The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Old 11-24-2017, 01:07 PM   #976
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampa1 View Post
I don't understand how the kid is like, 14 years old.
It makes sense. William was born before the island, and the island was 11 years ago at this point. Therefore, we can extrapolate that William's birth was 3 years before Oliver went to the island, which doesn't seem inconceivable given his apparent immaturity in the flashback in S2 when he told Moira about Samantha's pregnancy.

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:36 PM   #977
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPBAGS View Post
Does anyone wish they didn't add Oliver's son? I understand the drama it creates for the show...I just don't like it. I assume eventually the kid will want Oliver to don the costume again..since they can't kill him off.
Well. if they get bored with it, they can send him to boarding school in Central City or something. He doesn't have to stay forever.

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #978
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

I'm not a fan of the kid, mostly because I'm not a fan of the "But why must you risk your life saving the city!" argument. Bluntly, Ollie should take the kid aside and give him a little talk. "William, you are my son. I love you, you are incredibly important in my life. But my responsibility to you is not my only responsibility. I also have a responsibility to make sure other son's don't lose their fathers. I know you might not understand now, but. . . I hope one day you come to understand that I am trying to be the kind of man who is worthy of being your father."

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:14 PM   #979
kguillou
Side-Kick

I'm catching up with the show before the big crossover and I'm on episode 4 and I gotta say, I think the show is has found a comfortable groove of quality its settled in. One huge improvement are the fight scenes. I've been paying attention to the quality and while its still no Daredevil, I've noticed they do a lot more one take fight scenes now which is really impressive, although I imagine they're probably a b**** to film but hey kudos to them. I wish they would improve on the actual sound design of the punches and kicks as that adds a lot of impact to fight scenes but thats a small nitpick.

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE 2) John Wick 2 9/10 3) Logan 8.5/10 4) BladeRunner 2049 9/10 5) Wonder Woman 8/10 6) ALIEN: Covenant 7.5/10 7) WAR Of The Planet of The Apes 8.5/10 8) Ghost in The Shell 6/10 9) Kingsman: Golden Circle 9/10 10) Atomic Blonde 7/10
kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #980
Daltonio
Avi Arad's Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Arrow View Post
People who are saying it isn't as bad are correct. It's nowhere near the toxic levels of S4, or the angsty, whiny levels of S3. It actually is being handled as a mature, fairly realistic relationship so far and it's also not been a major focus like it was in those seasons, so I would recommend you watch. If their brief scenes together in the S5 finale didn't bother you, this season probably won't.
Well... their scenes in the S5 finale did bother me actually, there was just enough other good stuff in there that I could ignore it. It's hard to imagine just how much I hate Felicity and that relationship, lol. From what I've been hearing, there isn't quite as much to keep me watching in Season 6. The only characters I really care about anymore would be Thea, Black Siren, and Slade, and from what I've heard, none of them have been given much to do anyways.

Either way, I'm definitely not watching after that crossover so I guess it's all moot. The Arrow subreddit turned into a Punisher one now. XD

Old 11-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #981
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

'Supergirl,' 'The Flash' Showrunner Fired Following Sexual Harassment Claims

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:03 PM   #982
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Stephen Amell Is the Reason Arrow Finally Got to Name Drop Batman This Season

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 11-30-2017, 09:16 PM   #983
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak Are Earth's Worst Wedding Guests

"

Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 PM   #984
dmcreif
Side-Kick

That's gotten so much backlash they've turned the r/arrow sub-reddit into a Punisher forum for the time-being. You know, they turned it into a Daredevil forum after season 4 of Arrow. For obvious reasons.

dmcreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:12 PM   #985
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcreif View Post
That's gotten so much backlash they've turned the r/arrow sub-reddit into a Punisher forum for the time-being. You know, they turned it into a Daredevil forum after season 4 of Arrow. For obvious reasons.
Wait, so some fans were so angry that decided not to even talk about Arrow?

"

Old 12-01-2017, 03:09 AM   #986
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcreif View Post
What happens if you try to talk about Arrow? Do you get banned?

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:59 AM   #987
Zant
Side-Kick

So they have managed to make Felicity even more unlikable? How is that possible?

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:24 AM   #988
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
What happens if you try to talk about Arrow? Do you get banned?
No, you can still talk Arrow.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:51 AM   #989
herolee10
No More Miracles

Honestly, I'm pretty much done with the entire Arrowverse at this point.

I had been waiting on the sidelines to see if "The Flash" would improve but it's quality has been consistently going down as a result of their #WearetheFlash & #Feminist concepts as they've made it into more of the "Iris West Show".

And honestly I have no desire to watch "Arrow" more either because Felicity's actions in the recent crossover was the breaking point for me. I truly despise her character and find her completely irredeemable. The words that I would choose to describe her would only end up getting me banned from here.

Honestly, I was starting to have some hope for Felicity again after Season 5 but no longer. I won't support a show that continues to portray such a despicable character as someone worthwhile.

Between the constant pandering to tumblr ships to the several political agendas being pushed on almost every show where the actual intent of the message is lost in the horrid execution, this universe is completely hopeless in my eyes.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #990
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Yeah, I don't really plan on watching Arrow anymore!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:40 PM   #991
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Lol, I don't plan on watching Arrow any less. It's my least favorite of the four, but I'm a liberal so I like the political jabs at trump and I think Felicity is cute. Yeah, that was a jerk move at Iris's wedding,
but sometimes Felicity is a bit of an airhead and just got caught up in the moment without thinking about it enough.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #992
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

So Superboy Prime punched a hole into reality again and merged the multiverses for a moment. Either that or Stephen Amell had a photo moment with Justin Hartley.

On an unrelated note, Supergirl had a Smallville nod a few weeks ago with the mention that Clark has a friend named Chloe who has a wall of weird.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #993
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Late on the uptake.

Only 3 parts of the way so far, but damn...did Guggenheim manage to take over full control this crossover?

Usually with every crossover they've had so far, somehow Arrow ends up with the best episodes. Not this time and not especially with that plotline.
I doubt Olicity was barely a thing this season, so wtf.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:14 AM   #994
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, I'm pretty much done with the entire Arrowverse at this point.

I had been waiting on the sidelines to see if "The Flash" would improve but it's quality has been consistently going down as a result of their #WearetheFlash & #Feminist concepts as they've made it into more of the "Iris West Show".

And honestly I have no desire to watch "Arrow" more either because Felicity's actions in the recent crossover was the breaking point for me. I truly despise her character and find her completely irredeemable. The words that I would choose to describe her would only end up getting me banned from here.

Honestly, I was starting to have some hope for Felicity again after Season 5 but no longer. I won't support a show that continues to portray such a despicable character as someone worthwhile.

Between the constant pandering to tumblr ships to the several political agendas being pushed on almost every show where the actual intent of the message is lost in the horrid execution, this universe is completely hopeless in my eyes.
I doubt Berlanti is going to touch Arrow again but Flash still has a chance even with the damage being done with V-iris being shoehorned everywhere.

I've let my anger go with Arrow. It's taken a beating over the years and I figure since next season will more than likely be its last, I've allowed myself not to feel bitter. I've actually started to enjoy it again.

What's being pandered to is politics. For Felicity it was sexism for Iris it's racism. I doubt much will happen anymore with Arrow now that Olicity is endgame. Flash may see the sun if not this season but the next. I reckon Flash will go to 10 seasons if they allow it to. Think Arrow is done though.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote