The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

Old 11-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #76
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Default Re: Daniel Bruhl Joins the Cast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It's Strucker's actually.
They are going after VS, but he could be using Zemo castle

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #77
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

I think It has to be Zemo.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #78
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Or you know we can bring in OTHER cool Cap villains that we haven't seen yet, like Zemo for example.
What, exactly, is cool about Baron Zemo? Normal guy, stereotypical neo-Nazi scenery-chewer still fighting WWII after 70+ years, good with a rifle and an ordinary sword, wears a bright purple mask, leads a small team of 3rd-string henchvillains nobody's ever heard of, prime motivation is a stereotypical mission to avenge a dead (grand)parent-villain audiences have never heard of or given reason to care about, and whose only noteworthy "superweapon" is a signature glue gun....? *Strongly* doubt audiences would be the least bit impressed.

Variety reports that he's not the main villain in CACW, but more or less sets up for a meatier role as a Dr. Strange nemesis. That should indicate right there that this is a cosmic/magic character that probably links the Civil War to Bigger Forces That Man Was Not Meant to Know. Mordo, Dormammu, somebody Thanos-related like Mephisto or Nightmare; or even a Red Skull who has returned From Beyond, now armed with Higher Powers.

Zemo is too bush-league for the events that CACW promises to unfold. Think bigger.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #79
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
What, exactly, is cool about Baron Zemo? Normal guy, stereotypical neo-Nazi scenery-chewer still fighting WWII after 70+ years, good with a rifle and an ordinary sword, wears a bright purple mask, leads a small team of 3rd-string henchvillains nobody's ever heard of, prime motivation is a stereotypical mission to avenge a dead (grand)parent-villain audiences have never heard of or given reason to care about, and whose only noteworthy "superweapon" is a signature glue gun....? *Strongly* doubt audiences would be the least bit impressed.

Zemo is too bush-league for the events that CACW promises to unfold. Think bigger.
Have you read anything Zemo related in the last 5 years? The guy has grown massively beyond the revenge filled days of old, and even outright expressed disgust at the notions of the Aryan superiority and the Nazi ideology. At this point he's closer to Dr Doom or Magneto than he is Red Skull, and even found himself in possession of cosmic artifacts of supreme power, stuff that tied him into both Captain Marvel and Moonstone. Zemo has all the qualifications to be an A league Marvel villain, and one that breaks the current mold.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #80
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
Have you read anything Zemo related in the last 5 years? The guy has grown massively beyond the revenge filled days of old, and even outright expressed disgust at the notions of the Aryan superiority and the Nazi ideology. At this point he's closer to Dr Doom or Magneto than he is Red Skull, and even found himself in possession of cosmic artifacts of supreme power, stuff that tied him into both Captain Marvel and Moonstone. Zemo has all the qualifications to be an A league Marvel villain, and one that breaks the current mold.
Besides which, we don't know how they'd do Zemo or what his role in the story would be so it's impossible to say whether or not he fits the story. The only people who know that are the actual people making it.

And I'm still not convinced the rumor of him being the Doctor Strange baddie are legit. I'll wait until Marvel has something to say on the matter.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:37 AM   #81
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

Yeah, I see no way Doctor Strange could link to this

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:57 AM   #82
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Zemo is the man, a great villain, and Fredrick Zoller is great choice to play him. Personally the idea of scene of just dialog between him and Evans as Cap has me giddy. I really hope he's a part of things as Zemo or even Skull, though I would prefer Zemo. The costume being brought to life on screen alone, the classic Seige of Avengers mansion one, is also a big hook for me.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ To Be Continued A Fanboy Podcast: THE INCREDIBLES 2 Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #83
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
And I'm still not convinced the rumor of him being the Doctor Strange baddie are legit. I'll wait until Marvel has something to say on the matter.
Variety is fairly reliable. They're also the ones saying that he's a villain at all.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #84
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Perhaps he aquires the Moonstones in Dr Strange.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2014, 07:33 AM   #85
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
Besides which, we don't know how they'd do Zemo or what his role in the story would be so it's impossible to say whether or not he fits the story. The only people who know that are the actual people making it.

How would Zemo even fit in a Civil War movie? CW is a lot of things to a lot of different people, but the one constant everyone can agree on is that CW is about Team Cap vs. Team Tony fighting over whether or not government(s) should have control over superheroes. Zemo's only role in that story was a minor crossover subplot about organizing another team of T-bolts (minor villains-turned-"heroes," third-string benchwarmers that even your average Marvelphile have never heard of) to support Iron Man's pro-reg faction.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:44 AM   #86
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Thunderbolts are pretty well known among the Marvel fan base....

