The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #476
mad-sci
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bradford, England
Posts: 835
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've just read some new STID spoilers - it's going to open HUGE, and implode... Seriously, the spoilers for who BC is playing? SO pointless....


OTOH, we STILL don't know what's happening in MOS. We can guess, we can assume, but there is still SO much unknown.

I'm totally impressed.

mad-sci is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #477
hopefuldreamer
Clark Kent > Superman
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,844
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Ahhh but that's not the thing that mentions the prometheus styled helmet unless he said that in a later post.
Ah, that may have come in after I decided to avoid possibly spoiler ridden accounts of the film. So I dunno!

__________________
Superman: "I can only tell you what I believe, Diana. humankind has to be allowed to climb to its own destiny. We can't carry them there."
Flash: "But that's what she's saying. What's the point? Why should they need us at all?"
Superman: "To catch them if they fall."
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #478
Mad Love
The Future of Justice
 
Mad Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paradise Island
Posts: 6,344
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MOS is about illegal immigration. Zod is going to be like: You guys accepted our last son, why can't we stay too?

PS. Let us rule you.

__________________
Wonder Woman will save saved the DCEU 2017!

"I think that [Wonder Woman and Batman] are very Alpha-type." - Gal Gadot
"I think [Wonder Woman] is the True North superhero of this posse." - Patty Jenkins
"Wonder Woman is the Best Fighter in the DC Universe" - Geoff Johns
Mad Love is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #479
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 26,747
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had a look at the SFX magazine its not really saying the next issue with be a Man of Steel special but it is the feature and there's an interview wit Henry Cavill.

BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #480
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,337
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
MOS is about illegal immigration. Zod is going to be like: You guys accepted our last son, why can't we stay too?

PS. Let us rule you.
zod: hi im zod
suprman: r u south american or something??

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #481
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 19,612
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Marvels little phase 2 release sure seems to be getting some internet coverage.
Hopefully MoS really steps up to the plate and shows the other side of the game.

__________________
"I care because filmmakers now make films under crippling security because of parasitic gossip. makes movies worse"
-James Mangold.
Marvin is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #482
Denish
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 631
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Marvels little phase 2 release sure seems to be getting some internet coverage.
Hopefully MoS really steps up to the plate and shows the other side of the game.
No..I think WB must wait till STID and IM3 finish their promotion, then WB must wait till the Marvel Phase 2 is over to start marketing MoS, because it might get lost in the buzz..sarcasm

Denish is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #483
mohoo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 732
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
No..I think WB must wait till STID and IM3 finish their promotion, then WB must wait till the Marvel Phase 2 is over to start marketing MoS, because it might get lost in the buzz..sarcasm
Actually that's quiet smart. Why waste your money between the big dogs when you can have all the space for you a whole month and a half after that?

mohoo is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #484
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,555
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We wwill see how smart it is on June 14th .

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #485
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,337
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
Actually that's quiet smart. Why waste your money between the big dogs when you can have all the space for you a whole month and a half after that?
That implies that MOS is a little dog. Why wouldn't the situation be that the other "big dogs" are threatened by MOS' marketing, rather than the other way around?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #486
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 19,612
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Releasing concept art or stills builds all kinds of internet buzz(in this day and age) and I can't imagine it costs all that much to do.

Does it even cost anything?

__________________
"I care because filmmakers now make films under crippling security because of parasitic gossip. makes movies worse"
-James Mangold.
Marvin is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #487
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,337
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A lot of these defenses of WB's marketing seem to me to betray an underlying fear that MOS might not be able to stand up to the competition face-to-face (as well as a completely misguided perception that audiences will only get excited about one film at a time).

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #488
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,337
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Releasing concept art or stills builds all kinds of internet buzz(in this day and age) and I can't imagine it costs all that much to do.

Does it even cost anything?
Not at all. All films take set pics and produce stills for use in promotional material. WB should already have them. All it takes to get them out there is one little press of a button, and whoosh they are on the MOS official FB or Twitter page. Piece of cake. Social networking does the rest.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #489
Simo
Side-Kick
 
Simo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another week...and no EW cover for MOS.

Simo is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #490
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
A lot of these defenses of WB's marketing seem to me to betray an underlying fear that MOS might not be able to stand up to the competition face-to-face (as well as a completely misguided perception that audiences will only get excited about one film at a time).
Right on piont quite frankly.

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #491
mad-sci
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bradford, England
Posts: 835
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Not at all. All films take set pics and produce stills for use in promotional material. WB should already have them. All it takes to get them out there is one little press of a button, and whoosh they are on the MOS official FB or Twitter page. Piece of cake. Social networking does the rest.

It's also never been done by WB, because they want to keep MOS spoiler free.


Could WB release stills? Yes, of course.

But... Why?


