The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Iron Fist

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #26
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 9,675
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
He also needs to stop saying, "I am the Iron Fist." Show us why you are the Iron Fist.
Honestly, his saying that contradicts the party line. I fully buy the idea that he hasn't really fully understood his role as the Iron Fist yet and the costume is for when he gets to that point. However, his dialogue clearly shows that he considers himself already there. So, even if he is ignorant of the Iron fist, he would still be wearing the costume.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:00 PM   #27
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,081
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

The costume in the comics was the ceremonial garb of K'un L'un specifically for the Iron Fist. There's your reason right there.

And he says he is the Iron Fist...so...

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:04 PM   #28
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 44,724
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

There's no reason he couldn't wear a costume. Do white belts in karate only get to put on their white karate suit when they've earned the right to wear it? Or even their white belt? They have different coloured belts before they get to black.

Danny could've worn a lower-tiered version of the suit to start off with and maybe it could've had some additional embellishments to show that it is higher in rank as he gains more experience.

Scott Buck just had no imagination whatsoever. I'm surprised he even managed to have Colleen wearing any kind of martial arts gear at her dojo.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:33 AM   #29
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3,894
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Will we see more or less of the cutthroat world of corporate finances?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:39 AM   #30
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 44,724
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Will we see more or less of the cutthroat world of corporate finances?
I'm hoping Iron Fist Season 2 becomes the comic book equivalent of Margin Call.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #31
Daneen
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 38
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

#fail


Last edited by Daneen; 07-26-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Daneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #32
Daneen
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 38
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

ooops

Daneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:39 PM   #33
Daneen
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 38
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Cassidy View Post
Mmm... yeah, I think I recall you listing most of these things as reasons why Misty would even appear on IF. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't take your word as gospel, lol.

We'll see how it all turns out but with Misty being such a prominent character in Iron Fist's story, she's destined to have significant interaction with Danny. Kinda silly to think otherwise.

I never said Misty won't show up on the show... i said they will not put dany and misty together. I actually want her to be on the show so we can have daughters of the dragon.

The fact that dany/misty are no longer together(comics) would have played a big part in not putting them together. When they made this show it was about dany rand and Colleen wing. now im all for misty coming onto the show and seeing daughters of the dragon teamup.. but you have to listen to what the head of marvel tv has said.. which is this Here's Jeph Loeb's exact quote on it, “Raven’s love of all things Iron Fist and his extensive knowledge of martial arts films made him the perfect choice to continue telling the adventures of Danny Rand and Colleen Wing,”

Notice how he says Danny Rand And Colleen Wing??? they are the two main characters of the show... if they were to put misty with danny it would take away from Colleen wing which she would feature less in the show. So they can not do that. It may work in the comics for the time that they were together but it does not work in this universe or in the show which is why dany was put with colleen as it makes more sense and it works.

Now im not saying misty isn't going to be a big part in the lives of Colleen and Dany... im just saying there isn't going to be any romantic connection with dany and misty.however, I am still looking forward to daughters of the dragon.

Now again im saying at this time.. who knows in the future if iron fist has a s3 or 4 or whatever they do heroes for hire or etc they might put misty with dany but the way it is going at this current time it doesn't look possible at all as iron fist show is about dany and colleen and their relationship and to switch from what is the main point of the show to something most people these days wouldn't any about and would be hard to pull off with these actors i don't see them doing it.

Daneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:02 PM   #34
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,081
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

If they sacrifice a Danny/Misty romance for the sake of Danny/Colleen, I will not be happy. Honestly, I was annoyed they got together at all in the first season.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:07 PM   #35
Faith_Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 406
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneen View Post
The fact that dany/misty are no longer together(comics) would have played a big part in not putting them together. When they made this show it was about dany rand and Colleen wing. now im all for misty coming onto the show and seeing daughters of the dragon teamup.. but you have to listen to what the head of marvel tv has said.. which is this Here's Jeph Loeb's exact quote on it, “Raven’s love of all things Iron Fist and his extensive knowledge of martial arts films made him the perfect choice to continue telling the adventures of Danny Rand and Colleen Wing,”
What's currently happening in the comics is absolutely irrelevant. I'd say it's best to look at how Marvel/Netflix has handled the canon couples so far and if you noticed, they've explored them all to some extent. I see no reason why that would or should change now.

You quote Loeb, as if his comment is proof that Danny and Colleen will remain a couple when in reality, all it means is that they'll remain prominent characters on the show. You only have to look to Daredevil Season 2 as reference to how IF could handle Misty/Danny/Colleen. Karen didn't suffer because the writers decided to explore the more iconic Matt/Elektra pairing. On the contrary, Karen had her own story and from I saw, became a more popular/likable character.

Frankly, I think it's sad that you think Colleen needs to be romantically paired with Danny just to remain at the forefront. I happen to believe that a breakup would do wonders for both characters, as their "romance" was truly unnecessary and poorly written. And I'd believe that even if Misty never showed up. But thank goodness she's coming because this show desperately needs her.

Also, I have to say that I'm amused by the idea that the writers can't or won't split up Danny and Colleen. I mean, we already saw that the powers that be had no problem breaking up Luke and Jessica. What makes you think the former are safe?


Last edited by Faith_Cassidy; 07-26-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Faith_Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:22 PM   #36
Hypestyle
Side-Kick
 
Hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 7,141
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

what about foes from the 70s-80s era of the comics? steel serpent, razor fist?

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:23 PM   #37
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,201
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
what about foes from the 70s-80s era of the comics? steel serpent, razor fist?
Steel Serpent was in Season 1. He just wasn't an Immortal Weapon yet.

Razor Fist is connected more to Shang Chi.

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #38
Daneen
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 38
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
If they sacrifice a Danny/Misty romance for the sake of Danny/Colleen, I will not be happy. Honestly, I was annoyed they got together at all in the first season.
it won't work on this show... im not going through the reasons again dany/colleen makes more sense ... that why they did it and also. they did it cause they knew Colleen would be loved.. and Dany well no so much. colleen takes some of the HATE weight of dany by being in a relationship.

Daneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:33 PM   #39
Daneen
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 38
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Cassidy View Post
What's currently happening in the comics is absolutely irrelevant. I'd say it's best to look at how Marvel/Netflix has handled the canon couples so far and if you noticed, they've explored them all to some extent. I see no reason why that would or should change now.

You quote Loeb, as if his comment is proof that Danny and Colleen will remain a couple when in reality, all it means is that they'll remain prominent characters on the show. You only have to look to Daredevil Season 2 as reference to how IF could handle Misty/Danny/Colleen. Karen didn't suffer because the writers decided to explore the more iconic Matt/Elektra pairing. On the contrary, Karen had her own story and from I saw, became a more popular/likable character.

Frankly, I think it's sad that you think Colleen needs to be romantically paired with Danny just to remain at the forefront. I happen to believe that a breakup would do wonders for both characters, as their "romance" was truly unnecessary and poorly written. And I'd believe that even if Misty never showed up. But thank goodness she's coming because this show desperately needs her.

Also, I have to say that I'm amused by the idea that the writers can't or won't split up Danny and Colleen. I mean, we already saw that the powers that be had no problem breaking up Luke and Jessica. What makes you think the former are safe?



You can not compare daredevil characters to iron fist. it is completley different.

Not that at all..Colleen needs to be romantically paired with dany to save dany rand as a character... he was written poorly and i think they knew that .. and unlike in general on the other hand colleeen was well liked and received and putting Colleen with dany makes people forget that ... colleen wing was the best thing in that show and her being with him has no effect on her at all.. if they put dany with misty it would drag misty down..also if they did ever put dany with Misty i will eat my own foot cause I know it isnt going to happen not now anyway maybe down the line ... if it is down the line i really dont care im ok with it but not now.

Luke cage/jessica is not a good example at all.. cause regardless if they break up you know in the end they will be together cause they are married in the comics. the same can not be said for misty/dany who broke up and let's remember this was back in the 70`s or something where this happened in any recent iron fist comics they are not together.


Last edited by Daneen; 07-26-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Daneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:49 PM   #40
Daneen
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 38
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Steel Serpent was in Season 1. He just wasn't an Immortal Weapon yet.

Razor Fist is connected more to Shang Chi.
hmm, soo u think Shang chi season 2 or s 3 of iron fist if there is one or Shang chi show on his own?

Daneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:52 PM   #41
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3,894
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Misty might be too much woman for Danny

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #42
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,081
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneen View Post
[/B]

You can not compare daredevil characters to iron fist. it is completley different.

Not that at all..Colleen needs to be romantically paired with dany to save dany rand as a character... he was written poorly and i think they knew that .. and unlike in general on the other hand colleeen was well liked and received and putting Colleen with dany makes people forget that ... colleen wing was the best thing in that show and her being with him has no effect on her at all.. if they put dany with misty it would drag misty down..also if they did ever put dany with Misty i will eat my own foot cause I know it isnt going to happen not now anyway maybe down the line ... if it is down the line i really dont care im ok with it but not now.

Luke cage/jessica is not a good example at all.. cause regardless if they break up you know in the end they will be together cause they are married in the comics. the same can not be said for misty/dany who broke up and let's remember this was back in the 70`s or something where this happened in any recent iron fist comics they are not together.
Why? Daredevil and Karen already broke up.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:26 AM   #43
Daneen
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 38
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Why? Daredevil and Karen already broke up.
Because if you look at Daredevil and Jessica Jones, karen matt broke up before end of the season or at the end same as luke and Jessica broke up before the end of the season.

