The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Iron Fist

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #1
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,201
Default Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Casting

We have threads for casting everyone else so why not?

Also, how about casting some of the villains like Radeon, Xao, Joy Meachum, Master Kahn and Warhawk?

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,217
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Shang chi - Jay Chou
Jeryn hogarth - Daniel Davis

Immortal weapons
Tigers beautiful daughter - fan bingbing
Bride of nine spiders - chiaki kuriyama
Dog brother #1- kang-ho song
Fat cobra - chi Chung lam
Prince of orphans -Gordon Liu.

Probably won't be able to afford them all for a Netflix series but you can see what I'm getting at here

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Last edited by Silvermoth; 06-12-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
Lobo
Snow Wifey
 
Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Magic City
Posts: 36,655
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Jon Foo as Shang Chi

__________________
It's not lame karate, it's Cobra Kai
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #4
BarryAllen
ey b0ss
 
BarryAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,446
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

This want for Shang-Chi to show up in Iron Fist is literally one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. Why would Shang-Chi show up in Iron Fist other than the fact that they are both martial artists? And I know they've teamed up in the comics, but nothing in the mythos overlaps besides their fighting abilities. Shang-Chi is a former secret agent, while Iron Fist deals with mystical and street-level threats. Shang-Chi has no reason showing up in Iron Fist without getting setup through somewhere else (like his own show) because he just doesn't fit with the bigger Iron Fist picture.

__________________
Defenders:
Daredevil - Luke Cage - Iron Fist - Jessica Jones - Misty Knight - Colleen Wing
BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:15 PM   #5
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,233
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Its certainly not a big deal for him to show up, but I think they'll have plenty of stuff for season 1 without Shang-Chi. Save him for a latter season of one of the shows, when there's room in the plot for "Hong Kong British secret agent who can kung fu fight Spider-man".

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #6
BarryAllen
ey b0ss
 
BarryAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,446
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Its certainly not a big deal for him to show up, but I think they'll have plenty of stuff for season 1 without Shang-Chi. Save him for a latter season of one of the shows, when there's room in the plot for "Hong Kong British secret agent who can kung fu fight Spider-man".
Exactly. I really like Shang as a character and would love to see him in live action, but I just don't think this is the time.

__________________
Defenders:
Daredevil - Luke Cage - Iron Fist - Jessica Jones - Misty Knight - Colleen Wing
BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #7
BarryAllen
ey b0ss
 
BarryAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,446
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

As for other characters, I would cast:

-Any blonde unknown actress for Joy Meachum (I was looking around IMDB and there are plenty that could work)

-Eric Steinberg for Master Khan

-Matt Walsh for Harold Meachum

-Ben Stiller for Ward Meachum (lol someone help me find a better option)

-Robert Foxworth for Professor Lee Wing

Thoughts? And I'd love to see choices for Danny's parents, Ninja, Lei Kung and Yu-ti.

__________________
Defenders:
Daredevil - Luke Cage - Iron Fist - Jessica Jones - Misty Knight - Colleen Wing
BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:57 PM   #8
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,201
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Shang chi - Jay Chou
Jeryn hogarth - Daniel Davis

Immortal weapons
Tigers beautiful daughter - fan bingbing
Bride of nine spiders - chiaki kuriyama
Dog brother #1- kang-ho song
Fat cobra - chi Chung lam
Prince of orphans -Gordon Liu.

Probably won't be able to afford them all for a Netflix series but you can see what I'm getting at here
IMO, if Peter Mensah weren't already cast in TIH, I'd have him be Prince of Orphans.

I'd also cast Jackie Chan as Professor Wing.

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:58 PM   #9
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,201
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryAllen View Post
This want for Shang-Chi to show up in Iron Fist is literally one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. Why would Shang-Chi show up in Iron Fist other than the fact that they are both martial artists? And I know they've teamed up in the comics, but nothing in the mythos overlaps besides their fighting abilities. Shang-Chi is a former secret agent, while Iron Fist deals with mystical and street-level threats. Shang-Chi has no reason showing up in Iron Fist without getting setup through somewhere else (like his own show) because he just doesn't fit with the bigger Iron Fist picture.
Deadly Hands of Kung Fu. That's why.

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #10
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,201
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

And since nobody mentioned it yet, since Jason Statham wound up not playing Bullseye, I'd love to see him be cast as Orson Randall.

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:22 AM   #11
BarryAllen
ey b0ss
 
BarryAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,446
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Deadly Hands of Kung Fu. That's why.
Shang-Chi was already set up prior to his appearances in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu in Special Marvel Edition and Master of Kung Fu, both of which were ultra popular. Which proves one thing: a)Shang-Chi's backstory works b)He shouldn't be relegated to a supporting character c)He shouldn't be thrown into Iron Fist's world without having his own world established.

