The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-29-2014, 07:22 PM   #601
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: Post iconic/memorable scenes you would like to see adapted for Batman vs. Superma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
Ha, this is great. Imagine this exact scene with Amy as the silhouette and Henry getting excited.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #602
InJustice
Side-Kick

Default Re: Post iconic/memorable scenes you would like to see adapted for Batman vs. Superma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Ha, this is great. Imagine this exact scene with Amy as the silhouette and Henry getting excited.
Clark's face when Lois's silouette

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #603
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:34 AM   #604
Mrs. Wayne

, God forbid Lois unbuttons one button on her blouse and Clark levels Metropolis with that heat vision.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #605
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Well I couldn't find the page in between, but essentially Superman told Batman that there's a darkness within him and that he (Batman) is less connected to humanity than him.

Here's the whole exchange from that page:

Batman (with a smirk): I guess you do have something to get off your chest...

Superman: My life is motivated by what I believe is love, while yours... there's a darkness in you that's ugly. Very ugly... and it will kill you."

Batman: "Nothing can kill me. Anything that tries makes me stronger."

Superman: "You're less connected to humanity than I am."

Batman: "You're here to save me?"

Superman: "I can't do that. You're the best, but I need you to be better. I need to know that you'll try to find peace."

Batman: "I will...when my war is over."

And then, this:

KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:06 AM   #606
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post

That was definitely one of the most epic shots in MOS. I actually kind of would have liked to see them hold off on it until the end having him held down and then having him come out with that similar to the big reveal of Godzilla's atomic breathe in the last film.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:52 AM   #607
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
That was definitely one of the most epic shots in MOS. I actually kind of would have liked to see them hold off on it until the end having him held down and then having him come out with that similar to the big reveal of Godzilla's atomic breathe in the last film.
Agreed, even if they just showed up how he used his heat vision in the beginning of the movie, where only his eyes heat up instead of an actual beam.

matt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:02 AM   #608
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerWolf View Post

Well I couldn't find the page in between, but essentially Superman told Batman that there's a darkness within him and that he (Batman) is less connected to humanity than him.

Here's the whole exchange from that page:

Batman (with a smirk): I guess you do have something to get off your chest...

Superman: My life is motivated by what I believe is love, while yours... there's a darkness in you that's ugly. Very ugly... and it will kill you."

Batman: "Nothing can kill me. Anything that tries makes me stronger."

Superman: "You're less connected to humanity than I am."

Batman: "You're here to save me?"

Superman: "I can't do that. You're the best, but I need you to be better. I need to know that you'll try to find peace."

Batman: "I will...when my war is over."

And then, this:

I don't know what Superman means by "you're the best", and what I also don't understand is why suddenly Batman prefers to be called 'Bruce', whereas in most incarnations of Batman, Bruce seems to have always seen himself as Batman in a lind of arrogant way.

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #609
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
I don't know what Superman means by "you're the best"
See second page: "Through sheer determined will, you've made yourself the best you can be." It's extension of this line. More so, by the "best" he was referring to Bruce's achievement of becoming peak human in many areas, but by "I need you to be better" he meant that he wanted him to be better than that obsessive darkness he always carries within him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
and what I also don't understand is why suddenly Batman prefers to be called 'Bruce', whereas in most incarnations of Batman, Bruce seems to have always seen himself as Batman in a lind of arrogant way.
I believe it was mostly a ticked off response to Clarks insistence to be called Kal-El. You've got to read those issues to get full grasp behind that, though.
And also, don't forget that Bruce and Clark are friends and have always called one another on first name basis, so it's actually Superman who is out of character here (which was deliberate in this arc) when he calls Bruce "Batman" and Bruce responds to that.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:04 AM   #610
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Quote:
See second page: "Through sheer determined will, you've made yourself the best you can be." It's extension of this line. More so, by the "best" he was referring to Bruce's achievement of becoming peak human in many areas, but by "I need you to be better" he meant that he wanted him to be better than that obsessive darkness he always carries within him.

I believe it was mostly a ticked off response to Clarks insistence to be called Kal-El. You've got to read those issues to get full grasp behind that, though.
And also, don't forget that Bruce and Clark are friends and have always called one another on first name basis, so it's actually Superman who is out of character here (which was deliberate in this arc) when he calls Bruce "Batman" and Bruce responds to that.
Understood

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #611
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
I hate this scene. Batman is depicted as a violent idiot (who tries to punch Superman for no reason) and Superman comes off as a boastful dick.

It completely fails to capture either character, and ends up making both look like bro douchebags. It's like someone decided to take the mindset fanboys have about the rivalry between Batman and Superman and actually apply it to the characters, like bad fan fiction. I understand that Superman wasn't in a great mindset in this story, but all the same.

Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #612
SofNascimento
Banned User

It's from 'For Tomorrow', isn't it? I want to pick in up, I've only read some pieces. Azzarello is brilliant. I wonder if how this take on Superman is.

SofNascimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #613
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Yeah, it is from "For Tomorrow". It's good, though I found a pace of the narrative to stand out on some occasions and be either too slow or too fast, still not to a large degree.

It should be said that Superman in those issues is a bit more grim than what we're used to, but it makes sense within the storyline and, at least to me, it makes him more human and relatable. There's actually an interesting depiction of difference in how people see him as a godlike being and his inner conflicts and willingness to do what he perceives as right despite some of them.

And there's also some very well written inner monologue that shows that depth of his character and for that alone I'd recommend you to read it.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #614
Llama_Shepherd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
It's from 'For Tomorrow', isn't it? I want to pick in up, I've only read some pieces. Azzarello is brilliant. I wonder if how this take on Superman is.
For Tomorrow vastly pales in comparison to Luthor.

However, a lot of people like Jim Lee's art, so you could buy it for that. It does try to get into the head of a Superman who has basically "lost" by the beginning, but doesn't really develop it.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #615
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
I hate this scene. Batman is depicted as a violent idiot (who tries to punch Superman for no reason) and Superman comes off as a boastful dick.

It completely fails to capture either character, and ends up making both look like bro douchebags. It's like someone decided to take the mindset fanboys have about the rivalry between Batman and Superman and actually apply it to the characters, like bad fan fiction. I understand that Superman wasn't in a great mindset in this story, but all the same.
I kind understand what you're talking about, it felt a bit forced when I was reading it for the first time, but it's not really the first and only time for Batman to react impulsively and trying to hit someone without a second thought. He is supposed to be a bit of jerk, especially when he's on the patrol and gets in that state of mind.

And I don't agree that it was for no reason, at least not for Batman... it's exactly how I'd expect him to react when someone suddenly turns up in his city and starts doing his job right in front of him (and also the police and witnesses), it was like Superman tried to humiliate him by showing his dominance over him to Batman and the people of Gotham.

Superman was definitely a bit jerk of here, but as I said before, and as you recognized it yourself, he is supposed to be out of his usual character in this arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post

However, a lot of people like Jim Lee's art, so you could buy it for that. It does try to get into the head of a Superman who has basically "lost" by the beginning, but doesn't really develop it.

I forgot to add that it indeed fell flat in the end.

But it had few very good moments of getting into Supermans head here and there.

Last edited by KillerWolf; 09-01-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #616
SofNascimento
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I'm confused. What story is that?

Old 09-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #617
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
I'm confused. What story is that?
Lex Luthor: Man of Steel. It's a Superman story told from Lex's point of view and it's amazing.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #618
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel is definitely my favorite Luthor story.

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #619
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

If that's the only comic Eisenberg reads then I'd be happy.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #620
Llama_Shepherd
Banned User

I actually just flipped through For Tomorrow because of this little discussion. And despite not being that great, particularly toward the ending, I think it could work really well as the premise for a film, particularly in this cinematic world.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #621
SofNascimento
Banned User

Speaking of Azzarello, this is one particularly move I want to see happening:

Old 09-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #622
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

There should be a scene with a parked Batmobile.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #623
batmanao23
WB ain't messin'

With these two inside.

batmanao23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #624
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
I kind understand what you're talking about, it felt a bit forced when I was reading it for the first time, but it's not really the first and only time for Batman to react impulsively and trying to hit someone without a second thought. He is supposed to be a bit of jerk, especially when he's on the patrol and gets in that state of mind.

And I don't agree that it was for no reason, at least not for Batman... it's exactly how I'd expect him to react when someone suddenly turns up in his city and starts doing his job right in front of him (and also the police and witnesses), it was like Superman tried to humiliate him by showing his dominance over him to Batman and the people of Gotham.
I feel that any interpretation of Batman that depicts him as some kind of irrational, blindly territorial d-bag who is also stupid enough to try and punch Superman because he's beefin' over turf is, frankly, deeply misguided.

Yes, Batman can be a jerk, and he feels a sense of ownership of Gotham city--that doesn't make him a soccer hooligan who throws punches at guys because they're wearing the wrong colours.

Last edited by Saint; 09-01-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #625
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Give or take a few characters.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote