The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2018, 02:05 PM   #11
Tag team champion
Default Re: DC to "Rebirth" in June - Part 2

Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
Mm...Detective's last good arc IMO was the Lady Shiva one...and even that one started to falter the longer it went on. Lonely Place of Living started so well, and it didn't do it for me once we got to the rest of the arc.

Also, both books have been requiring me to not question big things and just ignore them, like in Batman's arc where Catwoman and Batman went over to that forbidden Middle East country we where told there would be inescapable repercussions for them breaking a law even the JL couldn't be pardoned from, and the by the next arc, nothing happens. Hell, Bats and Cats even go out on a date with Superman, the guy who was supposed to bring them in after crossing over into the forbidden country, or how Spoiler has been rebelling against the Gotham Knights and even joined up with Anarky, but once Tim comes back, we just fast forward ahead to see everything's been forgiven off-panel, I'm assuming?
I loved the Shiva arc. I’ve always felt the relationship between her and Cassandra is untapped potential. And I loved Lonely Place Of Dying and feel that it is continued well with the Super Sons Of Tomorrow story.

I love Detective but all that said, it does feel overcrowded sometimes. And Kate isn’t really that likable. The stuff with Stephanie seemed like it had potential but I agree it was just kind of dropped.

"We’re pinched for sure."
“Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive.”
Babillygunn is offline   Reply With Quote