The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Iron Fist

Old 07-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #51
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Default Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Because it's an important relationship from the comics and it's the first interracial romance in superhero comics that's been going on and off for decades.

Colleen and Danny are still interracial.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #52
Faith_Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneen View Post
Seems to me you're also basing your opinion on what you want to happen.

While my opinion is currently and accurately correct in the show.

After defenders season 1 and iron fist season 2 when misty knight is still not romantically linked to iron fist i hope then you will realize its never going to happen.
Ha. Your opinion is based on nothing more than Danny and Colleen currently being a couple on the show. And as I've already pointed out, there is no reason to believe the writers would have a problem breaking them up. Sure, I'd like to see a Misty/Danny romance but even if I didn't, there is actual reason to believe they could or should be together.

And I have to say, it's amusing that you feel compelled to insist to others that a certain couple isn't happening. I mean, if you're so convinced, why not leave me and others to believe or hope for whatever we want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Colleen and Danny are still interracial.
How is that relevant to Misty and Danny and their status as a groundbreaking couple? The two aren't interchangeable. Again, the Netflix shows have explored every canon couple thus far. It would be rather weird for them to ignore Misty/Danny, given their history and the fact that they'll be on the same show. And I don't buy the idea that they would't fit or would be any more forced than Danny/Luke, or Misty/Colleen. We know fans want those relationships (and every canon relationship we've seen) simply because it was an important part of the comics. Not sure why some view Misty/Danny any differently.

Faith_Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #53
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter

Isn't Netflix Misty a fair bit older than Danny?

The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #54
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Re: Colleen/Danny, while it is still interracial, yes, it doesn't have the same meaning as Misty/Danny. White/Black is much more transgressive, especially at the time, than White(man)/Asian(woman). If anything, the latter tends to fit into certain unfortunate "exoticism" cliches that are a bit racist themselves. Iron Fist didn't actually lean into such, but it still comes off a tad problematic when it replaces a canonical black/white relationship.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:15 PM   #55
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Re: Colleen/Danny, while it is still interracial, yes, it doesn't have the same meaning as Misty/Danny. White/Black is much more transgressive, especially at the time, than White(man)/Asian(woman). If anything, the latter tends to fit into certain unfortunate "exoticism" cliches that are a bit racist themselves. Iron Fist didn't actually lean into such, but it still comes off a tad problematic when it replaces a canonical black/white relationship.
A bit racist?

Try telling that to every Asian who is shunned by others in favour of whites, blacks, everyone else.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #56
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Because it's an important relationship from the comics and it's the first interracial romance in superhero comics that's been going on and off for decades.
Doesn't Killraven predate Iron Fist?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:03 PM   #57
Faith_Cassidy
Side-Kick

^^It does, but I guess it's easy to forget or not know about M'Shulla and Carmilla when ultimately, their relationship wasn't as significant, or at least, as popular as some others. In any case, Misty and Danny were still groudbreaking, especially with Misty being Marvel's first black female hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Isn't Netflix Misty a fair bit older than Danny?
Irrelevant. lol Seriously, it's interesting how no one brings up age in relation to Luke and Danny being BFFs or Misty and Colleen teaming up. It's only an issue for romantic pairings? I actually think the age gap potentially makes Misty and Danny's dynamic more interesting. We don't see a lot of older woman/younger man relationships on tv and this could be one that proves to be beneficial to Danny's character and development.

Last edited by Faith_Cassidy; 07-27-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:22 PM   #58
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

How about pairing up Misty and Colleen?

Old 07-27-2017, 09:05 PM   #59
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

None of the reasons I've seen posted here are reason enough to not possibly pursue a Misty/Danny pairing at some point. Who even says that's the end game for the show? They can still do it down the line.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:38 PM   #60
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
How about pairing up Misty and Colleen?
... yes please.

Random490 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #61
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

What about a polyamorous relationship?

- CM Punk
Old 07-27-2017, 09:48 PM   #62
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Misty, Colleen and Elektra?

Old 07-27-2017, 10:04 PM   #63
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Sure...and Danny.

- CM Punk
Old 07-28-2017, 02:26 AM   #64
Panacea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Cassidy View Post
How is that relevant to Misty and Danny and their status as a groundbreaking couple?
It's relevant because in the TV shows, which is what we're talking about - they would not be a ground-breaking couple, so there's not much reason to shoehorn it in there just for the sake of it.

Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:53 AM   #65
Faith_Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacea View Post
It's relevant because in the TV shows, which is what we're talking about - they would not be a ground-breaking couple, so there's not much reason to shoehorn it in there just for the sake of it.
Lol Please. Misty and Danny's history doesn't become irrelevant or less important just because the show decided to pair Collen and Danny. Colleen and Misty are not interchangeable. Also, did you look at Jessica and Luke and think the writers "shoehorned" their relationship into the show? How about Matt and Karen or Matt and Elektra or Luke and Claire?? Do you take issue with Luke and Danny becoming BFFs simply because they have that relationship in the comics? Are you realizing how silly this line of thinking is yet?

