The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 11-28-2016, 06:30 AM   #876
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Political Satire & Cartoon Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.NormusJohnson View Post
Bernie and Trump are/were both independents who essentially hijacked the 2 party system. Trump just did a better job of capturing the populist movement than Bernie did.
Probably because that caricature of a "Libtard" is not accurate as to the demeanor or politics of the actual rank and file of the Democratic Party or it's elected officials.

Perhaps just as the caricature of HRC (whom I have said again and again... There's no loving that woman) was inaccurate, whereas what many think of Donald Trump... Yeah there's actual evidence to back it up.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ NOW ON ITUNES. NEW EPIOSODE: DOCTOR STRANGE REVIEW AND NEW "THESE THINGS".
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:45 AM   #877
E.NormusJohnson
Henchman #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post

Perhaps just as the caricature of HRC (whom I have said again and again... There's no loving that woman) was inaccurate, whereas what many think of Donald Trump... Yeah there's actual evidence to back it up.
Trump wasn't your or many's cup of tea.. got it. But he wasnt part of a political dynasty. I know it's hard for coastal progressives to understand... but people have become tired of being ruled over by "said" political institutions.

E.NormusJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:25 AM   #878
djsunyc
Side-Kick

Quote:
Trump wasn't your or many's cup of tea.. got it. But he wasnt part of a political dynasty. I know it's hard for coastal progressives to understand... but people have become tired of being ruled over by "said" political institutions.
i understand folks upset at what looked to them to be status quo...but voting trump was a miguided and misplaced protest vote.

djsunyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:27 AM   #879
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Again... You show don't seem to WANT to understand the other side.

I too am against on a deep level the idea of HRC as president. I don't base it out n nonsense conspiracy theories or the like. I was congenitally against her for the reason you stated. Hill as Prez is indeed a bit too dynastic for my tastes and it does reek of banana republics.

But that doesn't mean you have to overlook all the many aspects of Trump on display during his life and on the campaign trail now does it.
Sorry to say, and all it implies, but being an adult means understanding that you don't get some mythical perfect third option. That's a view nurtured by fictional narratives. Just because the whiff of dynasty (which it's convenient that it's AFTER the Bush's dynasty and the two terms of that incompetent administration that certain voters had a "come to Jesus" moment about this) made her distasteful to an extent did not automatically make Trump in any shape or form an acceptable alternative, especially given so many things that occurred and did not occur (A BILLIONAIRE being off the hook for not releasing his taxes while his supporters cry about corruption, the hacks which were confirmed by our intelligence agencies focused on one opponent so as to alter the outcome of the election, the untruths he unleashed about immigration, the level of crime in the the country, the use of frankly, racist appeals... SHALL I GO ON?) during the campaign.

Again... Annoyance and resentments (especially hypocritical or unfounded resentment) is not a valid way to make decisions about who hold's the highest office in the land. It was true when the electorate decided twice that what made Bush acceptable was that you'd prefer to have a drink with him as opposed to drinking with Gore or Kerry. Just as it was true that the anger people had against the terrorist attacks of 9/11 didn't make the response of the Bush administration a legit and cogent policy. Resentment (especially hypocritical and unfounded resentments with little or no evidence to back them up) is no basis for policy or voting in a someone like Trump.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ NOW ON ITUNES. NEW EPIOSODE: DOCTOR STRANGE REVIEW AND NEW "THESE THINGS".
Old 11-28-2016, 01:44 PM   #880
E.NormusJohnson
Henchman #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post

Again... Annoyance and resentments (especially hypocritical or unfounded resentment) is not a valid way to make decisions about who hold's the highest office in the land. It was true when the electorate decided twice that what made Bush acceptable was that you'd prefer to have a drink with him as opposed to drinking with Gore or Kerry. Just as it was true that the anger people had against the terrorist attacks of 9/11 didn't make the response of the Bush administration a legit and cogent policy. Resentment (especially hypocritical and unfounded resentments with little or no evidence to back them up) is no basis for policy or voting in a someone like Trump.

Just for the sake of argument... is it possible you don't really know how bad things have gotten economically/financially in the heartland/rustbelt? Even to the point that Chris Matthews will argue that Democrats lost touch with their own typically solid voter base? I know social issues are a big deal for progressives... more so than I can ever understand.

But those who have no options... particularly those in the manufacturing/trade economy who quite possibly will never get those careers back... those people are scared about the future and voted as such... even if it was for a candidate that social progressives dub "Hitler 2.0".

Last edited by E.NormusJohnson; 11-28-2016 at 01:49 PM.
E.NormusJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:56 AM   #881
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just for the sake of argument... is it possible you don't really know how bad things have gotten economically/financially in the heartland/rustbelt? Even to the point that Chris Matthews will argue that Democrats lost touch with their own typically solid voter base? I know social issues are a big deal for progressives... more so than I can ever understand.

But those who have no options... particularly those in the manufacturing/trade economy who quite possibly will never get those careers back... those people are scared about the future and voted as such... even if it was for a candidate that social progressives dub "Hitler 2.0".
Forget about whether Trump is Hitler or not, Trump would have to be a wizard to fulfill the promises he made.

I don't know how Trump is supposed to be recreate America's manufacturing sector to give good middle class jobs to workers without a college degree, not only have those jobs been sent to other countries, automation is phasing out those jobs.

I don't know how he will make the coal industry relevant in this day and age.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:02 AM   #882
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Forget about whether Trump is Hitler or not, Trump would have to be a wizard to fulfill the promises he made.

I don't know how Trump is supposed to be recreate America's manufacturing sector to give good middle class jobs to workers without a college degree, not only have those jobs been sent to other countries, automation is phasing out those jobs.

I don't know how he will make the coal industry relevant in this day and age.
Exactly. Coal miners aren't out of work because of regulations. By and large part it's because the methods used by the companies themselves are less labor intensive.

Also, I don't get the mind set of voting in Trump and the GOP for rust belt voters. How short is their memory? How many would be out of work if the Obama administration would have let the car companies fold as so many Republicans wanted? Why assume that the folks you handed power to will do anything to save your jobs when they've in the recent past shown no interest in doing so?