Quote:
Old 11-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #87
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter

Thunderbolts was still doing pretty good back then. Shame that's no longer the case.

The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #88
The Endless
WE are Groot

Zemo's T-Bolts were awesome. And considering the T-Bolts were led by Norman Osborn during Civil War... who is obviously off the plate for Marvel... Zemo could be the leader of the T-Bolts in the MCU?

Didn't James Gunn say he wanted to do a T-Bolts movie?

What if the government sets up the T-Bolts to police other superheroes? Unknowingly having a Hydra agent (Zemo) leading them?

Old 11-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #89
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

Zemo could be behind the act, having infiltrated the Government

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #90
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

So Zemo is basically Dell Rusk in that scenario?

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #91
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Zemo's T-Bolts were awesome. And considering the T-Bolts were led by Norman Osborn during Civil War... who is obviously off the plate for Marvel... Zemo could be the leader of the T-Bolts in the MCU?

Didn't James Gunn say he wanted to do a T-Bolts movie?

What if the government sets up the T-Bolts to police other superheroes? Unknowingly having a Hydra agent (Zemo) leading them?
MCU Thunderbolts:

- Baron Zemo
- Crossbones
- Abomination (?)
- Justin Hammer (?)

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #92
childeroland
Side-Kick

Could he be Mordo?

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy

Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just nothing. Arya Stark

Spellcaster now available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble
childeroland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #93
Loki882
Side-Kick

Zemo could be manipulating the conflict from behind the scenes to further his own agenda. And it's interesting that anyone would complain about him being too "over the top." What is Red Skull exactly? In the comics, he's a megalomaniacal scenery-chewing uber-Nazi. In the MCU, he's a megalomaniacal scenery-chewing wannabe dictator. "Over the top" is listed in his villain resume.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #94
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

I think Marvel may have a bigger plan for Bruhl than just in this movie; they could be setting him up for another movie where he will be the primary villain. If Bruhl plays Zemo, then a T-Bolt movie would make sense, although it doesn't seemed like Marvel has any room for such a movie until after Phase 3. He could be Mondo too, and with Dr. Strange's movie just around the corner, it would make more sense.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #95
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
How would Zemo even fit in a Civil War movie? CW is a lot of things to a lot of different people, but the one constant everyone can agree on is that CW is about Team Cap vs. Team Tony fighting over whether or not government(s) should have control over superheroes. Zemo's only role in that story was a minor crossover subplot about organizing another team of T-bolts (minor villains-turned-"heroes," third-string benchwarmers that even your average Marvelphile have never heard of) to support Iron Man's pro-reg faction.
You're thinking the comics, which is usually a mistake. Comics are not the movies and movies are not the comics. They could easily give Zemo a much larger role than he had in the original story, such as having him attempt to manipulate the events of the conflict to his own advantage from the sidelines.

If they aren't going to use Red Skull then he could fill the role Skull played in the original plot where he was the one waiting for Cap's side to fall so that he could swoop in and strike when the heroes were at their weakest.

By the token of your original argument we might as well have been asking "What the hell are Black Widow and Alexander Pierce doing in a movie based off the Winter Soldier storyline?!" or "Why are Black Widow and Hawkeye in an Avengers origin tale?!"

Last edited by MbJ; 11-16-2014 at 04:43 PM.
MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #96
lixdexia
Banned User

lixdexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #97
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm not sure that they'll go with his comic book costume. That one is really goofy-looking even in the comics. Judging by their previous track record, they'll probably go with something that homages his "iconic" look, but is a bit more practical.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #98
SpideyFan866
Banned User

What if Zemo (played by Bruhl) is actually Mordo?

SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:25 PM   #99
sdc10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
What if Zemo (played by Bruhl) is actually Mordo?
As stated previously, some new outlets are reporting that his character will ultimately be the "main threat" to Dr. Strange so its possible.

Im sticking to my theory that he actually is Mordo and that he will be a member of HYDRA. With "Baron" being a high ranking title in HYDRA.

sdc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:20 AM   #100
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdc10 View Post
As stated previously, some new outlets are reporting that his character will ultimately be the "main threat" to Dr. Strange so its possible.

Im sticking to my theory that he actually is Mordo and that he will be a member of HYDRA. With "Baron" being a high ranking title in HYDRA.
Yes I like that baron idea. It's very number 1 esque. Reminds me of spectre from James Bond.

Quote:
I'm not sure that they'll go with his comic book costume. That one is really goofy-looking even in the comics. Judging by their previous track record, they'll probably go with something that homages his "iconic" look, but is a bit more practical.
I'm sure they can play around with it and make it work. Maybe it could be like one of those things bank robbers wear to obscure their faces?