The most part amusing part to me is that of all the romantic couples, Danny and Colleen are the most forced of all. I mean, that couldn't have been more obvious just watching the show. But when an Iron Fist writer admits that the two were rushed into a sexual relationship because they realized that there was no sex on the show...well, that says it all.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #66
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

If they ever do Heroes For Hire or Daughter Of The Dragon then Bei Bei & Shawn Lee - Year Of The Funky would make a cool opening credits theme. East Meets West fusion

Old 07-28-2017, 06:48 PM   #67
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Unhappy Re: Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
If they ever do Heroes For Hire or Daughter Of The Dragon then Bei Bei & Shawn Lee - Year Of The Funky would make a cool opening credits theme. East Meets West fusion

I actually really dig this.

What about other street-level heroes? Shang-Chi, Blade, Elektra, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider and She-Hulk?

My choice for Ghost Rider is

Extreme metal meets western music complete with the words, "Ghost Riders" in the chorus. It's pretty much how I expect Ghost Rider to sound.

Choice for Blade is

New Orleans Blues which fits with Blade's setting along with some seriously world-weary lyrics which represent how Blade's been alive since the Victorian era.

Other choice for Blade

Also from the Deep South. Song is often mistaken for a reference to the supernatural since Robert Johnson is alleged to have sold his soul to Satan in exchange for guitar skill down at a crossroads.

My main choice for Elektra

Very Japanese influenced electronic music. Perfect for an actual Japanese ninja traveling the world to take down different branches of The Hand. Actual artist is female which helps. She's from France which is also pretty cool since so is Elodie Yung.

Last edited by Dasher10; 07-28-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:59 PM   #68
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Moon Knight Should sound like this.

Or possibly this

Or this

Or this

Moon Knight's opening credits theme needs to be just plain weird. I want it to sound like it was composed by aliens.

She-Hulk should be adult contemporary. Not picky. Just adult contemporary with a female singer-songwriter.

My main choice for Shang Chi would be some sort of Hong Kong Hip Hop but that's not a scene that I'm familiar with. Preferably something with influences from Cantopop that still sounds somewhat aggressive. Can anyone find something that sounds like that?

Last edited by Dasher10; 07-28-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:15 PM   #69
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The opening for Iron Fist sucked and they need a much better one for season 2.

Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones all have cool themes and great openings. Iron Fist does not.

Iron Fist season 2 theme or opening should basically be a Lalo Schifrin funky Kung Fu beat like Enter the Dragon.

- CM Punk
Old 07-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #70
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

They didn't change the opening for DD season 2. Don't know if they would do it for season 2 of Iron Fist.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:59 PM   #71
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
They didn't change the opening for DD season 2. Don't know if they would do it for season 2 of Iron Fist.
I doubt it will change. Opening credits were fine. It's simply everything else that sucked.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:11 PM   #72
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Also, does anyone else think that the official reason why Raven Metzner took over is really just an excuse to save face?

Old 07-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #73
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
They definitely should. Just because they haven't done it before doesn't mean they shouldn't.

They should be receptive to change.

- CM Punk
Old 07-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #74
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Also, does anyone else think that the official reason why Raven Metzner took over is really just an excuse to save face?
Save face for what exactly? Do you mean took over because of the really bad reviews? It's possible. But it could also be because Scott Buck is still busy with Inhumans and didn't have time to work on this show.

Also, it's not like Raven Metzner comes off like a big win for this show either. The dude co-wrote Elektra. If they got a Kevin Fuller, Shawn Ryan, or Kurt Sutter on here, it might be a different story.

- CM Punk
Old 07-29-2017, 01:57 AM   #75
Panacea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Cassidy View Post
Lol Please. Misty and Danny's history doesn't become irrelevant or less important just because the show decided to pair Collen and Danny.
In the context of the series, their history is non-existent.

Quote:
Colleen and Misty are not interchangeable. Also, did you look at Jessica and Luke and think the writers "shoehorned" their relationship into the show? How about Matt and Karen or Matt and Elektra or Luke and Claire?? Do you take issue with Luke and Danny becoming BFFs simply because they have that relationship in the comics? Are you realizing how silly this line of thinking is yet?
You seem confused. I never said there was anything wrong with them doing it, I said that shoe-horning it in there just for the sake of it makes no sense. If the showrunner thinks a Danny/Misty romance is what the series needs then great, do it, just don't upset the pre-existing narrative purely for the sake of copying something from the comics. The source material should be used by the writers to serve the series, not the other way around.

Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote