The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #951
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 68,499
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

They're too busy trying to deal with that Pension Reform.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty

H.E.
Anubis is offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #952
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,220
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

I'm going to put this here because the question of children of same sex parents came up in the discussion...and I think Megan's point about what was thought of Bi-racial marriages in many states until all states allowed it in 1967, tells us much about what is being said about same sex marriages today.

Interesting conversation and as a woman, who grew up with a working mother, applauds the stand of this woman....

http://www.upworthy.com/wow-fox-news...isogyny?=crmp1

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #953
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,891
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I'm going to put this here because the question of children of same sex parents came up in the discussion...and I think Megan's point about what was thought of Bi-racial marriages in many states until all states allowed it in 1967, tells us much about what is being said about same sex marriages today.

Interesting conversation and as a woman, who grew up with a working mother, applauds the stand of this woman....

http://www.upworthy.com/wow-fox-news...isogyny?=crmp1
I saw that on Facebook. I hate her a little less now.

Hotwire is offline  
Old 06-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #954
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I'm going to put this here because the question of children of same sex parents came up in the discussion...and I think Megan's point about what was thought of Bi-racial marriages in many states until all states allowed it in 1967, tells us much about what is being said about same sex marriages today.

Interesting conversation and as a woman, who grew up with a working mother, applauds the stand of this woman....

http://www.upworthy.com/wow-fox-news...isogyny?=crmp1
Wow......

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #955
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,090
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

House of Lords overwhelming approve gay marriage.

Looks like that was the last major obstacle to gay marriage in the UK.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 06-05-2013 at 04:05 PM.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #956
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,090
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Australia says children of gay couples doing as well, if not better, than children of straight couples.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #957
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21,496
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

I don't really find that too surprising. Granted I'm probably stating the obvious for most people in this thread, but in order to have children, gay people have to actually want them.

About half of all pregnancies are unintended.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #958
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,413
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

I don't know, I think I might be unintentionally pregnant. That can be the only reason my stomach is so much bigger than it was then I was 28.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #959
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,684
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...49089X12000610

__________________
Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #960
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,090
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

yeeeah. Sum it up, cause I ain't reading all of that while I'm at work

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #961
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 37,090
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

59% of gay marriage opponents see gay marriage as inevitable.

You have broken their spirits! Now is the time to CRUSH them!!!


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #962
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,413
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

That sounds like I will be getting married, even if I don't want to.

Now THAT's depressing.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #963
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21,496
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

If gay marriages are anything like their straight counterparts, they'll inevitably do it twice.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #964
Snow Queen
4AF
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 11,118
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
59% of gay marriage opponents see gay marriage as inevitable.

You have broken their spirits! Now is the time to CRUSH them!!!

http://youtu.be/rDuetklFtDQ?t=3m41s

Snow Queen is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #965
SlamAdams
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,931
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
yeeeah. Sum it up, cause I ain't reading all of that while I'm at work
I just read the conclusion part and it tried connecting the rise of gay parents with the rise in attendance of therapy and substance abuse programs (which they considered evidence in the rise of those problems). I think that is a horribly bias conclusion though. The biggest problem in the past when it comes to mental illness and substance abuse issues has been society's trend of denying and/or ignoring them and not getting the help needed to solve the problem. I personally see the rise in attendance in such programs as a sign of progress.

__________________
Slam Adams at House of Geekery
SlamAdams is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #966
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 66,295
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
I just read the conclusion part and it tried connecting the rise of gay parents with the rise in attendance of therapy and substance abuse programs (which they considered evidence in the rise of those problems). I think that is a horribly bias conclusion though. The biggest problem in the past when it comes to mental illness and substance abuse issues has been society's trend of denying and/or ignoring them and not getting the help needed to solve the problem. I personally see the rise in attendance in such programs as a sign of progress.
Yeah that conclusion is a bit of a stretch....

spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #967
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I don't really find that too surprising. Granted I'm probably stating the obvious for most people in this thread, but in order to have children, gay people have to actually want them.

About half of all pregnancies are unintended.
I think it really does make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
59% of gay marriage opponents see gay marriage as inevitable.

You have broken their spirits! Now is the time to CRUSH them!!!

...at least they are slowly realizing they are on the wrong side of history.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #968
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 40,519
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

http://www.upworthy.com/if-you-happe...-for-me?c=ftm1


This is why the federal government needs to recognize gay marriage. It isn't an abstraction, real people are being hurt for no good reason.

__________________
The world does not work the way you think it does:

The Question is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #969
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

...that's a very well put together video. It really drives home the point of the need for true equality in the eyes of the law and the need for immigration reform.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #970
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Lightbulb Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

UPDATE: PRESIDENT OBAMA SPEAKS AT LGBT PRIDE RECEPTION
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/13/politi...html?hpt=hp_t2


__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #971
Marx
Pixelated
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,034
Lightbulb Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

SENATOR RUBIO: IMMIGRATION REFORM SHOULD NOT INCLUDE GAY COUPLES
http://www.advocate.com/politics/pol...de-gay-couples

It looks like this "rising star" of the GOP is nothing but more of the same.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #972
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 26,488
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

People like him embarrass themselves by being so blatant about supporting discrimination.

It's 2013, if they lack the education to read a calendar.

__________________
You can fit like 3 more scenes if you play the chorus twice like in the actual song.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #973
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,413
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
SENATOR RUBIO: IMMIGRATION REFORM SHOULD NOT INCLUDE GAY COUPLES
http://www.advocate.com/politics/pol...de-gay-couples

It looks like this "rising star" of the GOP is nothing but more of the same.

It's interesting the barriers between our two countries still. Right now, we're ruled by the Conservative Party, arguably the most rightwing government we've had since the 1930s, but our conservatives have gone out of the way to promote Canada as a welcoming place for LGBT immigrants and refugees.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #974
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 53,331
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Lisa Murkowski has become the third Republican Senator to endorse gay marriage.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline  
Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #975
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21,496
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Rubio is looking out for 2016. Though this will obviously backfire. Republicans (or at least the ones backing this immigration bill) are hoping it will get them some Latino votes. It probably will. Maybe a few thousand. But those currently illegal aliens who will be naturalized will remember who made their lives miserable, and vote Democrat.

Combine that with changing attitudes towards gays... Rubio is in for a rough presidential election.

Even though I imagine Chris Christie will sink him anyway.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.