The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 06-25-2014, 10:05 PM   #326
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: The Witcher 3

Swamp Combat Gameplay

Looks so damn good. Love how the enemies get sliced in half this go round.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #327
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
There are rumors now that the new Arkham will have the same release date for The Witcher 3. If true, you'd think the Witcher would have to move. Hopefully they move it forward and not back.

A link to the spoilers please?
Oh man...my ****ing wallet is already crying at the prospect. I'm already down for the CE for Witcher 3. And you know there's going to be one for Arkham...oh man...my wallet ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
Which translations are you reading? I asked around, and apparently there's a book missing in the sequence we've got here in the states.
The mass market release, from Orbit (Publisher). And yes, the book missing is The Sword of Destiny, which is a collection of short stories like 'The Last Wish'. I think most people were expecting it to have already been translated. But, it sure looks like if it does...it'll probably be the final one that get's translated.

And, I just finished re-reading 'The Last Wish'. Man, that is a really damn good book. The juxtaposition of the short stories, and the flow are still great to me. There's some spots where conversations with non-essential characters go on a little too long, but whatever. There are some damn good stories in that book. I've started re-reading 'Blood of Elves', and already bought 'Time of Contempt'. I'll probably buy 'Baptism of Fire' since it was already released in March.

I'll hold off until I get through 'Contempt', atleast, but I'm kind of remembering why some people don't like Yennefer. I remember Triss showing up in the first book, and after falling for her in Witcher 2...I think I might be in Triss' camp if I had to choose right now.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #328
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Swamp Combat Gameplay

Looks so damn good. Love how the enemies get sliced in half this go round.
That combat is so, so good.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #329
Drz
Real Hero

As suspected, Dark Horse + CD Projekt Red are releasing a new Witcher enclypedia style book. Link.

Quote:
CD PROJEKT RED and Dark Horse Comics are proud to announce The World of The Witcher--an essential companion to The Witcher video game series!
Containing breathtaking, never before published original art from each Witcher game, The World of the Witcher is an ideal way to start your journey with the series, or expand your existing knowledge with high collector value! Dive deep into the world of monster hunters, as the prominent characters from the universe take you on a guided tour of the fascinating dark fantasy adventure that is The Witcher. This gorgeous, illustrated hardbound volume contains in-depth knowledge about the locales, the deadly beasts that inhabit them, and the lethal weapons used to put them down.
"Dark Horse is very enthusiastic about expanding our collaboration CD Projekt Red on The World of The Witcher," notes Nick McWhorter, Vice President of Media Licensing at Dark Horse Comics. "This book is a perfect way for fans to take a deep dive into the vast and compelling lore they have created with The Witcher franchise, whether they are longtime followers of the games and novels or are being introduced this world for the first time.”

The World of the Witcher is really unique, as it’s the first successful attempt of creating such a comprehensive compendium about the Witcher series of games and beyond,” said Rafa? Jaki, Franchise Director, CD PROJEKT RED. “I’m sure gamers and fans of the universum will have tons of fun reading it,” added Jaki.

The World of the Witcher is on sale February 24th, 2015

Old 07-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #330
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Oh thats cool. I'll prob snag that.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #331
Swordmaster
Big Damn Hero

Same here. I love books like that.

Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #332
sef
Side-Kick

Quote:
New Witcher 3 gameplay to be shown during San Diego Comic Con!

Hungry for fresh Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gameplay? Planning to visit Comic-Con San Diego? Thursday 24th is shaping up to be a lucky day for you as we will be presenting, for the first time in public, 30 hot minutes of live Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unpublished gameplay! The space is limited to 1000 people only! Additionally, the panel will host a special Q&A session with the Witcher team and Doug Cockle, the voice of Geralt of Rivia. Stay tuned for more info.
Quote:
A franchise spanning literature, comics, film & television, board games, and widely popular video games, The Witcher has touched millions with its engaging characters and exciting adventures. A diverse panel of experts discuss the many aspects of this renowned universe. Be the first to see new Dark Horse publications, see the first-ever live consumer demo of the upcoming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt video game, and get a chance to meet the team behind Wild Hunt. Panelists include actors Doug Cockle (Geralt of Rivia, The Witcher franchise), Dark Horse Comics author Paul Tobin (The Witcher House of Glass), Nick McWhorter, CD PROJEKT RED's game developers Damien Monnier and Lukasz Wnek (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt), and Rafal Jaki. Moderated by SpikeTV's Geoff Keighley.
Thursday July 24, 2014 10:00am - 11:00am
Room 6A
Ugh, Geoff Keighley.
Hope he keeps that trap of his shut as much as possible.

sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #333
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by sef View Post
Ugh, Geoff Keighley.
Hope he keeps that trap of his shut as much as possible.
Thats not his style.

Who cares tho, more Witcher footage!!!