The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 03-17-2017, 09:24 PM   #76
Soapy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

It's a shame what's happened to Bioware. From BG to ME2 I don't think they made a bad game, but since then they've just turned into a trash factory.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #77
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
I bet the majority of the players will never see that animation, but because its in a stupid gif on the internet, everyone will think that animation happens every single time you go down the stairs. Fun fact, it doesn't.

This game was doomed from the start simply because of the events of the last game, which were completely blown out of proportion by the clowns who simply have nothing better to do than to whine over their keyboard.
It seems fairly common and doesn't have to do with stairs. Characters just randomly start walking like that, including NPCs.

Mass Effect is my favorite outside of the ending, which is dreadful. But I don't that is the problem here. This game seems rushed. There are some really odd problems here, along with gameplay decisions that seem really odd. I was excited for this, but the more I learn the more I think it is clear that while I will eventually enjoy this, I don't feel like getting this now. Not with Nier out and Persona 5 about to be out.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:04 PM   #78
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
It's a shame what's happened to Bioware. From BG to ME2 I don't think they made a bad game, but since then they've just turned into a trash factory.
I don't think they make trash games. But they make clearly inferior games imo. I don't think they ever evolved from the early 00s. They just streamlined things. In a world with the Witcher 3, I just don't see how you can try and get away with this.

But hey, I am the big Star Wars fan that never quite understood the Kotor love. Good game, but never saw it as the second coming. But I really enjoyed the Mass Effect trilogy, even if again I didn't quite get the praise.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:18 PM   #79
X Knight
Hope

so, there's a new "mystery" brewing over at the unofficial BSN forums.

someone posted a Youtube link to a vid from a French player who live played the early access game on X1 yesterday ( March 16 ).

it was pointed out that the Sara Ryder used in his vid looked different and much better than any of the current custom presets. Indeed, it looked like a better, more refined/prettier version of the current default Sara.

one poster even posted the 2 models side by side:

Current default Sara model
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"Mystery" Sara model
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

As you can see, the 2 models are just too similar for the mystery one to be a custom creation. And if you watch the video, he doesn't start the game after creating a character. he selects "Sara Ryder" option from the main mention and then starts the game.

IMO, the mystery Sara looks much better. the texture is smoother and more refined. Overall, she looks prettier, imo.

we have been going back and forth on the BSN boards, speculating where the mystery face model came from and how come no one else has been able to use that model.

one thought is that perhaps the mystery model is from an earlier build that the French player somehow got access to?

and if that's a case, why the **** did Bioware change the default model??!! The mystery model, imo, looks like a more refined version you'd find in the latest build ready for launch. while the current model looks more like an earlier build, work in progress, version.

It's just another weird choice in a string of strange decisions.......

what do you guys think?

edit:

here's the Youtube vid in question:

At around the 15:00 mark, you can see him start the game by choosing the "Sara Ryder" option. Then, at around the 19:50 mark, you can see it when his Sara Ryder wakes up.

Last edited by X Knight; 03-17-2017 at 10:27 PM.
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:52 PM   #80
DarthSkywalker

Might be because that version of the game did not run well.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:00 PM   #81
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Might be because that version of the game did not run well.
then how come that French guy was playing it as part of the EA Access trial on his X1 yesterday??

I can understand if this was a video from last year or a few months ago or something. The you could rationalize it as being from an earlier build.

but this was from yesterday.

that's the weird part.

Last edited by X Knight; 03-17-2017 at 11:04 PM.
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #82
Reek
_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
That is the run of a person with a **** filled diaper.

Man, this game went from awesomesauce to skidmark in a hurry.
So you've played and finished the game? Damn, I wish I had your exclusives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I'm sorry, but calling Mass Effect 3 a trash game because of the ending is childish as ****. ME3 was fantastic up until the star child. Period.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #83
DarthSkywalker

Then the video probably isn't real.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:11 PM   #84
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Then the video probably isn't real.
and create an 1 hour 40 minute live streaming video?

I guess. who knows.

but that's a pretty convincing "con" job then......lol.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:13 PM   #85
Reek
_________

I'm not going to pull a jokesonm3/darknessofdeath and write something off before i even play it lol unless it just gets dog **** reviews.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #86
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok this thread been busy

ok so I know your all(or most of you) aware of

Quote:

Ouch..

Gamers have been getting their hands on Mass Effect: Andromeda before release and the reports are pretty interesting.
Mass Effect: Andromeda released on early access for EA Access and Origin Access subscribers and it looks like there are some animation issues. Fans have recorded and shared a number animations that aren't what they expected from the BioWare game. While it was expected that the game would be updated with a patch for the animations, it appears as though it won't be coming.
The lead designer for Mass Effect: Andromeda has confirmed that there will be no fixes for character animations, despite the criticism from fans. When a fan asked whether there would be a day one patch for animations, the designer replied:
"At day 1? No, that ship has sailed. We'll have more patches later on, but exactly what goes into them is still in discussion."
Whether or not fan criticisms are warranted, well, you can decide that out for yourself by checking this thread out or the tweets below:
pic.twitter.com/Ids5kuOq7q
— Nibel (@Nibellion) March 16, 2017
She's on her way to steal your man. #swiggityswoogityshecominforthatbooty#MassEffectAndromeda pic.twitter.com/BIHkxP5uE6
— Tatiana Morris (@TatiMo_GZ) March 16, 2017
Mass Effect: Andromeda is releasing next week, March 21 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA

Also with

• NEWSMass Effect: Andromeda workarounds for black screen, launch issues and stuck Ryder on Xbox One, PS4, PC Yesterday at 11:00 am

If you're having issues launching the early access trial for Mass Effect: Andromeda as part of the EA Access...
    Read more

Quote:
    Save this.

If you're having issues launching the early access trial for Mass Effect: Andromeda as part of the EA Access or Origin Access, there's probably a fix for you. In fact, EA has posted a workaround for a majority of known issues, across all platforms.
    The workarounds will help anyone who has been having trouble launching the game, accessing the early access or have their main character locked in an unwanted place or position. In addition to these workarounds, there's also a fix for connectivity issues.
    If you're having connection problems, makes sure these ports are open on your router (all platforms):
    • TCP: 443, 17503, 17504, 10000-19999, 42210, 42130, 42230.
    • UDP: 3659, 10000-19999.
    These workarounds will be available until a patch releases for Mass Effect: Andromeda. The game releases next week on March 21.
    As per EA:
    Black screen on start-up or when alt-tabbing away and back (PC)
    • Check to see if you have the Corsair Utility Engine installed on your system.
    • If you do, try uninstalling it and then relaunching the game.
    Alternatively, you can try pressing alt-enter to switch to windowed mode. Running the game in windowed mode or in borderless windowed mode makes alt-tabbing easier.
    The game doesn’t launch, but it triggers a process in Task Manager (PC)
    • Your firewall or antivirus may be blocking ActivationUI.exe which is needed to start the game for the first time.
    • Add it (default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\core\ActivationUI.exe) to your firewall or antivirus whitelist and try launching the game again.
    The game won’t launch at all (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
    • Make sure the download is at least 42% complete, which is when you’ll see the ‘Ready to Play’ notification.
    Ryder is stuck in an animation and won’t respond to commands (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
    • Try switching between combat and exploration mode.
    • Try jumping.
    • Try opening and closing your scanner.
    • If none of these work, try saving and restarting the game.
    Ryder is stuck somewhere in the game and can’t get out (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
    • Use fast travel to extract Ryder.
    I turned on HDR and changed my display mode and now graphics look weird (PC with Radeon GPUs)
    • Try alt-tabbing away from the game and back again.
    • In your Radeon settings, try turning HDR off and back on again.
    When it comes to connection issues, you need to remember the game uses peer-to-peer matchmaking. Multiplayer games are hosted on the machine and connection of one of the players in the lobby. Because of this, your connection to the host will matter.
    I’m on Xbox and I’ve preordered. I have EA Access but I get a “too early” message when I try to play. What’s up? (Xbox One, EA Access Trial)
    If you’ve got EA Access and have pre-loaded the game, you might get an error message when you try to launch it through My Games and Apps.
    To fix this:
    • Go to the EA Access Hub
    • Choose Game Trials
    • Select Mass Effect: Andromeda
    • Choose Try Now
    • Choose Free Trial
    • If you’ve already downloaded the game, you should be able to launch your trial now.

