The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 03-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #51
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Played the game for the first 3-4 hours and am loving it. So glad to be back in this world. I haven't spent too much time getting to know any of my new squad mates, but at first take, they seem to be pretty cool.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:20 AM   #52
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Spent more time playing the multiplayer. I still cannot play the singleplayer because the game won't let me. Everytime I try playing quickstart male or female Ryder, or a custom character, a message thanking me for taking part in the trial pops. So, it looks like I'm locked out of the single player for whatever reason.

Played a couple matches in multiplayer, and it's fun. Getting in the swing of things, and trying the different characters/classes. Some powers seem useless, unless I need to just upgrade them. But, some are really fun. If the 21st wasn't so close, I'd probably be pissed about not being able to play the single player. But, with Tuesday near and a few more hours to go on the trial (even if just MP)...and Iron Fist tomorrow, I've got things to hold me over.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:31 AM   #53
zenith16
Side-Kick

Video with in the top article if you want to see it.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Easter egg says we owe everything to SpaceX

on Mar 15, 2017
In Mass Effect: Andromeda players will take on the role of the Pathfinder, the leader of an expedition to colonize a new world. It is the embodiment of humanity’s dream of space exploration and, according to one in-game Easter Egg, it’s all thanks
Read more

Quote:
Without the Falcon Heavy, there would be no Tempest

In Mass Effect: Andromeda players will take on the role of the Pathfinder, the leader of an expedition to colonize a new world. It is the embodiment of humanity’s dream of space exploration and, according to one in-game Easter Egg, it’s all thanks to SpaceX.
When you take control of the main character in Andromeda, you venture into their private quarters, which contain a set of shelves in the back of the room. In a cubby that sits about waist high is a “SpaceX model.”
SpaceX’s Falcon 9 lower stage lands at the end of its mission to put the Jason-3 Earth observation satellite into orbit, January 2016. SpaceXThat model looks an awful lot like the Falcon Heavy, a new launch vehicle scheduled to go up this year. Capable of lifting 54 metric tons, or the equivalent of a fully-loaded 737, SpaceX says it “will be the most powerful operational rocket in the world by a factor of two.”
It’s also fully reusable.
The Falcon Heavy is the next phase of a long journey for CEO and space enthusiast Elon Musk’s and his team at SpaceX, one that will open up the possibility of arranging a private mission to Mars for the first time.
Interacting with the model in Andromeda opens up an entry in the game’s Codex. It seems that in Mass Effect’s version of the future, the Falcon Heavy was humanity’s first real step toward living among the stars.
From the Codex:
After the historic NASA Apollo moon landings in 1969, the drive for crewed space exploration slowed as government funding dried up. The move towards cheaper unmanned probes and orbital stations gained traction instead, as one of the central obstacles was the expense of creating first-stage booster rockets that would be lost after each flight.
But the lure of sending people into the cosmos never lost its draw. In the early 21st century, a private company called SpaceX pioneered efforts in sustainable space travel by developing a reusable launch system. It revolutionized the field as the first entity, government or private, to successfully launch and then safely recover an orbital booster rocket intact, allowing it to be reused in future launches. Reusable hardware placed lower-cost, sustainable space travel within reach.
Galvanized by SpaceX’s achievements, a renaissance in space exploration followed. Reusable launch system technology later became pivotal in establishing the European Space Agency’s first permanent settlement on Mars, Lowell City, in 2103.
Fans of the first Mass Effect will remember visiting Lowell City. The location was unlocked once players reached level 20.
For those of us still waiting for Andromeda to unlock, we’ll have to settle for a tour of Eos Chasma, home to the fictional city, instead. The first 10 hours are available now for EA Access members, and will be open to all on Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players starting March 21.

