The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Old Today, 03:38 PM   #526
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: Can you see this? The Invisible Woman thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
Storm sibs!!
Um...whaaaa? I can't help but take offense to this slogan. Is this photo officially from FOX? Challenge what world as we know it? Do they mean challenge and disregard the Fantastic Four world as it's been established in the comics for decades?

There was nothing wrong with that world--or the relationships it consistently presented. There is something VERY wrong with forcing this heavy-handed "remix" down our throats though.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Lightning Strykez! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:27 PM   #527
TheComicbookKid
Where Are My Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Um...whaaaa? I can't help but take offense to this slogan. Is this photo officially from FOX? Challenge what world as we know it? Do they mean challenge and disregard the Fantastic Four world as it's been established in the comics for decades?

There was nothing wrong with that world--or the relationships it consistently presented. There is something VERY wrong with forcing this heavy-handed "remix" down our throats though.
Calm down with the victimization. The tag line for the movie has been "when you change the world prepare to defend it." The freaking quantum gateway is offensive to you?

I really love the festering boil of hate this thread is. I'll never understand obsessively talking about how bad a film no one has seen yet is going to be, or people who obsessively talk about how they aren't gonna see the film.... Is it worth getting worked up into a nice frothy rage? Not a chance. Not a chance in hell.
TheComicbookKid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 PM   #528
Boom
I got nothin'

So um, what did they do to Mara's hair?

Old Today, 04:36 PM   #529
Sleiek
DC/MARVEL for LIFE

Quote:
Calm down with the victimization. The tag line for the movie has been "when you change the world prepare to defend it." The freaking quantum gateway is offensive to you?

Old Today, 04:40 PM   #530
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
So um, what did they do to Mara's hair?
"Fixed" it.

RAE072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #531
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
First of all: I don't require "calming down". I'd never seen that captioned photo before which is why I asked what message it was trying to portray--especially with that particular photo of the "Storms".

Secondly, the quantum gateway is the least of things that I find offensive about this project, trust me.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; Today at 04:47 PM.
Old Today, 04:42 PM   #532
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAE072 View Post
"Fixed" it.

Old Today, 04:45 PM   #533
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
I mean, THAT'S what we were all complaining about right?

Her hair style?

Reshoot money well spent!

Old Today, 04:48 PM   #534
TheComicbookKid
Where Are My Children

Quote:
First of all: I don't require "calming down". Secondly, the quantum gateway is the least of things that I find offensive about this project, trust me.
You do require some perpective. Cause that slogan fits with the rest of that twitpic campaign and nothing about offending you or the books. You don't like it that's fine but don't ride in on your "lightning" horse making uninformed statements.

I really love the festering boil of hate this thread is. I'll never understand obsessively talking about how bad a film no one has seen yet is going to be, or people who obsessively talk about how they aren't gonna see the film.... Is it worth getting worked up into a nice frothy rage? Not a chance. Not a chance in hell.
Old Today, 04:49 PM   #535
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAE072 View Post
I mean, THAT'S what we were all complaining about right?

Her hair style?

Reshoot money well spent!
Don't ever change, RAE072.

Old Today, 05:00 PM   #536
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Don't ever change, RAE072.
I've never let Ya down befoooore

Old Today, 05:10 PM   #537
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Kind of amusing how Fox continues to release boring photos of characters conversing/smiling/internet surfing with epic captions like "PROTECT THE UNIVERSE" stamped onto them. It's almost as if they genuinely believe this is good marketing.

lordofthenerds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:16 PM   #538
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthenerds View Post
Kind of amusing how Fox continues to release boring photos of characters conversing/smiling/internet surfing with epic captions like "PROTECT THE UNIVERSE" stamped onto them. It's almost as if they genuinely believe this is good marketing.
It's either malicious or stupid. Not sure which one I'll buy though.

Old Today, 05:27 PM   #539
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
You do require some perpective. Cause that slogan fits with the rest of that twitpic campaign and nothing about offending you or the books. You don't like it that's fine but don't ride in on your "lightning" horse making uninformed statements.
Oh, I see. It's clear from your avatar where your perspective is. Well, good for you.

You claim this fits in with FOX's twitpic campaign? That's good too. Especially if it's not intended to offend me or the books as you say. However, that's not how I took it.

You mentioned the words "uninformed" and "perspective" in your post...how apropos. Well, let's talk about perspective. I've never lost mine. But the true loss of understanding what this comic is about can be found at the root of this entire production--all the way from the studio, to the director, scribes AND the actors (cue any one of Michael B. Jordan's polarizing statements about the fan community). And now we can see this misinformed approach manifesting itself through the studio's confused, bipolar marketing program. So yeah, you can bet your ass I don't like it.

And neither does my lightning horse.

Old Today, 05:29 PM   #540
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I think Mara is going to do a great job.

Mad Ones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:34 PM   #541
TheComicbookKid
Where Are My Children

Quote:
Oh, I see. It's clear from your avatar where your perspective is. Well, good for you.

You claim this fits in with FOX's twitpic campaign? That's good too. Especially if it's not intended to offend me or the books as you say. However, that's not how I took it.

You mentioned the words "uninformed" and "perspective"...how apropos. The real loss of perspective of what this comic is about can be found at the root of this entire production--all the way from the studio, to the director, scribes AND the actors (cue any one of Michael B. Jordan's polarizing statements about the fan community). And now we can see this misinformed approach manifesting itself through the studio's confused, bipolar marketing program. So yeah, you can bet your ass I don't like it.

And neither does my lightning horse.
You really got all that from a picture?

I'm not "claiming" anything. It's a fact if you took 1 minute to actually look. But that wasn't the point was it? You took offensive cause you wanted to. This misinformed production has been that way from the start it has nothing to do with this photo. I wanted to post a cool pic with no drama but I guess that wasn't meant to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
There are different types of trolls that use different types of techniques. But one common characteristic that all trolls share is they crave attention. They disrupt conversations so it becomes about them instead of the real topic.
calling it like WL sees them.

Old Today, 05:35 PM   #542
TheComicbookKid
Where Are My Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I think so too.

Old Today, 05:41 PM   #543
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
Of the entire cast, she's the least of my concerns. Mara is more of a curiosity for me...a big question mark. For example, I do have doubts she's going to embody the true nature of Invisible Woman at this stage of the franchise. From what I've seen in the trailers and footage, her maturity level is not there yet. And I wonder what kind of mothering/nurturing dynamic she'd have with Michael B. Jordan's character. Or anyone else on the team. Perhaps it's something she'll grow into should the franchise survive to have another sequel.

Someone here mentioned that Jessica Alba's take on the character came across as a b**** in the first 2 films--which I agree. She whined a lot. I'm not sure Kate Mara's character will be whiny or not, but she does come across cold and dry--and a touch "Mean Girls" in what I've seen thus far. That's not Susan Storm either.

Old Today, 05:50 PM   #544
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
You really got all that from a picture?
Oh nooooo...not just that one picture my friend. Rather, I've gotten that from the entire marketing message for this production. This is a situation where the sum of the whole actually is greater than the parts.

Quote:
I'm not "claiming" anything. It's a fact if you took 1 minute to actually look. But that wasn't the point was it? You took offensive cause you wanted to. This misinformed production has been that way from the start it has nothing to do with this photo. I wanted to post a cool pic with no drama but I guess that wasn't meant to be.
You're missing the point. This photo is a small representation of a far greater symbolic picture. My posted response to you reflects my view of the film's overall "look" as its presented itself on-line thus far. I didn't take "offense because I wanted to." I took offense because I think the photo's slogan is dumb as hell. LOL

Quote:

calling it like WL sees them.
I see what you did there. Nice try, but um, no. You're talking as if this forum is a love fest for this film. It's not. And there's no "disruption" here ComicbookKid. Let's keep it real: you're just annoyed that I blasted the photo you posted.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; Today at 05:55 PM.
Old Today, 06:06 PM   #545
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

The Fantastic Four in the comics challenge the world as they know it. They literally reveal the world is not as we know it.

Mad Ones is online now   Reply With Quote