The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2018, 05:33 PM   #126
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,552
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Sometimes the actor can do pretty good damage control.....it is her fans that are causing most of the problems but not being on social media I guess shelters her from any of the crap they bring.

IMHO, there comes a time when the actor steps up and at least acknowledges what their fans are doing. Ex.... when Chris Wood was on TVD, he was dating one of the other actresses and his fans did not like her. They got very nasty, and he tweeted once in reference to these fans telling them to cut it out and it chilled quite a bit, not all of it of course, but there was a noticeable decrease in vitriolic tweets.
But Chris was already active on social media when he did that. Once you engage with these people, it can be quite difficult to make a clean break, and it can easily backfire and become like poking a hornet’s nest. I say if she’s somehow managed to stay disengaged so far, it’s probably best to stay that way. Because there’s no real “undo” once you do. She’s clearly a private person which is a difficult status to maintain in this industry, so I say good on her if she wants to stay that way.

I know if it were me, I wouldn’t go near this garbage with a 10 ft. pole.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #127
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,894
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Lol as far as that goes...do people usually have a captions about having their shirt on when they wear shirts?
I mean, he has his shirt off if he talking about snow, or about being a gypsy, or about his favorite food, or about being a vegan or about one of his songs, or about the show.....it's always shirt off, muscles flexed.

Not really a turn on for me....pretty much a turn off.

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:08 PM   #128
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,894
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
But Chris was already active on social media when he did that. Once you engage with these people, it can be quite difficult to make a clean break, and it can easily backfire and become like poking a hornet’s nest. I say if she’s somehow managed to stay disengaged so far, it’s probably best to stay that way. Because there’s no real “undo” once you do. She’s clearly a private person which is a difficult status to maintain in this industry, so I say good on her if she wants to stay that way.

I know if it were me, I wouldn’t go near this garbage with a 10 ft. pole.
I can see that, but not being on any social media has made her quite naive in how to handle fans in person. FOR INSTANCE.... at a meet and greet last year, she is handed a picture of her and Melissa (have no idea if they were hugging or if it was a manip, some have said it was a manip of her and Lena kissing, I have no idea) BUT her comment as she was signing it was something similar to "Melissa is not going to like this...." and laughed. That one simple, I'm sure not meaning any harm at all, set off a firestorm of hate to Melissa saying that she was "homophobic" and that has not stopped to this day.

So, IMO her lack of non-awareness really hurt a fellow actor....especially since it was quite clear that they have spoken about what was going on on Twitter or she would have never made that particular statement.

IMO, EVERYONE ON THAT SHOW NEEDS TO SHUT THE HELL UP....stop pushing ships that are not ever going to happen and spurring the "fanons" on to a hope that what they want becomes "canon" when we know damn good and well that it won't.

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:48 PM   #129
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20,982
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I mean, he has his shirt off if he talking about snow, or about being a gypsy, or about his favorite food, or about being a vegan or about one of his songs, or about the show.....it's always shirt off, muscles flexed.

Not really a turn on for me....pretty much a turn off.
Maybe he doesn't like shirts?

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:10 PM   #130
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,894
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Maybe he doesn't like shirts?
He just has a huge ego.......

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:13 PM   #131
batdude
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Albq. New Mexico
Posts: 2,384
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Sometimes the actor can do pretty good damage control.....it is her fans that are causing most of the problems but not being on social media I guess shelters her from any of the crap they bring.

IMHO, there comes a time when the actor steps up and at least acknowledges what their fans are doing. Ex.... when Chris Wood was on TVD, he was dating one of the other actresses and his fans did not like her. They got very nasty, and he tweeted once in reference to these fans telling them to cut it out and it chilled quite a bit, not all of it of course, but there was a noticeable decrease in vitriolic tweets.
Didn't Chris Wood date Nina Dobrev as well as Melissa Benoist? that kind of luck means a lot of gossip and online jealous behavior. Not sure if this show has "Olicity" levels of nonsense though.

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:22 PM   #132
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!
 
Sithborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16,618
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

I wish for olicity levels of insanity...

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #133
batdude
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Albq. New Mexico
Posts: 2,384
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I can see that, but not being on any social media has made her quite naive in how to handle fans in person. FOR INSTANCE.... at a meet and greet last year, she is handed a picture of her and Melissa (have no idea if they were hugging or if it was a manip, some have said it was a manip of her and Lena kissing, I have no idea) BUT her comment as she was signing it was something similar to "Melissa is not going to like this...." and laughed. That one simple, I'm sure not meaning any harm at all, set off a firestorm of hate to Melissa saying that she was "homophobic" and that has not stopped to this day.