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
    MASS EFFECT
source: http://www.gamezone.com/

Last edited by zenith16; 03-17-2017 at 11:24 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:45 PM   #87
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

Not a day one, but perhaps a patch could fix that, although ultimately the animations thing is a minor issue for me. I'd prefer getting the ability to control squad mate powers back as a priority. Anyone that has access to the early trial I'd say give it a shot, the games ultimately a blast to play.

eternalinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:51 PM   #88
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
possible spoilers, maybe, I guess.
but full breakdown of all skills and powers plus upgrade trees. might give you some ideas about what skills you want to take and what upgrades.

Mass Effect Andromeda - Showcase All Skills and their Ranks
  • 2,979 views1 day ago

yep checking it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalinferno View Post
Not a day one, but perhaps a patch could fix that, although ultimately the animations thing is a minor issue for me. I'd prefer getting the ability to control squad mate powers back as a priority. Anyone that has access to the early trial I'd say give it a shot, the games ultimately a blast to play.
yeah the thing about the powers is weird it was thing still talking about til yestday. from what I understand this with the single play sadly. it still might a thing for the apex missions if it's just you and ai squad in the MP of apex (<<: It might have changed too) but I know lot of won't like that regardless.

I'd like to hear and see it back as well. but never know some when they make chose like and choose to be stubborn about bringing back.

I've always been a guy that like option available to himself

See Mass Effect: Andromeda running at 4K with HDR March 17, 2017

Nvidia has shared some new Mass Effect: Andromeda gameplay running at 4K with HDR.
Read more

got this from polygon

Take a sneak peek at Mass Effect: Andromeda’s expansive art book
Oh my god, Peebee’s full name is ‘Pelessaria B’Sayle’

Quote:
Oh my god, Peebee’s full name is ‘Pelessaria B’Sayle’

A New Mass Effect game is just over the horizon for the first time in five years, and Dark Horse Comics has returned to the series as well — to produce the official art book. The Art of Mass Effect: Andromeda hits shelves the same day as Mass Effect: Andromeda itself, March 21. The book is a hardcover edition packed with “exclusive art of the new game’s characters, arsenal, locations, vehicles and more.”
Dark Horse has offered Polygon two never-before-seen images from the edition — including one detailing some of the design iteration of the asari crewmate Pelessaria “Peebee” B’Sayle — and we’re passing them straight on to you. Enjoy!

Also with a lets play from vic of EPN.TV

1:41:33

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Let's Play - Electric Playground
342 views 1 hour agoStreamed live 4 hours ago
Mass Effect: Andromeda is finally docked in the PS4 Pro and you can tag along with Vic on the first mission.

and this

his review will be up with the easy allies ( Formerly the GT review crew )review an review break down

source
: POLYGON.COM,EGM&EPN.tv

Last edited by zenith16; 03-18-2017 at 04:43 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:03 AM   #89
Iceman
Infinity War!

The movement and combat looks so much sharper/snappier/smoother.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #90
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
That is the run of a person with a **** filled diaper.

Man, this game went from awesomesauce to skidmark in a hurry.
these glitches may be unavoidable but i don't think it will affect the overall experience of the game. the original trilogy was loaded with this crap, as I remember, but I still fell in love with Me2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
I bet the majority of the players will never see that animation, but because its in a stupid gif on the internet, everyone will think that animation happens every single time you go down the stairs. Fun fact, it doesn't.