MORE FROM POLYGON

Quote:
It's called Apex HQ

Mass Effect: Andromeda Getting a Companion App for Multiplayer

• 13 hours ago
There have been companion apps for multiple games out there in the 21st century of gaming. Companion apps are smartphone apps that tie into the main title that can be played on the go and add to the main game back at home. Mass Effect: Andromeda is getting such an app.
They're calling it Apex HQ. The app tracks progress of the main title's multiplayer mode, displaying progress, unlocks, characters and more. The home screen of the app is also customizable.
Apex HQ allows one to choose a loadout that will be available next time the player logs in. Cosmetic packs can also be bought through the app for later use.
In order for stats to be tracked, you must log in to Apex HQ using the same EA Account associated with your copy of Mass Effect: Andromeda. The app launches March 20 for iOS and Android. Go to Apex HQ's website for more information.
As for Andromeda, it launches March 21 in North America for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
EA

source:POLYGON & http://www.gamezone.com/

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:43 AM   #54
zenith16
Side-Kick

from earlier to the latest

AMD’s Mass Effect: Andromeda drivers go live tonight, promise a 12% performance boost

1 day ago
comments 1

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.3.2 is going live tonight for AMD GPU owners. The new drivers will give a boost to Mass Effect:...

Read more

also with

Mass Effect: Andromeda release times - the earliest you can possibly play the full game

20 hours ago
Comments 6

Update March 16, 2017: With the trial period now live, here's when you can actually play the full game.
You've already blown through the 10 hour...Read more

Lastly

Mass Effect: Andromeda's day one patch is already live in the Origin access trial

1 mins ago
We knew that Mass Effect: Andromeda was getting a day one patch, but we didn’t know for sure when it would be applied. Lead designer Ian Frazier...Read more

source:
PCGN

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:36 AM   #55
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

I am reading you can't control your squadmates abilities at all during combat... WTH?

Old 03-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #56
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I am reading you can't control your squadmates abilities at all during combat... WTH?
could you control squadmates' abilities in the prior games? I don't remember being able to do that.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #57
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
could you control squadmates' abilities in the prior games? I don't remember being able to do that.
Of course you could. That is why there was a wheel. You could even turn off all non-use of powers that you didn't decide on. It was a staple of the series for the first three games.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #58
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

That's one thing I haven't liked so far, it does seem you can't control your squad mates powers anymore, although with each power having their own individual cool time now, it's easy to do power combos by yourself. Still though, would have preferred to be able to map their powers like before at the very least. Still loving my time with the game so far, only about an hour left on my trial time.

Last edited by eternalinferno; 03-17-2017 at 11:43 AM.
eternalinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #59
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Of course you could. That is why there was a wheel. You could even turn off all non-use of powers that you didn't decide on. It was a staple of the series for the first three games.
oh? I guess I just never used that feature.

you couldn't directly switch to and control your party members like you could in Dragon Age, right? Maybe that's why I don't remember directly controlling a squadmate's abilities.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:42 AM   #60
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
oh? I guess I just never used that feature.

you couldn't directly switch to and control your party members like you could in Dragon Age, right? Maybe that's why I don't remember directly controlling a squadmate's abilities.
No you couldn't take complete control of them, but whenever you brought up the weapon or power wheel you could select what power and weapon you wanted them to use, and map a power from each squad mate to a button for instant use.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #61
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalinferno View Post
No you couldn't take complete control of them, but whenever you brought up the weapon or power wheel you could select what power and weapon you wanted them to use, and map a power from each squad mate to a button for instant use.
thanks.

well, now that I know about that feature, it would suck if it's been removed from the new game.

I can see how that would let you play the game more "tactically" instead of just running and gunning it.

and, it seems like yet another example of Bioware "dumbing down" or "streamlining" their games ( been doing it to the DA games, too ).

guess you could they they streamlined/dumbed down the CC in this game, as well.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #62
Iceman
Infinity War!

I guess you never played on the max difficulty on ME2? Certain parts of that would have been pretty hard without coordinating powers with your squad mates.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #63
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Wait, really? You can't control your squadmates powers?? That can't be right.

Dude...I really enjoyed coordinating. Yeah, it wasn't anything like DAO, but I like syncing attacks. Even the Bioware games that were criticized for being dumbed down, like DA2 and DA:I let you use you squads powers.

Why change that? Why fix something that a'int broken?

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:25 PM   #64
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I guess you never played on the max difficulty on ME2? Certain parts of that would have been pretty hard without coordinating powers with your squad mates.
Yeah, I finished 2 and 3 on Insanity, and that feel pretty important. I brought Miranda everywhere in 2 because of Overload and Warp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
Wait, really? You can't control your squadmates powers?? That can't be right.

Dude...I really enjoyed coordinating. Yeah, it wasn't anything like DAO, but I like syncing attacks. Even the Bioware games that were criticized for being dumbed down, like DA2 and DA:I let you use you squads powers.

Why change that? Why fix something that a'int broken?
It is all over the reddit for the game. I thought it must be crazy but then I saw those "defending" the game saying it wasn't a big deal. So yeah, it seems true. Blew my mind when I read it.

As to why, apparently one of the Bioware people on twitter said it was because they didn't want to interupt the speed of the game and they would never patch it in.

I don't get why they think less control of my RPG is better...

Old 03-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #65
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #66
DarthSkywalker

Its like she is playing defense or something.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #67
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Yeah, I'm not buying this **** until it's in the bargain bin. Hope the people that did buy this get their money's worth though.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #68
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

Well, my trial time is over. Overall I'm very much looking forward to the full game. I'd say some pros are the game play itself, combat is definitely much more fluid and fun this time around, and you have the freedom to try out different powers without the class system. The profiles provide some pretty cool / hefty bonuses as well. And the sense of exploration and discover is very much there, it doesn't feel like a chore. Squad mates are alright so far, no real stand outs yet though. Game runs well and looks good too, at least on my pc. As for some cons, yeah the animations and facial expressions can be weird and unnatural, something that's always plagued this series unfortunately. Also the removal of the ability to control your squad mates powers is puzzling, I hope despite whatever they're saying about it now they eventually patch it back in. As for the character creator, for my tastes it's adequate enough since I've never been one that needed robust customization options when it comes to that, I'd always just pick a preset face and tweak it from there to my liking. I spent all my time playing the campaign so I didn't touch the multi-player yet. All in all, can't wait to pick up where I left off once the game is officially released.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #69
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalinferno View Post
Well, my trial time is over. Overall I'm very much looking forward to the full game. I'd say some pros are the game play itself, combat is definitely much more fluid and fun this time around, and you have the freedom to try out different powers without the class system. The profiles provide some pretty cool / hefty bonuses as well. And the sense of exploration and discover is very much there, it doesn't feel like a chore. Squad mates are alright so far, no real stand outs yet though. Game runs well and looks good too, at least on my pc. As for some cons, yeah the animations and facial expressions can be weird and unnatural, something that's always plagued this series unfortunately. Also the removal of the ability to control your squad mates powers is puzzling, I hope despite whatever they're saying about it now they eventually patch it back in. As for the character creator, for my tastes it's adequate enough since I've never been one that needed robust customization options when it comes to that, I'd always just pick a preset face and tweak it from there to my liking. I spent all my time playing the campaign so I didn't touch the multi-player yet. All in all, can't wait to pick up where I left off once the game is officially released.
thanks for your impressions. glad you liked the trial.

as more and more custom Ryders get posted online, I've now seen several what I consider attractive custom Fem Ryders.

so that gives me more hope that I can work with the existing CC and come up with a suitable character.

the other issues don't really bother me as much ( like not being able to control squadmate powers ), though it would be nice to get them fixed/patched.

I think I'll still pick this up next week - been waiting too long to give up now.....lol.

worst case scenario, I'll just roll with default Scott Ryder on my 1st playthrough as I wait for them to patch the CC with improvements.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #70
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
You could also tell them where to go, like taking positions. I found it really handy. They didn't always listen perfectly to orders, but it was still better than having them run around doing whatever they liked most of the time.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #71
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
That is the run of a person with a **** filled diaper.

Man, this game went from awesomesauce to skidmark in a hurry.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #72
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Check out the AAA script writing and top tier graphics in this scene:

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #73
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
You could also tell them where to go, like taking positions. I found it really handy. They didn't always listen perfectly to orders, but it was still better than having them run around doing whatever they liked most of the time.
You can still do that much at least, just to clarify.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:03 PM   #74
DarthSkywalker

Marv is the king of straight shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Yeah, it had is problem, but you could handle a difficult room rather well with those controls overall.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #75
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
I bet the majority of the players will never see that animation, but because its in a stupid gif on the internet, everyone will think that animation happens every single time you go down the stairs. Fun fact, it doesn't.

This game was doomed from the start simply because of the events of the last game, which were completely blown out of proportion by the clowns who simply have nothing better to do than to whine over their keyboard.