So, IMO her lack of non-awareness really hurt a fellow actor....especially since it was quite clear that they have spoken about what was going on on Twitter or she would have never made that particular statement.

IMO, EVERYONE ON THAT SHOW NEEDS TO SHUT THE HELL UP....stop pushing ships that are not ever going to happen and spurring the "fanons" on to a hope that what they want becomes "canon" when we know damn good and well that it won't.
Look, it's pretty obvious Melissa is straight and Katie made a bad joke. it happens.

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:29 PM   #134
batdude
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Albq. New Mexico
Posts: 2,384
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I mean, he has his shirt off if he talking about snow, or about being a gypsy, or about his favorite food, or about being a vegan or about one of his songs, or about the show.....it's always shirt off, muscles flexed.

Not really a turn on for me....pretty much a turn off.
Mechad probably watched way too much professional wrestling

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:47 PM   #135
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Snow-covered Mountain top
Posts: 153,259
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
Didn't Chris Wood date Nina Dobrev as well as Melissa Benoist? that kind of luck means a lot of gossip and online jealous behavior. Not sure if this show has "Olicity" levels of nonsense though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
I wish for olicity levels of insanity...
It's gone way beyond that, they were just a hardcore group of shippers that shipped an actual ship, these are a set of fans with a specific agenda that have latched onto a non existent ship because one of the actresses played a Lesbian on another show, and have since went out of their way to attack anyone from cast to fans that they see as in the way of their fan fiction ship.

__________________
"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"
Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:02 PM   #136
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,552
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I can see that, but not being on any social media has made her quite naive in how to handle fans in person. FOR INSTANCE.... at a meet and greet last year, she is handed a picture of her and Melissa (have no idea if they were hugging or if it was a manip, some have said it was a manip of her and Lena kissing, I have no idea) BUT her comment as she was signing it was something similar to "Melissa is not going to like this...." and laughed. That one simple, I'm sure not meaning any harm at all, set off a firestorm of hate to Melissa saying that she was "homophobic" and that has not stopped to this day.

So, IMO her lack of non-awareness really hurt a fellow actor....especially since it was quite clear that they have spoken about what was going on on Twitter or she would have never made that particular statement.

IMO, EVERYONE ON THAT SHOW NEEDS TO SHUT THE HELL UP....stop pushing ships that are not ever going to happen and spurring the "fanons" on to a hope that what they want becomes "canon" when we know damn good and well that it won't.
I personally think it's ridiculous to put any blame on Katie for this. I saw the video you're referring to and that comment was perfectly harmless, imo. It was the kind of comment she'd probably likewise expect Melissa to make if their roles were reversed. Like "look, it's a pic of us making out - she'll give me a hard time about this!" Anyone would make a comment like that when presented with a fabricated pic of themselves making out with their friend. It's absolutely not her fault that some fans make mountains out of...what's smaller than a molehill? I see nothing wrong or "naive" about that behavior vs. anything the other actors have done. All evidence I've seen is that Katie seems absolutely lovely with both fans and her co-stars and blaming her for her fans' behavior is no different than blaming Melissa for laughing at Jeremy's poorly-thought-out joke at SDCC that set everybody off (that's where the "Melissa is homophobic" talk caught fire, from where I'm sitting. Katie had nothing to do with it. So Jeremy and Melissa were just as "naive" and they ARE on social media.). It was completely harmless behavior interpreted and blown up by toxic fans, and the actors can't possibly be held responsible for those particular fans' BS, imo. If she were on social media she'd only have to walk on eggshells MORE, not less, to avoid saying the "wrong" thing, or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
He just has a huge ego.......
Yeah, this seems pretty clear to me.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."



Last edited by flickchick85; 05-08-2018 at 08:19 PM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:12 AM   #137
SSAV
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 267
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I personally think it's ridiculous to put any blame on Katie for this. I saw the video you're referring to and that comment was perfectly harmless, imo. It was the kind of comment she'd probably likewise expect Melissa to make if their roles were reversed. Like "look, it's a pic of us making out - she'll give me a hard time about this!" Anyone would make a comment like that when presented with a fabricated pic of themselves making out with their friend. It's absolutely not her fault that some fans make mountains out of...what's smaller than a molehill? I see nothing wrong or "naive" about that behavior vs. anything the other actors have done. All evidence I've seen is that Katie seems absolutely lovely with both fans and her co-stars and blaming her for her fans' behavior is no different than blaming Melissa for laughing at Jeremy's poorly-thought-out joke at SDCC that set everybody off (that's where the "Melissa is homophobic" talk caught fire, from where I'm sitting. Katie had nothing to do with it. So Jeremy and Melissa were just as "naive" and they ARE on social media.). It was completely harmless behavior interpreted and blown up by toxic fans, and the actors can't possibly be held responsible for those particular fans' BS, imo. If she were on social media she'd only have to walk on eggshells MORE, not less, to avoid saying the "wrong" thing, or whatever.


Yeah, this seems pretty clear to me.
Sorry to jump into this conversation, but this is something I have wondered about as well.

What you say is true.

I had not thought about it this way. So, thank you. The videos of her seems to have been pretty nice and anyways, the cast seem a pretty friendly bunch.

I agree, that post SDCC, any comment by Katie would not have been helpful at all. The fan loyalty is fickle... and if Katie had disagreed, I am not sure she would have remained a fan favourite. Even if that is not the case, may be, some day she would make a mistake (as it is human to do so), and someone will come after her.

That is pretty much the way of things in social media these days. It seems to have become a bullying tool and a sledgehammer rather than a way to connect and get news.

Or.. at least, it has become so for some people.

SSAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #138
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,894
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I personally think it's ridiculous to put any blame on Katie for this. I saw the video you're referring to and that comment was perfectly harmless, imo. It was the kind of comment she'd probably likewise expect Melissa to make if their roles were reversed. Like "look, it's a pic of us making out - she'll give me a hard time about this!" Anyone would make a comment like that when presented with a fabricated pic of themselves making out with their friend. It's absolutely not her fault that some fans make mountains out of...what's smaller than a molehill? I see nothing wrong or "naive" about that behavior vs. anything the other actors have done. All evidence I've seen is that Katie seems absolutely lovely with both fans and her co-stars and blaming her for her fans' behavior is no different than blaming Melissa for laughing at Jeremy's poorly-thought-out joke at SDCC that set everybody off (that's where the "Melissa is homophobic" talk caught fire, from where I'm sitting. Katie had nothing to do with it. So Jeremy and Melissa were just as "naive" and they ARE on social media.). It was completely harmless behavior interpreted and blown up by toxic fans, and the actors can't possibly be held responsible for those particular fans' BS, imo. If she were on social media she'd only have to walk on eggshells MORE, not less, to avoid saying the "wrong" thing, or whatever.


Yeah, this seems pretty clear to me.
Whoa, damn.....

What happened at SDCC was after the meet and greet with Katie, her stans were already on the bandwagon, SDCC simply threw more gasoline on the fire and that is when they brought in Gay activists throwing around getting lawyers.

I'm not saying she should get on social media, simply be more aware of what her stans are doing and saying. If I were here I would be totally embarrassed by some of this, and maybe she is, but I have not seen any indication of that.

Also, there are many ways to make your point known....Melissa does this pretty well through her social media, through humor as she did when she was slammed by the organizers of the Nashville Convention when she had to cancel a Saturday because they changed the filming of the opening scene of Ep. 1 and she posted (a very innocent IG looking out her honey wagon on set) and the guy spouts off about vacation time)...she waited a few days and then comically made her thoughts known about how she felt about his comments....and it was done.

I do believe that Katie did take the picture with Mehcad which he uses in his most recent IG of them together to make it known that she is cool with Mehcad. THAT type of thing is what I'm talking about....she does not have to tweet specifically to what has happened recently on his IG and twitter...simply show the support, very much in the way she did....more of that would be helpful I believe, that's all.

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Last edited by Kelly; 05-09-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #139
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,894
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
It's gone way beyond that, they were just a hardcore group of shippers that shipped an actual ship, these are a set of fans with a specific agenda that have latched onto a non existent ship because one of the actresses played a Lesbian on another show, and have since went out of their way to attack anyone from cast to fans that they see as in the way of their fan fiction ship.
THIS.....is exactly what has happened.

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #140
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,552
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Whoa, damn.....

What happened at SDCC was after the meet and greet with Katie, her stans were already on the bandwagon, SDCC simply threw more gasoline on the fire and that is when they brought in Gay activists throwing around getting lawyers.

I'm not saying she should get on social media, simply be more aware of what her stans are doing and saying. If I were here I would be totally embarrassed by some of this, and maybe she is, but I have not seen any indication of that.

Also, there are many ways to make your point known....Melissa does this pretty well through her social media, through humor as she did when she was slammed by the organizers of the Nashville Convention when she had to cancel a Saturday because they changed the filming of the opening scene of Ep. 1 and she posted (a very innocent IG looking out her honey wagon on set) and the guy spouts off about vacation time)...she waited a few days and then comically made her thoughts known about how she felt about his comments....and it was done.

