The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Black Lightning

Old 02-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #51
Slick
Yup

Default Re: Black Lightning (Dc comics/Greg Berlanti )

Well we still don't know yet. They may still go with the family angle. If they don't and they go with a younger hero then it should be Static.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:54 AM   #52
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
I'm glad it has a home but I'm worried they might try to go with a younger and hipper take on the character. The press release from Fox about him having a family seemed like a fairly unique take for a superhero show.
Yeah I hope there is no "Team Black Lightning'', in a lab or hideout helping him to defeat the bad guys.

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #53
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant
CW better start canceling shows. Not sure where they are going to fit all these shows. Outside of the CW, no one seems to want Berlanti shows. I wonder why that is?
there no need. fallow me my man I've been saying thius inthe flash thread

yeah I know this image look like static shockmore then black lighting
the article may may think they are one and the same for some weird reason.
but more importantly it's as I expected most dc show have no other place to go other then the cw it seems

well now that this is happening I wounder if he be put getting his powers from the time of the first patical accelerator?

ok so that might take frequence's spot /time slot. now vamp diaries time slot should be for the titans .

Newsarama shared a link.

3 hrs ·

Report: Berlanti's BLACK LIGHTNING Moving From Fox to THE CW
The veteran Justice Leaguer is reportedly joining his DC colleagues.

Read more
Quote:

Credit: Cully Hamner (DC Comics)

Updated 2/2/2017: Deadline is reporting that Greg Berlanti’s Black Lightning, based on the DC Comic book character that was originally in development at Fox, is moving with the likely destination being the CW, the home of the ‘Berlanti-verse’ DC shows Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl.
The online trade said negotiations are still underway but that a pilot order at the CW is likely.
Fox reportedly decided to pass on the show due to its already crowded comic book/genre line-up that includes Gotham and Lucifer and will be joined in the fall by the Matt Nix untitled X-Men series in development.

While the focus of the series is on titular character Jefferson Pierce, his daughters are also main characters – an area the younger-skewing CW would likely emphasize. In the comic books, his daughters are the superheroes Thunder (Anissa) and Lightning (Jennifer).
The official description of the series reads: “He made his choice: He hung up the suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter hell-bent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend Black Lightning.”
The husband-and-wife duo Salim and Mara Brock Akli are writing and executive producing.

Original story 9/18/2016: Greg Berlanti's proposed Black Lightning TV series has landed a pilot commitment through Fox, according to Variety. Berlanti will reportedly produce the pilot alongside Sarah Schechter, with husband-and-wife duo Salim and Mara Brock Akli writing.
The story is said to focus on an older, retired version of Jefferson Pierce, A.K.A. Black Lightning, who is pulled out of retirement when his as-yet-unnamed daughter starts seeking justice.
Fox also recently commited to a pilot based in Marvel's X-Men universe, and airs Gotham, based on the world of Batman, as well as Lucifer, based on the Vertigo title.
No release date or cast has been announced for the purported project.

NEWSARAMA.COM

the pont vamp diaries is ending this year as soom it's summer that show is done and
frequence was a mistake and wasput after super nature when it should have lead into supernatural. those that want to see supernatural won't stay for a new if they can get supernatural before hand. they go I got what Iwanted time go to another channel . but if it was the lead some people that might go hmm maybe give this a chanc might have watch if it was the lead in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant
Yeah I hope there is no "Team Black Lightning'', in a lab or hideout helping him to defeat the bad guys.

they should keep the family angle. how ever his daughter gotthe powers from being born after he got his powers.

there's alot to rework there. But they can make it that he was teaching in central city two years ago and was one of the few that got caught inthe explosion effects.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-03-2017 at 12:31 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #54
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Boy View Post
I thought The CW weren't gonna add any more DC shows to its stable.
the problem is as I said in the flash thread with these shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16
the live action Titans show would be the best place for him . Legends doesn't make sense at all. We'll have to see what shows end this year and have opening spots. and lets face IF if john'S put the titan's in any other net work NBC CBS ABC FOX other then cw it'll have fast death cause the network people fickle . Black lighting has better chance surving cause it one few first black heroes shows on net work tv.

So the writing for that latter better not be weak.
and look what happened now with black lighting. which was it only saving grace. the network produce always have their own personal agenda when they get made boss of the network and if your show isn't something that they are championing or always wanted to bring to live action tv or otherwise that they feel will leave them a legacy when they leave the network ... .

It looks like the only any of Dc planned live action tv show will survive if it they keep them on the cw

Old 02-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #55
Blitzkrieg
Monkey Business

Quote:
I'm glad it has a home but I'm worried they might try to go with a younger and hipper take on the character. The press release from Fox about him having a family seemed like a fairly unique take for a superhero show.
This is something that could be problematic. I do like the CW shows but I wanna see something unique. I loved Luke Cage (Seen up-to Ep 8) and would love to see the same care given to Black Lightning. I don't know a thing about this superhero so I want WB/DC to do something to make me interested in this show.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:22 PM   #56
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Boy View Post
This is something that could be problematic. I do like the CW shows but I wanna see something unique. I loved Luke Cage (Seen up-to Ep 8) and would love to see the same care given to Black Lightning. I don't know a thing about this superhero so I want WB/DC to do something to make me interested in this show.
the thing that was mostly known about him was he was one of batmans an outsiders with katana and was the leader at times when bat wasn't around and that in the books he was major into education.

there's alot they can do with that in the latter part with both being teacher and him having scientist back ground. they can link him to the flash but still have him be it's own thing as a solo series show.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #57
famicommander
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
CW better start canceling shows. Not sure where they are going to fit all these shows. Outside of the CW, no one seems to want Berlanti shows. I wonder why that is?
He has Blindspot on NBC and had The Mysteries of Laura too until it was canceled.

As for why nobody else wants his shows, it seems to be because there's an upper limit to how many people are going to watch these comic book shows. That number of people is high enough for CW and maybe Fox but everything on ABC, NBC, and CBS seems to do very poor numbers in the long run.

famicommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:55 PM   #58
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
He has Blindspot on NBC and had The Mysteries of Laura too until it was canceled.

As for why nobody else wants his shows, it seems to be because there's an upper limit to how many people are going to watch these comic book shows. That number of people is high enough for CW and maybe Fox but everything on ABC, NBC, and CBS seems to do very poor numbers in the long run.
no they made sure to put Constantin on a very terrble night in NBC right from the start. other wise it would have done as well as grimm when the latter was mondays or the start ofth weekend. before the writing went bad with making the latter show protagonist fall in love with his arch enemy who raped him and had child from it and turned one the was gonna marry into a weird villain for bit.

and then the moved grim to Friday nights which is the death sentence. And it's on the series end now.

the point is the net work producers are plain weird.there ehther to be an over special catch to the or it has to be a show that net work runner that set the schedules for the show is champion the shows cause it'll put his name in good place rating history wise.

super girl was doing good numbers onCBS but they were ready to cancel it due to expensiveness that they claim. And Abc is a Disney owned thing, it likely to be locked to marvel stuff. (<< It also depends on the maturity of the content there too where marvel's shows are involved) so that was never gonna happen there.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-03-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #59
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

Should have used Black Vulcan....

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:19 PM   #60
zenith16
Side-Kick

lol there he same guy he was still younger then bat man and still nearly the same deal and the only reason they name him vulcan due to some weird conflick back then over the name . And don't worry I know you joking.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:41 PM   #61
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
no they made sure to put Constantin on a very terrble night in NBC right from the start. other wise it would have done as well as grimm when the latter was mondays or the start ofth weekend. before the writing went bad with making the latter show protagonist fall in love with his arch enemy who raped him and had child from it and turned one the was gonna marry into a weird villain for bit.

and then the moved grim to Friday nights which is the death sentence. And it's on the series end now.

the point is the net work producers are plain weird.there ehther to be an over special catch to the or it has to be a show that net work runner that set the schedules for the show is champion the shows cause it'll put his name in good place rating history wise.

super girl was doing good numbers onCBS but they were ready to cancel it due to expensiveness that they claim. And Abc is a Disney owned thing, it likely to be locked to marvel stuff. (<< It also depends on the maturity of the content there too where marvel's shows are involved) so that was never gonna happen there.
Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter also had a reputation for being kind of disappointing (putting it mildly) so it's not a surprise they struggled in the ratings.

MbJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #62
Fincher
Too far gone

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had a license to print money after The Avengers and squandered it with the first half of their first season.

Fincher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #63
famicommander
Side-Kick

Quote:

Constantine got put on Friday nights because NBC had no confidence in it. When they ordered it to series they were expecting it to do well. Nobody orders a show just to intentionally sabotage it.