MOS is 100% complete. Concept art of a finished film? No.

Concept art of films going into production? Maybe.


Could WB have released concept art for MOS when it started filming? Yes, but I'm glad they didn't.


Have another look at the concept art released by Marvel - 2 for CA2 (the least successful Marvel Universe film group), actual film stills from Thor 2 (showing.... Nothing), and lots of art for Ant Man and GOTG - without doubt, THE riskiest Marvel project yet. Audience awareness - zero.


If WB released concept art for MOS, will the GA pay attention? No, the hardcore fans will only. They've already got that audience aware, so why pander additionally to them now?


Just be bloody patient.


I'm gonna say this again. We have seen next to nothing of MOS, but people ARE aware of it. Are we as aware as STID, or IM3? No. But right now, we don't need to be.

I have had SO much of these 2 May films spoiled by December last year, that my interest has dropped. With 1 month to go, how many more scenes are gonna be spoiled? Odds are I'll know almost the entire plot before either movie is released. Talk about blowing your load...

WHY would you want MOS to have the same approach???

mad-sci is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #492
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick
 
Dragon_316ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,555
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/da-vinci...nnibalism-more

Tom Riley:
Quote:
TR: I think he probably has seasons two, three and four of this show mapped out, of another show he’s probably going to invent, of Man of Steel, of Man of Steel 2… I think he’s probably just got it all going on. His is an amazing mind.

And you’d be on board for future seasons should they come up?
TR: Oh yeah, absolutely. And I’ll be in Man of Steel 2! It’s one of those shows that you don’t want to let go of.

Speaking of Man of Steel, and the Justice League, have you been able to wheedle out any…
TR: [Interrupting] I know everything.

Do you now?

TR: Everything. Everything. Can’t tell you a thing though.

LH:
[Laughing] I know nothing!

Just one thing, a small one?

TR: All I’ll tell you is… Because Batman is the only one who has no powers, halfway through, he wants super-speed, so he cooks and eats The Flash.
Has this been posted yet?

So much for people here wanting new news, or that you guys put me on ignore. lol.

__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/Dragon_316_ca

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!

Last edited by Dragon_316ca; 04-03-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Dragon_316ca is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #493
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,555
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another possibilty is that they havent released a lot about action scenes because they only have a few Major Action Setpieces , Like SR.

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #494
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,337
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

mad_sci, you have to spoil some things to build interest in marketing. That's what marketing is for.

However, you don't have to spoil anything major. A few promo pics of Zod wouldn't spoil much. A few promo pics of Lois wouldn't spoil much. Its not like you have to dish out plot points. The "marketing = spoilers so that's why WB is avoiding it" argument is absurd. That's a completely backwards way to think about marketing.

But then, it is right in line with your argument from yesterday that "marketing is only to create awareness, not build interest."

Also, where has WB stated that they want to keep MOS "spoiler free?" I keep seeing this touted as fact, as if that's the reason behind their whole marketing strategy, when I've never seen such a statement from the horse's mouth.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #495
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post

Also, where has WB stated that they want to keep MOS "spoiler free?" I keep seeing this touted as fact, as if that's the reason behind their whole marketing strategy, when I've never seen such a statement from the horse's mouth.
Goyer implied that to be the reason behind the secretive marketing-also let us know that its Nolan doing.

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #496
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,337
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Goyer implied that to be the reason behind the secretive marketing-also let us know that its Nolan doing.
Where?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #497
mohoo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 732
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
That implies that MOS is a little dog. Why wouldn't the situation be that the other "big dogs" are threatened by MOS' marketing, rather than the other way around?
They're all big dogs (Although they're certainly in a better place for being sequels to successful films)

But why go against them when you don't need to?

ST and IM3 have to go against each other, they don't have a choice. MoS have a privilege they don't have.

The strongest marketing happens the last few weeks, that's April for them, they will put every last marketing card they have in this period, MoS can't do that, they launch a month and a half later.

The same goes for them if they were in MoS's place. Why go against MoS's full power marketing with your weaker campaign when you have whole weeks all for you?


Last edited by mohoo; 04-03-2013 at 10:50 AM.
mohoo is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #498
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Where?
I believe in the last interview.Too lazy to pull it up but someone in this forum shld know the one im referring to

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #499
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19,337
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
But why go against them when you don't need to?
Why avoid them if you don't have to? The GA can be excited about multiple films at one time. Given that MOS won't have to compete that much with Star Trek and IM3 in terms of ticket sales due to its release date, it shouldn't really be threatened that much by the marketing of those two films.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #500
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3
 
Norek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,476
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I feel like there should be a separate thread called "WB's MoS Marketing Strategy Discussion".

__________________
"This is NOT the comics. There WON'T be a Batman IV, there will be a reboot." - Nevincer

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.