The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #751
Mister J
Saving the World Alone
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Where You Get Clipper'd

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there is always madness. Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away forever.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #752
L.A.
Banned User

It looks surprisingly good IMO

Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #753
L.A.
Banned User

Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #754
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Kinda low LA. Is that photoshopped?

Anyone see Royce White on PTI? Anyone sick of this guy? He's trying to make himself a martyr for mental health but he sounds like a spoiled brat.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #755
Mister J
Saving the World Alone
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
It looks better than I thought it would too. Should see the unis tomorrow.

I hope Charlotte follows suit and goes back to the Hornets name.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there is always madness. Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away forever.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #756
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Well everyone seems to be blaming Howard when clearly Its Kobe. I really want to see them trade Howard just so I can see who they'll blame next. Until they sit Kobe down and get it through his thick skull to play team ball, they ain't going nowhere.
You're seriously losing it dude. Yesterday's game was the same usual situation, Kobe was 7-9 to start, but instead of going hard, he fell back, and proceeded to watch Dwight miss all his shots, Clark struggle, Nash turn the ball over 5 times in one half, and general mayhem erupt. Oh, and the team was still down by double digits.

SO he comes out the second half and does what he should've done, tried to win the damn game. He's so selfish, but part of the reason his prior three games were horrendous is because he's not posting as much, in favor of Dwight. Kobe, believe it or not hater, is statistically one of the most efficient post players in the whole NBA, in regards to points per post possession. Not just for guards, the whole NBA. He might actually be first if I'm not mistaken, so If he was so worried about himself, he would've continued to operate down there and let Dwight linger. He & Nash try to get the guy the ball, it is what it is.

Just looking at the boxscore (like Skip Bayless, who I think you want to be around here, smh) without seeing the game and taking it into context, is just beyond foolish. But you continue to do it.

What you fail to do however, is convince me that Carmelo Anthony isn't the same type of guy, but worse. Instead of posting Kobe crap every week, let's talk about them Knicks. More importantly, Carmelo, and his gunning ways. I'm always up for that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
I hope Charlotte follows suit and goes back to the Hornets name.
Heard that's the plan. I used to love the Alonzo/LJ/Curry/Bogues squad

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 01-24-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #757
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

You know the difference between Kobe and Melo right now? The Knicks have a winning record. Come back from that one sir.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #758
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
I agree, it doesn't look as lame as it sounds.
Quote:

Anyone see Royce White on PTI? Anyone sick of this guy? He's trying to make himself a martyr for mental health but he sounds like a spoiled brat.
I saw him, and I remember hearing about his story before the seasons started. From listening to him speak, I kinda feel like there's more to the situation that we were initially told.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #759
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Doubt it. He seems ok today but I seen an interview earlier this month and he's using this "illness" to set up for a lawsuit. He's not meeting the Rockets on any middle ground and they are bending over backwards for a guy who hasn't played a minute in the league. This is the same guy who had all kinds of trouble in college. He is afraid to fly in an airplane but not afraid to steal computers or whatever. Just fed up with dude.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #760
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Doubt it. He seems ok today but I seen an interview earlier this month and he's using this "illness" to set up for a lawsuit. He's not meeting the Rockets on any middle ground and they are bending over backwards for a guy who hasn't played a minute in the league. This is the same guy who had all kinds of trouble in college. He is afraid to fly in an airplane but not afraid to steal computers or whatever. Just fed up with dude.
I hadn't heard about him since the pre-season, so I wasn't aware of the lawsuit or his past. I always thought the biggest issue was getting him on a plane or to a road game, but it sounds like that's already been taken care of.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #761
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

When Howard gets traded, then Dantoni will be the next to be blamed.

Houston should just D-league him.

So is charlotte getting back the Hornets name?

Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #762
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

Can't watch the Knicks/Celts game. Has the Honey Nut Cheerios chants started yet? Please tell me it has!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #763
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvirus View Post
When Howard gets traded, then Dantoni will be the next to be blamed.

Houston should just D-league him.