I do believe that Katie did take the picture with Mehcad which he uses in his most recent IG of them together to make it known that she is cool with Mehcad. THAT type of thing is what I'm talking about....she does not have to tweet specifically to what has happened recently on his IG and twitter...simply show the support, very much in the way she did....more of that would be helpful I believe, that's all.
I just don’t think the cast members that are on social media have done themselves ANY favors here, Melissa included, and so i guess I still think Katie’s wise to stay out of it. But agree to disagree. *shrug*

And also about SDCC - that was pretty clearly where people turned on Melissa, IMO. Then they went BACK and read into Katie’s previous comments differently after the fact. I remember when that video was first posted, people liked the idea of Melissa teasing Katie about it. It was only after Melissa “betrayed” them (lol) at SDCC that they went back and started over-analyzing every little thing she or Katie said.

Even David Harewood, who is constantly feeding the fans BTS stuff and generally beloved, got nothing but backlash when he very politely tried to get fans to tone it down. It’s a no-win scenario, IMO.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."



Last edited by flickchick85; 05-09-2018 at 01:35 PM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:48 AM   #141
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,550
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

The new Supergirl novel, Curse of the Ancients, is now available in bookstores.

It has the female Dr. Light and Jason Blood. It also has Lena Luthor in the DEO offices. This takes place before the 3rd season.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:36 PM   #142
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,552
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

So Caitlin Parrish, one of the better writers on this show, imo, will likely be leaving next season, as a pilot she wrote just got picked up at CBS, so I'm guessing she'll be an exec producer/showrunner there.

Hopefully they bring on another comics writer to fill her spot - if they can't get Sterling Gates back from The Flash (where he's being wasted!), I'd love to see them consider bringing on Steve Orlando, who was the writer on the recently cancelled Supergirl Rebirth title. Not only do I think he did a great job on his run, but based on his Twitter I can tell his love for the character runs deep.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:47 PM   #143
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,894
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
So Caitlin Parrish, one of the better writers on this show, imo, will likely be leaving next season, as a pilot she wrote just got picked up at CBS, so I'm guessing she'll be an exec producer/showrunner there.

Hopefully they bring on another comics writer to fill her spot - if they can't get Sterling Gates back from The Flash (where he's being wasted!), I'd love to see them consider bringing on Steve Orlando, who was the writer on the recently cancelled Supergirl Rebirth title. Not only do I think he did a great job on his run, but based on his Twitter I can tell his love for the character runs deep.
Yep....I was REALLY unhappy to hear this.

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:33 PM   #144
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,552
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

I think I have just now realized that there were two sets of spoilers from different sources that came out around the same time, some of which have been mixed together on social media, and one of those sets was totally fake. Someone on SpoilerTV posted a link to the original set of the clearly accurate spoilers that are coming true left and right, and they make absolutely no mention of Lena learning the truth about Kara, Lillian helping her out and nearly getting killed by Reign in the process, and Lillian helping Lena to "see the light" about Kryptonians. They just say Lena goes "full mad scientist" by starting to experiment on people, which, yep, is obviously about to happen. In the other batch of spoilers, that stuff I just listed was said to be happening in the past two episodes, and it clearly wasn't even in the ballpark. So it looks like the Kara/Lena friendship may actually survive this season after all.

My only question is: Are they REALLY gonna continue keeping Lena in the dark? It genuinely felt like they were reaching the breaking point with that storyline, and intentionally setting her up to learn the truth VERY soon.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."



Last edited by flickchick85; 06-05-2018 at 11:41 PM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:47 AM   #145
Flash525
Side-Kick
 
Flash525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
My only question is: Are they REALLY gonna continue keeping Lena in the dark? It genuinely felt like they were reaching the breaking point with that storyline, and intentionally setting her up to learn the truth VERY soon.
Add it to the list of all the other laughable instances with this show!

__________________
RAGE | GREED | FEAR | WILL | HOPE | COMPASSION | LOVE
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #146
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!
 
Sithborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16,618
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Better than the Flash being all "Oh, I just met you, here is my secret identity"

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #147
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 69,894
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash525 View Post
Add it to the list of all the other laughable instances with this show!
Oh go home to Flash.....

__________________

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:15 AM   #148
Flash525
Side-Kick
 
Flash525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Oh go home to Flash.....
Unfortunately, the Flash show has enough inconsistencies of it's own to deal with.

__________________
RAGE | GREED | FEAR | WILL | HOPE | COMPASSION | LOVE
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.