That does not happen on iron fist Colleen/danny are together at the end of the show still and are still together in defenders. and they are not going to waste any time on romantic relationships on defenders cause they only have 8 episodes. so they will be together at the beginning of iron fist season 2.. so that's 3 seasons they are in a relationship compared to matt/Jessica half a season or only a few episode... jessica/luke a couple episodes out of the season ... so not comparable at all. so what Misty is going o come on to a show where danny/colleen are the two main characters and be put into a love triangle of a couple together for 3 seasons lool..... this ain't the vampire diaries.

They would not bring Misty knight another character onto the show to break them up, more than likely she will be a Clair temple like the character while also they lay the seeds for daughters of the dragon and her and colleeen team up later in the season. that is why she is being brought onto the show.. daughters of the dragon and to potentially lay the seeds for Heroes for Hire with luke.

Daneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:41 AM   #44
Faith_Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 406
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneen View Post
[/B]

You can not compare daredevil characters to iron fist. it is completley different.

Not that at all..Colleen needs to be romantically paired with dany to save dany rand as a character... he was written poorly and i think they knew that .. and unlike in general on the other hand colleeen was well liked and received and putting Colleen with dany makes people forget that ... colleen wing was the best thing in that show and her being with him has no effect on her at all.. if they put dany with misty it would drag misty down..also if they did ever put dany with Misty i will eat my own foot cause I know it isnt going to happen not now anyway maybe down the line ... if it is down the line i really dont care im ok with it but not now.

Luke cage/jessica is not a good example at all.. cause regardless if they break up you know in the end they will be together cause they are married in the comics. the same can not be said for misty/dany who broke up and let's remember this was back in the 70`s or something where this happened in any recent iron fist comics they are not together.
Doesn't matter if the DD characters are different. The point still stands. Colleen doesn't need to be romantically paired with Danny in order to get story or screentime. Suggesting otherwise only tells me that you don't think she has much of a purpose outside of being Danny's love interest and that's pretty sad.

The irony of you saying pairing Danny with Misty would drag her down when that's exactly what happened to Colleen. She did nothing but enable Danny's bad behavior, which didn't make her look all that strong or smart. In fact, it only highlights how silly it is to suggest that their relationship saves Danny as a character. He still turned out to be a polarizing character, to say the least. If anyone is gonna "save" him, it's Misty and Luke, two characters who would have no problem challenging him and calling out his BS.

And I see you missed the point of the Jessica/Luke comparison. It's funny though that you think their relationship disproves the viability of Misty and Danny when the opposite is true. As I said, the fact that the Netflix shows have explored all the canon relationships actually points to a Misty/Danny romance happening. Seems to me that you're basing your opinion on nothing more than what you want to happen.

Faith_Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:12 AM   #45
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,081
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

I think you are just biased in favor of the Colleen/Danny pairing Daneen.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:03 AM   #46
Daneen
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 38
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Cassidy View Post
Doesn't matter if the DD characters are different. The point still stands. Colleen doesn't need to be romantically paired with Danny in order to get story or screentime. Suggesting otherwise only tells me that you don't think she has much of a purpose outside of being Danny's love interest and that's pretty sad.

The irony of you saying pairing Danny with Misty would drag her down when that's exactly what happened to Colleen. She did nothing but enable Danny's bad behavior, which didn't make her look all that strong or smart. In fact, it only highlights how silly it is to suggest that their relationship saves Danny as a character. He still turned out to be a polarizing character, to say the least. If anyone is gonna "save" him, it's Misty and Luke, two characters who would have no problem challenging him and calling out his BS.

And I see you missed the point of the Jessica/Luke comparison. It's funny though that you think their relationship disproves the viability of Misty and Danny when the opposite is true. As I said, the fact that the Netflix shows have explored all the canon relationships actually points to a Misty/Danny romance happening. Seems to me that you're basing your opinion on nothing more than what you want to happen.
Seems to me you're also basing your opinion on what you want to happen.

While my opinion is currently and accurately correct in the show.

After defenders season 1 and iron fist season 2 when misty knight is still not romantically linked to iron fist i hope then you will realize its never going to happen.


Last edited by Daneen; 07-27-2017 at 03:07 AM.
Daneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:05 AM   #47
Daneen
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 38
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I think you are just biased in favor of the Colleen/Danny pairing Daneen.
And you two are biased in the favor of dany/misty pairing.

Also, i will mention colleen wing as a character is much better and far more interesting than Misty knight

Daneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:35 AM   #48
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 9,675
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

The Danny/Misty pairing could work. But, from what we've seen so far, it would obviously just be an attempt to mirror the comics and not from the existing story. Defenders could change that, we'll have to see.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:09 AM   #49
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 44,724
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

At the moment, it doesn't feel like Danny and Misty would really fit together. I wouldn't want them forced together, or we could get situations like in the various CW shows where certain characters were paired together just because it's like that in the comics, regardless of whether it feels organic to the story or their chemistry with each other.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #50
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,081
Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneen View Post
And you two are biased in the favor of dany/misty pairing.

Also, i will mention colleen wing as a character is much better and far more interesting than Misty knight
Because it's an important relationship from the comics and it's the first interracial romance in superhero comics that's been going on and off for decades.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.