The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 11-29-2017, 12:12 PM   #276
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

Default Re: Marvel Heroes Omega

I wish I could get refunds for the hundreds I spent on the PC version. What a waste.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:32 PM   #277
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens

A true shame this can't be offline, from what I played it was really enjoyable. Closest thing to a another Marvel Ultimate Alliance game we may ever get.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #278
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator

really bummed to see it's gone. is anything in the works for something similar and/or better?

RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #279
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
A true shame this can't be offline, from what I played it was really enjoyable. Closest thing to a another Marvel Ultimate Alliance game we may ever get.
Yeah. And I don't know why this game can't work offline just without any buddies to play with. Would still have been enjoyable, and pretty much doable.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #280
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I wish I could get refunds for the hundreds I spent on the PC version. What a waste.
Oh that sucks. How long did you play for?

Old 12-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #281
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
really bummed to see it's gone. is anything in the works for something similar and/or better?
Not really. The closest would probably be Future Fight for mobile but that pales in comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah. And I don't know why this game can't work offline just without any buddies to play with. Would still have been enjoyable, and pretty much doable.
Bc the A.I. and events were stored server side. You download the assets but the functionality to populate it with stuff to do was held on Gazilion's end. And offline mode would entail enemies that dont move/spawn and no recurring events. Basically it would be an open sandbox where you can just move around. Its probably why an offline mod likely wont happen

Last edited by Havok83; 12-01-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:25 PM   #282
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Bc the A.I. and events were stored server side. You download the assets but the functionality to populate it with stuff to do was held on Gazilion's end. And offline mode would entail enemies that down move/spawn and no recurring events. Basically it would be an open sandbox where you can just move around. Its probably why an offline mod likely wont happen
Oh yeah I didn't mean it like that I realise that it's too late in the case of this game.

I'd generally rather where devs create online multiplayer games (and I get that's it a bit of a different story for MMOs) arrangements are made so that they can shut their servers when the game is no longer profitable or when they choose to move on but let people who want to carry on playing do so with their own resources. Many internet games from a decade ago that allow players to host games are still going strong today and playing something with occasional lag (depending on who is hosting) is better than not being able to play at all. Yes servers are infinitely preferable when the game is going strong but rather than it coming to an abrupt end people who aren't quite finished can still get what they want out of it before moving on.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:28 PM   #283
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Oh that sucks. How long did you play for?
I have about two years on the game. I played it a lot. A LOT. This game was my go-to podcast/watching TV game. I'd boot it up and play mindlessly while listening to or watching something else.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #284
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I have about two years on the game. I played it a lot. A LOT. This game was my go-to podcast/watching TV game. I'd boot it up and play mindlessly while listening to or watching something else.
yeah I wish I could still look up my stats but I played this game more than any other in my life. In some ways its a blessing in disguise that its no longer around bc it made me ignore alot of other games since I heavily got into it about 2-3 years ago

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:25 PM   #285
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Sorry to hear but at least you had some good times.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #286
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
there nothing planned at at all and no marvel future fight and marvel strike force just newer version's of the face book game "marvel avengers allince" Espcially the latter since it's refer to us the player as the shield agent called the commander that nick furry jr hired us to lead the heroes in that game.

Now when we're talking about marvel future fight, that’s so very not the same. That’s a single player game that also has an arena you can fight bots of other players in. It’s very on rails, it doesn’t have big open areas. It has an autoplay button so half the people don’t even play it but watch it (your choice, but lots of people use it). It only has a few powers to use. It’s a lockbox draw to get heroes game.Marvel heroes was so very different than that in almost every way except for that they both use Marvel characters. That’s not a good place for refugees. That may be fun for people to play on mobile here and there, I’m not saying it wouldn’t be, but it’s not close to the Marvel Heroes MMORPG at all in anything but the property it’s based on.

There is no online game equivalent. There are other ARPG's Yeah, you can Also find and play Diablo like games, but they all have a medieval fantasy feel and most aren’t MMORPGs where you actually see other people running around the levels (you see them in hubs only and can team up, but it’s not the same).
I don’t see any replacement coming either. There are superhero games coming, but I don’t believe any of them have that Diablo-esque view and play, and certanly none of them are in the Marvel universe.
I’d like to see a replacement game made that is sort of like this one, much bigger in scope and size, but one that lets us make and design our own superhero in that universe.marvel heroes had plans (before mr. Brevik left) for that as well but now it'll never happen .

Last edited by zenith16; 12-01-2017 at 11:12 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:22 PM   #287
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok I got two thing for to day

one from formerdev's andrew Hair that was consider the thor of the studio And DID Alot of charity streams, before he and the others got screwed over by the CEo aND SHARE HOLDERS AT GAZ. He's talking about ps4 owner getting refund as well . I retweeted from my ow twitter when ?I saw it .
Quote:

Quote:

You Retweeted:>>

Andrew Hair?
@andrewhair
2h2 hours agoMore

FYI PS4 @MarvelHeroes players. Good on @PlayStation

and an article from massively

The Daily Grind: Did Marvel Heroes just get the worst-managed MMORPG sunset of all time?

Dcember 1, 2017 72 comments

If you happened to catch the Massively OP Podcast this week, you heard my positively livid rant about the whole Marvel Heroes situation. Now, I have been doing this a long time, and I’ve weathered a lot of extremely painful sunsets of beloved games. But I’ve never, ever seen one handled as abysmally as the Marvel Heroes sunset.

Gazillion, Marvel, and Disney completely and utterly dropped the ball on telling players about the stepped-up sunset, to the point that many players had no idea what was going on. Nobody sent so much as an email or tweet or forum post to the players. The only company granting refunds? Microsoft, eating costs it shouldn’t have to eat. The only ones who did anything were laid-off rank-and-file devs who felt a duty to warn the public.

In fact, the only thing that comes close is Firefall, and that sunset came after a year of that weird thing with the Chinese cashmere company. It was bad, but it was understandable because it was basically a clownshow from the day Red 5 got bought out. This? There’s no excuse for a company as huge and wealthy as Disney/Marvel to screw over players in this way when either could have easily floated Gazillion and the game to the end of the year as promised. Or at least sent them a damn email of apology, knowing the banks were yoinking the servers on Monday. Nothing. We got nothing.Read more

source: Massivelyop.com/

Old 12-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #288
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter

I downloaded this briefly less than a month ago. Got one single tropohy, then I thought "I'll return to this later once I've played through some other games". lol

The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #289
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I downloaded this briefly less than a month ago. Got one single tropohy, then I thought "I'll return to this later once I've played through some other games". lol
I only got through 2 chapters of the story mode.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:21 AM   #290
First Avenger
Side-Kick

So I'm tempted to buy MUA 1-2 on PS4. How do they perform on it?

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:23 AM   #291
zenith16
Side-Kick

Two former Gazillion employees claim they’re each owed $5,000 in unpaid benefits

8 hours agoComments 5

Update, December 5: Anonymous former employees have revealed some detail on Gazillion's final days in a new report.
Marvel Heroes unceremoniously...Read more

source: PCGN

Old 12-08-2017, 02:51 AM   #292
zenith16
Side-Kick

MMO Week in Review: Mourning Marvel Heroes (December 3, 2017)

December3,2017 7 comments

Were you too busy gaming this week to pay attention to MMO news? Get caught up every Sunday evening with Massively Overpowered’s Week in Review!
Where do we start with a week like last week?

Was it the way Marvel Heroes disappeared without a sound from its owners? Guild Wars 2’s pricey new mount and new living story season? Raph Koster and Mark Jacobs weighing on on the business of the genre? Or Star Citizen’s new way of making money by selling off space plots?

I say all of those and more. It’s not gonna be a quiet December, folks. Read on for the very best of this week’s MMO news and opinions.Read more

Also with

Three Lessons I Learned From the Gazillion Shutdown

Posted Dec 07, 2017| Columns | 22 Comments

As I've been playing games for decades, the red flags of what Gazillion did were stark, and often. As we currently live in an unprecedented era of gaming, and by unprecedented I mean an era of gaming where monetization is affluent, in many cases, when the game is not only unfinished, but these days monetization happens with nary more than an idea or grasp of a game is apparent, I still believed that brand integrity meant something. Oh, how wrong I turned out to be.Read more

source: Massivelyop.com/& MMORPG.com

Last edited by zenith16; 12-08-2017 at 04:09 AM.