SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Justice League - All the Deleted Footage SPOILER Talk

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Justice League - All the Deleted Footage SPOILER Talk

Based on someone else's suggestion, I compiled a list of all the footage from previous trailers not in the final cut. Spoilers in case you haven't seen it yet.

So I compiled a list of pieces or scenes from some of the trailers that did not make it into the final cut. Check them out below.

Stuff from this trailer not in the film:

- They said that the age of heroes would never come again. Batman saying it has to. Not in the film.
- Steppenwolf's dialogues about protectors. Not in the film.
- No footage of Bruce looking at that hologram, which is rumored to be him looking at a hologram of "Supergirl." Or someone in a red cape and suit like Superman. Not in the film.
- Flash/Barry putting his finger through the glass and making it shatter.
- No Wonder Woman dialogue saying, "Don't engage alone. We do this together."
- Alfred meeting a mystery figure, "Let's hope you're not too late." Not in the film.

Stuff from this trailer that's not in the film:

- Aquaman saying "Talk."
- Rear shot of Aquaman standing among the waves.
- Human Victor Stone/Cyborg in his letterman's jacket walking around.
- Not the banter with Bruce and Diana "He said no." "He said no."
- No exchange with Batman and Cyborg "I heard about you. I didn't think you were real." Batman says, "I'm real when it's useful." This doesn't really make sense. Batman had been around and well established at this point. Why would Cyborg think Batman is a fake thing?

Stuff from this trailer not in the film:

- I don't recall those shots of Bruce camping by a fire and him putting a saddle on a horse with his face covered. It's a lot more abbreviated going straight to that fishing village.
- That tank getting tossed at a police officer and Cyborg stopping it saying, "You should probably move," is DEFINITELY not in the movie. Wonder what that was about. It looks like it was from the resurrection scene, not sure.
- Cyborg getting an Iron Man face plate/helmet isn't in there.
- That shot of Cyborg or another flying character going through the clouds isn't in it.
- Victor Stone playing football isn't in.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:52 AM   #3
GothamBat
Protector of Gotham

yeah I was sure they would do that... just like I was sure they'd use the triumphant MOS theme and I was sure I would see everything we were shown in the trailers and promo clips

Old 11-24-2017, 06:54 AM   #4
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamBat View Post
yeah I was sure they would do that... just like I was sure they'd use the triumphant MOS theme and I was sure I would see everything we were shown in the trailers and promo clips
I was so surprised there was no cool end credits thing like with Wondy I didn't even notice this gross omission. I mean...my God....the studio is claiming the director left because of his child's death and they what? Forgotten?

It just in such poor taste

harlequinade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:57 AM   #5
GothamBat
Protector of Gotham

Default Re: Justice League - All the Deleted Footage SPOILER Talk - Part 1

I think the "don't engage alone, we do this together" line from Diana was taken out because Joss included some thematic components with her that the line would have clashed with. Specifically the whole arc with her taking charge and becoming a leader. Starts with her saying "we're asking people we don't know to risk their lives", continues with Bruce calling her out in front of the others about leaving humanity, then with her reaffirming her reluctance to take charge after popping Bruce's arm back into place, then with the final battle where she's like "on my lead" and becomes a leader, making sure her and the league would go after Bruce to save him. If they had her already taking charge back in the tunnel scene, it would have thrown a wrench in her arc.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:01 AM   #6
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
I think the "don't engage alone, we do this together" line from Diana was taken out because Joss included some thematic components with her that the line would have clashed with. Specifically the whole arc with her taking charge and becoming a leader. Starts with her saying "we're asking people we don't know to risk their lives", continues with Bruce calling her out in front of the others about leaving humanity, then with her reaffirming her reluctance to take charge after popping Bruce's arm back into place, then with the final battle where she's like "on my lead" and becomes a leader, making sure her and the league would go after Bruce to save him. If they had her already taking charge back in the tunnel scene, it would have thrown a wrench in her arc.
This is a good breakdown but personally I didn't take this line as a sign of Diana's leadership but compassion. It's like she is reassuring them in this moment. That no matter what happens they are in this together and none of them is alone.

That was my fav moment of that trailer :/

Old 11-24-2017, 07:17 AM   #7
Cats
Hot-blooded Feline

Quote:
I think I prefer where Joss went with this one. It was glorious to see her talk to little children at the end. Reflects what happened with the WW movie irl.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:22 AM   #8
GothamBat
Protector of Gotham

oh that's right. I guess that was part of her arc too. Going public. You know, Joss did some pretty good stuff with this movie afterall. The continuity f-ups are unpardonable, his lines with Superman beyond cheesy and firing Junkie XL wasn't right... but I think he did add some good stuff worth discussing.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:24 AM   #9
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I think I prefer where Joss went with this one. It was glorious to see her talk to little children at the end. Reflects what happened with the WW movie irl.
The scene was too busy for me. It was a nice touch but between the joke stuff with the criminals confessing, her being there helping the cops, the kids talking to her and apparently Selina cameo this was just too much for me to grasp. And too short. Which can be said about every scene in the film, unfortunately.

Other than Lois's scenes it would have been mercy if her scenes were shorter.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:30 AM   #10
GothamBat
Protector of Gotham

You know the trailer scene with flash dodging the parademon blasts, then teleporting behind it and pushing it, making it smash against the wall? We still got that final scene of the parademon crashing against the wall in the final cut. It just comes out of nowhere and doesn't really make sense. It comes right after the scene where Silas tells Victor that "he's after the change engine, his motherbox!" Again, we can chalk this up to the 2 hour mandate. Probably a mandate put in place so JL can play as many times as possible and make as much $ as it can before Star Wars opens. If that was the logic, I don't understand why they couldn't just delay the movie a few months.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:33 AM   #11
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller

Quote:
oh that's right. I guess that was part of her arc too. Going public. You know, Joss did some pretty good stuff with this movie afterall. The continuity f-ups are unpardonable, his lines with Superman beyond cheesy and firing Junkie XL wasn't right... but I think he did add some good stuff worth discussing.
Agreed, some of the things Whedon did actually helped flesh out the characters more.

Micromind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:35 AM   #12
Cats
Hot-blooded Feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
The scene was too busy for me. It was a nice touch but between the joke stuff with the criminals confessing, her being there helping the cops, the kids talking to her and apparently Selina cameo this was just too much for me to grasp. And too short. Which can be said about every scene in the film, unfortunately.

Other than Lois's scenes it would have been mercy if her scenes were shorter.
Alleged, but hasn't been confirmed right?

I kinda understand why they had to cram so many things into one scene though (ie. the 2hr mandate). I'm glad they managed to get more things in than just leaving whole scenes out, but of course I would've preferred a more detail touch to what was going on in that shot - just like I'd badly love an expanded version of the history lesson. Way too many easter eggs in one scene, my head was just spinning.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:36 AM   #13
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
You know the trailer scene with flash dodging the parademon blasts, then teleporting behind it and pushing it, making it smash against the wall? We still got that final scene of the parademon crashing against the wall in the final cut. It just comes out of nowhere and doesn't really make sense. It comes right after the scene where Silas tells Victor that "he's after the change engine, his motherbox!" Again, we can chalk this up to the 2 hour mandate. Probably a mandate put in place so JL can play as many times as possible and make as much $ as it can before Star Wars opens. If that was the logic, I don't understand why they couldn't just delay the movie a few months.
Studio cutting movie down looking at run time as the most important thing is always bad. But cutting stuff out to the point things don't make sense anymore just to secure the runtime?

This is Sony levels of ridiculous

I don't think they were doing that. They retooled the movie as something to sell to as many people as they can. They sent it out to die. The second Zack stepped down it seems to me they knew this is what they gonna do with this film. Everything makes sense now including no London premiere, no appearances of the cast in major talk shows in the week of release.

They messed up allowing Snyder to direct if they wanted to make a lot of money on this film. But then they messed up further by panicking upon seeing his cut and just hacking the **** out of this movie.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:43 AM   #14
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Alleged, but hasn't been confirmed right?

I kinda understand why they had to cram so many things into one scene though (ie. the 2hr mandate). I'm glad they managed to get more things in than just leaving whole scenes out, but of course I would've preferred a more detail touch to what was going on in that shot - just like I'd badly love an expanded version of the history lesson. Way too many easter eggs in one scene, my head was just spinning.
Yeah I think that's just people in DCEU leaks coming up with this stuff

The film didn't breathe but that is only the studio's fault. I may not like Snyder's style as a storyteller but at least in BvS you have the opportunity to actually follow what is going on and everything is properly highlighted in the scenes and lasts long enough not to miss anything

Old 11-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #15
Iceman
Infinity War!

Th Smile Re: Justice League - All the Deleted Footage SPOILER Talk - Part 1

Quote:
It's the kind of line you'd expect a leader to say to his/her team though so it's a shame it couldn't have been integrated.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:58 AM   #16
GothamBat
Protector of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
Studio cutting movie down looking at run time as the most important thing is always bad. But cutting stuff out to the point things don't make sense anymore just to secure the runtime?

This is Sony levels of ridiculous

I don't think they were doing that. They retooled the movie as something to sell to as many people as they can. They sent it out to die. The second Zack stepped down it seems to me they knew this is what they gonna do with this film. Everything makes sense now including no London premiere, no appearances of the cast in major talk shows in the week of release.

They messed up allowing Snyder to direct if they wanted to make a lot of money on this film. But then they messed up further by panicking upon seeing his cut and just hacking the **** out of this movie.
Speaking of Sony... In 2014 after seeing TASM2, I thought the amount of trailer stuff they excluded from the final cut was outrageous. And that was just one or two lines like Norman Osborn saying "We have plans for you Peter Parker" or a 2 second scene of green goblin hovering in front of a window. I didn't know how good I had it...

Old 11-24-2017, 08:22 AM   #17
GothamBat
Protector of Gotham

Hey remember the first underwater Aquaman scene we ever saw from JL? They totally changed it in the actual movie while still kind of keeping it in. In the scene by Zack, he went up to what looks like King Atlan's dead body. Presumably to take his trident? Or maybe he wasn't dead? Who knows. Anyway in the TC it's just a random Atlantian guard killed by SW

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...91636010110976

Old 11-24-2017, 08:42 AM   #18
RomanticPenguin
AlwaysHoldOnToSmallville

RomanticPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #19
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I'm ready for a three-hour cut. I'm hoping WB put out the Blu ray at the same time as the theatrical cut and not make people double dip.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:39 AM   #20
markjoedelonge
Cap of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticPenguin View Post
Omgggggg that scene would have looked so epic!

DCEU ratings: MOS (8/10) | BvS (9/10) | SS (5/10) | WW (9.5/10) | JL (7/10)
markjoedelonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #21
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I have no doubt that's why the line was taking out because I have suspicion that in Snyder's cut/version of the film, Diana was just the field leader right off top. I don't think there really was an arc for Diana/per se. She was Bruce's right hand in this film and she was the one that was going to guide this team...aka the Mother of the group. I think the only real arc she may have had in Snyder's version was to reassure Bruce that he belonged because make no mistake, whatever version we may end up having in the end, Bruce was on a death march in both cuts of the film. His penance for what happened in Batman v Superman.

Jumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:32 AM   #22
terry78
I never freeze

edit

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #23
terry78
I never freeze

Old 11-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #24
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Where are those HQ gifs coming from? I also saw the piranha threat. New spot was released or something?

Old 11-24-2017, 11:42 AM   #25
terry78
I never freeze

I got this one from Reddit aka dark web lite.