^He is Warpath.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #252
Manila Vanilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'There's a wolf on the school' - The Booboo Stewart Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC Avengers View Post
Warpath rocked! Nuff Said! He represented us Native Americans well! Fearless!
Aww, that's really cool!

He had 6 lines in the film:
"They're here", "Sentinels", "Blink", "Ahhhh" "They never where" & "12 Sentinel ships, 10 miles etc"

Manila Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #253
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila Vanilla View Post
Aww, that's really cool!

He had 6 lines in the film:
"They're here", "Sentinels", "Blink", "Ahhhh" "They never where" & "12 Sentinel ships, 10 miles etc"
He has more lines than other new mutants

Krak66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #254
Manila Vanilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
He has more lines than other new mutants
More lines than Storm actually

Manila Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #255
Mars123
Side-Kick

He had a bit of presence

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #256
BlackFox
Covert Operator

He was awesome. Yeah he and the future mutants were really only there to show the fighting that they faced in the future but they were great at showing it, more time with them would have been great to get to know them more (heck I could have watched an entire movie set in the future!) but at least they had a roll to play and I love how each one was given a task to fulfill for scouting and keeping ahead of the Sentinels.

BlackFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:55 PM   #257
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

I liked what we saw of him. He was more awesome than I thought he was gonna be

Old 05-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #258
Sullstar
Side-Kick

I hope he can be in a future film or even a spin off like X-Force. I think he'd fit well and would get to do even more

Sullstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #259
Avalanche
Tremor

I found Warpath to be a really odd inclusion in the movie. He didn't really add anything to the movie, either in story or visually, and he seemed desperately under-powered compared to the rest of the team.

He shouldn't really have been there. Forgettable fluff. I wonder why they even chose to include him.

Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #260
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
I found Warpath to be a really odd inclusion in the movie. He didn't really add anything to the movie, either in story or visually, and he seemed desperately under-powered compared to the rest of the team.

He shouldn't really have been there. Forgettable fluff. I wonder why they even chose to include him.
I felt the same way, honestly if Anna had more time to film, or even if she did 2 weeks was enough to film. I would've took him out and gave his spot to Rogue. It would've been nice to see her flying, jumping, punching, etc.

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #261
ares834
Vader's Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post

My thoughts as well. He seemed relatively pointless.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:42 PM   #262
danagirl42
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
I felt the same way, honestly if Anna had more time to film, or even if she did 2 weeks was enough to film. I would've took him out and gave his spot to Rogue. It would've been nice to see her flying, jumping, punching, etc.
I guess people have moved on this the particular actor. I think it is so disrespectful and tacky to the actors and actresses who all did good jobs in this movie, when I hear talk about how this person or that person should have been removed to bring in Rogue. Obviously the director, producer and studio were fine with his and the others' work and felt there was no need for Rogue in those scenes. Somehow, despite this "mistake" the movie was able to get sky-high reviews and a decent/good box-office. Geez! I'm waiting for the "Rogue should have replaced Blink or Bishop" posts.

danagirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #263
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

No one is being rude or trying to insult Booboo all we're saying is that this particular character could have been left out the movie, and probably included in the 3rd film where he could have been done justice. Initially everyone thought Rogue was going to absorb his power of flight, strength, etc and become the kick a$$ Rogue we've waited 14 years to see. I have nothing wrong with his character, visually for me he didn't add much compared to others and most of his powers weren't even shown (maybe it was left on the cutting room floor). In terms of the new mutants and their power display he got shafted even Sunspot who didn't speak made up for it.

I'm simply saying he could've been included in the past like some of "hypers" thought and made the sentinel fight some what interesting.

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #264
danagirl42
Side-Kick

Oh, I guess that was the impression I was under when you said to replace him with Rogue. Why do any of the actors have to get cut because of her? I could see if they gave some hysterically bad performance, then sure, cut them. Plus, they used him to determine when the Sentinals were getting close and for fighting purposes.

Also, the issues people have with Rogue were more than just giving her some powers. That's the easy part. Plus, she was on hiatus when they did all those reshoots last fall, so...come to your own conclusions on that issue.

danagirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:56 AM   #265
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I thought Warpath had some use. He was like a Sentinel radar to the group, but of course that part could have been removed and things would still be the same.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:57 AM   #266
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

They could've showed off that part of his power better. They also could've shown his leaping powers better too. That said, I actually quite liked this character in the movie. Though my sister kept laughing about how they kept killing Booboo Stewart from the Twilight films.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:56 AM   #267
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

I stil like Warpath's presence in DOFP I hope this is not a short term thing. I could see how the new mutants are a way of introducing them for upcoming projects in the future

I loved his stance and expression during the opening battle when he tried to defend the room where Kitty and Bishop were

Old 05-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #268
BigThor
God of Thunder

Did Warpath have any super strength in the film and if so how did he display it?

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537319

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:02 AM   #269
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Did Warpath have any super strength in the film and if so how did he display it?
Haven't you seen the film yet?! Get to a cinema now!

Old 05-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #270
Avalanche
Tremor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
He didn't display much of anything. You'd be hard pressed to notice he has any powers.

Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #271
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

I think we did not see a lot of his powers (or any of the future mutants for that matter) because they overpowered the sentinels. :s Would be nice to see them take out a few of those giants first before they were overwhelmed.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #272
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Haven't you seen the film yet?! Get to a cinema now!
Naw I haven't seen it, my money's been tied up lately.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537319

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:28 AM   #273
JaD
Thriller Night

For such a small part in the movie I think this guy did a great job as Warpath. With how brutal (not to mention creepy) the future Sentinels were he stood his ground to try and protect Bishop & Kitty. In his case, I thought that moment in front of the vault was incredibly well done in showing how grim this movie was going to be.

It'd be easy to miss what type of powers he had though because he didn't seem very effective (I'd have to watch the film again) in the battles with the Sentinels. I agree that it would have been cool to see some of the mutants actually stand a chance against the future Sentinels. I can't remember a single one being destroyed (one getting it's arm cut off I believe and that's it.)

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:43 AM   #274
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Was very dissapointed in how James was portrayed in this film. He's one of my favourite X-men. He ran around like a normal human being. Didn't have his super-strength and leaping, heck even flight powers. He was wasted imo.

TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #275
BlackFox
Covert Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
For such a small part in the movie I think this guy did a great job as Warpath. With how brutal (not to mention creepy) the future Sentinels were he stood his ground to try and protect Bishop & Kitty. In his case, I thought that moment in front of the vault was incredibly well done in showing how grim this movie was going to be.

It'd be easy to miss what type of powers he had though because he didn't seem very effective (I'd have to watch the film again) in the battles with the Sentinels. I agree that it would have been cool to see some of the mutants actually stand a chance against the future Sentinels. I can't remember a single one being destroyed (one getting it's arm cut off I believe and that's it.)
Agreed, it clear this was a young version of Warpath compared to the fully developed Warpath from the comics but at least he has had a decent representation on screen. Plus with that timeline altered they can always do an older version if they choose to use him again in X-Force say.

BlackFox is online now   Reply With Quote