So is charlotte getting back the Hornets name?
Nope! They'll blame Gasol, possibly Nash and then Dantoni. Notice Kobe doesn't get blamed although his ballhogging is clearly the issue. No wonder these guys are shocked when he passes the ball.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #764
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

I really think Gasol will be gone by the deadline. LA can't really trade Howard. That would be admitting a failure in the super team experiment.

Then sadly come summer time, Howard will bail to Brooklyn. Leaving maybe Nash & Kobe to pick up the pieces.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #765
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
I really think Gasol will be gone by the deadline. LA can't really trade Howard. That would be admitting a failure in the super team experiment.

Then sadly come summer time, Howard will bail to Brooklyn. Leaving maybe Nash & Kobe to pick up the pieces.
That is so crazy! This team has a chance to actually save their season NOW. Fire Dantoni now and run with Bickerstaff. They won't get equal value for either Howard or Gasol so you might as well keep them and use them. Dantoni has no plays on offense or defense. Bickerstaff is already there so use him. If they trade Howard or Gasol, Kobe won't win another ring......he won't any way but still.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #766
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

There is also Avery, & Skiles out there. I like Skiles. Although I don't know how well he would get along with Kobe's ego.

Can you imagine how much more great Kobe would have been if he would have actually evolved his game, & put his ego aside?

Old 01-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #767
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
There is also Avery, & Skiles out there. I like Skiles. Although I don't know how well he would get along with Kobe's ego.

Can you imagine how much more great Kobe would have been if he would have actually evolved his game, & put his ego aside?
Won't happen. He'd rather average 50 and lose than average 15 and win a ring. Dude is out shooting the other starters alone on a stacked team with one of the best pg's in the league who is now a role player thanks to Kobe.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #768
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

Just turned it to the game just in time to hear Marv reveal a pretty interesting bit of info about crowd padding.

I wonder if Marv will get in trouble? I know most know about it, but wow.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #769
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

"Told you about Kobe!"

- Shaq, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Phil Jackson.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #770
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Won't happen. He'd rather average 50 and lose than average 15 and win a ring. Dude is out shooting the other starters alone on a stacked team with one of the best pg's in the league who is now a role player thanks to Kobe.
I know right! When Nash first went to LA. I was like of sh** Nash is gonna feed Kobe the rock? It gonna be a scorefest! Nope, god forbid Kobe let that happen.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #771
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Just turned it to the game just in time to hear Marv reveal a pretty interesting bit of info about crowd padding.

I wonder if Marv will get in trouble? I know most know about it, but wow.
What did he say? I didn't hear it and I'm watching the game.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #772
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

He said that Boston, along with other teams run cheers & boos through the arena speakers. To make it seem louder than it actually is.

As Kerr put it, it sounds like a bad sitcom.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #773
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
That is so crazy! This team has a chance to actually save their season NOW. Fire Dantoni now and run with Bickerstaff. They won't get equal value for either Howard or Gasol so you might as well keep them and use them. Dantoni has no plays on offense or defense. Bickerstaff is already there so use him. If they trade Howard or Gasol, Kobe won't win another ring......he won't any way but still.
I agree. They flowed incredibly well under Bickerstaff, I have no idea they rushed to hire somebody when they looked great with him.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #774
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
You know the difference between Kobe and Melo right now? The Knicks have a winning record. Come back from that one sir.
Ain't because of Carmelo lol, that's for sure. The whole team is damn near different from last season.

Speaking of Carmelo, isn't he like 4-16 as we speak. LMAO, Doc, you really, like REALLY should just be quiet fam. For awhile.

Quote:
Damn, I guess winning 5 rings and being the best player of his generation was a waste of time huh?

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 01-24-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #775
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Ain't because of Carmelo lol, that's for sure. The whole team is damn near different from last season.

Speaking of Carmelo, isn't he like 4-16 as we speak. LMAO, Doc, you really, like REALLY should just be quiet fam. For awhile.
So the Knicks are a top three team in the east and it has nothing to do with Melo? Wow man. Just wow.

Closed Thread