yeah should've left him with the facial hair

don't even explain it lmao

or mention movember or summit

RomanticPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #852
kguillou
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League Hypesters Review Thread [TAG SPOILERS!]

I'm willing to bet they heavily considered it, but I think they really didn't want Cavill moustached and bearded when he puts on the classic costume and joins the team..and then theres the group shot. The first Justice League group money shot. They probably felt it just wouldnt be right to have a bearded Superman for it. Not to mention the CGI people would still have their work cut out for them and adding a believable looking beard to Cavill's other scenes.

Last edited by kguillou; 01-05-2018 at 06:55 PM.
kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:55 PM   #853
chintai80
oh hi.

shouldnt have had that beginning cell phone footage.

i did not really serve any purpose.
there's better ways to show how superman's absence affected the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Scribe View Post
There is simply no reasoning with a man that has become too erect.
chintai80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #854
RomanticPenguin
Superman loves ya

Well i'm talking about just having the stache in the beginning

the CGI stache is bad everywhere else but not as bad as the beginning

this is literally the first thing people see every time this gets re-watched in the future

Old 01-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #855
kguillou
Side-Kick

That's why DVDs and Blu rays have the "skip chapter" button

1) AVENGERS: Infinity War 9/10 2) The BLACK PANTHER 9/10 3) Mission Impossible: Fallout 8.5/10 4) Pacific Rim: Uprising 5/10 :( 5) Ready Player One 8/10
kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:04 PM   #856
Elayis
Side-Kick

I like the scene, but to me the cell phone aspect of it is gimmicky and will not age well (let alone the suspect CGI). If they had simply filmed it like a regular scene, with Superman talking to a couple of kids that are filming him on their phone it would've been fine.

But combine the found footage aesthetic (which has never been done in the DCEU like that before) and the sub-par mustache removal, and it just becomes a mess.

1 The Dark Knight 2 Batman Begins 3 X-Men 4 Iron Man 5 Dark Knight Rises 6 X2 7 Kick-Ass 8 Hulk 9 Spider-Man 10 X-Men: First Class 11 Spider-Man 2 12 Superman: The Movie 13 Constantine '05 14 Age of Ultron 15 Black Panther 16 Wonder Woman
Elayis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #857
RomanticPenguin
Superman loves ya

love me some civilian superman recordings

Old 01-07-2018, 11:35 PM   #858
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Characters are likable, that was my first and main demand, I'm glad they delivered.
Superman interacting with children filming him and there is a smile on his face feels like we entered a completely different world after BvS, nothing about BvS take of the character made me believe this is a Superman that smiles and talks to people, although he smiled enough in Man of Steel.

Effects are obviously underwhelming, they look like they belong to a 2006 movie.

I could swear they have the quick change switch from the Adam West series, the way they change in and out of costume when moving reminded me instantly of this.

Something about this Batman feels wrong. You get a guy who is almost always prepared speak the line "I don't need to know the world, I need to save it", and then when Steppenwolf is on his vehicle he cracks the one-liner about that dude being tall, it felt without conviction driving it.

The story did make me raise a number of questions, but at the very least it felt coherent and characters motivation did not seem to change from one scene to the following, so that is something to appreciate.

While certainly not anyone's dream Justice League movie, I find it rather serviceable for what it is, but in the case of a team movie gathering Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and a few more fan favorites... serviceable is a disappointment.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #859
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintai80 View Post
shouldnt have had that beginning cell phone footage.

i did not really serve any purpose.
there's better ways to show how superman's absence affected the world.
Yup. I was thinking a montage of different news outlets from around the world reporting on disasters and accidents that have happened in Superman's abesence and the high death tolls from them, and knowing that if Superman had of been around, alot of those lives would have been saved.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #860
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I finally saw this movie and holy **** what a waste.

Killing Superman off in BvS was clearly a mistake, because this entire movie is burdened by having to get him back into the universe in a rushed Return storyline. Instead of Superman interacting with the team and taking a role in forming a team, he becomes a plot mcguffin and a super weapon that makes the rest of the team pointless.

The Parademon and Stephenwolf invasion should've been a global threat. You should've had heroes like Superman and The Flash having their powers pushed to the limit trying to go all around the world fighting these things and trying to stop them. It should've had a massive global scope to it. Instead it feels small in comparison to the first Avengers movie. That movie was very contained until we got the Battle of NY and then it got big real quick because we got the heroes trying to save an entire city from aliens. Here the Justice League are fighting their big villain on a small soundstage and it felt cheap as hell by comparison.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:58 AM   #861
domeda
Banned User

Just a big piece of garbage

domeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:02 AM   #862
markjoedelonge
Cap of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Characters are likable, that was my first and main demand, I'm glad they delivered.
Superman interacting with children filming him and there is a smile on his face feels like we entered a completely different world after BvS, nothing about BvS take of the character made me believe this is a Superman that smiles and talks to people, although he smiled enough in Man of Steel.

Effects are obviously underwhelming, they look like they belong to a 2006 movie.

I could swear they have the quick change switch from the Adam West series, the way they change in and out of costume when moving reminded me instantly of this.

Something about this Batman feels wrong. You get a guy who is almost always prepared speak the line "I don't need to know the world, I need to save it", and then when Steppenwolf is on his vehicle he cracks the one-liner about that dude being tall, it felt without conviction driving it.

The story did make me raise a number of questions, but at the very least it felt coherent and characters motivation did not seem to change from one scene to the following, so that is something to appreciate.

While certainly not anyone's dream Justice League movie, I find it rather serviceable for what it is, but in the case of a team movie gathering Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and a few more fan favorites... serviceable is a disappointment.
Bang on.

DCEU ratings: MOS (8/10) | BvS (9/10) | SS (5/10) | WW (9.5/10) | JL (7/10)
markjoedelonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:48 AM   #863
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post

In the comics, one-liners work fine for Batman when written in the form of a speech bubble. In reality, Affleck's gruff voice and slow delivery (compared to, for example, Barry Allen's quick style) ends up leaving one-liners feeling laborious rather than humorous. Pretty much every comedic line by Batman in JL felt out of place to me. Wasn't much different when Bale did it too. IMO introducing comedy to Batman never really works properly if you want the character taken seriously.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:52 AM   #864
markjoedelonge
Cap of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
In the comics, one-liners work fine for Batman when written in the form of a speech bubble. In reality, Affleck's gruff voice and slow delivery (compared to, for example, Barry Allen's quick style) ends up leaving one-liners feeling laborious rather than humorous. Pretty much every comedic line by Batman in JL felt out of place to me. Wasn't much different when Bale did it too. IMO introducing comedy to Batman never really works properly if you want the character taken seriously.
The problem with Batman's lines in JL is that he's not talking to anyone when he spouts those lines. He's saying it for the audience's benefit, which makes the line come off as corny and unnatural.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:05 AM   #865
Consona
^^^!NOT MY NICKNAME!^^^

I think Affleck was as professional as humanly possible considering the fact he hated the reshoot material.

Consona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:12 AM   #866
_Superman_
Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consona View Post
I think Affleck was as professional as humanly possible considering the fact he hated the reshoot material.
All of them hated it not just Affleck.

_Superman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:54 PM   #867
BH/HHH
You Are My World

I saw Justice League twice at the cinema back when it was released, first time I loved it but second time I didn’t quite enjoy it as much (although that may have been the conditions as I recall the cinema was freezing). Well I finally bought the Blu Ray last week so my brother could see it for the first time and we could review it for our upcoming podcast. He watched it last night but is waiting to tell me his thoughts until we record our episode either tomorrow or Thursday. I do know that my sister in law really liked it and my nephew loved it. Knowing I’ve been set to rewatch it all day I’ve had a tinge of excitement in my stomach. Almost like it was going to be the first time I viewed it again. Anyway having just rewatched it for only my 3rd ever viewing I can safely say I’m back to loving this movie. No I still don’t think it’s perfect and I can tell what Snyder shot and what he didn’t but I didn’t let that distract me and I just enjoyed the heck out of it. Even Cavill’s CG mouth didn’t distract me as it did on both the 1st and 2nd viewings but I will say this also that it didn’t look as bad as I remembered sans for the opening scene and the scene with Lois in the corn field. I can safely say I’m satisfied with this movie (but I still wanna see the Snyder cut). While it isn’t perfect it’s damn fun and for me captured the feel of the Justice League Animated series (which I love). It’s a 7-7.5/10 for me and that’s fine honestly. I’m looking forward to talking about it on my podcast.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:28 PM   #868
Travesty
Side-Kick

lol, I've been meaning to rewatch this movie again. It was on a one day flash sale for the digital version, so I bought it for $5, and I've had it for about 2 months, and I haven't even watched it.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:34 AM   #869
markjoedelonge
Cap of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I saw Justice League twice at the cinema back when it was released, first time I loved it but second time I didn’t quite enjoy it as much (although that may have been the conditions as I recall the cinema was freezing). Well I finally bought the Blu Ray last week so my brother could see it for the first time and we could review it for our upcoming podcast. He watched it last night but is waiting to tell me his thoughts until we record our episode either tomorrow or Thursday. I do know that my sister in law really liked it and my nephew loved it. Knowing I’ve been set to rewatch it all day I’ve had a tinge of excitement in my stomach. Almost like it was going to be the first time I viewed it again. Anyway having just rewatched it for only my 3rd ever viewing I can safely say I’m back to loving this movie. No I still don’t think it’s perfect and I can tell what Snyder shot and what he didn’t but I didn’t let that distract me and I just enjoyed the heck out of it. Even Cavill’s CG mouth didn’t distract me as it did on both the 1st and 2nd viewings but I will say this also that it didn’t look as bad as I remembered sans for the opening scene and the scene with Lois in the corn field. I can safely say I’m satisfied with this movie (but I still wanna see the Snyder cut). While it isn’t perfect it’s damn fun and for me captured the feel of the Justice League Animated series (which I love). It’s a 7-7.5/10 for me and that’s fine honestly. I’m looking forward to talking about it on my podcast.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #870
dougal
Side-Kick

Yeah, it has been on HBO and I have watched it 2-3 times again. Honestly, it gets worse and worse each time. The dialogue is terrible. The action is terrible. Steppenwolf is terrible. Really, after watching Black Panther and Infinity wars, DC should just shut down their entire operation. Really. And I am a Superman/Batman/JL guy.

dougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #871
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Speaking of my podcast here’s the review from the pod:
https://youtu.be/loXbV8GAbGE

Alternatively you can listen on Podbean or iTunes just search MBP Movie Podcast.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote