The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
Karelia
Somebody Save Me
 
Karelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,544
Default Would a Smallville Movie Work?

With the DC streaming service getting ready to launch, do you guys think a Smallville movie (live action or animated) be something that would help boost the sales for it? Or is it too late? I see the Titans trailer reaction has been mixed, I'm not sure what else the DC streaming service will offer, but could this be something they could do down the road?

__________________
All strive for victory. But not all understand what it truly is.

Barry Allen is so fast he ran himself back into the friendzone.


We Are Groot
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 28,624
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

I think a Smallville movie would totally work, it would have to be a reboot though. I do have an idea for a trilogy where the 3rd film the villain is the Eradicator.

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
Karelia
Somebody Save Me
 
Karelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,544
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I think a Smallville movie would totally work, it would have to be a reboot though. I do have an idea for a trilogy where the 3rd film the villain is the Eradicator.
Reboot as in the actors? I feel like the cast is really what made Snallville special, especially Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum. But everyone really did a solid job.

__________________
All strive for victory. But not all understand what it truly is.

Barry Allen is so fast he ran himself back into the friendzone.


We Are Groot
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #4
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action
 
Milk Tray Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7,984
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post
With the DC streaming service getting ready to launch, do you guys think a Smallville movie (live action or animated) be something that would help boost the sales for it? Or is it too late? I see the Titans trailer reaction has been mixed, I'm not sure what else the DC streaming service will offer, but could this be something they could do down the road?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post
Reboot as in the actors? I feel like the cast is really what made Snallville special, especially Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum. But everyone really did a solid job.
With the original cast? So what, Clark etc all return to Smallville for some reason many years later (maybe drawn there by... something)?

__________________
"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
Karelia
Somebody Save Me
 
Karelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,544
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

Smallville just in name. Basically like the later seasons. They spent more time in Metropolis than Smallville after awhile. But hey, that could be cool to see them all show up to Smallville for whatever reason honestly.

I think this is something that would really boost the DC streaming service. It's been off the air long enough, nostalgia is a powerful thing. The show still has a solid fanbase.

Could they get all the actors to come back? I dont know. It seems like Rosenbaum wants to play Lex on film. I listened to his podcast with Welling and they said they were asked to reprise his role in Supergirl, but he didn't want to be a cameo. He said if Zack Snyder called him up to play Lex he would absolutely do it.

__________________
All strive for victory. But not all understand what it truly is.

Barry Allen is so fast he ran himself back into the friendzone.


We Are Groot
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:22 AM   #6
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action
 
Milk Tray Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7,984
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post
Smallville just in name. Basically like the later seasons. They spent more time in Metropolis than Smallville after awhile. But hey, that could be cool to see them all show up to Smallville for whatever reason honestly.

I think this is something that would really boost the DC streaming service. It's been off the air long enough, nostalgia is a powerful thing. The show still has a solid fanbase.

Could they get all the actors to come back? I dont know. It seems like Rosenbaum wants to play Lex on film. I listened to his podcast with Welling and they said they were asked to reprise his role in Supergirl, but he didn't want to be a cameo. He said if Zack Snyder called him up to play Lex he would absolutely do it.
I think you're right about the fanbase. It wasn't a show that I ever really got into but you only have to look online to see how popular it was/is. It would hinge then on would the actors do it? And if any of them didn't want to or weren't available would the fans accept the necessary recastings?

__________________
"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
Karelia
Somebody Save Me
 
Karelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,544
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

I think if you at least got Welling, Rosenbaum, and Durance for their roles, you're fine. If the whole movie revolved around them, that would be A okay with me.

__________________
All strive for victory. But not all understand what it truly is.

Barry Allen is so fast he ran himself back into the friendzone.


We Are Groot
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #8
Binker
Side-Kick
 
Binker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6,635
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

It could if Welling decides to not be a baby and wear the suit for god's sake.

__________________
I SPEAK FACTS, NOT OPINIONS.
I Hate Fanboys that Ruin Everything for Everyone.
Superman's greatest enemies: the fans who can't let go, and create the “too boring and powerful” criticisms. And those who hate the character, even though what they criticize doesn't exist.
Defender of MAN OF STEEL. The most divisive and unfairly criticized film that happens to be Superman's best since SUPERMAN (1978).
As a Batman fan, I must say: I'm getting sick of seeing him all over the place thanks to WB.
Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:02 PM   #9
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action
 
Milk Tray Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7,984
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

How's Welling looking these days? Does he keep himself in good shape, or are we talking a Nathan Fillion-type situation?

__________________
"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:11 AM   #10
Karelia
Somebody Save Me
 
Karelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,544
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

It use to bug me to no end that Welling never donned the suit. Now, tbh, I could care less if he wears it. I like portrayal of the character. He doesn't get enough credit. His performance in "Transference" is still amazing


I think Welling has gained a bit, as expected, but he still has that Superman look.

__________________
All strive for victory. But not all understand what it truly is.

Barry Allen is so fast he ran himself back into the friendzone.


We Are Groot
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #11
fan4stic
Side-Kick
 
fan4stic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 542
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

I think they could do a Smallville revival series. Those are all the rage now. Tom could work out a bit. Michael could wear a bald cap. The story kick-off could be Chloe's been killed. Or they could just recast and say she got plastic surgery for like witness protection or something.

fan4stic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:35 AM   #12
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action
 
Milk Tray Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7,984
Default Re: Would a Smallville Movie Work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4stic View Post
I think they could do a Smallville revival series. Those are all the rage now. Tom could work out a bit. Michael could wear a bald cap. The story kick-off could be Chloe's been killed. Or they could just recast and say she got plastic surgery for like witness protection or something.
Oh yes, I was forgetting about... that!

__________________
"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.