Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 10:11 PM   #751
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Default Re: The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Well that explains your nonsensical posts.

NFL huh, its funny Lara fans be like 'cool the Seahawks won, lets hope Denver plays San Fran in the Superbowl'.

Mayweather fans be like 'Seahawks won! Cool, now I hope they play the Browns in the Superbowl'!
OCD is not a good illness to have sir. You clearly do.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #752
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
OCD is not a good illness to have sir. You clearly do.
No I take it back, the correct analogy would be, Mayweather fans be like 'Cool, Seattle (or Denver) are going to the Superbowl, they should forgo that game and instead play the worst team from the CFL, no doubt they would sell out their stadium in Canada for a chance to see one of the best teams from the US. Also Seattle(or Denver) could make a lot of money from that game, since football glory isn't what's important, but lining the pockets of the players is!'

Last edited by Iron_Stark; 01-20-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #753
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Not to bash Paq but man all this "fighting Mayweather for free" was a farce. Amazing how he says he wants to fight him before he announces his fight. Mayweather is just as bad with all this back and forth talk through Twitter as well. I agree with this article whole heartedly but blame has to go to Mayweather as as well because the way he attacked Manny in the media as well, you had to think there was some secretive talks going on behind closed doors. It's really an insult to fans with the constant teasing of the fight from both sides, especially to for that snake Bob Arum.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/typical...0691--box.html

Old 01-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #754
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Anyone looking forward to this weeks fights? I am really looking forward to Mikey Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Burgos. I really hope Carlos gives Mikey a tough battle.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Old 01-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #755
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Burgos is going to be Mikey's real big test. To me it's a toss up.

@Docker, Pac and Arum full of crap, no way would he fight May for free. As much as I bag on May, I agree with him on this one that Pac needs this fight to help him with his financial difficulties. The fight that has the potential to make more than DLH/Mayweather for free? Riiiiiiight.

But now it looks like its going to be Pac/Bradley II.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #756
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

We agree. I just think it's messed up that Manny used Mayweather's name nonstop recently, saying he'd fight for free but he knew that the Bradley fight was all but done. I have no plans on buying the Paq/Bradley fight. Have to show that scum bag Arum he's lost his mojo.

This weekend is looking great. We have boxing on HBO and Showtime. A great night of boxing.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #757
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Anyone catch the Lamont Peterson vs Dierry Jean fight last night? How the heck has Peterson been allowed to keep the 140lb IBF belt after he was caught taking PED's is beyond me. Anyway he was decent came away with a UD.

Pacquiao vs Bradley II confirmed for April 12 in Las Vegas.

Last edited by Fallen Angel; 01-26-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #758
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

I watched it. He kept the belt because he didn't get caught. He admitted it later, and it ended up being all kinds of weird. It is why the result hasn't been overturned.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
Old 01-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #759
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I saw it and I must admit, he was very entertaining with his showboating. He looked very impressive. I also watched part of the HBO card and nearly fell asleep. The crowd in attendance booed most of the fight. Showtime was the clear winner last night. HBO and Arum are going to have to do more to end this feud because they are not coming out on top of this war thus far. Bradley/Paq 2.................I can't see it doing that well. I'm calling 500,000 buys max. I'd gladly watch it on tv but it just seems like one of those fights that I ain't trying to get in debt on unless there's a great undercard and with TR's stable, that's not going to happen.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #760
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Showtime was the clear winner last night. HBO and Arum are going to have to do more to end this feud because they are not coming out on top of this war thus far. Bradley/Paq 2.................I can't see it doing that well. I'm calling 500,000 buys max. I'd gladly watch it on tv but it just seems like one of those fights that I ain't trying to get in debt on unless there's a great undercard and with TR's stable, that's not going to happen.
Agreed. This whole "Cold War" situation is gonna hurt the promoters/boxers more than the networks in the long run anyway.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 01-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #761
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I can actually see GBP and Showtime doing ok. They have most of the top fighters. It's HBO and TR that will lose. Other than Bradley, Paq, GGG, and Ward...........there's very little there.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #762
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

I guess HBO is changing their tune now, I guess they figured shutting out GBP was a mistake...

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Old 01-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #763
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

And that's the smart thing to do. The way things are going, Showtime will pass HBO in viewers in about 2 years. TR just doesn't have a deep stable like GBP. Arum has screwed so many of the top fighters, the only reason people will go there is to fight Paq. But if he loses his next fight, even that won't be an alternative any more.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #764
Derrick9592
Side-Kick

Soo...KD was on fire last night.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #765
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Does Durant box now?

Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #766
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Well I commend Mayweather for letting the fans choose his next fight. I guess he realised what a farce the Khan fight would've been. And if Khan wins the poll, which is highly unlikely, then it will be the fans fault that fight gets made.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #767
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

They'll probably still choose Khan though, simply because he has the bigger following. At least I assume he does...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 02-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #768
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Isn't Maidana locked to fight Broner in April though? I thought Broner had an immediate rematch clause in their contract.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #769
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Maidana said Broner is going to have to wait.

If Khan does get chosen, Mayweather will recieve the worst kind of backlash from fans and media imaginable. And Khans following is not as big an Maidanas. Atleast now. Maidana has Argentina behind him, and now a growing Mexican fanbase with him training in SoCal and his trainer being Robert Garcia. Look how packed it was in San Antonio and who they were cheering for. Not to mention all the other Latino and non Latino fans he made after his thumping of Broner.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #770
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
If Khan does get chosen, Mayweather will recieve the worst kind of backlash from fans and media imaginable. And Khans following is not as big an Maidanas. Atleast now. Maidana has Argentina behind him, and now a growing Mexican fanbase with him training in SoCal and his trainer being Robert Garcia. Look how packed it was in San Antonio and who they were cheering for. Not to mention all the other Latino and non Latino fans he made after his thumping of Broner.
I'm not sure why fans would be upset, especially if he's giving them an opportunity to weigh in on the opponent. Besides that, Khan already beat Maidana anyway, so I don't see how he would be any less of an opponent. It's not like either one of them has a chance...

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 02-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #771
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Maidana had to fight both Khan and the referee in that fight. and at the end Maidana was putting it on Khan. Besides, that was a long time ago and they're two different fighters since.

Out of the two, Maidana has a better chance and would make the fight more interesting. Plus the storyline, maidana beat Broner and now is going after Big Bro, and Floyd is trying to avenge lil sisters ass kicking.

Comeon you don't really think the Khan fight would be better.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #772
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I could see the Freddie Roach trained Amir Khan give him problems early on until Floyd works him out say by round 4 but not the Virgil Hunter trained Khan. He's changed his whole approach.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #773
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Maidana had to fight both Khan and the referee in that fight. and at the end Maidana was putting it on Khan. Besides, that was a long time ago and they're two different fighters since.

Out of the two, Maidana has a better chance and would make the fight more interesting. Plus the storyline, maidana beat Broner and now is going after Big Bro, and Floyd is trying to avenge lil sisters ass kicking.

Comeon you don't really think the Khan fight would be better.
To beat Floyd, IMO, the three most important things to have are good hand speed, accuracy on your punches when you throw and good enough condition & patience to keep pressure for 12 rounds. I don't think Khan would have any chance to win, but I do think he's quick enough to make it somewhat interesting for the first 4 rounds or so.

Maidana on the other hand can't try to approach Floyd the same way he did Broner, but I don't believe he has any other approach. Any fighter who tries to come forward with pressure, but doesn't have the hand speed and/or the patience to do it intelligently, has no chance. I think he'll get frustrated early, which will cause him to take risks and open himself up. Nothing but target practice after that...

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 02-06-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #774
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Castillo beat Mayweather in their first fight using constant pressure. De La Hoya came close with his jab and Cotto made it an ugly and busted him up with pressure. None of them had super hand speed.

Maidana could make it ugly for May, he'd lose, but I guarantee May would have to earn thay victory.

I don't get how people think Khan will even make it the least bit interesting, did you not see his last fight? He struggled and got dropped by Julio 'I haven't been relevant in 10 years' Diaz! He got ko'd by Garcia and lost to Lamont Peterson. Khan does not deserve that fight, he isn't all that popular like y'all think he is, he's 2-2 in his last 4 fights and he's losing the poll.

But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they picked Khan. Easy fight, easy paycheck, keeps his undefeated record and guarantees him a legitimate KO since Hatton.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #775
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Floyd had a separated shoulder for the first Castillo fight, but I won't beat that horse.

Oscar & Cotto didn't have the hand speed, no, but they did have the patience. That's the main thing, to not get frustrated early and start getting wild, but to keep the pressure up properly and only punch when the opening is there. I don't think Maidana has that patience.

As far as Khan, we both know he has no real shot at this, I'm not claiming he does. I just think his speed will make it more competitive early on than Maidana could, but neither guy has all the tools to really pose a threat, unless Floyd has a serious night off...

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Closed Thread