Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 02-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #101
X Knight
Fists of Justice

Default Re: Street Fighter V

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
I like story mode pics. Funny and dynamic:

I like the story mode pics and the art style, too.

it's just a shame the story mode is so damn short for each character.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:50 AM   #102
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

I never saw a long story in a Street Fighter game.

OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #103
X Knight
Fists of Justice

^^ they were longer than 2-4 single round matches with no difficulty slider.

each character story should have been 6-8 matches, with multiple rounds, in between cutscenes/art, and a final boss/rival for each character. with a difficulty slider to adjust the challenge. and each story mode builds towards the larger story mode that will be released in June.

if that had been the case, I don't think anyone would have been complaining about the current story mode. and in fact, I'd argue you wouldn't even need a separate Arcade Mode if each character story mode had been longer with more depth like what I described above.

the only downside to that would be that every time you play a character's story mode, it would be the exact same opponents in the exact same order, unlike in Arcade Mode where the opponents and order would be random, save for the rival/boss fight.

but, that's where other modes like vs CPU and Survival come in. Play those modes for random challenge. Play the story mode for a deeper look at your character's story.

Last edited by X Knight; 02-21-2016 at 12:09 PM.
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:07 PM   #104
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

There was more fights and challenge - sure, but story?

P.S. It's nice to see normal Russian language in a foreign game. "ИГРАЙ СМЕЛО" (igray smelo) = something like a motto "play, don't be shy".

Last edited by OutOfBoose; 02-21-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #105
X Knight
Fists of Justice

^^ well, this would have been an opportunity to do something different, to place more emphasis on character story.

but even if the story was sparse like in previous installments, at least give us more fights and challenge.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:08 AM   #106
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

40 hours in - I freaking love this game.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #107
Joe Von Zombie
Unite the Seven

Jim Sterling posted a fantastic video about this game on his site. Can't post it here because it's "inappropriate."

There is a huge difference between "I want to honor my loved ones" and "I hate criminals, and want to punish them".

That difference is called "Batman".- The Guard
Joe Von Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:22 PM   #108
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
40 hours in - I freaking love this game.
Me, too. A shame all anyone wants to talk about is what's not there, not what is.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:40 PM   #109
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

The game is solid. I've already racked up about 31% of the trophies so far. My online experience has been great as well.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:43 PM   #110
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

The trophies seem a lot easier to get overall than the SFIV ones. I still can't believe I managed to get the 10 ranked wins one in a row on vanilla SFIV.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:17 AM   #111
zenith16
Side-Kick

Street Fighter V has broken Evo’s registration records just four days after registration began

9 hours ago
Street Fighter 5 has already broken registration records at fighting game tournament Evo 2016, proving the long-running fighting series still has...
Read more

source: PCGamesN

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:23 AM   #112
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Well-deserved. This year's EVO is gonna be amazing.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:16 AM   #113
The Hill
Frat House Member

Can't believe Marvel 3 is still a featured event. I thought it would have been a side tournament by now.

Backtracking is the basis of all gameplay. Only a fool wouldn't recycle assets to lengthen gameplay
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:55 AM   #114
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Never liked to watch Marvel 3 fights. I didn't play that game, but it's hard to make out what's going on on the screen and who's winning. SFV, KI, T7 - the most exciting stuff.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:13 AM   #115
The Hill
Frat House Member

Agreed. Hmmm, I noticed KOF13 isn't in EVO this year. Shame.

Backtracking is the basis of all gameplay. Only a fool wouldn't recycle assets to lengthen gameplay
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:27 AM   #116
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

It didn't present in 2015 either. For shame. I love KOFXIII.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:09 AM   #117
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Wondering how to get "Cat Cafe Regular" title. How should I die trying...

Old 02-23-2016, 06:25 PM   #118
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Me, too. A shame all anyone wants to talk about is what's not there, not what is.
I'd say it's deserved, just like how people lashed out against Star Wars: Battlefront.

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #119
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Eh, it's subjective, but much like Battlefront, that overstayed its welcome. It's fine to have issues and criticisms about something, but after awhile you're just saying the same stuff over and over again. It'd be nice to discuss the game as we have as opposed to how it isn't or may be in the future, because I know I'm not the only one enjoying the game.

Quote:

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 02-23-2016 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #120
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

It's more like it's another game that follows the Capcom trend of bad business practices (which was supposed to be history by now).

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:25 PM   #121
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Okay, cool

Quote:
Old 02-23-2016, 08:46 PM   #122
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
I disagree with Angry Joe even though he wasn't really angry this time. This is a good response from some dude in the comments:
I gotta be honest, that comment does make some valid points. still, I don't think it or any online-only game is worth $60 at launch

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 PM   #123
X Knight
Fists of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
I gotta be honest, that comment does make some valid points. still, I don't think it or any online-only game is worth $60 at launch
I disagree slightly in the sense that "worth" is subjective. to you or me or anyone who prefers single player content, an online-only or multiplayer-only game isn't "worth" $60 because it doesn't offer much value.

but, for someone who enjoys online-only or mp-only games, and a game is clearly marketed as such with plenty of online and mp content, then to that person, it could definitely be worth $60.

the problem with SF V is that it falls somewhere in between. while the focus right now is clearly on the online, competitive play, the game itself is not online-only or mp-only. Nor was it ever marketed by Capcom as such.

True, Capcom said that they would be adding new single player modes post launch, but they never said that there wouldn't be an Arcade Mode or no vs CPU mode or that the individual story modes would be so short and easy.

The game has single player content - it's just rather sparse and underwhelming right now at launch.

but, technically, the game should appeal to BOTH online/mp players and to single players. Capcom never said they were ditching the single player stuff entirely to focus solely on online-only/mp-only.

Last edited by X Knight; 02-23-2016 at 11:52 PM.
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:00 AM   #124
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBlade View Post
I'd say it's deserved, just like how people lashed out against Star Wars: Battlefront.
I wasn't walking by, I was WAITING for this game. And initially I was disappointed with lack of SP content. I even posted about it here. But after spending more time with it I changed my mind. Capcom gave me an opportunity to play the game a few months earlier. What's important, they DIDN'T cut out anything, that is supposed to be there. Like additional modes, that come in March and June. They're just not ready at the moment. They won't ask additional money for it. It's the same $60 or cheaper, if you can find a better deal. It was a great compromise, too bad many people didn't pay attention.

Also, don't compare SFV with Battlefront. Battlefront's biggest problem is game design. It's dull and cheap AF. Well, It was when the game came out. I didn't really follow since then.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:03 AM   #125
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
What do you really want? Price $30 and then buy additionally the rest of the stuff - 8 people lobbies, trials, challenges, possible vs. CPU, story mode? All of that will arrive for free in a few months. In the mean time, we all can play online, practice or hate guts Survival.