The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

Old 03-03-2016, 03:55 AM   #51
Voltron
Side-Kick

Default Re: Scarlett Johansson is back - The Official Black Widow / Natasha Romanoff Thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
And? She was a SERIOUS badass in Winter Soldier and will likely be in CW...No need to feel it was a shot at Carter for the very reason you mentioned.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with playing sexy characters. She's just playing into her strength. Yeah I found BW's stuntwoman Moneymaker seriously badass when she jumped off that bridge. It's a shame when you can really tell that it's the stuntwoman because it takes me out of the movie. I was merely pointing out why BW is more popular.

Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:56 AM   #52
SoNicRaDiATioN
Banned User

Default Re: Scarlett Johansson is back - The Official Black Widow / Natasha Romanoff Thread -

Like I said, a bunch of undeveloped 15 year olds.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:58 AM   #53
SoNicRaDiATioN
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Hey, there's nothing wrong with playing sexy characters. She's just playing into her strength. Yeah I found BW's stuntwoman Moneymaker seriously badass when she jumped off that bridge. I was merely pointing out why BW is more popular.
She is, but like you said, Sharon is much less developed at this point. I'm hoping for great things from EVC in this, been a fan since Pratt was her brother.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:00 AM   #54
Voltron
Side-Kick

Yeah when you click into the profile of the hateful comments it's all mostly teens, tweens, and a few early twenties. Raging hormones I guess.

Yeah I liked EVC in Revenge where she played a kickass and a Sharon-esque character.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:20 AM   #55
Jeight
Banned User

Quote:
I didn't even mention about any Sharon hate. My point was that since BW has had more screen time, development, exposure, and is played by a well known actress who tends to play sexy characters then it is to be expected that BW is more liked and popular compared to Sharon who is played by a tv actress with only 3 mins of screen time.

But you should check out tumblr and twitter to see the disgusting hate Sharon gets just because she might end up with a prized Steve. Yeah, I consider, "die Sharon" to be hate. And leave kitties alone.

I was talking about rational people, the exact opposite kind of the people dwelling in tumblr. If their only gripe is her comic history with Steve then one more reason not to take them seriously. Those are "shippers" who only care about romances and not the story. The same kind of fangirls who clamor for years for nat and Hawkeye to be together when in the comics they are close friends. I dismiss them instantly and so should you

Last edited by Jeight; 03-03-2016 at 04:23 AM.
Jeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:58 AM   #56
Crazy Italian
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah when you click into the profile of the hateful comments it's all mostly teens, tweens, and a few early twenties. Raging hormones I guess.
Weren't you the one in the SC thread that wanted her to whoop the crap out of BW? How is that not hate? What's your problem with BW?

Crazy Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #57
DontheJon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Italian View Post
Weren't you the one in the SC thread that wanted her to whoop the crap out of BW? How is that not hate? What's your problem with BW?
If SC were the whip BW's ass than I'd call bs on the whole film. No way BW loses to SC in their MCU form. No way no how.

DontheJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:51 AM   #58
SwiftFox
Side-Kick

Why does this thread always gave to devolve into BW vs Sharon Carter? Just stop already.

SwiftFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:59 AM   #59
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

both threads, BW's and Sharon's

I've even seen it bleed into the Scarlet Witch thread

Old 03-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #60
RedRose
Side-Kick

It seems like she likes Sharon in WS. I would love to see a friendship between these two.

RedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:07 AM   #61
Crazy Italian
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftFox View Post
Why does this thread always gave to devolve into BW vs Sharon Carter? Just stop already.
You can thank Voltron for that.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:27 AM   #62
DontheJon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftFox View Post
You're absolutely right! Lets get back on track. So has their been a consensus on whether Widow is the mole in the film? It does seem a bit too obvious to be her but the way she looked at Tony in the trailer before the battle at the airport seems fishy.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #63
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontheJon View Post
You're absolutely right! Lets get back on track. So has their been a consensus on whether Widow is the mole in the film? It does seem a bit too obvious to be her but the way she looked at Tony in the trailer before the battle at the airport seems fishy.
I don't think so, I think she just doesn't want to fight. She looks at him like 'are we seriously going to do this?'

Have we got definite confirmation there is a mole, because if so surely Sharon makes the most sense. She is seen with Everett Ross on the JCTC, who are clearly on Team Iron Man, yet we know Sharon is Team Cap.

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #64
DontheJon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
I don't think so, I think she just doesn't want to fight. She looks at him like 'are we seriously going to do this?'

Have we got definite confirmation there is a mole, because if so surely Sharon makes the most sense. She is seen with Everett Ross on the JCTC, who are clearly on Team Iron Man, yet we know Sharon is Team Cap.

Or is she Team Cap? Maybe she's a mole for Tony. I mean you never know.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #65
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontheJon View Post
Or is she Team Cap? Maybe she's a mole for Tony. I mean you never know.
Well yeah exactly, right now Sharon is the one that appears to be with both teams at some points, so for me she makes the most sense based on the evidence.

Black Widow is too obvious like literally it would be real dumb if she was the mole.

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:12 PM   #66
DontheJon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Well yeah exactly, right now Sharon is the one that appears to be with both teams at some points, so for me she makes the most sense based on the evidence.

Black Widow is too obvious like literally it would be real dumb if she was the mole.
Ok so Sharon is either a mole for Cap without Cap knowing or a mole placed by Tony. Having a mole on the opposite team doesn't feel or sound like a Cap thing to do you know? An since Cap is the "criminal" in this film, it's likely that Tony would want a mole to track his and Bucky's movements. Am I making sense?

Old 03-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #67
RedRose
Side-Kick

Maybe Natasha and Sharon are working together to find a middle ground.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #68
Crazy Italian
Banned User

I think she ends up helping Cap in some way, though, even if she isn't the mole. If that's the case, I hope it has to do with Bucky for obvious reasons (BuckyNat fan over here).

Old 03-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #69
RedRose
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think she ends up helping Cap in some way, though, even if she isn't the mole. If that's the case, I hope it has to do with Bucky for obvious reasons (BuckyNat fan over here).
The Russos did say her heart was with team cap. I honestly don't like Bucky/Nat but wouldn't be surprised if they went in that direction.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:43 PM   #70
Voltron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
Maybe Natasha and Sharon are working together to find a middle ground.
Instead of the one person mole trope maybe it's them two. Nat did like Sharon enough to set her up with Cap.

Quote:
Where's the quote to verify your claim. I'll bet you'll take it out of context. BTW I like ScarJo in her other roles like Ghost World, Lost in Translation, and I like BW in the comics and cartoons, but unfortunately I don't like scarjo in the BW role. But it's done, so moving along to focus on the plot/story.

Quote:
You can thank Voltron for that.
Why you little .

Old 03-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #71
Crazy Italian
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
The Russos did say her heart was with team cap. I honestly don't like Bucky/Nat but wouldn't be surprised if they went in that direction.
It won't bother me if they don't become an item; I really just want them to interact, and hopefully get on better terms. If Bucky gets captured somehow, maybe Nat can help break him out.

I also like the idea of two moles instead of one.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:33 PM   #72
RedRose
Side-Kick

Quote:
It won't bother me if they don't become an item; I really just want them to interact, and hopefully get on better terms. If Bucky gets captured somehow, maybe Nat can help break him out.

Yes interaction is good! Hopefully he doesn't try to shoot her for a 3rd time though.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:21 PM   #73
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:

If Nat turns out to be a mole against Tony again he'll look like an idiot.

SJ said in the Empire interview that her biggest reason for siding against Cap is that she thinks Bucky is unstable and dangerous. Now she might change her mind to save Steve's life in the end but it would be a complete 180 to change it to help Bucky.

TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:39 PM   #74
Crazy Italian
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalismanRing View Post
If Nat turns out to be a mole against Tony again he'll look like an idiot.

SJ said in the Empire interview that her biggest reason for siding against Cap is that she thinks Bucky is unstable and dangerous. Now she might change her mind to save Steve's life in the end but it would be a complete 180 to change it to help Bucky.
That's true, but she doesn't have to go against Tony completely in order to help Steve.

Interacting with Bucky could lead to her ending up understanding why he did what he did, so you never know...

Old 03-04-2016, 10:08 AM   #75
Angryfantasyfan
Side-Kick

I think moles worked in the comics because there were so many more characters involved. It looks silly when there are six or seven people on each side.

Angryfantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote