The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #176
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
So the framework is back as future-heroin?? That is fairly surprising

And was anyone else thinking/hoping the cataclysmic event would be Thanos?

But no, just stupid Daisy being the center of the universe again.

99% of the episode(s) I was stoked, but the last 5 minutes killed my hype faster than those two poor schmucks getting eaten by space bugs
We still don't know what the root cause was, but honestly, I am not surprised it was not Thanos. IW is many months away, and the AoS were never going to take on Thanos. If it had been Thanos, we know a TV team cannot beat him, therefore they would have been chasing someone that we would never see. That is a poor conclusion. The answer had to be something/someone new or an existing TV character based threat. It makes more sense to follow the AoS on their goal of saving the future if we have a threat they can tangibly face. From a narrative point of view, this makes more sense. Further, we all know Daisy didn't do it an there is more to what happened.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:05 PM   #177
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
We still don't know what the root cause was, but honestly, I am not surprised it was not Thanos. IW is many months away, and the AoS were never going to take on Thanos. If it had been Thanos, we know a TV team cannot beat him, therefore they would have been chasing someone that we would never see. That is a poor conclusion. The answer had to be something/someone new or an existing TV character based threat. It makes more sense to follow the AoS on their goal of saving the future if we have a threat they can tangibly face. From a narrative point of view, this makes more sense. Further, we all know Daisy didn't do it an there is more to what happened.
I knew realistically it wasnt thanos
That was just my outside hope, that coulson and the team would have to come back to give the avengers some info to help beat him.

So i knew it probably wouldnt be the case, but it still makes daisy the center of the plot once again, which sucks

Old 12-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #178
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
That was just my outside hope, that coulson and the team would have to come back to give the avengers some info to help beat him.

So i knew it probably wouldnt be the case, but it still makes daisy the center of the plot once again, which sucks
She is basically the show's main character, though. At least the one given the most focus. I still have a feeling this plot was meant to crossover with Inhumans and somehow they would blame Black Bolt and come after the royal family. Just my personal speculation, but I feel like that is where they were going. Given the reception of Inhumans, I am not sure that is still the plan. Depends if they filmed anything yet, lol.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #179
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Is AOS going to take a break for Christmas after it just started up again last week?

Wouldn't it have been better to wait until the new year so that there would be no breaks?

And are they going to have a fall finale cliffhanger? And will that be this week or next?

Old 12-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #180
Heretic
Side-Kick

Marvel just announced a cartoon...

Dove Cameron voices Gwen Stacy in the cartoon.

Didn't she just get cast in a secret role on Agents of SHIELD??

Also on the cartoon will be Chloe Bennett voicing Daisy Johnson (same as on AoS) and Milana Vayntrub voicing Squirrel Girl (she plays that same character in the MCU)...among others.

To be fair...Ming Na Wen is NOT voicing Agent May on the show, but instead a Kree (which...maybe May IS a Kree???? I'll edit this to add that it would only really make sense if this character was a Skrull, not a Kree).

So...uh...is Gwen coming to Agents of SHIELD??

Eh...probably not...but it's probably cooler than whoever she does end up playing.

Last edited by Heretic; 12-07-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:24 PM   #181
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:

I still think that the possibility exists that destruction of the Earth is in some way tied to the events of IW. The show doesn't need to display Thanos on screen to make him the ultimate cause.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:31 AM   #182
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Having missed the first episode:

Where is Fitz?

Old 12-09-2017, 01:27 AM   #183
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Having missed the first episode:

Where is Fitz?
He was not on the list for the team sent at the end of last season to arrest the SHIELD Agents. So they left him behind.

SPO2 Dalisay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #184
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Iain was filming a movie for the first 2/3 episodes

Old 12-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #185
karmajack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Is AOS going to take a break for Christmas after it just started up again last week?

Wouldn't it have been better to wait until the new year so that there would be no breaks?

And are they going to have a fall finale cliffhanger? And will that be this week or next?
I'm not sure how accurate IMDB's scedule is, but according to it, there's episodes scheduled for Dec 15 & 22. After that, it doesn't specify air dates in 2018. So it looks like if there is a break it will be after Christmas for New Years. Though that wouldn't make much sense to break just for NY and not X-Mas. A break could also occur later in the season. Like sometime right before or after the big 100th episode (around Black Panther's release) to segue into a new story arc.

karmajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #186
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

when does the most recent season come out on video?

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #187
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
when does the most recent season come out on video?
It looks like a bootleg for season 4 is on Amazon and the 3rd season recently came out on Blu Ray as the focus seems to be down load only into the future.

SPO2 Dalisay is online now   Reply With Quote