The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #276
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: The Official Trophies Thread!!! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
So who here has platinumed the MGS series? MGS3 was the only one I got. The others look very overwhelming
I haven't, but that's mostly because I never got into the series. I was going to try with MGS4 after they put the trophies in, but 8 playthroughs is too much. I had the HD Trilogy and I just couldn't get through one game so I gave up.

Last edited by SpideyVille; 04-02-2013 at 09:45 PM.
SpideyVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #277
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I haven't, but that's mostly because I never got into the series. I was going to try with MGS4 after they put the trophies in, but 8 playthroughs is too much. I had the HD Trilogy and I just gotten get through one game so I gave up.
I am a big fan of the series so I can see myself attempting MGS4 but definetly not in one sitting. Id have to play, take a break and move onto other games and then come back

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #278
Iceman
Infinity War!

Wow, how does a game need 8 playthroughs?! What is the trophy?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #279
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Wow, how does a game need 8 playthroughs?! What is the trophy?
You need to get every iPod song. One song is only unlocked after getting all emblems and the shortest amount of runs to combine all emblems is 8 runs. The longest runs will be for the Chicken emblem (35 hours) and Big Boss emblem (hardest difficulty, no kills, no alerts in under 5 hours). That last one will be short if you are really good at the game but constant repeating if you fail to meet those requirements (which is likely) will make it longer. I think all the others in between can at least be obtained with the stealth camo which makes those playthroughs significantly easier and shorter.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #280
Iceman
Infinity War!

So 8 playthroughs is actually the minimum..as in if you F something up or didn't go for the emblems in an organised fashion you could end up with more?! And that last requirement sounds painful. I never liked stealth where you automatically fail if you stay undetected & have to stay undetected for a really long time. Prefer it where you can still get by if you get detected if you defeat everyone in the room even if the odds are against you doing so.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #281
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

You know, I think the most playthroughs I've done for a platinum was 3, and that was for Uncharted 1 and 2. I beat them on Normal when I got them, but then I went back a year later to finish them on Hard, and then 6 months later to finally finish them on Crushing. But I normally like to platinum games that require just one playthrough, mostly because I rent games now so i try to get rid of them as fast as I can.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #282
Iceman
Infinity War!

I just did LOTR: war in the North over 3 required playthroughs on co-op and missed 1 missable achievement (only 1 person can get it per playthrough). If I could go through it again on a lower difficulty with my current character I'd think about redoing it but as that option doesn't exist I can't be bothered to 100% it any more. For games like Mass Effect & Gears of War where I've had a load of problems with achievement glitches I've replayed them on hardest difficulty a few times but I didn't mind as much as I enjoyed the games so much. For lesser games I haven't got that kind of patience any more. I'll let the 99% completion stand as my protest against stupid achievements/trophies in less-than-the-best games.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #283
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
So 8 playthroughs is actually the minimum..as in if you F something up or didn't go for the emblems in an organised fashion you could end up with more?! And that last requirement sounds painful. I never liked stealth where you automatically fail if you stay undetected & have to stay undetected for a really long time. Prefer it where you can still get by if you get detected if you defeat everyone in the room even if the odds are against you doing so.
Stealth runs are not that difficult. With the exception of MGS1 which didnt have a nonlethal gun, Ive never beaten an MGS game with kills or alerts. It actually feels weird going into this having to kill for those emblems which require it. Its easier than you might think as long as you take your time. The time constraint on the hardest difficulty is what will make it difficult bc trying to be stealthy while going fast will be a challenge. On normal, its very obtainable. Besides MGS4 is built differenly than past MGS games as the gameplay lends itself to open combat. In past games, if you werent stealthy, you would easily be ovewhelmed and likely dead as a result, but here thats not the case

Old 04-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #284
Iceman
Infinity War!

Ok good to hear. For a top game with achievable/fair trophies/achievements I could do many playthroughs. I'd just spread them out over a year or so.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #285
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Getting MGS4's platinum killed any remaining love in my heart for that game. Now I want it to die with fire.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #286
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
Getting MGS4's platinum killed any remaining love in my heart for that game. Now I want it to die with fire.
Lol, I was gonna go trophy hunting and doing the chicken emblem stuff first but decided to play on final normal run before I torture myself that way

Old 04-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #287
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

I'm beyond impressed and shocked on how many platinum trophies some of you guys have. I've recently gotten the itch to try and get some more after getting my second recently.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #288
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

#54 is BioShock Infinite which, I must admit, I absolutely adored.

I'm definitely going to Platinum God of War: Ascension, and probably Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Sly 4. Dead Space 3 will come when I have a co-op partner, but screw Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Rising. Online trophies for the first and the second? Well I just don't hate my fingers that much.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #289
Havok83
Side-Kick

Whats wrong with MGR? I just beat MGS4 so Im gonna FINALLY start playing my copy of MGR. Is it a difficult one?

Oh and how difficult was Bioshock? I thought 1 was easy but online killed 2 for me. I hear 1999 mode in Infinite is a real b-tch.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #290
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

It's a brutally difficult platinum - it asks you to get an S rank of every level on the game's hardest difficulty. I really struggled just playing on Hard without aiming for an S rank. Plus you have to score first in all VR Missions. It's basically a platinum that's exclusive for those that can play a DMC game with their eyes shut.

BioShock was a piece of cake. 1999 mode gave me no trouble at all, I beat it today with about 3 or 4 deaths throughout the whole runthrough. To save effort it's a good idea to keep track of the Voxophones as you pick them up, same for the Sightseers trophy. I spent a good 4 or 5 hours going back and hunting all that down after my second playthrough.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #291
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
I'm definitely going to Platinum God of War: Ascension, and probably Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Sly 4. Dead Space 3 will come when I have a co-op partner, but screw Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Rising. Online trophies for the first and the second? Well I just don't hate my fingers that much.
I'm really enjoying Tomb Raider at the moment, and I love platting games that blow me away. But I'm just unsure if I want to go through online in getting that one in particular.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #292
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Apparently to get everything from the multiplayer store you have to level up about 3 different profiles. Screw. That.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #293
JaD
Thriller Night

I thought the same thing with GTA IV and it's insane multiplayer but I made the choice to do it. When I finish single player or if I take a closer look now at the trophies I might decide to go for it and get it out of the way early then enjoy the rest of the game.

James Dean
Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #294
Iceman
Infinity War!

On Tomb Raider you can get most of the multiplayer achievements quite easily can't you? Just a couple of crap ones if you're going for 100% right?

Old 04-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #295
JaD
Thriller Night

I don't know, I haven't really studied them all that much yet but from a few glances at them some will come through natural multiplayer/grinding and some others were pretty specific. It does seem more MP heavy than it should be, especially since it's not even a proven multiplayer yet. I don't know why these developers think they can put 50+ hours of MP content into a game that we're getting introduced to. Maybe if it's a hit you can give us that much content next time

James Dean
Old 04-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #296
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

The only game with MP trophies that I've got the Platinum in is, uh, Medal of Honor. And I had to boost that to get it.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #297
JaD
Thriller Night

I prefer something along the lines of Win 10 Online matches or something, or Reach Level 20. Uncharted always had some decent online stuff.

But when they ask "Reach the Maximum Rank", "Win 10 consecutive online matches", "Have your random coop partner balance on a metal beam playing hackey-sack during online battle", in addition to all the single player playthroughs it's like come on, man. You already got my money for buying the game, don't make me have to put off other ones so I can deal with your sketchy servers and online crap.

James Dean
Old 04-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #298
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah Uncharted did it right because their MP trophies were more along the lines of "Try this mode out" or "Play one of these matches".

Old 04-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #299
Havok83
Side-Kick

Unless a game lacks a substantial single player component, online trophies should be limited to DLC

Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #300
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I can almost deal with MP trophies, but I hate the ones that require you to play with people on your friends list. I have like 5 people on my list, and they're all people that I know personally, but never do anything with simply because I don't play games like CoD that are mostly played online. So I really get mad when they tell you something like "Interact with 5 different people from your Friends List" because it usually means I would have to friend random people who are also playing the game when I am. I've recently had this issue with Borderlands 2 and Portal 2 and have pretty much given up on them since I was only renting them and was hoping to get them all quickly.