Look as I mentioned before in this thread, I love Shang-Chi. I think he's criminally underused and underrated. But his backstory as a secret agent is one of the best parts of his character. I'd hate to see that not mentioned or shoved into an Iron Fist show, which will revolve around a a guy who trained in a mystical alien city that practices kung fu. Punisher is someone who you can do that too. Sure his origin is important, but he can function perfectly without knowledge of it too, and that's why it's okay for him to show up in Daredevil. Shang-Chi's backstory is important to the character, and as such requires set up prior. I'd be 100% content if Shang-Chi got a series in the Netflix Phase 2 and then joined Iron Fist down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
And since nobody mentioned it yet, since Jason Statham wound up not playing Bullseye, I'd love to see him be cast as Orson Randall.
I highly doubt he'll be hired for anything Marvel-related after his recent comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post

I'd also cast Jackie Chan as Professor Wing.
Professor Wing has to be white, because Colleen Wing is biracial....

__________________
Defenders:
Daredevil - Luke Cage - Iron Fist - Jessica Jones - Misty Knight - Colleen Wing

Last edited by BarryAllen; 07-02-2015 at 03:51 AM.
BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:12 PM   #12
ralphuniverse
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 413
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

G'day,

Shang-Chi should absolutely *not* be on a Netflix show. He is far to good, Shang-Chi deserves his own movie.
Consider: It would Marvel's first martial arts movie which should blast the franchise up another order of magnitude in action and visuals.
He would be there first Chinese national super hero and could be at least partly shot in Asia, giving it great appeal in the Asian market.
And they have a great character who could be his father- the real Mandarin.
Ralph

ralphuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #13
BarryAllen
ey b0ss
 
BarryAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,446
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphuniverse View Post
G'day,

Shang-Chi should absolutely *not* be on a Netflix show. He is far to good, Shang-Chi deserves his own movie.
Well one of the movies Marvel proposed when they fist got a loan to make movies was Shang Ch, but that hasn't come to fruition as of yet...

But I think Netflix could work for Shang Chi. The longer time to develop his character would be ideal as opposed to a movie, which could also work. I'm just opposed to people saying to throw Shang-Chi into an Iron Fist show just because they both do martial arts. Shang Chi needs set up before he starts interacting with the other Defenders.

__________________
Defenders:
Daredevil - Luke Cage - Iron Fist - Jessica Jones - Misty Knight - Colleen Wing
BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:38 AM   #14
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,201
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryAllen View Post
Shang-Chi was already set up prior to his appearances in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu in Special Marvel Edition and Master of Kung Fu, both of which were ultra popular. Which proves one thing: a)Shang-Chi's backstory works b)He shouldn't be relegated to a supporting character c)He shouldn't be thrown into Iron Fist's world without having his own world established.

Look as I mentioned before in this thread, I love Shang-Chi. I think he's criminally underused and underrated. But his backstory as a secret agent is one of the best parts of his character. I'd hate to see that not mentioned or shoved into an Iron Fist show, which will revolve around a a guy who trained in a mystical alien city that practices kung fu. Punisher is someone who you can do that too. Sure his origin is important, but he can function perfectly without knowledge of it too, and that's why it's okay for him to show up in Daredevil. Shang-Chi's backstory is important to the character, and as such requires set up prior. I'd be 100% content if Shang-Chi got a series in the Netflix Phase 2 and then joined Iron Fist down the road.



I highly doubt he'll be hired for anything Marvel-related after his recent comments.



Professor Wing has to be white, because Colleen Wing is biracial....
...And she's Asian on her father's side in the same way that Iron Fist is 1/4 Chinese on his father's side.

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:26 AM   #15
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,201
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphuniverse View Post
G'day,

Shang-Chi should absolutely *not* be on a Netflix show. He is far to good, Shang-Chi deserves his own movie.
Consider: It would Marvel's first martial arts movie which should blast the franchise up another order of magnitude in action and visuals.
He would be there first Chinese national super hero and could be at least partly shot in Asia, giving it great appeal in the Asian market.
And they have a great character who could be his father- the real Mandarin.
Ralph
Shang-Chi has been a member of both the Avengers and Defenders in the comics. He also has no super powers so he's able to be done on a TV budget. Marvel should put anyone who can be done on TV on TV so they don't stretch out the film phases too much and along with the Fox films, don't oversaturate theaters with Marvel IP. I'd rather see him debut on Iron Fist and if he's well received, spin him off on to his own show. I have the same hope for Punisher and Elektra.

At the same time, there need to be characters saved as part of the supporting cast, Iron Fist has a great supporting cast and he and Shang Chi have co-starred in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu so Shang Chi should absolutely debut in Iron Fist.

I feel like the Daughters of the Dragon should stay within Iron Fist and not get their own spin-off since they're just too tied to Danny's story. Removing them from Danny's world cheapens the IP by carving things up too much.

IMO, the characters saved for TV who don't currently have a series should be Moon Knight, She-Hulk, White Tiger, Shang Chi, Blade, Punisher, Elektra and Hellcat. Much like how Luke Cage and Hellcat are debuting in Jessica Jones and Punisher and Elektra are debuting in Daredevil, I'd introduce most of these characters in other series.

Debuting in Daredevil - Iron Fist
Debuting in Luke Cage - White Tiger
Debuting in Iron Fist - Blade, Shang Chi, Daughters of the Dragon, Moon Knight, Immortal Weapons

She-Hulk should debut in a Hulk sequel if there's ever a Hulk sequel.

Moon Knight was a tough choice but considering how many characters I want to see show up in Iron Fist and how grounded I want Luke Cage to be a character who may or may not have mystical powers should absolutely appear in Daredevil's third season. Marc appearing in Iron Fist would also imply that he actually did receive powers from Khonshu when the best part about Moon Knight is that he's a mentally ill unreliable narrator who may not actually have magical powers. I love the ambiguity and trippy feel to Moon Knight in general.

And Ghost Rider, Eternals and Thunderbolts should be saved for film. Those three all require too large of a budget to do on TV.

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:00 AM   #16
BarryAllen
ey b0ss
 
BarryAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,446
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
...And she's Asian on her father's side in the same way that Iron Fist is 1/4 Chinese on his father's side.
Uh what? Colleen's father is 100% white, while her mother is of Japanese origin. It really isn't the same as Danny Rand because she clearly is the product of a biracial marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Shang-Chi has been a member of both the Avengers and Defenders in the comics. He also has no super powers so he's able to be done on a TV budget. Marvel should put anyone who can be done on TV on TV so they don't stretch out the film phases too much and along with the Fox films, don't oversaturate theaters with Marvel IP. I'd rather see him debut on Iron Fist and if he's well received, spin him off on to his own show. I have the same hope for Punisher and Elektra.
I'm just going to repost what I put in the Jessica Jones thread:
Quote:
Because Marvel has a limited amount of resources and staff to ensure that they can put out quality shows and content without going out of control. Yeah, Marvel is backed by Disney, but like Pixar, they are self-operated and it's a very small company. If you take a look at the characters they choose for live action projects, it isn't the most popular characters that get chosen. It's the ones that are the most unique. That's why Guardians of the Galxy or the Inhumans get made into movies before She-hulk or Sentry. It's why lesser known characters that comic fans might've looked over like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage or Iron Fist get their own shows while Punisher, Elektra and Moon Knight don't. It's about storytelling options and differentiating from what the rest of the market can provide. When someone tells you how awesome Moon Knight is, 9/10 times they say "like Batman, but more insane". And that's exactly right. Moon Knight has the same tropes that Batman already covers. She-hulk brings nothing new to the table that already has Hulk and Daredevil. But you can't say that there is anything out there right now that is like Luke Cage or Iron Fist. That's why certain properties are chosen, and others not. I can bet one of the reasons Punisher is showing up in Daredevil is because Marvel didn't think he was viable enough to hold his own show right now because of past movies and because the numerous other movies and tv shows that deal with characters who kill with guns because of their past grievances.

Sometimes comic fans go overboard with the demands they have. There's nothing wrong with having wants as a fan, but think about the bigger picture.
Quote:
At the same time, there need to be characters saved as part of the supporting cast, Iron Fist has a great supporting cast and he and Shang Chi have co-starred in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu so Shang Chi should absolutely debut in Iron Fist.
Yeah but it really doesn't make sense storytelling wise. Why have a former MI-6 secret agent show up in an Iron Fist show on the basis that they both know martial arts and have costarred in books together? I don't see what Shang-chi brings to the Iron Fist world that can't be filled already by characters already from his mythos like Colleen Wing.
And that's like saying that because Spiderman and Frog-man have shared comics, Frog-man should show up in the next Spidey movie because both are superheroes who wear animal-themed costumes.


Quote:
IMO, the characters saved for TV who don't currently have a series should be Moon Knight, She-Hulk, White Tiger, Shang Chi, Blade, Punisher, Elektra and Hellcat. Much like how Luke Cage and Hellcat are debuting in Jessica Jones and Punisher and Elektra are debuting in Daredevil, I'd introduce most of these characters in other series.

