The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: Ragnarok

Old 02-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #376
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Default Re: Cate Blanchett is the Mysterious & Powerful Villainess HELA! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfiniel View Post
^ I love the look on her face in that scene as she's looking at Asgard, she's like 'Playtime, *****es'.

This is so awesome, Heladriel:

Hela vs. Dark Galadriel (with the One Ring) would be ridiculously epic, I have absolutely no clue who would win.
Oh my...that art is so beautiful.

Hats off to...*sees a name on the piece and looks closely at it* ...Dong...um. Thank you.

"Sometimes creators draw inspiration from other works and change the details in order to fit their stories. This is not a difficult concept to grasp." - Norse Mythology vs Thor Comicbooks vs the MCU films.
Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #377
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Default Re: Cate Blanchett is the Mysterious & Powerful Villainess HELA! - Part 1

Beautiful drawing.

HammerDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:56 PM   #378
Guard82
Side-Kick

Love that picture.

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #379
Kev4000
Side-Kick

This Picture nails it. Good Job

Old 02-04-2018, 11:03 AM   #380
Finarfiniel
Dance Apocalyptic

Reason #42825 why Hela is the best: Have an entire army laid out before you with their weapons raised? Check your nails. She gives no ****s whatsoever.

"You leapt from crumbling bridges watching cityscapes turn to dust."

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Finarfiniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #381
Blitzkrieg
Monkey Business

I saw the movie earlier today and I was frankly expecting a lot more from Hela. Blanchett's performance was good but I was expecting so much more. I thought she wasn't given a lot to work with. Plus I was also thought that I'll come out of the movie thinking Hela was the most memorable character what with Cate's awesome scenery chewing goodness but it didn't really leave a mark. I did like the part where she casually and nonchalantly destroys a whole army of Asgardians soldiers. The action was a bit chaotic but it was an awesome sequence. It was clear that Cate was having a lot of fun in that scene. The throne room fight with Thor was pretty cool as well.

BTDubz, she wasn't explicitly killed on-screen, right?? So could she still make a comeback in A:IW??

Old 02-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #382
terry78
I don't die, fool

It was kinda hard to really stand out since everyone in the movie was kind of acting nuts.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #383
Blitzkrieg
Monkey Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
It was kinda hard to really stand out since everyone in the movie was kind of acting nuts.
I'm surprised because before the release of Ragnarok I was totally convinced that Cate will be the best thing about the movie. While she was still good in the movie, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed because I was expecting a whole lot more. I probably set my expectations too high to begin with so that's on me. I feel that Taika & Co. got the main players right (Thor, Hulk & Valkyrie) so Hela not being the standout act didn't really matter much.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:49 PM   #384
Finarfiniel
Dance Apocalyptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
I saw the movie earlier today and I was frankly expecting a lot more from Hela. Blanchett's performance was good but I was expecting so much more. I thought she wasn't given a lot to work with. Plus I was also thought that I'll come out of the movie thinking Hela was the most memorable character what with Cate's awesome scenery chewing goodness but it didn't really leave a mark. I did like the part where she casually and nonchalantly destroys a whole army of Asgardians soldiers. The action was a bit chaotic but it was an awesome sequence. It was clear that Cate was having a lot of fun in that scene. The throne room fight with Thor was pretty cool as well.

BTDubz, she wasn't explicitly killed on-screen, right?? So could she still make a comeback in A:IW??
Blanchett's performance was perfection (as a long time fan of comics Hela, she absolutely nailed her bombastic, vain, grandiose personality), she was by far and away the biggest highlight of the film for me. The issue (and my main issue with the movie overall, despite how much I love it) is that there just isn't enough of her. The balance between the action on Sakaar and the action on Asgard in the middle of the film is slightly off, there's one point where Hela doesn't appear on screen for like 20-25 minutes and it's a real shame. Like I said, I adore Ragnarok, but it really would have benefitted hugely from spending just a little more time developing Hela, showing flashbacks of her and Odin's conquests and letting her have more interaction with Thor and Loki before the big finale.

