The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

Old 07-22-2017, 05:04 PM   #801
Warhorse
Side-Kick

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthooksrus86 View Post
I love this show but judging from that trailer season 8 kinda looks like more of the same.
Same here. I got tired of Negan by the first few episodes, and now whenever he is on screen, I just roll my eyes. I find him annoying, not menacing whatsoever. Maybe it's just me, but I find villains that are the more silent type to be more of a threatening presence, than the ones who are flamboyant showboaters.

Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:50 PM   #802
Art Vandelay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Wasn't impressed. The trailer didn't do anything for me. It just looks more of the same. I prefer FTWD Season 3b trailer over this trailer. They should've condensed Season 7 into 7a and All Out War into 7b. I just know they are going to drag this war out.

Also the end of the trailer gave away that Rick will survive the war.
Rick was never going to be killed off anyway. Also, the fact they're showing it makes me think that the war may end sooner than we think.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:05 PM   #803
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
I didn't even watch last season because my interest has just totally vanished, and the time jump seems like a gimmick.
Gimple loves gimmicks. I wouldn't be surprised if that moment's a dream instead of a time jump.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Like Rick somehow becomes comatose (from a gunshot wound or blood loss) in the middle of Season 8. So Gimple and Nicotero dedicates an episode of Rick dreaming that he's awaken from his coma pre-zombie apocalypse. This wouldn't be the first time the show has dedicated an episode where a character (Daryl, Tyreese, and Sasha all had episodes centered around them hallucinating) are hallucinating or dreaming. Probably Gimple's way of stretching out the war for the whole season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
Rick was never going to be killed off anyway. Also, the fact they're showing it makes me think that the war may end sooner than we think.
If it is a time jump they should've gave us that moment in the episode where it'll actually happen instead of in the trailer. Also them revealing it at the end of the trailer makes it feel more like a gimmick, imo. And I doubt the war will be over by the middle of the season. If it was a 10 episode season then sure, but it's another 16 episode season. Gimple and co. are going to feel the need to milk this volume/storyline dry like they've done previous seasons (particularly Season 6 and 7).

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote