The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 06-28-2017, 09:11 AM   #76
The Infernal
Living Impaired

Default Re: Marvel vs. Capcom: A Thread of Two Worlds - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
So, I haven't been following this closely, so I am probably late to this, but after playing the demo I can't help but say Goddamn at some of these character models. I about fell out of my seat when Captain America came on the screen. Some aren't that bad, but oh my God, what the hell happened between MvC3 and this ****.
I think they went to Rob Leifeld for tips on how to illustrate Captain America.

The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:11 AM   #77
zeptron
Side-Kick

Now that I think about it, Capcom may be right in a way when it comes modern fan not knowing who certain X-men are. MVC2 was nearly 20 years ago and they're trying to sell this game to more than just the people that played that as well as the previous Marvel/Capcom fighters beforehand. And honestly half the X-men probably aren't very known to the average modern Marvel fan. Let's look at a few

Wolverine, Storm and Magneto are easily recognizable. I think the last time I saw Psylocke in a game was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. She was in the last X-men movie, but it wasn't like that was a major role or anything and she didn't have very many lines. The movies honestly don't do a very good job at giving side X-men spotlight. My point is the average super hero fans probably couldn't tell you a thing about this character. Cyclops, he was just in the last movie with a more relevant part, but he spent the first movie trilogy basically getting the shaft. Especially in The Last Stand. He was basically the Hawkeye of those movies screen time wise. And if Sentinel ever returned, it would be for the same reason he was put in MVC3.

I could go on but half of the X-men in MVC2 probably aren't very well known by newer age kids. People will ask who is Marrow or who the heck is Spiral and that will be a loss of words there. Not saying I completely agree with Capcom and that silly interview(especially about the characters just being "functions") but they probably aren't incredibly far off from saying many modern day Marvel fans and how they perceive a lot of the X-men characters.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #78
Nathan

It's all pure nonsense. Younger Fans supposedly don't know who Wolverine and other X-Men characters are, yet they put in Mega Man X because of Fan demand. How many of the younger Fans even know about Mega Man X? When did he get his last game? Who the heck still knows about Bionic Commando or Ghouls 'n Ghosts? Yet their characters are represented.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:48 AM   #79
WolfCypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It's all pure nonsense. Younger Fans supposedly don't know who Wolverine and other X-Men characters are, yet they put in Mega Man X because of Fan demand. How many of the younger Fans even know about Mega Man X? When did he get his last game? Who the heck still knows about Bionic Commando or Ghouls 'n Ghosts? Yet their characters are represented.
While we're on that subject...Spencer had one game...ONE FRICKIN' GAME...and it got terrible reviews and underperformed sales wise. And he's far from iconic.

Why...the hell...is he still in these games??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm
GodDAMN these electric sex pants.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:52 AM   #80
Nathan

Maybe his functions make him great for a fighting game.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #81
WolfCypher

Ugh, this dump fire of a game...my least favorite video game company versus my least favorite comic book company, why would I expect any better?

Quote:
Old 06-29-2017, 09:34 AM   #82
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
All of those other characters are Capcom. So they have more control on that side than they do with the Marvel side. If Marvel weren't being so petty, I guarantee we'd at least have Wolverine and Deadpool considering both of them had recently released movies that do very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post

While we're on that subject...Spencer had one game...ONE FRICKIN' GAME...and it got terrible reviews and underperformed sales wise. And he's far from iconic.

Why...the hell...is he still in these games??!
Blame Combofiend.

I'm ok with his inclusion, but would had rather have a new character instead.

Last edited by zeptron; 06-29-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #83
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
Now that I think about it, Capcom may be right in a way when it comes modern fan not knowing who certain X-men are. MVC2 was nearly 20 years ago and they're trying to sell this game to more than just the people that played that as well as the previous Marvel/Capcom fighters beforehand. And honestly half the X-men probably aren't very known to the average modern Marvel fan. Let's look at a few
if were talking marvel fans of current day new or not they know who the x-men are even people that just got into anime know who they are, with all the super powered genre show similar to them. in both the east and west.

I don't buy this sorry. it's just they don't want to use them and there's also still bit of conflict in the air. part's of marvel are still some willing to play ball well Kevin feige with his movies part (the rest of it though that aren't directly apart of it keep putting them selves into this) and when ever fox's act up they both get weird & every one suffers and this guy from capcom just doesn't care much regardless he's not a gamer or fan he's producer that will just make money in the end of all this. so it's all meaningless to him.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-29-2017 at 09:53 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:03 AM   #84
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
No they arent/ MvC2 may have been nearly 20 years ago but MvC3 was only 6. They cut out a chunk of those characters that are still not only recognizable from the games, but movies which are still being produced

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:11 AM   #85
WolfCypher

And its not like the "unrecognizable" X-Men were the ones people were clamoring for. No one was asking for Spiral and Marrow. People aren't put off due to lack of Omega Red. Its the Wolverines, Deadpools, and Magnetos people want. Like, how are they any more unknown to casuals than Captain Marvel? If you aren't reading comics, you'd still know who these X-Men characters are via the abundance of recent movies they've all been in, while if you aren't reading comics, you've probably yet to know anything about Carol Danvers. Who is being pushed prolifically in this game.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2017, 10:13 AM   #86
WolfCypher

Unpopular post here, but ya know which X-Men I personally want? The likes of Sabretooth, Juggernaut, and Colossus with overhauled moveset (or just a copy/paste Zangief moveset).

Quote:
Old 06-29-2017, 10:15 AM   #87
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
if were talking marvel fans of current day new or not they know who the x-men are even people that just got into anime know who they are, with all the super powered genre show similar to them. in both the east and west.

I don't buy this sorry. it's just they don't want to use them and there's also still bit of conflict in the air. part's of marvel are still some willing to play ball well Kevin feige with his movies part (the rest of it though that aren't directly apart of it keep putting them selves into this) and when ever fox's act up they both get weird & every one suffers and this guy from capcom just doesn't care much regardless he's not a gamer or fan he's producer that will just make money in the end of all this. so it's all meaningless to him.
I'm not denying that Marvel not wanting to use them is the main case. Just that it's really not far fetched to think the younger generation isn't very familiar with like 80% of the X-men characters like older fans are. It's 2017 now and there are probably a lot of teenagers that have never seen the 90s X-men cartoon or played any of the games from the SNES/Genesis eras and haven't had any exposure to X-men outside of the movies. Which were pretty much the Wolverine show.

And I think Ike Perlmutter's the one that's mostly responsible for this issue.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #88
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not denying that Marvel not wanting to use them is the main case. Just that it's really not far fetched to think the younger generation isn't very familiar with like 80% of the X-men characters like older fans are. It's 2017 now and there are probably a lot of teenagers that have never seen the 90s X-men cartoon or played any of the games from the SNES/Genesis eras and haven't had any exposure to X-men outside of the movies. Which were pretty much the Wolverine show.

And I think Ike Perlmutter's the one that's mostly responsible for this issue.
the only ones that truly don't know them are those poor kid's in the world that don't have the privilege to play games video game at all or watch tv or see a movie theater . or those that are living the life where it's religion that controls their lives in the heaviest of ways, that nothing else is allowed due to the people teaching them that stuff.

Those are the people that fall into this category. til some one show's other them wise like during college if they ever visit or come to live (here north America) or a place similar like in Europe or the east Asian countries .

As to perlmutter it's possible, but with the other three marvel game directly under marvel control are out and ones ready to launch and the fact we are at least getting X-men on one console game still. I'm not sure I should bother going there yet. the man can be nuts. but we don't have proof. sorry to say. til someone say's other wise with showing links that can't be denied with that sorta claim.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-29-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #89
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
And its not like the "unrecognizable" X-Men were the ones people were clamoring for. No one was asking for Spiral and Marrow. People aren't put off due to lack of Omega Red. Its the Wolverines, Deadpools, and Magnetos people want. Like, how are they any more unknown to casuals than Captain Marvel? If you aren't reading comics, you'd still know who these X-Men characters are via the abundance of recent movies they've all been in, while if you aren't reading comics, you've probably yet to know anything about Carol Danvers. Who is being pushed prolifically in this game.
I know it's the lack of Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, Deadpool etc. is why people are pissed. Those are characters I think should have made the cut. It's that if newer audiences or average goers only went by the movies where every X-men got pushed to the side for more Wolverine, then the others probably aren't gonna be memorable to them.

Though they probably just detailed the "some modern fans may not remember the X-Men" comment by mentioning those who are very well recognized by the modern fan like Wolverine, Magneto, Deadpool, etc. Like you have to go out of your way to be exposed to Psylocke or Juggernaut. Probably even Gambit as well.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #90
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know it's the lack of Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, Deadpool etc. is why people are pissed. Those are characters I think should have made the cut. It's that if newer audiences or average goers only went by the movies where every X-men got pushed to the side for more Wolverine, then the others probably aren't gonna be memorable to them.

Though they probably just detailed the "some modern fans may not remember the X-Men" comment by mentioning those who are very well recognized by the modern fan like Wolverine, Magneto, Deadpool, etc. Like you have to go out of your way to be exposed to Psylocke or Juggernaut. Probably even Gambit as well.
psylocke known well enough. despite her poor show case inthe movies . if you seen other meduim's like i said other cultures like japan have made anime show's similar enough to x-men. fallowin gthe theme of pericution and more

but are their own thing too. But man they took alot from the x-men and added more to it too . there alot happening in the world entertainment wise most don't realize un less they look at those other medium's and are just look at surface area wise. .

The X-men spider man most of the teen heroes from marvel or started out as teen heroes and marvel in general have always been bigger then people realize.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:39 AM   #91
X Knight
Hope

I'm really surprised someone like Scarlet Witch isn't in, since she's part of the MCU and would be a brand new character to showcase. Same with Black Widow.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:37 PM   #92
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Unpopular post here, but ya know which X-Men I personally want? The likes of Sabretooth, Juggernaut, and Colossus with overhauled moveset (or just a copy/paste Zangief moveset).
Colossus definitely shouldnt have Zangief's moveset. Piotr isnt a wrestler so having him be a grappler wouldnt be a good way to utilize him. Thats not a "function" they should give him

Quote:

But those characters weren't even in the last MvC3 game which is why this train of thought is a stretch. Magneto, Deadpool, Jean Grey, X-23, Storm, Wolverine were all in the last MvC game and all are currently being used in the films. They sure as hell recognized by modern fans so bringing up Psylocke and Juggernaut doesnt really strengthen the argument when Capcom already abandoned them. Like others said, the statement is further contradicted by many of the Capcom choices for the roster who are even less irrelevant

Last edited by Havok83; 06-29-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:20 PM   #93
WolfCypher

You know, all this talk about functions and catering for the MCU movies, why the hell isn't Scarlet Witch in this?

She could "function" like Phoenix from MvC3, with a bevy of projectiles, levitation, hell, she can even go "Dark Phoenix" by having Wanda lose her sh** House of M style. She could be used as a plot point to explain why "No More Mutants" are appearing in this game's roster, and finally she perfectly ties into Marvel's movie agenda.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #94
zenith16
Side-Kick

lol if they pull that no more mutant thing I know the web will go nuts on them for sure . they will . especially on twitter and face book. people are sihing over what Kevin feige aboutthe current sony version of peter parker being that kid in the iron man mask in iron 2 as his first appearance in the MCU.

As to the reason she's not there "yet" the word being "yet" there the only people that can answer that are capcom or Bill Boseman him of marvel games. no one here or any where on the web will be able to answer that til ether of them say something on that. or til some asks them and they answer.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:46 PM   #95
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Honestly surprised Capcom and Marvel wouldn't want to get on the Deadpool train.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #96
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

But those characters weren't even in the last MvC3 game which is why this train of thought is a stretch. Magneto, Deadpool, Jean Grey, X-23, Storm, Wolverine were all in the last MvC game and all are currently being used in the films. They sure as hell recognized by modern fans so bringing up Psylocke and Juggernaut doesnt really strengthen the argument when Capcom already abandoned them. Like others said, the statement is further contradicted by many of the Capcom choices for the roster who are even less irrelevant
Capcom didn't "abandon" them. As of matter of fact, they actually wanted to put Juggernaut in MVC3. However they also wanted Sentinel and Marvel would only allow just one of them in. Not both.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:04 PM   #97
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I'm really surprised someone like Scarlet Witch isn't in, since she's part of the MCU and would be a brand new character to showcase. Same with Black Widow.
It's beyond stupid that they aren't in it or Storm. All of them are more known than Captain Marvel who I get they want to be their lead female but she isn't, not yet. As of right now I think Black Widow and Storm are marvels two most popular females and neither of them are on this initial roster for unknown and petty reasons. And as someone said earlier Scarlett Witch could basically be a good substitute for Jean especially the way the movies portray her.

Last edited by CB Fan; 06-29-2017 at 02:09 PM.
CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:15 PM   #98
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Honestly surprised Capcom and Marvel wouldn't want to get on the Deadpool train.
marvel has with their other games champions, future fight and he most definitely in the the console version of of soon to be launched MHO, for ps4 and Xbox one.

here ......

Old 06-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #99
zeptron
Side-Kick

People speculate that Scarlet Witch is also effected by the "No X-men" rule as well. Which I don't think is the case regardless of her connection to Magneto. Because for one thing, she's never even been in any of the X-men films while she's been in several MCU films. And will also be appearing in Infinity Wars and whatever the second part is gonna be called.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #100
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
People speculate that Scarlet Witch is also effected by the "No X-men" rule as well. Which I don't think is the case regardless of her connection to Magneto. Because for one thing, she's never even been in any of the X-men films while she's been in several MCU films. And will also be appearing in Infinity Wars and whatever the second part is gonna be called.
at the start of her creation she as linked to them(the x-men) but she's also linked to the avengers after that and they the did that none sense where they tried to retcon her being one (a mutant and more importantly worse not taking responsibility cause she cause house of to take place inthe first place. next to her brother and magneto ) ether way . she should be able to show up, she has a lore of her own whichis linked to both. but she has her own thing regardless. and don't do the no mutant's thang ether.

lol be side's marvel having to deal with the head ache of that, the fan's that are mad that do buy the game will just buy it to use her a repeated kick boxing bag , if that happens. it's be one controller a group people taking turn's on that controller just to do that.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-29-2017 at 02:31 PM.