The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 02-07-2018, 04:43 PM   #676
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Same here. I was so bloody hyped for this game considering that ME is one of my most favorite franchises. I wasn't able to play the game right at launch so most of the bugs were already taken care of when I got my hands on it but the game felt wrong from the start. And I'm not talking about the technical stuff (sure it's there but I can see past animation glitches and what-not), but it's the fact that it almost feels like a different game that tries to replicate the sucess of ME, instead of being a sequel.
I really wanna give it a chance and finish it but whenever I have free time I'm just not motivated enough to start it up
Such a strange experience as it has a lot of the good things that Mass Effect games have but is also missing key elements and that feeling that you are playing a special game.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:45 PM   #677
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Nothing will ever take away from the phenomenon that was the OG trilogy.

Before this generation is over, I’m not giving up hope that ea has it in the back of their minds that they can still do a remake.
Oh yes, I will always remember it fondly. And I also hope to get that remaster one day. I’m surprised we don’t already have it but maybe they think it best not to release with negativity hanging over the brand and will save for when they release the next big game, whenever that might be.

Old 02-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #678
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Oh yes, I will always remember it fondly. And I also hope to get that remaster one day. I’m surprised we don’t already have it but maybe they think it best not to release with negativity hanging over the brand and will save for when they release the next big game, whenever that might be.
their next big game is Anthem. looks like another Destiny/Division type game and as much criticisms as those games have gotten, they have been pretty successful financially speaking.

&& yeah, I really hope ea will budge with remaking the ME trilogy. maybe...it will be a launch title for Ps5/Xbox Two in 2020?

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:05 AM   #679
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
their next big game is Anthem. looks like another Destiny/Division type game and as much criticisms as those games have gotten, they have been pretty successful financially speaking.

&& yeah, I really hope ea will budge with remaking the ME trilogy. maybe...it will be a launch title for Ps5/Xbox Two in 2020?
It looks good and will do well to sell like those 2 games. Hopefully Bioware can get their reputation back from this and maybe another Dragon Age. Fans might be ready for another big Mass Effect game then.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:02 AM   #680
Elayis
Side-Kick

I'm not sure Bioware will ever reclaim their reputation from their old school fans. The reason why they became so successful was because they made single player, narrative driven games. But starting with Inquisition they've been moving further and further away from that, with Anthem being a completely different genre.

Until they start making those kinds of games again (even Dragon Age 4 is being reconfigured to feature more "live" games as a service features) the company's rep will always be in question.

I'm one of those fans that has no interest in Anthem (don't like online-only games), so the only company that consistently puts out good story driven RPGs is CD Projekt Red. Really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

1 The Dark Knight 2 Batman Begins 3 X-Men 4 Iron Man 5 Dark Knight Rises 6 X2 7 Kick-Ass 8 Hulk 9 Spider-Man 10 X-Men: First Class 11 Spider-Man 2 12 Constantine '05 13 Captain America: Winter Soldier 14 Black Panther 15 Wonder Woman 16 Age of Ultron
Elayis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:29 PM   #681
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

So I bought the Andromeda deluxe edition for 17 bucks off Amazon, and I've put several hours into it. Cleared the radiation on Eos, did some side tasks and exploring. Overall I'd say right now it's not all that bad, for 17 bucks it's a deal.

Still a damn shame about how it all went down though. Especially with no post release content or more patch support. No game breaking glitches in my game, but it's rather choppy here and there, and sometimes when driving the nomad, the screen will freeze for a few seconds. Combat is pretty fun, pretty overwhelming with all the abilities and profiles, very diverse.

At this point, the ME fan in me hopes to see a complete trilogy remaster on the current gen consoles, with all DLC included. I think that's about the best we'll get for the next few years.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #682
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

The game is only $20 on Amazon, I might have to go and buy it just for what it is.

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #683
Iceman
Infinity War!

Worth it at that price.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #684
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

So I'm still playing. Definitely not as bad as all the reports made it out to be, but it is lacking that special something. Exploring with the Nomad is alright, but side quests aren't much to right home about. Squad mates are meh, then again the bar was set real high from the trilogy.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #685
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I actually liked the squad mates in Andromeda. But I really missed the straight forward class system of the trilogy.

The Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #686
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

I also miss the power wheel and choosing squad mate's weapons. I feel like I have no control over them, whereas before it felt like a real team effort. I also dislike the fact I can't change their outfits. I know the previous games had DLC for squad costumes, but Mass Effect 3 had a few alternatives by default.

It's just one of those things that should be standard.

Old 02-17-2018, 07:36 AM   #687
Iceman
Infinity War!

I definitely agree. The game is fun for sure and nowhere near as bad as made out to be, just missing that X-factor that the originals had. You don’t feel like what you are doing in the game here is quite as important.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:07 AM   #688
Nathan

A remaster of the original trilogy will be the only time I'll give money to EA again. But they'd probably manage to even **** that up, by not including all DLC, forcing you to buy them separately again.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #689
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
A remaster of the original trilogy will be the only time I'll give money to EA again. But they'd probably manage to even **** that up, by not including all DLC, forcing you to buy them separately again.
I've been wanting to restart my entire Mass Effect collection on PS3, but I'd loose some exclusive stuff, and I'd have to repurchase all the DLC. It varies on being worth it.

I don't think EA would have us repurchase all the DLC on a HD remaster, they don't have the balls for that.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #690
Nathan

Never underestimate EA's greed.