The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 07-05-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default The 'Add a Scene to X-Men 3' Game

I thought of this moments ago, so maybe it's of no interest to anyone else, but bear with me.

I've long wondered if The Last Stand would have been better if it was simply longer and took more time to flesh out the story. To prove this theory, I thought maybe it could be fun to pitch additional scenes that you feel could have improved the film. You're doing reshoots baby!

Okay so here are the rules:

1.) It has to fit into the film as we know it, although you can alter/replace scenes if need be.

2.) You must describe where in the film the new scene will land.

3.) Please explain your reasoning. I'm very curious.

I look forward to hearing suggestions, or discovering that this is only fun to me.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default Re: The 'Add a Scene to X-Men 3' Game

Naturally I've been thinking about this a lot. I have 2 scenes I thought of that could have developed Rogue's story:

- Rogue leaves the mansion to seek out the cure (after speaking to Wolverine). An added scene shows her walking out toward the gates where she is approached by Angel. He is anxious and looking for a safe place to stay, she assures him that he is safe where he is. As she walks him to the doors, he observes that she was leaving. They talk about the cure and how being mutants has affected their lives. Angel shows Rogue his wings. She tells him they're beautiful, then remembers his famous refusal of the cure. She asks if he'd judge her for taking it, he says no, and that she'll know in her heart what to do, and only she can.

- As Rogue is in the queue at the cure facility, she catches a glimpse of a fight in a nearby alley. Two guys are beating on another, smaller guy, and Rogue intervenes. Little action scene. The attackers are mutants, she utilises her power to undermine theirs and they flee. She reaches out to help the victim up, but he is disgusted and rejects her. He's wearing a shirt with an anti-mutant slogan on it.

I'd totally use the deleted scene where she has refused the cure also.