The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Defenders

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 01:16 AM   #726
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 10,980
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixen View Post
He could get one but I wouldnt expect him to get one this go around. Now if I saw Melvin Potter in the credits, then I'd say he might get one. It could happen though...
Yeah, I guess Melvin probably is gonna be who winds up making it. Maybe Matt will ask him after the Defenders.

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:04 AM   #727
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 47,826
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

It's July 24. Review embargo is over, and yes I saw screeners for The Defenders. Unfortunately, I can't get into storyline specifics. But, yes, it's good. It's very good.

Here's my official review.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:05 AM   #728
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 10,980
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
It's July 24. Review embargo is over, and yes I saw screeners for The Defenders. Unfortunately, I can't get into storyline specifics. But, yes, it's good. It's very good.

Here's my official review.
4 episodes? That's pretty standard for screeners right?

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:07 AM   #729
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 47,826
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

It varies.

Defenders is only 8 episodes, so that's half the season. For comparison:

Daredevil S1 - five of 13 episodes
Jessica Jones S1 - seven of 13 episodes
Daredevil S2 - seven of 13 episodes
Luke Cage - seven of 13 episodes
Iron Fist - six of 13 episodes
Defenders - four of eight episodes.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:15 AM   #730
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 10,980
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Nice write up Vile. It's basically everything I was expecting. I'm super glad to hear Weaver is excellent. I wanna ask a specific question. If you can't answer it I obviously understand.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Is this building towards the Beast of the Hand essentially being the big bad? I know Weaver has cancer or something and Elektra is her lackey, but there has to be more to Weaver than her simply being a human with a master plan, huh?

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:16 AM   #731
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 10,980
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
It varies.

Defenders is only 8 episodes, so that's half the season. For comparison:

Daredevil S1 - five of 13 episodes
Jessica Jones S1 - seven of 13 episodes
Daredevil S2 - seven of 13 episodes
Luke Cage - seven of 13 episodes
Iron Fist - six of 13 episodes
Defenders - four of eight episodes.
Ah ok...so they usually try and give you about half the season it seems?

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:20 AM   #732
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 47,826
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
Ah ok...so they usually try and give you about half the season it seems?
Again it varies. Sometimes half or a little more. Sometimes less.

With Luke Cage I was surprised we got the reveal up to a certain character's death.

I think the issue with Iron Fist, despite it's obvious flaws, is that the show started so slowly. The other shows did not. The screeners basically cut off as it started to get a lot better, and that's why the reviews were bad.

I think if the reviews were based more on the rest of the season, the show wouldn't have been received so poorly with its reviews.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:00 AM   #733
pixen
Side-Kick
 
pixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,041
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

This is so cool and I'm super jealous of you. Happy to hear you enjoyed it though. Especially when I agree with a lot of your opinions on the Netflix shows. Will I be a happy Elektra fan once I watch the first 4 episodes?

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:02 AM   #734
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?
 
guitarsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Allsafe
Posts: 10,980
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Again it varies. Sometimes half or a little more. Sometimes less.

With Luke Cage I was surprised we got the reveal up to a certain character's death.

I think the issue with Iron Fist, despite it's obvious flaws, is that the show started so slowly. The other shows did not. The screeners basically cut off as it started to get a lot better, and that's why the reviews were bad.

I think if the reviews were based more on the rest of the season, the show wouldn't have been received so poorly with its reviews.
So, Vile old buddy...what's the chance I can get that question answered, hmm???

__________________
"You're gonna make me say it, aren't you?"
guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:07 AM   #735
pixen
Side-Kick
 
pixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,041
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
So, Vile old buddy...what's the chance I can get that question answered, hmm???
I'm not sure if he will. I'm pretty sure your question is too spoilery compared to one that's a simple yes or no like mine.

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:15 AM   #736
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 47,826
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

I can't discuss anything specific to the episodes beyond what we've seen in trailers and clips. It's good so far and I can't wait to watch the rest.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.