The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Old 04-22-2017, 06:46 AM   #476
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Default Re: Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Is Prison Break just like watching Captain Cold and Heatwave?

Old 04-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #477
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
not nearly as hammy/dumbed down, but they do play the same archetypes

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:41 AM   #478
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
here's the deal with prison break it's a lot like the fast and furious movie series . those alot of people would argue this . The difference is also wentworth character is genius and cars aren't heavyly involved .

but what they have in common are people that went to jail for something they may not have done, that joined together cause of that situation(minus T bag) and the fact that the protagnist's are doing things to save their family members .

I also said this in a comment's area some where else both fast 8 the movie and prison break are sorta feeding off each other cause of these themes they have in common beside the fact that their protagonists are bald . lol

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:32 AM   #479
kenderos

Maybe they will finally decide that if they are doing something as important as saving space/time they'd pick a team of actually smart people...Also it's impossible to watch over time as a whole so maybe they should consider forming time placed teams like recreating the new JSA or the Legion instead. This allows them to showcase new characters over a few episodes at a time and get more out of the cool changes in time. The aren't affecting time other then having people at the ready for if something goes down.

Legends: Rip, Atom, Curtis, FS, & Steel would be the main guys while other character go back to their times, take breaks for crossovers, and come and go due to plot. They are also genius's or historians/time relevant.

JSA: Stargirl, OGVixen, OGwildcat, OGSteel, & Jade
Future: Connor, Batman Beyond, Booster, Jamie Beetle
Demon Knights: Jason Blood, Xanadu, shining knight(joan of arc vers.), Exoristo, Bring back Savage as a villian or team member.
E2, Western, and so on. Tell me that's not must see tv.

The new show should be Birds of Prey with Sara, Revived BC, Huntress, HawkGirl, Felicity & Cassandra Cain BatGirl -There's no way they plan on using her in a movie.

Frees up a crowded Arrow and lets him go back to basics without a certain someone always bringing him down...

kenderos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:01 PM   #480
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Why does Jefferson refer to Dr. Stein as "Gray"? What's that about?

random notions: Orpheus, Gangbuster, Bloodwynd...

Legion of Supers: Wildfire, Dawnstar, Cosmic Boy, Triplicate Girl

I want some of the Milestone heroes to show up at some point.
Why not have Static, Icon, Rocket, Hardware, members of the Blood Syndicate, Xombi...

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #481
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
Why does Jefferson refer to Dr. Stein as "Gray"? What's that about?
Term of Endearment with a hint of razzing for the gray-haired dude.

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
carrrnuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:53 AM   #482
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Quote:
There's similarities to be sure; on both shows, Wentworth is the brains and Dominic is the muscle, and they still both have the shaved heads. On Prison Break though, Wentworth and Dominic are leading men, so they let guys like Peter Stormare and Robert Knepper chew the scenery while they play it straight. On Flash and Legends, because they're super-villains, they get to play things a lot more arch and over-the-top. Playing Snart, Miller stretches his vowels and enunciates a lot to sound more like a mustache-twirling crimeboss. As Rory, Purcell lowers his voice to a growl and comes off as more of a hulking brute.

May 5: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 June 2: Wonder Woman July 7: Spider-Man: Homecoming July 16: Game of Thrones Season 7 August 18: Defenders November 3:Thor: Ragnarok November 17: Justice League December 15: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
DawnWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:05 AM   #483
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnWarrior View Post
There's similarities to be sure; on both shows, Wentworth is the brains and Dominic is the muscle, and they still both have the shaved heads. On Prison Break though, Wentworth and Dominic are leading men, so they let guys like Peter Stormare and Robert Knepper chew the scenery while they play it straight. On Flash and Legends, because they're super-villains, they get to play things a lot more arch and over-the-top. Playing Snart, Miller stretches his vowels and enunciates a lot to sound more like a mustache-twirling crimeboss. As Rory, Purcell lowers his voice to a growl and comes off as more of a hulking brute.
So they don't talk like that on Prison Break or don't behave in quite the same way? Snart has a very affected way of speaking. Are you saying he's not like that in Prison Break? And does Purcell not come across as dense as he would make himself out to be on Legends?

Old 04-25-2017, 01:22 PM   #484
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Pretty much, yeah.

May 5: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 June 2: Wonder Woman July 7: Spider-Man: Homecoming July 16: Game of Thrones Season 7 August 18: Defenders November 3:Thor: Ragnarok November 17: Justice League December 15: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Old 04-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #485
KidFlash6969
Side-Kick

Can we get Ronnie Raymond back as the second half of firestorm? Or a whole new guy even, the actor who plays Jefferson is so so bad I can't be the only one who thinks so.. He's acting alongside the great Victor Garber for goodness sake they can't get anyone better?

KidFlash6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:46 PM   #486
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Apparently the actor who plays Kid Flash auditioned for Jefferson as well. Either way, whomever they picked, it wouldn't have been great.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:18 PM   #487
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

Quote:
Apparently the actor who plays Kid Flash auditioned for Jefferson as well. Either way, whomever they picked, it wouldn't have been great.
See, I feel like Jefferson has been really strong in S2 for the most part, and Kid Flash hasn't been terrible in S3 of Flash (not the greatest actor on the show by far, but certainly not bad). I really don't get why so many people are down on these two.

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #488
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Arrow View Post
See, I feel like Jefferson has been really strong in S2 for the most part, and Kid Flash hasn't been terrible in S3 of Flash (not the greatest actor on the show by far, but certainly not bad). I really don't get why so many people are down on these two.
Agreed, they're both pretty good. And saying Keiynan Lonsdale isn't the greatest actor on a show with Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, and Tom Cavaunagh is certainly no slight.

Questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Want to settle a debate? Looking for images? Visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki! The most accurate and comprehensive Marvel Movie and TV show wiki!
coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:07 PM   #489
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
So they don't talk like that on Prison Break or don't behave in quite the same way? Snart has a very affected way of speaking. Are you saying he's not like that in Prison Break? And does Purcell not come across as dense as he would make himself out to be on Legends?
one other thing I said there's atheme of family in prsion break.

this isn't just withtreating thepeople herunningwithbreaking outofpresion likefamly . Imean wentorthscharacter michle isthe biological brother of "dom" pecell's character in the same show andthewholereasonthiswent down just wenworth character justtryingctoclearhis brother name. this why I say there something's that sort feed off with fast and furous seris to some degree.

and the diffence's between them on prison break and role in the Dctv live action universe is in prsion break they weren't always in jail or Juvenal hall. most of the character's in prison break were framed to some degree. where captin cold and heat wave had bad luck growing up.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:13 PM   #490
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidFlash6969
Can we get Ronnie Raymond back as the second half of firestorm? Or a whole new guy even, the actor who plays Jefferson is so so bad I can't be the only one who thinks so.. He's acting alongside the great Victor Garber for goodness sake they can't get anyone better?
in the book's after ronnie was found alive he got new partner and was still fire storm only he's in the professor's role and there were other's that's became fire storms as well.

Ronnie Raymond
New Earth
A I G Q
1985 - 2011
Firestorm is a nuclear-powered super-hero with the ability to transmute elements. The Firestorm Matrix is a composite of multiple people bonded together, originally high school student Ronnie Raymond controlling the body and nuclear physicist Professor Martin Stein giving direction as an additional consciousness. Mikhail Arkadin became a later Firestorm, Stein took control at one point, and Lorraine Reilly was also part of the matrix for a period. Jason Rusch takes over the identity after the death of Raymond during Identity Crisis, and goes through several partners including Mick Wong and his girlfriend Gehenna. Blackest Night sees Raymond's resurrection, and he is now sharing the matrix with Rusch. Ronnie Raymond

Trivia

• Many of the supporting cast members from Firestorm's comic had alliterative names, such as: Clarissa Clemens, Cliff Carmichael, Doreen Day, Jefferson Jackson, Louise Lincoln, Ronnie Raymond, etc. This is similar to a permutation inherent in the Superman mythos where a large portion of his supporting cast have names with the intitials of double "L" (Lex Luthor, Lori Lemaris, Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Lucy Lane, etc.).

Last edited by zenith16; 04-26-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:42 AM   #491
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16;35137091
[URL="http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Lorraine_Reilly"
Lorraine Reilly[/URL][/B] was also part of the matrix for a period. [B]Trivia

[LIST]
[/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
Lorraine Reilly
New Earth
A I G Q
(other versions)

[/FONT][/COLOR]
Oh hey, Firehawk. Forgot all about her. The CW's been so good to the Firestorm supporting cast, I'm surprised she hasn't been featured by now.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:27 AM   #492
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnWarrior View Post
Oh hey, Firehawk. Forgot all about her. The CW's been so good to the Firestorm supporting cast, I'm surprised she hasn't been featured by now.
technically they might be saving her for later or maybe it has to do with him needing his own show fort hat..... or more to it they aren't mentally thinking about her at all yet. Who knows? It might be something in the works any if any of other fire storms come about they'll need name to them selves like she does it's one to number of flash's or fire storm but unique name goes along way. which why both night wing and arsenal chose the names they did

I really want wally to take on the name "the blurr" (and be founder in the titan's.) from now on since we know there 's bart (a wally west jr of sort's lol) and iris the second and her twin brother coming about at some point(hopefully the writers will allow the latter.) I was bit disappointed with the whole conner hawk thing. I'd have liked oliver to have bi racial kids. Then that show just went place's I just couldn't stick around for it any more.

Oh well.

Last edited by zenith16; 04-27-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:35 AM   #493
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Wally could be the Red-Blue Blur.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 AM   #494
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wally could be the Red-Blue Blur.
or the blue ( black's taken ) one lol he should try for more uniqueness. where there is the colour Gun metal black & blue. but I always saw as one of the colours in the live action x-men costumes . But it might work

Last edited by zenith16; 04-27-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #495
Derrick
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenderos View Post
Legends: Rip, Atom, Curtis, FS, & Steel would be the main guys while other character go back to their times, take breaks for crossovers, and come and go due to plot. They are also genius's or historians/time relevant.
How could you forget the White Canary/Sara Lance? She's Captain of the WaveRider now (which I like). :P And who is Curtis?

I think what we need is some type of Legends of Tomorrow story pack for Lego Dimensions...that way we each can make our own personal WaveRider crew. LOL.

Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #496
TheRedWraith
DCEU Fan

I really wish they had kept their ability to fuse with anyone that they had in the comics, they we could get cool combos like Heatwave being Firestorm or Ray being Firestorm.

Also why haven't they enhanced the capabilities of members with technology yet? At the very least Sara could get an electrostaff or upgraded things like Ray's suit so it can be less bulky, advance heatwave's flamethrower so that it can be smaller and carried more places insconspiciously, also giving out some future guns like Rip had (only better looking hopefully) to some of the members without powers or on missions where they might not have ready access to their powers would also be wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.
TheRedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote