The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #301
marvelrobbins
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 18,283
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Some are kidding themselves John Williams will not be scoring Star wars episode VII.J.J. Abrams will be using his composer.Now maybe the main Star Wars theme will be used.But,that It.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #302
Jedi-Spirit
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 222
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Let's bet...

Jedi-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #303
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 35,235
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

If Williams wants to come back I have no doubt Abrams will bring him on in some capacity, but he will collaborate with Giacchino. Gia knows Abrams process and what he wants. This will free up Abrams from having to bring Williams up to speed on all that. Williams has collaborated with composers before so it wont be anything new. Really the only thing of his we need is the force theme and the main theme and possibly new variations. Both of which Gia can score if Williams gives him the notes. Williams doesnt actually have to score. He did something similar to this on Chamber of Secrets.


Last edited by Marvolo; 02-19-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #304
Jedi-Spirit
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 222
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Williams was composing when Gia, was still staining diapers yellow...he sure don't need to be brought up to speed....lol

Jedi-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #305
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 35,235
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi-Spirit View Post
Williams was composing when Gia, was still staining diapers yellow...he sure don't need to be brought up to speed....lol
I didnt say hold his hand but one director's method isnt like anothers. Abrams is not Lucas. It would be their first time working together and they would have to learn each others process. Its quicker to have a go between guy. Williams is still a busy man with various projects coming his way. At his age do you really think he is going to tie up the next three+ years on various star wars films? I dont see it happening. He will at most collaborate with Gia freeing him up to branch out and do other stuff but maintain a relationship with star wars.

__________________
"When the snows fall, when the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 02-19-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #306
Solidus
Knights of Ren
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: First Order
Posts: 21,806
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

I agree I think collaboration will be good. I mean again the last few JW scores for me, especially blockbuster ones have been....good, but not as great as he use to be. Even with the PT it was a step down from the OT's score. Still great but just not at the same level he use to be.

I figure it would be the best way to pass the torch, because I will bet money he would not go past Episode VII, which by the time they scored VIII he would be 87 years old. If he wants to do it himself fine, but I'm sure in some since Michael will be there. We could use some fresh blood mixed in there.

__________________
"If Skywalker returns...the new Jedi will rise."-Supreme Leader Snoke

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #307
Bim
Side-Kick
 
Bim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,472
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Even with the PT it was a step down from the OT's score.
Sorry, but i totaly disagree with you on that. I thought he tied up both trilogies beautifully and for me there's not a step down in terms of quality. I cant honestly tell you which score i love most, because each movie has its own gems.

__________________
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.” Goethe

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #308
Solidus
Knights of Ren
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: First Order
Posts: 21,806
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Sorry, but i totaly disagree with you on that. I thought he tied up both trilogies beautifully and for me there's not a step down in terms of quality. I cant honestly tell you which score i love most, because each movie has its own gems.
Well I disagree. And honestly go ask any one on the street to hum Vader's theme (Imperial March), or the Star Wars theme, or the binary sunset theme, or the Force theme. Leia's theme. They for a reason are something that are in the subconscious of most people in society whether they know it or not if they hear it, it usual has recognition. Duel of the fates is the one that I'd say is more recognizable. Imperial March is still played at lots of sports events ect.

To me I think that the best thing from the PT was the scores they were great. But I think Williams best work hands down was

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. Star Wars
4. E.T.
5. Jaws

And the thing is, all those movies have themes that everyone remembers still to this day, and can hum ect. I think that JW's early scores were his greatest works. And I own almost all of his soundtracks so I must love them in some sense, but in terms of such memorable themes...those five are hard to beat.

Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes were great, and there was some great music in the PT I don't disagree with that. However I think most of John's work is somewhat in the shadows of those soundtracks I mentioned above. Just such memorable themes and something most can hum ect.

__________________
"If Skywalker returns...the new Jedi will rise."-Supreme Leader Snoke

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #309
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 46,423
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

I think it's just the fact that Williams has done everything and has a rich filmography that his scores now are still good but aren't iconic. But where do you go after 30-40 years of awesomeness?

Plus he's an older man; 81 to be correct. And while he's still fairly youthful considering his age, I see him as the old prizefighter.

That being said, I think if Williams does come back, he'll do a good job but I don't know if it'll be memorable.

Personally the last 'hummable' and iconic theme he has done was Harry Potter.

Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #310
Solidus
Knights of Ren
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: First Order
Posts: 21,806
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I think it's just the fact that Williams has done everything and has a rich filmography that his scores now are still good but aren't iconic. But where do you go after 30-40 years of awesomeness?

Plus he's an older man; 81 to be correct. And while he's still fairly youthful considering his age, I see him as the old prizefighter.

That being said, I think if Williams does come back, he'll do a good job but I don't know if it'll be memorable.

Personally the last 'hummable' and iconic theme he has done was Harry Potter.
Again 100% agreed with everything said. That's why I think working with Michael we may get great new ideas to bring some hummable tunes back.

__________________
"If Skywalker returns...the new Jedi will rise."-Supreme Leader Snoke

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #311
C_Copperpot
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 48
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Again 100% agreed with everything said. That's why I think working with Michael we may get great new ideas to bring some hummable tunes back.
The prequel trilogy was less hummable, but not less emotional. Take Anakins theme for example. The only reason it's less hummable is because of how developed it is. However, it is an amazing piece and one of his best melodies. There were some awesome orchestral moments in every prequel film and I agree with Bim that it was not a step down in quality. I think the prequels were actually craftier and as orchestral music superior. However, I think thematically the Original trilogy was much more memorable.

I personally don't think Giacchino writes very hummable melodies. He has maybe 1-2 from his who career. The first one I noticed was Up. It was nice and memorable. Star Trek was not a memorable theme and if you ask people who claim they love that score 9 out of 10 can't recall the theme. He majorly overused that main theme in the score too. I can't remember anything from John Carter, Super 8 or any of his other current projects. Incredibles was fun, but basically a James Bond style sound alike. I just don't think he'll inject the thematic approach back into Star Wars. If that's the real issue people have with williams then they should look to other composers than Giacchino to bring that old style back. The best option is just to tell Williams to write more thematically.

C_Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #312
Bim
Side-Kick
 
Bim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,472
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Well I disagree.
I can live with that

__________________
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.” Goethe

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #313
Solidus
Knights of Ren
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: First Order
Posts: 21,806
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Copperpot View Post
The prequel trilogy was less hummable, but not less emotional. Take Anakins theme for example. The only reason it's less hummable is because of how developed it is. However, it is an amazing piece and one of his best melodies. There were some awesome orchestral moments in every prequel film and I agree with Bim that it was not a step down in quality. I think the prequels were actually craftier and as orchestral music superior. However, I think thematically the Original trilogy was much more memorable.

I personally don't think Giacchino writes very hummable melodies. He has maybe 1-2 from his who career. The first one I noticed was Up. It was nice and memorable. Star Trek was not a memorable theme and if you ask people who claim they love that score 9 out of 10 can't recall the theme. He majorly overused that main theme in the score too. I can't remember anything from John Carter, Super 8 or any of his other current projects. Incredibles was fun, but basically a James Bond style sound alike. I just don't think he'll inject the thematic approach back into Star Wars. If that's the real issue people have with williams then they should look to other composers than Giacchino to bring that old style back. The best option is just to tell Williams to write more thematically.
I disagree with a lot of that. But we won't convnice eachother otherwise. To me Williams has not had many memorable themes either so it's just kind of a draw. And sometimes the memorable aspect comes from movies that are memorable themselves.

And to me you are just going to have to face facts.....John is not immortal, and new blood will have to take over. And I think Michael (as a majority do ) think he's the man for the job. He tries to distance himself from John but the spirit of John is in him with out a doubt to me. It's just now that he can blatantly be like John because it's Star Wars I think many will see a whole new side of him. But I'm sure he will be involved or do most of it, especially with Episode VIII and IX. John is getting old, and I think for a man who has made so many master pieces it's not a shame. But his creativity is leaving him somewhat. And the older he gets the less likely he's going to increase his creativity. It could but to me it seems less likely. A collaboration would I think bring more to the table then you realize.

__________________
"If Skywalker returns...the new Jedi will rise."-Supreme Leader Snoke

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #314
Solidus
Knights of Ren
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: First Order
Posts: 21,806
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I can live with that
Okay lol. But ya I made great points. But if you want to water it down to that, it's fine. I guess that was the gist of it lol

__________________
"If Skywalker returns...the new Jedi will rise."-Supreme Leader Snoke

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)

Last edited by Solidus; 02-19-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #315
C_Copperpot
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 48
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
I disagree with a lot of that. But we won't convnice eachother otherwise. To me Williams has not had many memorable themes either so it's just kind of a draw. And sometimes the memorable aspect comes from movies that are memorable themselves.

