The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #551
Double B
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

I'm sticking to my initial thoughts and saying that Xavier, young and old, meet in some sort of astral/telepathic way and in the future, Xavier is still dead.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #552
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
"It’s great. It’s really good and strong. I think fans will love it. I think people who have never seen any of the X-Men films before are going to be really into it."
im guessing alot of the events in X3 are going to be skipped over for this film like the cure and stuff

Quote:
I think it’s satisfying and giving people what they want, while at the same time being challenging and giving them something different, new, and unexpected.
sounds to be a very different sort of Xmen movie

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)
Old 03-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #553
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
I'm sticking to my initial thoughts and saying that Xavier, young and old, meet in some sort of astral/telepathic way and in the future, Xavier is still dead.
many things are suggesting it, so Im starting to believe it too.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #554
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
not only have we seen a picture of the old Xavier wheel chair but we seen the end credit scene for X3 which shows him to be alive in some form..

i dont think there will be any projection here

Old 03-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #555
venus_ice
Side-Kick

I'm so glad he liked Ellen and we get to have her back.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #556
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it rubs salt in the wound when you hear bryan say he wouldn't have killed all the characters off and would have done things differently

hopefully he will fix what X3 done

Old 03-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #557
DarknessOfDeath
Rebel Scoundrel

Me too. I love Ellen Page. She's a good actress. I wish she was in the first two X-Men movies.

Margot Robbie | Ben Affleck | Will Smith | Gal Gadot | Jared Leto
~The New Faces of the DCEU~
Old 03-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #558
DarknessOfDeath
Rebel Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
it rubs salt in the wound when you hear brian say he wouldn't have killed all the characters off and would have done things differently

yeah and i don't think he would have killed off Scott and Jean, or the Professor. Bryan wouldn't do that... I wish he did X3 instead of Ratner.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #559
The Batman
The Dark Knight

....I kinda want Moira to come back.

But I'm pretty sure its only because I like Rose Bryne. She dosen't need to come back, and her story's pretty much wrapped up.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #560
DarknessOfDeath
Rebel Scoundrel

I doubt Rose will come back... I mean...Didn't she say that she wasn't sure wither she was coming back or not? She and along with January Jones weren't sure wither they would be back. As much as I like Rose...I think we've seen the last of her as Moira

Old 03-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #561
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
It's possible they meet on the astral plane. Xavier's consciousness could exist there even though his physical body was destroyed.

In the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon, he communicated with the present-day X-Men from the future in the form of an astral projection. As Wikipedia states: "Xavier telepathically contacts the X-Men twenty years from the present in an alternate dystopian future and informs Wolverine that he is to lead and reunite the X-Men if they wish to successfully prevent the inevitable war that will cause the world to fall under the domination of Master Mold and the Sentinels."

Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #562
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

so everyone thinks they will ignore the end credit scene and just say he dead? even though we seen a picture of his wheel chair?

if what james says is true it sounds like anyone who hasn't seen any of the previous Xmen movies will be able to fit right in and get it

Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #563
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
yeah and i don't think he would have killed off Scott and Jean, or the Professor. Bryan wouldn't do that... I wish he did X3 instead of Ratner.
Jean would have died physically in human form, but gone on to exist as cosmic consciousness among the stars.

I doubt he would have killed either Cyclops or Xavier.

But what's done is done in that version of events. Bryan will now fix what he can.

After all, someone might die in one reality but not have died at all in a parallel world.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #564
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
so everyone thinks they will ignore the end credit scene and just say he dead? even though we seen a picture of his wheel chair?

if what james says is true it sounds like anyone who hasn't seen any of the previous Xmen movies will be able to fit right in and get it
We're just throwing round ideas and thoughts. No one knows what they have in mind.

The wheelchair does suggest he is alive in physical form at some point. That could happen as a result of the changed timelines, or for some other reason.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #565
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
We're just throwing round ideas and thoughts. No one knows what they have in mind.

The wheelchair does suggest he is alive in physical form at some point. That could happen as a result of the changed timelines, or for some other reason.
but wouldn't changes in the timeline be at the end? and singer wouldn't show us something that would spoil that surely

Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #566
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

sounds like singer has watched all the films recently, wonder if that includes origins, and in which case will there be connections to origins also.. hmm..

Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #567
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
but wouldn't changes in the timeline be at the end? and singer wouldn't show us something that would spoil that surely
Maybe, I really don't know.

But if he's not spoiling the end, and Xavier is alive and in his chair at the beginning, it means he is either totally ignoring X3 (which he says he isn't) or it's an alternate future where Xavier didn't get disintegrated by Phoenix.

EDIT: Or it means that Xavier is in the body of his identical braindead twin and the post-credits scene of X3 is accepted as canon.

Last edited by X-Maniac; 03-17-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #568
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
As X-Maniac pointed out, yes, he would have. That's the point. She is supposed to die.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #569
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Me too. I love Ellen Page. She's a good actress. I wish she was in the first two X-Men movies.
Agreed. Ellen Page is the only reason I'd bother to rewatch Last Stand.

Quote:
I doubt Rose will come back... I mean...Didn't she say that she wasn't sure wither she was coming back or not? She and along with January Jones weren't sure wither they would be back. As much as I like Rose...I think we've seen the last of her as Moira
It kinda sucks, but those are the breaks. I hope there's a chance that Banshee and Havok return, though.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #570
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Maybe, I really don't know.

But if he's not spoiling the end, and Xavier is alive and in his chair at the beginning, it means he is either totally ignoring X3 (which he says he isn't) or it's an alternate future where Xavier didn't get disintegrated by Phoenix.
still got that end credit scene from X3 though, singer could just use that and say he is alive

Old 03-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #571
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
still got that end credit scene from X3 though, singer could just use that and say he is alive
Yep, I just edited my earlier post to add in that other option.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #572
Double B
Side-Kick

I'm not sure why the wheelchair is that significant in proof as to whether Xavier is alive or dead.

He wouldn't just appear as a disembodied voice in a visual medium like film. They could meet in an astral plane, with both men in wheelchairs.

I will die of shock if Singer chooses to use that tacky, awful coda of X3 as a way to bring Xavier back.

"Oh by the way, you guys, this is me, Charles. I've transferred my mind into my never-before-mentioned, completely identical twin brother. Oh, and he's crippled too."

No.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #573
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

I have not watched x3 since seeing it in theaters in summer 2006.

Can't bring myself to do it.

It's weird for young and old Xavier to have a scene together. What's the point of the time traveller?

Based on some of the new quotes I'm beginning to wonder if there is any time travel happening...

Old 03-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #574
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not sure why the wheelchair is that significant in proof as to whether Xavier is alive or dead.

He wouldn't just appear as a disembodied voice in a visual medium like film. They could meet in an astral plane, with both men in wheelchairs.
why would Xavier be dead and in the astral plane in a wheel chair? poor guy even after death he still in his chair

Quote:
I will die of shock if Singer chooses to use that tacky, awful coda of X3 as a way to bring Xavier back.

"Oh by the way, you guys, this is me, Charles. I've transferred my mind into my never-before-mentioned, completely identical twin brother. Oh, and he's crippled too."

No.
but singer has said he isnt ignoring X3, so it would just bring up more questions if singer was to ignore it

its hard to say as james has made it sound like you don't need to have watch any of the previous Xmen to get into this film so who knows

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-17-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #575
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
why would Xavier be dead and in the astral plane in a wheel chair? poor guy even after death he still in his chair

but singer has said he isnt ignoring X3, so it would just bring up more questions if singer was to ignore it

its hard to say but james has made it sound like you don't need to have watch any of the previous Xmen to get into this film so who knows
It would just be a stylistic choice, really. I mean, the wheelchair is iconic Professor X. I could totally see a scene where young and old Xavier meet in an astral place, the one exceptionally powerful mutant, and it's two gentlemen in wheelchairs, talking - offset against all the other action of the film.

I know Bryan did say that, but to be honest, how much of the general audience are even aware it happened?

If there was one moment from X3 that I would imagine not being addressed, it's that moment. It was so bloody silly.

Closed Thread