The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #701
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,948
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
LOL that was awesome.

Penguin, a horrible human being but nobody is classier
Let's give a round of applause that fat waddling little ****, gotta love him

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #702
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 48,672
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Penguin is very underrated. He has bags of potential.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #703
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,948
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

He's a terrefic villain. He provides a lot of horror and comic relief, which I feel is great

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #704
Changeling
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nilbog
Posts: 3,976
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It would certainly work with crows. I can see a short but really violent scene.

That could work, but i dont think they should spit on the character like that. He has a LOT of potential as a psychological villain. Going into his backstory and everything. He should be a main villain.

Its not spitting on the character anymore than it was for Scarecrow, Falcone, or Maroni....

The Penguin has had is origin fleshed out already on film, sure Id like to see it again but Id rather see a different villains origin shown than his. Especially one that hasnt been shown on film.

The villain I want to see redone the most, and the one that I think has the most potential is DEFINITELY Mr. Freeze.



He deserves to have his origin shown on film way more than Penguin..AND he's much more suitable as a main villain. I dont have any idea what direction the reboot is going but my first pick for the villain would be Freeze.

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #705
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,942
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Its not spitting on the character anymore than it was for Scarecrow, Falcone, or Maroni....

The Penguin has had is origin fleshed out already on film, sure Id like to see it again but Id rather see a different villains origin shown than his. Especially one that hasnt been shown on film.

The villain I want to see redone the most, and the one that I think has the most potential is DEFINITELY Mr. Freeze.



He deserves to have his origin shown on film way more than Penguin..AND he's much more suitable as a main villain. I dont have any idea what direction the reboot is going but my first pick for the villain would be Freeze.
True and that's why i say it could work. But for me i think he's a more important villain than Scarecrow, Falcone or Maroni.

His origin has been fleshed out but it was an extremely different character. Burtons origin was falmost for a seperate character.

As for Freeze? Absolutely. Him and Penguin are my top 2 rogues that Nolan hasn't used. Since Bane has been saved from that B&R abomination, the next guy who got shafted the most was Freeze. And MAN do i want to see a more serious take in the next few movies. If it was up to me Penguin & Freeze would get priority in the reboot. But they'll probably put Riddler at the front of the list.

One thing i will say...is if one of them had to be pushed to secondary villain status, Penguin would suit that position more. Freeze needs to be the main and ONLY villain or don't write him in at all, please.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc

Last edited by shauner111; 10-04-2012 at 10:13 PM.
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #706
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,948
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

I dont think Penguin needs another origin, he is what he is, and it's simple to understand.

Freeze, NEEDS another origin. He has HAS to have one. His backstory, thanks to TAS, is one of the best bits of storytelling in Batman history.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #707
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,942
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I dont think Penguin needs another origin, he is what he is, and it's simple to understand.

Freeze, NEEDS another origin. He has HAS to have one. His backstory, thanks to TAS, is one of the best bits of storytelling in Batman history.
Penguin doesn't need one but i was thinking along the lines of really quick flashbacks (in a nightmare or something) that gives you an idea of his horrible childhood. But that's a route they don't have to go on. A Penguin that just is, works for me too. As long as he's treated with respect.

Freeze on the other hand needs that origin story.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #708
TheWatcher
Dapper
 
TheWatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,767
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Now Mr.Freeze is a villain I would love to see on film.

__________________
"I have this theory that, depending on your attitude, your life doesn't have to become this ridiculous charade that it seems so many people end up living."

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #709
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 48,672
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Its not spitting on the character anymore than it was for Scarecrow, Falcone, or Maroni....
Yeah, but Penguin is much higher in the pecking order of Batman villains than any of those three. Especially Falcone and Maroni.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #710
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,942
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

I dig Falconi and Maroni but they shouldn't be in the same sentence as Penguin.
Penguin > Scarecrow

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #711
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts: 22,024
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

I actually prefer Scarecrow over Penguin, but that's just me. Although, I'm not the biggest fan of Nolan's Scarecrow. He was alright.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #712
Changeling
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nilbog
Posts: 3,976
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Travesty- Im with you dude. Scarecrow has a lot more potential than Penguin does imo and Nolan barely scratched the surface of what can be done with Scarecrow. They could have done some crazy visuals with Scarecrow, Id love to see a more comic inspired take of Scarecrow in the future. Comic inspired with the visuals from the toxins and have him wear something more like the comics, his outfit could be so scary

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #713
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,948
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

I would wait awhile with Scarecrow.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #714
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,942
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Yeah me too. Next time we see those villains (Nolans) i want them all to be extremely different. If they're too similar, i just dont see the point in using them again. When Nolan used Joker, Bane, Catwoman and Two-Face he had good reason since his versions were so radically different.

There's about one more kind of interpretation i can see of those villains, then i just dont see what else you can do with them. And that goes for Scarecrow/Ras as well.

Im not worried about the reboot at all. Not even the next 20 years because they should have their bases covered. A few Shumacher/Burton rogues to "get right", a handful of rogues that Nolan used could have a more comic accurate approach, and a good amount of rogues who've never seen the light of day. Once that is over i just dont know where the franchise could go on film.

When the 2030's hit, what kind of fresh ideas can they bring to villains they've done multiple times at that point?? They'll probably need a break at some point. Another "hiatus".

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #715
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,948
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Scarecrow was WASTED though. He should have been written to coincide more with Batman's fear gimic IMO. Two characters who use fear as their strongest weapons, one good, one bad. The possibilities, the dilemma's you could have had...

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #716
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 8,852
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
Now Mr.Freeze is a villain I would love to see on film.
Indeed, I mainly say that as he is my favorite Batman villain.

__________________
Keep Hope Alive: Fox's days are numbered.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #717
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,113
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

I think the Penguin not being a strong threat to Batman, and the Penguin being a serious, terrifying villain, are not necessarily contradictory. The guy is often portrayed as an opportunistic sadist with a strong survival instinct. He folds to Batman pretty quickly because he'd rather keep his own criminal empire than have Batman take it apart. . . but this doesn't mean he won't destroy *your* life because you maybe laughed at him.

The thing is, this intrinsically means he chooses to be the lesser evil, and the lesser evil requires there to be a greater evil. Said greater evil probably being the stronger driving force for a given plotline.

Oh, and I'll second a desire to see a new, more serious take on Mr Freeze. Keep him as the terrifying tragic villain, and make the new writers/producers/directors/actors watch Heart of Ice a couple times.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #718
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,942
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I think the Penguin not being a strong threat to Batman, and the Penguin being a serious, terrifying villain, are not necessarily contradictory. The guy is often portrayed as an opportunistic sadist with a strong survival instinct. He folds to Batman pretty quickly because he'd rather keep his own criminal empire than have Batman take it apart. . . but this doesn't mean he won't destroy *your* life because you maybe laughed at him.

The thing is, this intrinsically means he chooses to be the lesser evil, and the lesser evil requires there to be a greater evil. Said greater evil probably being the stronger driving force for a given plotline.

Oh, and I'll second a desire to see a new, more serious take on Mr Freeze. Keep him as the terrifying tragic villain, and make the new writers/producers/directors/actors watch Heart of Ice a couple times.
Couldn't of said it better myself.

Ill copy what i just wrote in another thread since it could relate perfectly to Penguin in the next series.

"They should just do a new trilogy that's based on the Arkham games. Same type of universe. Expand it even more. All 3 movies have appearances from just about every rogue from the comics/games and just go for it. You can reference Joker a few times then bring him in towards the end of the trilogy for a big battle with Batman but have a ****load of cameos, fight scenes, villains used in minor roles to just move the plot forward. You can still use the premise of having 1 main villain for each of the 3 films but make it clear that they all exist and Bats is pretty much aware of most of them (already had battles with them even though he's young and in his prime)". Like Riddler for the first, Penguin for the 2nd, Freeze for the 3rd. Jokers presence felt throughout. No origins for the villains besides perhaps Victor Fries. As another example Two-Face/Catwoman would just be, like how they are in the game.

"It's the perfect time to do them since Arkham City is still buzzing. They know it's a huge success and fans love it. And i dont think they're making sequels for that game so....Come on Warner Brothers.

What's left? It's time for complete comic accuracy for the 1st time ever. Now is the time to take Nolans style and go fantasy with it (visually speaking). Enter "Arkham Asylum/City". The spoofs have been done, the most famous graphic novels have been used as influences for the Dark Knight Trilogy, the comics have been turned inside out time & time again with the last 3 filmmakers....let's have a modern comic accurate/video game adaptated MOVIE! Look to the video games now WB."

Penguin can control one section of Gotham, Black Mask another, Two-Face another. Joker can be a legend just as much as Batman.

Oswald can be an extremely evil force but the lesser of many evils in Gotham and he could give Bats info but still **** his life up quite a bit. Batman learns to tolerate him sometimes.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #719
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,576
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Quote:
"They should just do a new trilogy that's based on the Arkham games. Same type of universe. Expand it even more. All 3 movies have appearances from just about every rogue from the comics/games and just go for it. You can reference Joker a few times then bring him in towards the end of the trilogy for a big battle with Batman but have a ****load of cameos, fight scenes, villains used in minor roles to just move the plot forward. You can still use the premise of having 1 main villain for each of the 3 films but make it clear that they all exist and Bats is pretty much aware of most of them (already had battles with them even though he's young and in his prime)". Like Riddler for the first, Penguin for the 2nd, Freeze for the 3rd. Jokers presence felt throughout. No origins for the villains besides perhaps Victor Fries. As another example Two-Face/Catwoman would just be, like how they are in the game.
That doesn't sound like it would make for a very good film. The Arkham games are fun, but I don't think I'd ever consider them well written.

Quote:
What's left? It's time for complete comic accuracy for the 1st time ever. Now is the time to take Nolans style and go fantasy with it (visually speaking). Enter "Arkham Asylum/City". The spoofs have been done, the most famous graphic novels have been used as influences for the Dark Knight Trilogy, the comics have been turned inside out time & time again with the last 3 filmmakers....let's have a modern comic accurate/video game adaptated MOVIE! Look to the video games now WB."
The comics really haven't been "turned inside out" at all. They've barely scratched the surface in terms of adapting material from the comics. There are tons and tons of stories and influences left that can be utilized from the comics.

I'm fine if they want to include some influence from the Arkham games. I don't want a franchise based on them.

__________________
"Perception is the enemy of reason."

-Me
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #720
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,942
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Well, i would love to see Arkham Asylum and Arkham City used as a main inspiration behind the next few movies. I think it would be a fresh approach. I'm not saying the movies have to have "Arkham" as the title, or the exact storyline needs to be used. But the whole concept is something id like to see, spread over a new trilogy. Dozens of rogues making appearances in each movie with a main villain at the forefront of the plot.

So i disagree.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #721
TruerToTheCore
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth-1
Posts: 2,936
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Like someone else said, "Penguin = Pimp".

That's the way it is.

Hail Emperor Penguin!

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #722
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,948
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Here's a thing I think is important to reinvent Mr. Freeze. I'm going to use Nolan's sense of realism here, but for NOT Freeze himself.

Just think about it.

Mr. Freeze manages to create and perfect such amazing technology, that can preserve somebody til a cure is found.......and nobody else in the world uses this tech? Nobody tries to replicate it and bring us into the 22nd century?

I always found that odd in the comics.

So I would imagine that Freeze is the ONLY person in the entire world who knows how to do it. Maybe there could be one of those religous or ethical debates that hinders the progress of such a contraption?

Just something regarding his amazing breakthrough technology, instead of being ignored.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #723
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,597
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

I would love to see a Batman movie where he is considered to be a "myth" or a monster by the general public. Hell, I would even think it would be awesome if the audience itself was terrified of Batman. Basically the audience having the same adrenaline rush as the criminals in the movie that are surrounded in the dark by Batman with no idea of where he will pop out of or what he will do next. Horror movies do it all the time and I think Batman can get away with it too in a couple of scenes. A good example would be something like in Alien, where that black guy shines his flashlight in the shadows where the alien is and then the scene changes right after. Or something similar to a scene in Halloween where Michael is unseen at first due to being in the shadows but as your eyes get adjusted to the darkness, you slowly begin to see him.

I think that would be awesome .

__________________
How I rate movies:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...5&postcount=14
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #724
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Your imagination
Posts: 26,948
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

We kind of saw that with Begins. When he first appeared at the docks.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #725
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15,942
Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I would love to see a Batman movie where he is considered to be a "myth" or a monster by the general public. Hell, I would even think it would be awesome if the audience itself was terrified of Batman. Basically the audience having the same adrenaline rush as the criminals in the movie that are surrounded in the dark by Batman with no idea of where he will pop out of or what he will do next. Horror movies do it all the time and I think Batman can get away with it too in a couple of scenes. A good example would be something like in Alien, where that black guy shines his flashlight in the shadows where the alien is and then the scene changes right after. Or something similar to a scene in Halloween where Michael is unseen at first due to being in the shadows but as your eyes get adjusted to the darkness, you slowly begin to see him.

I think that would be awesome .
You just described the docks scene in Batman Begins.

__________________
"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.