The bottom line is, SOMETHING has to air on Friday nights. Constantine got that timeslot because
A)they hoped it would pair well with the established veteran Grimm
and
B) because the original pilot was such a terrible mess that they had to reshoot much of it, fire the female lead, and entirely re-map the course of the series.

The only ones to blame for Constantine getting that timeslot are David Goyer and Daniel Cerone, who failed to deliver a show that NBC could get behind.

It took 3-5 episodes for Constantine to actually become watchable depending on who you ask, and for a 13 episode show that's just not good enough.

As for Supergirl, the fact that it wasn't doing big enough numbers to justify its expense precludes it from having "good numbers". They knew how much it was going to cost when they made it, and the show failed to deliver. That's why it's on a smaller network and being shot in a much smaller, less expensive city than it was last year.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #64
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPBAGS View Post
Should have used Black Vulcan....

I wouldn't past them to actually adapt him as a doppelganger, side kick or villain.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #65
famicommander
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
There should totally be a team, and it should totally be the Outsiders.

There are already two former Outsiders in the Arrowverse:
Roy Harper/Arsenal - he was written out of the show because actor Colton Haynes had some personal/health issues, but Haynes has recently said he'd love to return. There's no room for him on Arrow, so why not?

Tatsu Yamashiro/Katana - hasn't appeared in awhile but is still alive in the Arrowverse.

The characters don't really have a lot of baggage attached to them -- the showrunners could essentially do what they want and still benefit from the ties to established characters in what is becoming a massive multimedia franchise.

Black Lightning isn't exactly an A-list character. Katana and Arsenal don't have powers so they aren't going to show up the main hero but they can add some diversity to the action.

(technically Green Arrow was an Outsider too, but obviously he's not leaving his own show)

Old 02-03-2017, 11:53 PM   #66
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Global Moderator

I see that The CW has now officially given the show a pilot order. I'm really glad to see that it still has a chance. Hopefully, it gets picked up to series!

Old 02-04-2017, 01:17 AM   #67
signalman
Side-Kick

CW should give each DC series 16-18 episodes a season.
And make a separate crossover event that is 3 episodes.
That would reduce stress.

signalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:50 AM   #68
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I hope it succeeds. If it doesn't air on CW, then they need to look at BET, TNT, cable networks.

Hire Tony Isabella as a consultant.

Treat the character intelligently. Have plenty of action but also show his school teaching (principal) side.

I imagine his city will not be "Southside"/Suicide Slum (Metropolis' ghetto) anymore.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #69
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter also had a reputation for being kind of disappointing (putting it mildly) so it's not a surprise they struggled in the ratings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had a license to print money after The Avengers and squandered it with the first half of their first season.
sup y' all ? sorry I'm late in answering but I was bit tired . here's the thing with agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The reason it's still around is due to both the avengers brand and the fact they are still using as way to promote the movies . yeah there's the actors and fan base to consider but I had talks with friends and family and the that latter isn't strong as what kept chuck on NBC alive . it's being championed by the net work producer for that it had bad first season and the second season had really bad ruff patch and most other shows in it's place would have died at season 2.

the writer may be some what decent now but and there' alwys people that love the actors but the truth of why agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is alive and partly due to the brand and it's linked to the avengers movies as thing still at times again at time it's not the only thing but it's still what's keeping it alive.

Now agent carter which was sorta the better written show while ther this thing withthe fan base there's still arguably the issue with the ratings . and sadly the second season rating killed it. I guess people weren't feeling the she's getting her grove( and people may be bitter to what happened to the real life stella's fallout with that lover she got inthat movie) back with more then one guy having thing for her. sadly.

Quote:
Constantine got put on Friday nights because NBC had no confidence in it. When they ordered it to series they were expecting it to do well. Nobody orders a show just to intentionally sabotage it.

Yup, Which adds to what I said about the network producer championing show to make name for them selves .

Quote:
The bottom line is, SOMETHING has to air on Friday nights. Constantine got that time slot because
it's still death sentence the 9:00 Friday night time slot has been that since most people my age gen x to menials discovered clubs when e all hit 18 and and no one stays home for TGIF cause of it . And even though everyone is happy it's Friday, no stays home that much around that time period or if they do they aren't watching NBC at the hour of past midnight on.

Quote:
A)they hoped it would pair well with the established veteran Grimm
and
B) because the original pilot was such a terrible mess that they had to reshoot much of it, fire the female lead, and entirely re-map the course of the series.
hmm truth be told it's been bothering me they put newer show be bind those shows that were doing well for seasons . they did this with frequency it fallowed super natural if you got what you want why stay for the new show you might give glance to.

