The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

View Poll Results: Was it believable to you that Cap could hold his own in battle against Iron Man?
Yes 65 79.27%
No 17 20.73%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #101
auditor
Side-Kick

Default Re: Was Cap being able to hold his own in battle against Iron Man believable to you?

Yes the fight with Iron Man was believable, but his fight with Spider-Man? I thought was unbelievably far fetched. When Spider-Man had Cap webbed and they both pulled on those webs tug of war style, Cap won. That is impossible. The sheer amount of force tugging on Spider-Man's arms while webslinging through the air is by itself way more force than Cap could pull off. In reality caps arms would have came right off of his body.

If caps was that strong he never would have been phased by that high fall. He'd have landed on his feet like Spider-Man.

auditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #102
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Default Re: Was Cap being able to hold his own in battle against Iron Man believable to you?

Which high fall? Given there have been quite a number of high falls that Cap has utterly shrugged off. And before you say it, Spider-man would be bruised and winded if he took the 10 story jump from Winter Soldier without a web line, too.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:48 PM   #103
auditor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Which high fall? Given there have been quite a number of high falls that Cap has utterly shrugged off. And before you say it, Spider-man would be bruised and winded if he took the 10 story jump from Winter Soldier without a web line, too.
I think he would actually land on his feet.

auditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:29 PM   #104
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

While true, that's more a matter of Spider-man's superior reflexes, IMO.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:06 PM   #105
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Winter Soldier threw a big punch at Spidey with his metal arm and had spidey casually catch his fist... if spidey negated the one physical advantage bucky had over cap so casually then fighting cap should have been manageable.... then again, if youre the headliner...

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:28 PM   #106
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post
Winter Soldier threw a big punch at Spidey with his metal arm and had spidey casually catch his fist... if spidey negated the one physical advantage bucky had over cap so casually then fighting cap should have been manageable.... then again, if youre the headliner...
Cap had plenty of trouble fighting TWS in the last movie also. He shouldn't have been able to over power Spidey at all.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:49 AM   #107
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post

That punch catch was the moment of unbelievably for me but then I prefer classic Spider-Man to modern Uber Spider-Man.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:56 AM   #108
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post

Thor head butted IM hard enough to send him flying back, yet the helmet had no damage to it after.

Watch again , there is a big dent in the helmet where Thor head butted him.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:49 AM   #109
Capsfan
Banned User

Quote:
Cap had plenty of trouble fighting TWS in the last movie also. He shouldn't have been able to over power Spidey at all.
To be fair, Bucky in WS mode is much more ruthless. In the airport he looked like he was holding back, which makes sense since he promised Steve not to kill anyone. So he recognized Spidey as a kid and decided not to use his full strength.

Capsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:14 PM   #110
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Given what we've seen Bucky do, why is "having trouble" with him supposed to be a bad thing? He's pretty much just as superhuman as Steve is.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #111
Tacit Ronin
Banned User

It was far more believable than him taking on Iron Man (even a gimped one).

Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #112
harryoscop
Banned User

In my opinion, Cap overpowering Spidey didn't make sense:

nor did him taking on Iron Man.

Last edited by harryoscop; 03-09-2017 at 08:21 PM.
harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #113
Bren
Forevernoob

In a 'Captain America' film, it made perfect sense

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #114
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

I saw cap outfighting Spidey, I didn't see it as overpowering him in the slightest.

To me, Cap was just strong enough to not get totally mowed over by Spidey...as long as he fought smart and didn't get cocky.

Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=B+, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #115
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
I saw cap outfighting Spidey, I didn't see it as overpowering him in the slightest.

To me, Cap was just strong enough to not get totally mowed over by Spidey...as long as he fought smart and didn't get cocky.
Yeah, that's my take. The IM fight though... I get it, it's Cap's film and all but it's a bit much to think ANYTHING Bucky and Cap had or innate strength, should have had the slightest effect on armor that took a tank shell with little effect. Hell, the fact that IM can attain the speeds he does really means that any blows to him that Cap and Bucky made shouldn't be felt at all.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:44 AM   #116
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post

There was a part in the fight which showed Cap overpowering Spidey, Spidey has Caps arms webbed from behind, and Cap is able pull his arms forward with enough force to also throw Spidey, while Spidey was trying to hold back his arms with webbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yeah, that's my take. The IM fight though... I get it, it's Cap's film and all but it's a bit much to think ANYTHING Bucky and Cap had or innate strength, should have had the slightest effect on armor that took a tank shell with little effect. Hell, the fact that IM can attain the speeds he does really means that any blows to him that Cap and Bucky made shouldn't be felt at all.

Agreed, for me they shouldn't have been able to do the damage to the armour they did. Bucky holding IM against the wall with arm was the worst offender when IM is strong enough to carry a tank.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #117
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
There was a part in the fight which showed Cap overpowering Spidey, Spidey has Caps arms webbed from behind, and Cap is able pull his arms forward with enough force to also throw Spidey, while Spidey was trying to hold back his arms with webbing.
I saw that too but don't take it like that at all.

Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=B+, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote