The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 09-07-2017, 10:49 AM   #1
DeadStroke
Side-Kick

Default Netflix's potential oscar contender "Mudbound"

Quote:
Emmy powerhouse Netflix releases its Oscar contenders on the same day in both theaters and online. It took that approach two years ago with the critically acclaimed “Beasts of No Nation.” While the SAG Awards embraced this gritty look at child soldiers, it was spurned by academy voters. This year, the streaming service snagged a strong awards hopeful at Sundance, when it paid $12.5 million for distribution rights to Dee Rees‘s “Mudbound.”

The director, best known for “Pariah,” worked with Virgil Williams to adapt Hillary Jordan‘s acclaimed novel of the same name about a WWII vet (Jason Clarke) who moves with his wife (Carey Mulligan) to rural Mississippi. They befriend an African American vet (Jason Mitchell) and his wife (Mary J. Blige) who work as sharecroppers. Netflix plans to promote the picture in the fall with a slew of events geared to awards voters before it premieres on the streaming service.
http://www.goldderby.com/article/201...und-okja-news/

http://variety.com/2017/film/feature...rs-1202545540/

with a good heart
But it's hard--
for a good man--
to be a king.
DeadStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: Netflix's potential oscar contender "Mudbound"

Looks pretty good to me.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote