The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 12-28-2017, 07:55 AM   #26
_Superman_
Man Of Steel

Default Re: Snyder vs Whedon Shot comparison

This is sad and depressing. I really wish someone at the WB would really step forward and give us answers but I doubt that'll ever happen. In their mindset they have already moved on.

_Superman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:35 PM   #27
Greenlite
is a real person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Imagine they got a third director to come and reshoot, and he just reshot those exact same scenes from yet another slightly different angle or distance.

WB: So what have you changed here?

Director 3: I just zoomed in a bit and moved it 5 degrees to the right.
...and CGI Gal's skin so it looked weird, plus some weird dialogues so mainstream chuckles and forget about it the next hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Superman_ View Post
This is sad and depressing. I really wish someone at the WB would really step forward and give us answers but I doubt that'll ever happen. In their mindset they have already moved on.
They already answered - firing Jon Berg and demoting Geoff Johns.

yay. Lord Tsujihara's so smart and responsible.

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:00 PM   #28
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlite View Post
...and CGI Gal's skin so it looked weird, plus some weird dialogues so mainstream chuckles and forget about it the next hour.

They already answered - firing Jon Berg and demoting Geoff Johns.

yay. Lord Tsujihara's so smart and responsible.
This pretty much describes this movie for me. And i've seen it 3 times unfortunately at the movies.

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:32 PM   #29
Greenlite
is a real person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
This pretty much describes this movie for me. And i've seen it 3 times unfortunately at the movies.
It's still better than some of the awful jokes in GOTG2 where they ruined the emotional moments, but I don't think there were many if any emotional moments in JL, they're all on the cutting floor!

Sup's so that's a yes, amy/henry touching hands, Rayborg's was reduced to "Dad!" and his scene with Gal etc. Sup's reunion is still a huge disappointment, that's not how you do a mom-resurrected son reunion, "that's really you?" "yes it's really me mom" CUT.

Compared to "imagine an island"....

If Joss shot those short scenes just to fit Tsujihara's demand, then in the extended cup they should release the proper original reunion stuff, they could get away by saying this is the full time version...

Old 12-28-2017, 04:34 PM   #30
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's still better than some of the awful jokes in GOTG2 where they ruined the emotional moments, but I don't think there were many if any emotional moments in JL, they're all on the cutting floor!

Sup's so that's a yes, amy/henry touching hands, Rayborg's was reduced to "Dad!" and his scene with Gal etc. Sup's reunion is still a huge disappointment, that's not how you do a mom-resurrected son reunion, "that's really you?" "yes it's really me mom" CUT.

Compared to "imagine an island"....

If Joss shot those short scenes just to fit Tsujihara's demand, then in the extended cup they should release the proper original reunion stuff, they could get away by saying this is the full time version...

Sup with you? A cup of what?

Old 12-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #31
Greenlite
is a real person

Quote:
Sup with you? A cup of what?
Slow day

Edit: seriously though, imagine Diane Lane getting emotionally ready for the reunion scene, and was told to just run from the car to Cavill, and puff for 2 seconds, done.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #32
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

I don't even want to think about this mess anymore. IF there is official news that we are getting a real Zack cut instead of extended, i'll be happy again. At the moment i'm not planning on buying the movie. Even though the drawn steelbook cover looks awesome.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #33
Greenlite
is a real person

Quote:
I don't even want to think about this mess anymore. IF there is official news that we are getting a real Zack cut instead of extended, i'll be happy again. At the moment i'm not planning on buying the movie. Even though the drawn steelbook cover looks awesome.
Just buy the thing and sell the blu ray disc lol

Old 12-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #34
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:

Old 12-28-2017, 05:10 PM   #35
chintai80
oh hi.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Scribe View Post
There is simply no reasoning with a man that has become too erect.
chintai80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:43 AM   #36
Matleo
Side-Kick

I would rather like the learn more from each other and their team work.
For me only the rivalry between marvel and DC could bring fanstatis effects through out the years.

Look at Justice League, the action, battles , humor, inteligent small-talk starts to get greater and better. Hope more of that in future.

ps.

hope the creators of DC life action movies start to use more comics, animated series and movies creations and small things like abilities,moves, battle sequences, weapons then in the past and dodn't fear to copy that what was good and unused till now. (thats not plagiatism if you show something in a new way or something that was never seen in a life action movie with actors)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Could someone imagine the studios doing a animated cross over movie or short series of the Avengers and the Justice League? like diemensions colide?

The action , humor and relations would be enortmous

Matleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:17 PM   #37
GothamBat
Protector of Gotham

I just wish there was a happy medium between

basically monochromatic/the lighting crew took the day off

and

oversaturated to hell with literally no shadows or contrast

Old 12-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #38
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamBat View Post

I just wish there was a happy medium between

basically monochromatic/the lighting crew took the day off

and

oversaturated to hell with literally no shadows or contrast
Don't tell me the top one is Snyder and the bottom one is Whedon?

If it is, then

Couldn't that just be a job for the editor to change the saturation and contrast instead of reshooting the whole thing?

Old 12-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #39
GothamBat
Protector of Gotham

I really wish they would have kept the Aquaman scenes untouched. Imagine how epic the Snyder cut was. The movie starts with a 15 minute sequence of the epic LOTR-style battle, then, in the second act, he had Arthur retrieving the quindent from the corpse of king Atlan who we saw at the beginning. Great little bits of mythology and lore weaved in. And in general, more of a sense of scope, history and a more fleshed out world. Also, knowing Snyder, he wouldn't have spelled it out overtly. This little tidbit, along with the other little easter eggs, nuggets and visual homages would have had the hype speculating and discussing for months. But nope... The critics would have cried foul because god forbid there be some ambiguity or some tidbits that don't fully pay off by the time the movie ends. Sigh.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:30 AM   #40
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Ima have to come back in here and do a cut and paste on all those images posted. From what it seems, Snyder's (on your left) appear sleeker and cleaner.
Who did the underwater scenes? I like the effect and movements.

MydnightPhoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:02 AM   #41
Aquafinn90
Side-Kick

Wait the scene of Bruce shaving on the plane before his convo with Alfred(which was Whedon) was Snyder?? I assumed that entire thing was Whedon.

Aquafinn90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #42
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafinn90 View Post
Wait the scene of Bruce shaving on the plane before his convo with Alfred(which was Whedon) was Snyder?? I assumed that entire thing was Whedon.
The entire thing is Whedon.

idiot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:26 AM   #43
Aquafinn90
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
Thats what I thought....the big photo comparison post on the first page had the shaving part of that scene as Snyder

Aquafinn90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #44
kguillou
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamBat View Post
I really wish they would have kept the Aquaman scenes untouched. Imagine how epic the Snyder cut was. The movie starts with a 15 minute sequence of the epic LOTR-style battle, then, in the second act, he had Arthur retrieving the quindent from the corpse of king Atlan who we saw at the beginning. Great little bits of mythology and lore weaved in. And in general, more of a sense of scope, history and a more fleshed out world. Also, knowing Snyder, he wouldn't have spelled it out overtly. This little tidbit, along with the other little easter eggs, nuggets and visual homages would have had the hype speculating and discussing for months. But nope... The critics would have cried foul because god forbid there be some ambiguity or some tidbits that don't fully pay off by the time the movie ends. Sigh.

The Aquaman stuff pisses me off the most. The fact that they cut almost all of the Atlantis stuff out is INFURIATING. I was looking forward to spending a little bit of time in Atlantis getting some backstory on Arthur and his place there. It would have been a good primer for the solo movie but nooooooo, we gotta have an hour 50 min movie so we a measly 3 minutes in Atlantis and some quick exposition that made no sense or had no context whatsoever.

Snyder really was making this movie LOTR with superheroes. SMH!!

1) AVENGERS: Infinity War 2) The BLACK PANTHER 3) Mission Impossible: Fallout 4) Pacific Rim: Uprising 5) X-Men: Dark Phoenix
kguillou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:39 AM   #45
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MydnightPhoenix View Post
Ima have to come back in here and do a cut and paste on all those images posted. From what it seems, Snyder's (on your left) appear sleeker and cleaner.
Who did the underwater scenes? I like the effect and movements.

Snyder, he is even present in above pic. (in silhoutte)

Micromind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #46
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromind View Post

Snyder, he is even present in above pic. (in silhoutte)
Snyder is becoming the Alfred Hitchcock/Stan Lee of the DCEU?

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:55 AM   #47
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
The Aquaman stuff pisses me off the most. The fact that they cut almost all of the Atlantis stuff out is INFURIATING. I was looking forward to spending a little bit of time in Atlantis getting some backstory on Arthur and his place there. It would have been a good primer for the solo movie but nooooooo, we gotta have an hour 50 min movie so we a measly 3 minutes in Atlantis and some quick exposition that made no sense or had no context whatsoever.

Snyder really was making this movie LOTR with superheroes. SMH!!
the cutting away the background story of aquaman, flash & cyborg is one thing.

it is the ending wasn't really good. we never felt the threat. we never felt how horrible and how powerful when the 3 mother boxes merged. those crystals & foams jetting out from earth? and that's it??? yuck...
the menacing scale is just too little as compare to MOS & BvS. And we got a team of superheroes dealing with it.

sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:25 AM   #48
markjoedelonge
Cap of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
Snyder is the Alfred Hitchcock/Stan Lee of the DCEU
Fixed

DCEU ratings: MOS (8/10) | BvS (9/10) | SS (5/10) | WW (9.5/10) | JL (7/10)

Last edited by markjoedelonge; 12-31-2017 at 04:30 AM.
markjoedelonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:11 PM   #49
heatvision38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
In the trailers, we see Diana and Bruce together discussing the potential leaguers, that's Snyder's version. In the movie, we get Alfred going over the dossiers with Bruce on the plane, which I think replaces the scene Snyder had done.

I am sure there was a plane sequence no matter what (after Bruce recruits Barry) but the specific dialogue between Alfred and Bruce re: the dossiers and the Penguin line following the Aquaman scene, I think that's all Whedon.

heatvision38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:19 PM   #50
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatvision38 View Post
In the trailers, we see Diana and Bruce together discussing the potential leaguers, that's Snyder's version. In the movie, we get Alfred going over the dossiers with Bruce on the plane, which I think replaces the scene Snyder had done.

I am sure there was a plane sequence no matter what (after Bruce recruits Barry) but the specific dialogue between Alfred and Bruce re: the dossiers and the Penguin line following the Aquaman scene, I think that's all Whedon.
I preferred the one with Bruce and Diana discussing the potential leaguers. Why cut that out? That was already a bit jokey. And it was more of Diana. I would've thought they would want to showcase Gal as much as possible.