Debuting in Daredevil - Iron Fist
Debuting in Luke Cage - White Tiger
Debuting in Iron Fist - Blade, Shang Chi, Daughters of the Dragon, Moon Knight, Immortal Weapons
I can bet that Patsy Walker won't suit up in Jessica Jones and is instead a Carol Danvers replacement so that she can have a friendship with someone who has been in the ringer (in the show, it is mentioned that Walker was a former child star, and in the comics Carol had undergone stress from being a drinker). I bet Walker will play the same exact role Carol played in the comics as a confidante, and probably help her on her mission through investigative means(the press release mentions her as a talk show host).
And why would White Tiger show up in Luke Cage? Same with Blade in Iron Fist?

__________________
Defenders:
Daredevil - Luke Cage - Iron Fist - Jessica Jones - Misty Knight - Colleen Wing
BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #17
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 44,725
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

I would've preferred a separate Shang Chi Netflix series so that a Chinese hero could headline his own show, instead of playing second fiddle to Iron Fist and never getting to be the lead.

The problem with having a Shang Chi show, however, is that you're kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

On the one hand, if you have one, it could easily (if not portrayed carefully) end up as a racist stereotype. Ignorant people could easily say when they see a Chinese person "look, it's Shang Chi." That's what they've done before with characters like Charlie Chan, or even actors like Bruce Lee.

But on the other hand, if you don't ever have a positive Asian role model, then it becomes as if they can never be seen as leading characters or actors.

Personally, I would err on the side of having a show with a Chinese lead rather than not having one.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:22 PM   #18
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger
 
Webhead2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 47,649
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

I am not to verse on iron fist characters. But I defiantly hope we see misty college we know jeri will return. And it def be cool if we bring in folks like Shang chi too.

As for Shang chi if he didn't show up in netflix shows. It likely be better maybe to have him turn up and be a member of shield or work with shield over in agents of shield. He plus jimmy woo be great additions there and work with the spy end of show. Plus with mockingbird and lance spinning off to there own show. It does open a slot or two in the team.


Last edited by Webhead2006; 03-01-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:33 AM   #19
Nayt Navare
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 142
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Sorry, Webhead, gotta disagree; Shang is more suited to Netflix. Beyond that, I would like some more added diversity to the Netflix line up, and in that regards, Shang Chi, Moon Knight and White Tiger are my picks.

Nayt Navare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #20
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 44,725
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

I definitely don't want Shang Chi as an agent of SHIELD. It's boring to have all the superheroes being connected to them. He should be completely independent. Same with Moon Knight. No Moon Knight: Agent of SHIELD please.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:39 AM   #21
Nayt Navare
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 142
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I definitely don't want Shang Chi as an agent of SHIELD. It's boring to have all the superheroes being connected to them. He should be completely independent. Same with Moon Knight. No Moon Knight: Agent of SHIELD please.
Dis guy. Right here.

Nayt Navare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #22
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger
 
Webhead2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 47,649
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

well i wouldnt mind shang chi on netflix but him being a spy and what not does make sense to appear in aos a little more as they are the spy related show. And i didnt mean make him a outright shield agent him being a spy for another country and working with them and guesting for a bit isnt really out of the realm.

__________________
Spidey Back With Marvel WOOT!!!
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:57 PM   #23
Jammat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 120
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

I'd like to see Netflix commission some MCU movies, which would be lower budget than the big screen adaptations, but enable other heroes to be showcased. Shang Chi would be perfect for this.

Jammat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #24
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,217
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

The same outlet that broke the news that Finn jones is playing iron fist have also just broken the news that marvel are definitely including Shang chi in the iron fist series with hopes that if his run is well received enough he will get his own series.

I'm looking forward to seeing Shang chi but I'm kind of annoyed that so many fans who have said they're OK with people of colour playing supporting roles as long as the main superhero is white are vindicated still for now. I think marvel knows they blew it and this is the tiniest of olive branches thrown this way.

I've even heard fans say they're OK with supporting roles being racebended but no people of colour should ever star which is deeply upsetting

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:58 PM   #25
Pokkle
Side-Kick
 
Pokkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,412
Default Re: Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Castin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
The same outlet that broke the news that Finn jones is playing iron fist have also just broken the news that marvel are definitely including Shang chi in the iron fist series with hopes that if his run is well received enough he will get his own series.

I'm looking forward to seeing Shang chi but I'm kind of annoyed that so many fans who have said they're OK with people of colour playing supporting roles as long as the main superhero is white are vindicated still for now. I think marvel knows they blew it and this is the tiniest of olive branches thrown this way.

I've even heard fans say they're OK with supporting roles being racebended but no people of colour should ever star which is deeply upsetting
Because the main character are more know and liked.
I care when they change a character I like, I care way less if they change a character I don't like or that I don't even know.
I prefer when the character look a little the character, I know and like.

I will gladly watch a show about Shang Chi and I can't wait for the Luke Cage tv show.
I'm hype to know who they will cast for Shang Chi.


Last edited by Pokkle; 03-04-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.