The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
There may only be one more first class sequel If there Is anymore.
Thats always the assumption with the fans. Another First Class movie featuring the younger version of Cyke, Jean and Ororo. But I don't think its necessary right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
FC3 is still going to be a pretty expensive movie. JLaw will be getting a serious bump in salary, plus all the other characters and abilities they need to bring back. I don't even think the film would be necessary if it was just going to tie in with X-1 and the trilogy.

I think the only solution is to make X4/5 work in the current continuity post future sequences in DoFP. Otherwise, if they were going to wipe away the trilogy, you want to have another trilogy of stories to take its place, and that means new movie contracts for all the FC actors and the rest of the actors they bring in, starting from scratch.

That's why FC3 into AoA works nice. Otherwise, wouldn't bother with either and just leave the franchise at that, assuming DoFP underperforms and most of the loose ends are tied up.
I doubt they would start from scratch. And even if they did, you can't simply erase that they had a connection with the OT cast in the previous films. So that wouldn't work very well compare to a complete reboot.