This game was doomed from the start simply because of the events of the last game, which were completely blown out of proportion by the clowns who simply have nothing better to do than to whine over their keyboard.
lol. or you're in denial.

every single time I played Me3 I got the same glitches in the same scenes, no matter what I did differently.

here's a few more to reassure you

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #91
DarthSkywalker

I actually started playing Mass Effect 3 again, but stopped because of the stupid weapons mod glitch. So frustrating that it exist 5 years later.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 03-18-2017 at 10:33 AM.
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #92
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
I actually started playing Mass Effect 3 again, but stopped because of the stupid weapons mod gltch. So frustrating that it exist 5 years later.
were you playing on PC?

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 03-18-2017, 10:34 AM   #93
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
were you playing on PC?
No PS3. I originally played the games on 360 but got the games for my PS3 and have been playing through them.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #94
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
No PS3. I originally played the games on 360 but got the games for my PS3 and have been playing through them.
oh okay, I misinterpreted when you said weapons mod glitch.

yeah in terms of last gen, even though ME games were glitchy on all platforms they were the worst on Ps3

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 03-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #95
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
oh okay, I misinterpreted when you said weapons mod glitch.

yeah in terms of last gen, even though ME games were glitchy on all platforms they were the worst on Ps3
Yeah, you can pick up weapons mods, which I had forgotten before playing again. It does sound like I am messing with the game though.

Basically the game does not register you picking them up so they disappear and you don't get them.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #96
Slick
Yup

Not going to be able to get this till early April so I hope you guys enjoy it.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #97
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

here's that same glitch happening in another section of the game

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 03-18-2017, 03:22 PM   #98
DarthSkywalker

Running like you have crap in your pants is good symbolism for this game.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #99
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

I don't think any of the Bioware games have been trash. Even DA:2, which is probably the worst Bioware game made that I can think of, still wasn't really trash. They cut corners up the ass, though. DA2 had us running around the same, relatively small, city map for the entire game. Compare that to how many different areas we had in DAO, ontop of how streamlined the combat was...but even then, I still found enjoyment in the characters and story. Isabella, Varric...the terrorist Mage. I still something to like about that game.

Mass Effect 3 was a great game. Until the end. Literally, up until the end that game was really great. There was some weird ****, with glitches, that has me convinced it was rushed. Just weird glitches, that made it one of the less polished Bioware games I've played. And on PS3, the entire ME Trilogy has glitches that I never experienced on multiple playthroughs on the 360. I never had Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2 hardlock on me on 360. But, it's happened multiple times on PS3, with both ME1 and ME2. Hell, ME2 froze on me like three times the other night in the span of like three hours.

I still can't play the single player in the EA Access trial, and apparently I'm the only person who's having this problem.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #100
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
I don't think any of the Bioware games have been trash. Even DA:2, which is probably the worst Bioware game made that I can think of, still wasn't really trash. They cut corners up the ass, though. DA2 had us running around the same, relatively small, city map for the entire game. Compare that to how many different areas we had in DAO, ontop of how streamlined the combat was...but even then, I still found enjoyment in the characters and story. Isabella, Varric...the terrorist Mage. I still something to like about that game.

Mass Effect 3 was a great game. Until the end. Literally, up until the end that game was really great. There was some weird ****, with glitches, that has me convinced it was rushed. Just weird glitches, that made it one of the less polished Bioware games I've played. And on PS3, the entire ME Trilogy has glitches that I never experienced on multiple playthroughs on the 360. I never had Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2 hardlock on me on 360. But, it's happened multiple times on PS3, with both ME1 and ME2. Hell, ME2 froze on me like three times the other night in the span of like three hours.

I still can't play the single player in the EA Access trial, and apparently I'm the only person who's having this problem.
i'm of the opinion that Me3 had a lot more wrong with it than just the ending, but I know i'm in the minority there.

as for the rest of bioware games, yeah. I heard dragon age 3 was good, it won some goty awards iirc, I even played it a little bit but couldn't keep going. just not really my thing but i suppose it was a good game.

Indeed
Quote:
Haha