The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #76
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Default Re: I don't get the Wrath of Khan reference

Wrath of Khan is the perfect analogy for the situation we Superman fans find ourselves in right now. Like the first Star Trek movie, SR was a decent hit but was a flawed film that could have been a lot better. The biggest problem in both was a lack of action. Wrath of Khan corrected the course of Star Trek, and hopefully SRII could do the same for the Superman franchise.

It's possible, but after SR it's hard for me to have faith in Singer. This was his dream project, but in the end his fandom for the Donner film at the expense of the broader Superman mythos did the film in; it felt like a total retread. Basically, Singer hasn't proven to me that he has any original ideas - at least, any that aren't going to suck (Jason).

Ideally, what I would like to see in a SR sequel would be more of what I wanted to see in SR itself. That is, more depth to Clark, Lex using the Vanderworth fortune to start Lexcorp, etc. Seriously, the pre-Crisis Lex just doesn't cut it anymore. And if we can have a really amazing supervillain, then it'll all be good. At the very least, how about giving more lines to Brandon? Jesus, he had so little dialogue in SR that you just didn't really connect to the character at all. Making Superman the focus of a Superman movie is probably a better idea.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #77
Kabuki_Jo
Side-Kick

Default Re: Maybe these fights could inspire Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation
see though, I don't want it that Superman has to use his smarts to beat his opponent...

what I want to see is Superman sure getting his ass kicked but then much like he did to Captain Atom and how he eventually defeated Darkseid in TAS and beating him bad in the last JLU episode, I want to see him come out on top using his fists... not some trickery or some other form of crap. That's batman.

I mean sure, use some level of smarts, but ultimately I want to see him POUND the living hell out of the villain when he gets angry enough...

Old 09-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #78
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Director Bryan Singer recently talked to TodayOnline.com about what he meant to July's Comic-Con attendees by going Wrath of Khan in the next Superman installment, referring to the Star Trek film.

"What I was referring to was the fact that, when you do a first film like X-Men, for example, you're introducing a world and a set of characters. Once those characters are introduced, once we've lived with them for awhile and we know them, when you get into a second film like an Empire Strikes Back or a Wrath of Khan, you can make an action-adventure film and you don't have to bank all that time getting to know the characters. Now you can raise the stakes, raise the jeopardy and make a leaner, meaner movie."

http://www.brandonrouth.com/2006/09/...an-sequel.html

Old 09-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #79
ReTrO JuNkIe 42
Side-Kick

KHaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!! sorry still hope he does'nt use Zod in the new one

You can't teach greatness, only inspire it
Old 09-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #80
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

due to the fact the crystals are still on NEW KRYPTON, I'm going for Brainiac to be in the sequel .

Old 09-22-2006, 04:42 PM   #81
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8
due to the fact the crystals are still on NEW KRYPTON, I'm going for Brainiac to be in the sequel .
Do you think the Crystals will attract Brainaick or spawn him in some way

I thought about that as well but again I wish there was some kind of ciruitry or technology accociated with such an idea.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #82
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weadazoid
Do you think the Crystals will attract Brainaick or spawn him in some way

I thought about that as well but again I wish there was some kind of ciruitry or technology accociated with such an idea.
I'm going with the idea that Brainiac is from Krypton and in the crystal jor-EL sent with Kal-EL to Earth that created The Fortress Of Solitude, one of them contains Brainiac's deta. So possible he a spawn .

Old 09-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #83
kg576094
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki_Jo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLPDw2iTeU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0VNjribyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo6F4xYTvA

I think this gives a great idea of what Superman can do while fighting and enemy that physically matches him.
It would be really cool to see those implemented on film.

What are your thoughts?

One more fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1uS2ztPaCU

wow the first fight remind me of WWE while the second looks like Neo vs Smith final fight. After so much fighting and damage, both still look unchanged and unhurt?? maybe because it is afterall a cartoon for kids

Old 09-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #84
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki_Jo
Is Drakseid powerful to the point of killing Superman?
I thought only doomsday was able to accomplish such a thing.
didnt doomsday like totallly own darkseid?

Old 09-23-2006, 06:20 AM   #85
echostation
Banned User

Superman would've beaten down Doomsday (and he did) EASIER if he had realized sooner in the comic that he needed to shatter doomsday's bony protrusions...

Old 09-23-2006, 08:30 AM   #86
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: Maybe these fights could inspire Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan
didnt doomsday like totallly own darkseid?

Darkseid underestimated Doomsday and was knocked out before he could correct himself.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:42 AM   #87
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
Darkseid underestimated Doomsday and was knocked out before he could correct himself.
so he gott is butt handed to him basically.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #88
The Question

Basically. But, should he meet Doomsday again, the beast wouldn;t stand a chance.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #89
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Why does everyone on here think Darkseid is so powerful, i cant see him beating Doomsday ever!!!!

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Old 09-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #90
The Question

You obviously know nothing about Darkseid. If Darkseid used the full power of the Omega Effect on Doomsday, Doomsday would literally ceace to exist. As if he had never been in the first place.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:31 AM   #91
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
You obviously know nothing about Darkseid. If Darkseid used the full power of the Omega Effect on Doomsday, Doomsday would literally ceace to exist. As if he had never been in the first place.
No i know very little of Darkseid thats why i was asking, what makes him so powerful?

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Old 09-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #92
The Question

The Omega Effect, mainly. To put it simply, the Omega Effect is the natural opposite of The Source, or God as we might say. While the Source is the driving force of creation, the Omega Effect is the driving force of uncreation. Whatever the Omega Effect is used on instantly ceaces to exist. And, Darkseid is in commant of the Omega Effect.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #93
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

^Is that the beam that comes from his eyes, because i have seen Superman survive that?

Old 09-23-2006, 11:07 AM   #94
The Question

He can use varients of the Omega Effect that are simple heat or concusion beams, but no one can survive the true power of the Omega Effect. He's just never used it on Superman before.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:11 AM   #95
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
He can use varients of the Omega Effect that are simple heat or concusion beams, but no one can survive the true power of the Omega Effect. He's just never used it on Superman before.
He used it on him in the Justice League cartoon in their fight on Brainiac's ship didnt he?

Anyway other than the Omega Beams, what is so powerful about him?

Old 09-23-2006, 11:38 AM   #96
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON
He used it on him in the Justice League cartoon in their fight on Brainiac's ship didnt he?
No. Those were the heat/concussion varients. If darkseid ever actually used the Omega Effect of Superman, Superman would be gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON
Anyway other than the Omega Beams, what is so powerful about him?
Vast superhuman strength, nigh immortality, tactical genius, high levels of skill in terms of manipulating others, an army of people who worship him as a god and are willing to die at his command, and a level of emotional detatchment that only comes from being the supreme dictator of a planet like Apocalipse.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #97
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Sorry for all the questions, but is he stronger than Superman? He didnt seem to be during their final fight in JLU.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #98
The Question

He's supposed to be stronger than Superman, but most modern writers forget this and have Superman beat the stuffing out of him regularly. In the Great Darkness Saga, he took on four beings with Kryptonian strength plus a **** load of other heroes of various powers at once and fought them to a stand still.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:58 AM   #99
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

So as with Superman, his strength varies. Hmmm know any good web sites with detailed files of Superman's villains.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #100
The Question

Wikipedia's always a good place to look.

Closed Thread