And to me you are just going to have to face facts.....John is not immortal, and new blood will have to take over. And I think Michael (as a majority do ) think he's the man for the job. He tries to distance himself from John but the spirit of John is in him with out a doubt to me. It's just now that he can blatantly be like John because it's Star Wars I think many will see a whole new side of him. But I'm sure he will be involved or do most of it, especially with Episode VIII and IX. John is getting old, and I think for a man who has made so many master pieces it's not a shame. But his creativity is leaving him somewhat. And the older he gets the less likely he's going to increase his creativity. It could but to me it seems less likely. A collaboration would I think bring more to the table then you realize.
I agree that we probably won't convince each other. As I stated earlier when discussing this music is subjective and there is no real wrong or right. I do however think if you took a poll as to how many people think Williams writes memorable themes it would come up heavily in his favor. Were you saying he has never had memorable themes or just in the prequels?

I am facing the fact that John Williams may not do this much longer, but he wants to score 7 so he should. I disagree that Giacchino is the best for the job after Williams. I think there are at least 10 other established composers who would be better to take over star wars. I listed some of them on an earlier page. I don't think you are right about it being a majority of people feeling like Gia is the perfect fit. On this forum maybe, but not in general. I think he is a good composer, but not right for star wars. His writing style is much different in every way from Williams and there are many composers who could better keep similar to the orchestral depth of John Williams. Just my opinion, but one shared by many people as well.

C_Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #316
Solidus
Knights of Ren
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: First Order
Posts: 21,806
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Copperpot View Post
I agree that we probably won't convince each other. As I stated earlier when discussing this music is subjective and there is no real wrong or right. I do however think if you took a poll as to how many people think Williams writes memorable themes it would come up heavily in his favor. Were you saying he has never had memorable themes or just in the prequels?

I am facing the fact that John Williams may not do this much longer, but he wants to score 7 so he should. I disagree that Giacchino is the best for the job after Williams. I think there are at least 10 other established composers who would be better to take over star wars. I listed some of them on an earlier page. I don't think you are right about it being a majority of people feeling like Gia is the perfect fit. On this forum maybe, but not in general. I think he is a good composer, but not right for star wars. His writing style is much different in every way from Williams and there are many composers who could better keep similar to the orchestral depth of John Williams. Just my opinion, but one shared by many people as well.
There was a few things in the PT but not a lot. However on these forums yes he was a majority vote as well as TFN a lot mentioned him. Now to be honest there are not many people like us, that really pay attention to film scores ect, a lot of us do post on the internet because the GA and even general fans don't care that much especially for discussion in the depth we talk. Most people on the forums I visit there was an overwhelming want for Michael way before JJ even was announced. So can we ever be sure? Nah. But a lot do want him. You may not, but until he does a Star Wars score we will not be able to judge. Because if its not John it's going to be Michael and I just think we have to accept that. We shall see soon I'm sure.

__________________
"If Skywalker returns...the new Jedi will rise."-Supreme Leader Snoke

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #317
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Well I disagree. And honestly go ask any one on the street to hum Vader's theme (Imperial March), or the Star Wars theme, or the binary sunset theme, or the Force theme. Leia's theme. They for a reason are something that are in the subconscious of most people in society whether they know it or not if they hear it, it usual has recognition. Duel of the fates is the one that I'd say is more recognizable. Imperial March is still played at lots of sports events ect.

To me I think that the best thing from the PT was the scores they were great. But I think Williams best work hands down was

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. Star Wars
4. E.T.
5. Jaws

And the thing is, all those movies have themes that everyone remembers still to this day, and can hum ect. I think that JW's early scores were his greatest works. And I own almost all of his soundtracks so I must love them in some sense, but in terms of such memorable themes...those five are hard to beat.

Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes were great, and there was some great music in the PT I don't disagree with that. However I think most of John's work is somewhat in the shadows of those soundtracks I mentioned above. Just such memorable themes and something most can hum ect.
Amen to all that. And I'd put Superman up there too.

The people saying that only Abrams will work with Abrams composer because Williams only knows Lucas when it comes to Star Wars....that's ridiculous. One, it's entirely ridiculous to even suggest that he couldn't score it because Abrams is doing it, and two, the greatest SW film ever made (Empire), and Return of the Jedi, neither were directed by Lucas, both (re: all) were scored by Williams. So I don't think Williams will have any trouble whatsoever churning out a quality awesome kickass soundtrack for a Star Wars film that is not directed by Lucas.

And I hope to God he comes back. Because Michael Giacchino, great as he is (and I loved Incredibles and Star Trek), is no John Williams and is not Star Wars. Sorry, but SW is John Williams. And only Williams. John Williams is 20 time better than any modern composer, and 15 times better than Danny Elfman. He needs to come back. The Williamsman has to come back.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #318
C_Copperpot
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 48
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
There was a few things in the PT but not a lot. However on these forums yes he was a majority vote as well as TFN a lot mentioned him. Now to be honest there are not many people like us, that really pay attention to film scores ect, a lot of us do post on the internet because the GA and even general fans don't care that much especially for discussion in the depth we talk. Most people on the forums I visit there was an overwhelming want for Michael way before JJ even was announced. So can we ever be sure? Nah. But a lot do want him. You may not, but until he does a Star Wars score we will not be able to judge. Because if its not John it's going to be Michael and I just think we have to accept that. We shall see soon I'm sure.
Yeah, we are probably in the minority for people who actually care. On here and TFN people are talking about it quite a bit. Also on a variety of film scoring sites there seems to be quite the debate. Hopefully we'll find out sooner than later so that we don't need to debate this for the next 2 years!

C_Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #319
Solidus
Knights of Ren
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: First Order
Posts: 21,806
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Amen to all that. And I'd put Superman up there too.

The people saying that only Abrams will work with Abrams composer because Williams only knows Lucas when it comes to Star Wars....that's ridiculous. One, it's entirely ridiculous to even suggest that he couldn't score it because Abrams is doing it, and two, the greatest SW film ever made (Empire), and Return of the Jedi, neither were directed by Lucas, both (re: all) were scored by Williams. So I don't think Williams will have any trouble whatsoever churning out a quality awesome kickass soundtrack for a Star Wars film that is not directed by Lucas.

And I hope to God he comes back. Because Michael Giacchino, great as he is (and I loved Incredibles and Star Trek), is no John Williams and is not Star Wars. Sorry, but SW is John Williams. And only Williams. John Williams is 20 time better than any modern composer, and 15 times better than Danny Elfman. He needs to come back. The Williamsman has to come back.
Ya he may be able to do one but that's it. Again reality. He's 81 now, he will be 87 by the time they start scoring Episode VIII, I live in a more grounded view with that. And I agree John is one of the best but I think Michael has the chops to become one of the best too. John did not just start out the best, he worked his way up and broke through years later. Michael is already on a high road and I could see him doing well.

__________________
"If Skywalker returns...the new Jedi will rise."-Supreme Leader Snoke

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #320
Solidus
Knights of Ren
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: First Order
Posts: 21,806
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Copperpot View Post
Yeah, we are probably in the minority for people who actually care. On here and TFN people are talking about it quite a bit. Also on a variety of film scoring sites there seems to be quite the debate. Hopefully we'll find out sooner than later so that we don't need to debate this for the next 2 years!
Possibly this summer we will hear more confirmation.

__________________
"If Skywalker returns...the new Jedi will rise."-Supreme Leader Snoke

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #321
jmc
away for a while
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Down Under
Posts: 30,317
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

I say bring in some fresh blood. The series needs to be for this generation and I think a fresh musical styling is required.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #322
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,630
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Star Wars is for all generations.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #323
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,241
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

I say if John Williams wants to do Episode VII, nobody in their right mind will deny him that chance.

Besides, he could potentially just do Episode VII and then pass the baton. Similar to how started off the Harry Potter franchise before moving on.

BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #324
Brother Jack
Believer
 
Brother Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2300 A.D.
Posts: 8,663
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I say if John Williams wants to do Episode VII, nobody in their right mind will deny him that chance.

Besides, he could potentially just do Episode VII and then pass the baton. Similar to how started off the Harry Potter franchise before moving on.
Bingo.

__________________
Life was such a wheel that no
man could stand upon it for long.
And it always, at the end, came
round to the same place again.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #325
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 21,479
Default Re: Episode VII Music Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
And I hope to God he comes back. Because Michael Giacchino, great as he is (and I loved Incredibles and Star Trek), is no John Williams and is not Star Wars. Sorry, but SW is John Williams. And only Williams. John Williams is 20 time better than any modern composer, and 15 times better than Danny Elfman. He needs to come back. The Williamsman has to come back.
Just don't come here posting the same thing over and over if/when it's announced that it won't be Williams.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.