It's why we desperately need more Hela in the MCU, setting up such a great character but not giving her enough development and making her a one and done would be one of the MCU's biggest mistakes ever, IMO. Especially considering Cate has openly expressed how much she enjoyed making Ragnarok and how she's up for more Hela. Praying that she'll show up in IW and/or A4, I still completely believe it's very possible.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:30 PM   #385
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Im hoping shes not a one and done deal. It would be a big mistake. I want to see more of her

"Sometimes creators draw inspiration from other works and change the details in order to fit their stories. This is not a difficult concept to grasp." - Norse Mythology vs Thor Comicbooks vs the MCU films.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #386
Finarfiniel
Dance Apocalyptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Koren View Post
Im hoping shes not a one and done deal. It would be a big mistake. I want to see more of her
If we gather enough of us to picket and chain ourselves to railings outside of Marvel Studios HQ, maybe Lord Feige will take notice and grant us more Hela.

I wish people on social media would stop trying to murder me by constantly posting pics from this scene:

Never. Gets. Old.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #387
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Lol. I knows. Waiting for your presence on discord

Old 02-07-2018, 11:01 PM   #388
galadriel01
Newbie First Class

New Hela BTS

http://www.eonline.com/news/912047/g...cate-blanchett

galadriel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:58 AM   #389
galadriel01
Newbie First Class

Hela Hot!

galadriel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #390
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Old 02-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #391
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Here is the reason why Hela could destroy mjolnir.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:23 AM   #392
Finarfiniel
Dance Apocalyptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by galadriel01 View Post
Hela Hot!

More Cate butt. She must be the only person in history who has made a mo-cap suit and cap look that good.

This fan video is so good:

I wish they'd used the Ciara version of 'Paint It, Black' but oh well, still really good.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:47 AM   #393
Finarfiniel
Dance Apocalyptic

More awesome Hela concept art by Aleksi Bricot:

Old 02-15-2018, 08:54 AM   #394
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

I want more CateHela its killing me slowly inside.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:09 AM   #395
Finarfiniel
Dance Apocalyptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Koren View Post
I want more CateHela its killing me slowly inside.
I know, dude. Here's some cool fan art to help ease the slow, painful death:

Old 02-17-2018, 06:13 AM   #396
Iceman
Infinity War!

I love all the art on this page

Old 02-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #397
Finarfiniel
Dance Apocalyptic

Bless her.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:41 PM   #398
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

It does look like Hela teleports in the last second.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:23 AM   #399
Finarfiniel
Dance Apocalyptic

I've been staring at that gif for what feels like hours, and I just can't figure out whether the green flash of smoke is supposed to represent her teleporting away, or it's just supposed to be her exploding into energy (or something) at the moment of her death. When you first look at it, it looks like Surtur's sword strikes her, but when you look closer I don't think it actually does, it seems to strike the black spikey thing behind the one that she's standing on, if it struck her and the spike that she's standing on then that spike would have broken up and collapsed immediately, but it doesn't. There's definitely something going on there, the guys doing the CGI have put particular effort and detail into that shot, and it must be for a reason.

Meanwhile, I'm fairly convinced that Marvel is now actively trolling all of us. The official Marvel twitter account posted a short video of Hela last night with the cryptic caption 'The dead will rise'. Is that supposed to be some kind of hint of Hela's possible return?? Sure, you could argue that it was merely to promote the digital/home release of Ragnarok, but the video doesn't mention that at all apart from a small logo in the corner that is mostly hidden behind the play button. Usually their promotional videos actually say what they're promoting (such as 'Thor: Ragnarok: Available for digital download on x date and on Blu-ray/DVD on x date' but it does none of that, it's just a short vid of Hela in Ragnarok raising the soldiers from the dead with the words 'Fear the Dead' featured in it. Damn it Marvel, stop being so cryptic!

Old 02-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #400
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

I really hope Hela comes back. The only issue with her in Ragnarok had to do with the script and how she didn't have more to do, how we didn't get even more of her backstory, her motivations, truly fleshed out... we just needed more of her. CB performance was mesmerizing, Hela look was just top notch with the insane "antlers" and the green suit. Her skill set, the way she moved and talked, the swagger... It truly would be a shame not having her back.