Both Constantine on NBC and the later frequency on the CW should have been lead in's to those popular shows. it's why freaking music bands and music in general do this with as the lead in newer bands or music entertainers that have know establish are the final acts ofthe night . the same should be done with tv shows.

ah well.
Quote:
The only ones to blame for Constantine getting that time slot are David Goyer and Daniel Cerone, who failed to deliver a show that NBC could get behind.
this is why people call in Ryan fuller so much for most net tv shows when the show's own show runners mess up.

Quote:
It took 3-5 episodes for Constantine to actually become watchable depending on who you ask, and for a 13 episode show that's just not good enough.
well not arguing . you won't see that from me. This is why I said below about the writing of black light highlite in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16
the live action Titans show would be the best place for him . Legends doesn't make sense at all. We'll have to see what shows end this year and have opening spots. and lets face IF if john'S put the titan's in any other net work NBC CBS ABC FOX other then cw it'll have fast death cause the network people fickle . Black lighting has better chance surving cause it one few first black heroes shows on net work tv.

So the writing for that latter better not be weak.
Quote:
As for Supergirl, the fact that it wasn't doing big enough numbers to justify its expense precludes it from having "good numbers". They knew how much it was going to cost when they made it, and the show failed to deliver. That's why it's on a smaller network and being shot in a much smaller, less expensive city than it was last year.
it had better number then the sow that that just aired this past week called training day. also when WB e were inthe process of taking super girl CBS was stated they still wanted super girl to the news outlets that fallow super heroes shows. weirdly.

So it seems cbs had some weird split personality issues over wanting it cancelled before the process was done. which was weird

Quote:
There are already two former Outsiders in the Arrowverse:
Roy Harper/Arsenal - he was written out of the show because actor Colton Haynes had some personal/health issues, but Haynes has recently said he'd love to return. There's no room for him on Arrow, so why not?

Tatsu Yamashiro/Katana - hasn't appeared in awhile but is still alive in the Arrowverse.

The characters don't really have a lot of baggage attached to them -- the showrunners could essentially do what they want and still benefit from the ties to established characters in what is becoming a massive multimedia franchise.

Black Lightning isn't exactly an A-list character. Katana and Arsenal don't have powers so they aren't going to show up the main hero but they can add some diversity to the action.

(technically Green Arrow was an Outsider too, but obviously he's not leaving his own show)

I was the one that brought that up about roy's actor . ok here's the thing

the arrow verse already made a set up wit metamorpho who's an Outsider as well .

they had the stagg company and they had show ester egg's with the labs of meta morpho too . and hhe' well know for being lead by black light and katana . when roy be became an out sider he was leading in partner ship ting with night on the out sider which he pulled nightwing into that.

the point is roy / arsenal needs his own show where he's leader or a partner leader ab black light needs a team of his own

Roy is better of startinhte titans who are all intheir 20s which alot people are over freaking out about wlly taking up spot light from barry and they can't stand ego at times . so he need a place to go and legends ain't the place. so them founding hte titans with night wing and Orical on tv make sense .

black light need to shine on his own as sole leader of the outsiders.

also it'd be best if he were near barry central city so ether in key stone or edge city . and as teacher/ scientist he make his commute to star labs . why cause it would be good set up for what I proposed with cailin frost as way to

all page:33

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bforbrigitta View Post
In the latest episode, I really liked that Iris addressed feeling useless in Team Flash. I hope it's another step forward into creating a role for her that isn't just plot device/love interest/pep talker. It's possibly a reflection on the criticism that the writers have received about Iris never being treated like a fully fleshed out character on the show, and this *could* lead to better things for her. I do like her as a part of Team Flash, so maybe having her contribute through her work by reporting on the kind of impact The Flash and metahumans are having on public perception and, like someone has mentioned here, the law. Or even just specific to cases/arcs that The Flash is working on every week. Right now, most things would be a better alternative to her hanging around Star Labs drinking coffee.
with Cisco (hopefully he still creates gadget's and gear)and Caitlin ( if she get past her problems with her powers and makher think she's evil when it's all in her head, I want her to create this >> Center for Paranormal Studies <<:that's a link there, as part of star labe to help those other meta's that aren't Evil or just need help. They created them so they should take responsibility.) getting powers and getting newer roles.

it's likely Iris'll take up the role as his mission control and like what felicity doing for team arrow currently . and with her as in investigative reporter skills it'll be like what Lana Lang in small ville started and then cloe took over from helping barry's investigation's from there in the starlab's mission control room.

hey he said he does and need her and that's the best role for her. when she's not out being a reporter.

Quote:

and caitlin should start that center / school for those that were effected by the particle accelerator explosion for those effected that just want to control their powers and not harm anyone but live normal, even if they have powers or for those that seem to have picked up negative side effect's from their mutation's like that teen jock that was ageing from using his super human strength.

And for others that ether want to be heroes or see if there are any other use's study wise that meta human can be helpful to soeity. like what being in the anime A simple magical index wth the mutants of the series

the

Science Side Characters<< it's a link

this anime series have idea's that the writers of marvel should have thought about besides the constant war among heroes infighting that's happening now . they actually show people with powers being helpful and useful in other ways with scientists there are negatives too . there are others conflicts like crimes and the near war between the science side pshic's (some times they do indeed them call them selves mutants) versus the magical side the latter is instigating the possible war.

but they showed alot ool things that I think is doable for live action or animated for ether dc or marvel . it was show inspired by them and took it to another place and yeah the only I'm bring it up, is that it's been voiced dubbed in English and is quite popular

so roy/ Arsenal doesn't need to be used for the Outsiders .

it's time for Roy/ arsenal to make it on his own and lead with people in his age group in the show any way. And that show is just this below

Details inthis
Link>>
Titans

New Earth
A · I · G
1985 - 2011
^The Titans are a team of heroes consisting of ex-members of the Teen Titans who have passed the maximum age limit to be able to join the Teen Titans, but who still want to fight crime together as Titans. The Titans were created by Devin Grayson and Phil Jimenez, first appearing in JLA/Titans #1. (1998)

let black lighting have the Outsiders to him self .

yeah this my idea. but it make the most sense for black lighting.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-04-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:54 AM   #70
zenith16
Side-Kick

Dang that was long post. Sorry about that every one. I'm still also a bit tired .

but I do think black lighting career wise asn educator /scientist should make that school called the >> Center for Paranormal Studies << which is dc thing with Caitlin snow. it was in the conglomerate books too where booster gold lead.

It's about time the star labs team in the live flash did something for the meta human victims that aren't criminals . And Black lighting's the best person for that school as an educator and being around edge city as his own space to fight crime makes sense as well.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-04-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #71
famicommander
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalman View Post
CW should give each DC series 16-18 episodes a season.
And make a separate crossover event that is 3 episodes.
That would reduce stress.
Arrow and Flash are going to continue to get 23 episode seasons.

Supergirl will probably stay at 22.

That means Legends and, if it goes to series, Black Lightning, will likely be the ones with truncated orders. Probably 13-16 episodes each.

Legends because the large cast has a lot of other filming commitments, and Black Lightning because it's the newest and farthest away from syndication/streaming episode counts coming into play.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:39 AM   #72
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Make black lightning a summer show. Why not? Think outside the box.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #73
mace1
Side-Kick

The first season of agents of shield is not bad and it got high ratings from both critics and audience on RT for and imbd example.The reason it lost some of the audience is because some of audience thought they the main avengers would show up on the show.
Take alook at all superhero shows in recent modern times.
Over time the rating go down anyway.
Most folks tend to be into cop shows and music or reality shows.
Look at the netflix shows.
The viewership for the network shows superhero or comicbook shows for 2016 and that's including dvr viewers are around the same as netflix superhero shows for example.We have to wait and see what will happen for 2017.

Agent carter and aos are really good shows,but for agents carter the first season was it's best season.The second season was weaker but still really good.
For aos,the weakest season overall on average is the first,but it was not a bad first season.
Just look at the rating for that from critics and audience too.
I think the first season of agent cater was stronger then the first season overall of aos,but you could say the second season of aos was on par with first season of agents carter.
The later seasons(3 and 4) of aos are stronger then any seasons of agent carter.
The second season of agents carter is on par overall with the first season of aos.
Agents of shield is a better written show on average then the agent peggy carter show and i enjoy it more as well.
That's all i have to say about that.

Last edited by mace1; 02-08-2017 at 09:12 AM.
mace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #74
mace1
Side-Kick

I will post one more thing and leave.

NOTE-luke cage season 1 had higher viewership then daredevil season 1 for example.

Last edited by mace1; 02-08-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #75
mace1
Side-Kick

Edited/added info above.
Bye.