The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2016, 12:41 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:41 AM   #2
Mike5575
I'm the Captain now!
 
Mike5575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,786
Default She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

Scarlet Witch is going to be in Civil War according to the latest casting call. What do you all think her role will be in the movie? I think Wanda will be dealing with losing her brother, Pietro, and guilt for fighting alongside Ultron. I also think her powers will grow in this movie. We've only got a small taste of what Wanda is truly capable of.

__________________
Mods are asleep. Unleash chaos.
Mike5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:41 AM   #3
AvengerPA
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,382
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread





Last edited by AvengerPA; 05-12-2016 at 12:50 AM.
AvengerPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:49 AM   #4
marshal99
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 191
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5575 View Post
Scarlet Witch is going to be in Civil War according to the latest casting call. What do you all think her role will be in the movie? I think Wanda will be dealing with losing her brother, Pietro, and guilt for fighting alongside Ultron. I also think her powers will grow in this movie. We've only got a small taste of what Wanda is truly capable of.
Her power is tied to that mind gem and thanos will likely take that from vision and if thanos controls that mind gem , her source of power will be cut off.

marshal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:58 AM   #5
AvengerPA
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,382
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
Her power is tied to that mind gem and thanos will likely take that from vision and if thanos controls that mind gem , her source of power will be cut off.
Her powers are her own. She doesn't need the mind gem as a source.

AvengerPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:09 AM   #6
marshal99
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 191
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
Her powers are her own. She doesn't need the mind gem as a source.
From the comics , yes but her powers in the MCU came through hydra's experiments on the staff of loki. Many volunteers died as said by strucker in the end credits of WS and the survivors were "the twins". Maybe they can show that she is not dependent on the mind gem in infinity wars perhaps seeing as "enhanced" humans are popping up a lot in MCU since the avengers started.

marshal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:28 AM   #7
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,106
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Her powers were given to her by the mind gem experiments, but we've seen nothing to indicate they're still tied to it at all.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:35 AM   #8
jaymes_e06
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 20,655
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

I hated that btw but this isn't comic SW as she isn't a mutant (though they amended that in the comics too) and her brother is dead.

Speaking of as some have pointed out. I wish they would have showed more of her anguish for her brother.

She was wiling to destroy the world pretty much because of the loss of her parents yet she seems to be more worried about her own life and not the death of her ****ing TWIN brother in this film! Missed opportunity to show more human moments from Wanda.

jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:26 AM   #9
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,299
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Yup agreed

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:43 AM   #10
dyl1dyl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 604
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

I agree. Even though it's been a year+ since her brother's death, it would have been awesome to see her think of what he would have wanted before she decides to join Team Cap by leaving the compound

dyl1dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #11
tjeepdrv
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 28
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Have any of you had a close family member die? A year later, you're not still laying in bed in a catatonic state. After a few bad weeks, you go back to your life. A full year later, you still think of them daily, but you probably function just fine. There was no need to have her relive his death every waking moment of her life.

tjeepdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #12
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,771
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjeepdrv View Post
Have any of you had a close family member die? A year later, you're not still laying in bed in a catatonic state. After a few bad weeks, you go back to your life. A full year later, you still think of them daily, but you probably function just fine. There was no need to have her relive his death every waking moment of her life.
yeah plus I dont think she saw him die.
Seeing a death is alot different then just getting over one.
Furthermore, she didn't want to destroy the world, that was ultron idea, soon as she found out she was shook
Idk Wanda seemed human to me

ayo this is so awkward i never defend SW i am not a SW fan

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosAVatar Of Death
Apocalypse scares me...he is why i dont visit earth that much

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #13
dyl1dyl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 604
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjeepdrv View Post
Have any of you had a close family member die? A year later, you're not still laying in bed in a catatonic state. After a few bad weeks, you go back to your life. A full year later, you still think of them daily, but you probably function just fine. There was no need to have her relive his death every waking moment of her life.
Good point. It's true. After the grieving period (which is almost always less than 1 year), most people are able to carry on with life as per normal, taking care to remember the deceased individual but not letting it affect their life

dyl1dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #14
jaymes_e06
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 20,655
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyl1dyl View Post
I agree. Even though it's been a year+ since her brother's death, it would have been awesome to see her think of what he would have wanted before she decides to join Team Cap by leaving the compound
Twin connections are different though they generally are much more of a lose and harder to get over as the closeness is more pronounced (usually) also they were all each other had in this reality so having her show more emotional moments about his death would not be uncommon.

I've had my aunt missing for 10 years and I function fine but if some random thing reminds me of her or the loss to our family I break down. Showing that human moment would only strengthwn her character. Oh well maybe next film...

Then again they might not have wanted to put more attention on Quicksilvers death as it was qhat a majority felt was a miss-step in the last film.

jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #15
dyl1dyl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 604
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Twin connections are different though they generally are much more of a lose and harder to get over as the closeness is more pronounced (usually) also they were all each other had in this reality so having her show more emotional moments about his death would not be uncommon.

I've had my aunt missing for 10 years and I function fine but if some random thing reminds me of her or the loss to our family I break down. Showing that human moment would only strengthwn her character. Oh well maybe next film...

Then again they might not have wanted to put more attention on Quicksilvers death as it was qhat a majority felt was a miss-step in the last film.
Yeah, would be nice to see Quicksilver at least briefly mentioned in infinity war. I'm hoping Wanda appears in Dr Strange or somewhere else before infinity war though

dyl1dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #16
SuperAl
Superman's back!
 
SuperAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,601
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

I thought it was weird how she kept throwing stuff at Iron man and war machine when really she couldve just tore their armor off.

SuperAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #17
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!
 
Steyin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,775
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
From the comics , yes but her powers in the MCU came through hydra's experiments on the staff of loki. Many volunteers died as said by strucker in the end credits of WS and the survivors were "the twins". Maybe they can show that she is not dependent on the mind gem in infinity wars perhaps seeing as "enhanced" humans are popping up a lot in MCU since the avengers started.
Remember that map of the brain that Killian showed in IM3? The part where our locked potential lays? I think the mind gem just unlocked the twins' part, but for some reason it didn't work for the other "volunteers".

__________________
I'm just a kid from Brooklyn

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:20 PM   #18
Kane52630
New Cydonian User
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York Subway
Posts: 92,908
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1


__________________
NEW CYDONIA (feat. HAYLEY) | STARCADIAN
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #19
Raiden
Wakanda Forever
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 29,415
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
She looks sexy even in this casual position.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:19 PM   #20
Mike5575
I'm the Captain now!
 
Mike5575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,786
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
Her power is tied to that mind gem and thanos will likely take that from vision and if thanos controls that mind gem , her source of power will be cut off.
Wanda got her powers from the mind stone. There's no indication that she will lose anything if the infinity stone goes. If Civil War is any indication, Wanda doesn't need to be anywhere Vision to use her powers. In fact, I have a crazy theory.

TIN FOIL HAT THEORY FOR INFINITY WAR! Put on your tinfoil hats everyone!

I think Thanos will be defeated by infinity stone powered superheroes. So far we have:

Mind Stone: Vision

Aether: Wanda: I say Aether, because of the red stuff, and her powers were more reality based.

Time: Doctor Strange

Soul: Thor- Thor is worthy. Think about it. The soul stone is inside mjolnir.

Captain Marvel: Power stone?(Feige called her the "most powerful hero.")

There's one more missing. Could it be Wakanda's vibranium? The tesseract was here on Earth centuries ago.

__________________
Mods are asleep. Unleash chaos.
Mike5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #21
#root
Side-Kick
 
#root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 882
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Wanda was a character I thought I would love in AOU but was pretty meh on her in the end. But I absolutely loved how the character was portrayed here. She didn't get to do a whole lot but the little moments between her and Vision were really cute and I loved her usage of her abilities.


Last edited by #root; 05-14-2016 at 03:30 PM.
#root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #22
AvengerPA
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,382
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1



Marvel Heroes 2016


















Last edited by AvengerPA; 05-14-2016 at 06:25 PM.
AvengerPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #23
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,044
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Either way it would have been perfect or would be perfect had Scarlet Witch made a cameo or if she does make a cameo in Doctor Strange...basically showing up either during Strange's origin film or even in the post-credits by her seeking him out which would then tie into Infinity War

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:06 AM   #24
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,299
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
during Strange's origin film or even in the post-credits by her seeking him out which would then tie into Infinity War
That would be awesome

She hears about a guy called the Sorcerer Supreme and thinks he can help her control her powers

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 01:19 AM   #25
dyl1dyl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 604
Default Re: She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
Either way it would have been perfect or would be perfect had Scarlet Witch made a cameo or if she does make a cameo in Doctor Strange...basically showing up either during Strange's origin film or even in the post-credits by her seeking him out which would then tie into Infinity War
Yup, I think that would be an awesome way to show how strange connects tot he rest of the MCU. I'm personally hoping she appears for a bit longer, something more like Falcon's appearance in Ant man. Would be awesome to see him meet Wanda after he becomes the sorceror supreme

dyl1dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.