The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 07-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #201
The Endless
WE are Groot

Default Re: War Machine Better Be in This One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I can't be the only one who wasn't blown away by Iron Man 2 and IM3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I loved IM3, but my being underwhelmed by IM2 had nothing to do with War Machine. He was fine, and has earned inclusion in the Avengers, imo.
I agree with flickchick.

IM2 was disappointing but one of the things it handled well was Tony and Rhodey's relationship and War Machine.

I thought the finale of IM2 was the strongest part and still one of the best action scenes in all the MCU films. The chase through the skies was awesome and the part where they team up and go back to back was just pure, visceral badassness.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #202
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

I like IM2 a lot actually. Ive watched it probably more than any other MCU film too. Its not perfect on every level (esp the use of Vanko) but its still a very entertaining super hero movie.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #203
The Endless
WE are Groot

It's no worse than mediocre.

I think it took the easy way out with curing Stark's illness. Rourke's Vanko was completely wasted and i don't blame him for being pissed off with Marvel. I don't know why they cut out so much of his material. The parallel of him and his dad with Tony and his dad could have been interesting.

Although i really liked the scene where Stark is watching the old recordings of his dad and discovers the message "You'll always be my greatest creation". Like i already said i thought Tony and Rhodey's disintegrating relationship was handled well. Their team up at the end was a fantastic visceral thrill, but also emotionally cathartic. And Rockwell's Justin Hammer is really underrated. There is a lot of craft put into that character. Fantastic performance as always by Rockwell.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #204
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

Sam Rockwell as Hammer is one of my favorite parts of the movie. Hes such a little weasel Stark wannabe. Its just fun stuff.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #205
The Endless
WE are Groot

Yea and i love the subtleties to his performance. Strange saying that considering how unsubtle the character is. But just notice the scenes when he gets angry with Vanko towards the end. It's a kinda desperate anger. Like a brat throwing a hissy fit because he isn't getting what he wants. But he's trying to play himself off as this big man who isn't afraid.

Then you have him applying so much fake tan it's stained his hands lol.

He puts on all this bravado and extravagance, but it all comes from insecurity. Rockwell portrays this fantastically and he doesn't get enough credit. It's like he's been forgotten.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #206
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

The tan juice on his hands!!! Ive wondered about that forever. Noones ever brought it up. Everytime I watch it, Im like, whats the brown stuff on his hands?! lol

Hes not your typical villain. I dont really see him as a bad guy, just an opportunistic schmuck. He doesnt want to kill people, just be rich and powerful. If he gets a big paycheck, thats enough. The Vanko thing was just circumstantial.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #207
The Endless
WE are Groot

haha yea, and i'm willing to bet it was Rockwell himself who suggested that to Favreau.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #208
paypaytr
Side-Kick

i am happy rodddey in.
i liked him more than Falcon or even hawkeye for reference

paypaytr is offline   Reply With Quote