The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #876
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Superman

Superman Forever

Old 02-22-2013, 05:55 AM   #877
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Man of Steeler

Old 02-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #878
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Man of Steel. The Man of Tomorrow. Superman. THE MAN OF STEEL TRILOGY.
Man of Tomorrow is good.

I feel like Last Son (of Krypton) is too good not to be the final film but then again, who saw "The Dark Knight Rises" coming?

Last edited by Krumm; 02-22-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Apparently I wrote gibberish the first time around...
Old 02-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #879
GreenKToo
In the fire

SUPERMAN: I got a sequel??

Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #880
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Global Moderator

So I have a question......Do the stars of any movie get paid anything when actually filming said movie, or do they have to wait until after the release? Silly question I know, but I've always wondered. I would think that they get a set amount just for showing up and then once the movie comes out, that's when the real money comes in.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #881
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So I have a question......Do the stars of any movie get paid anything when actually filming said movie, or do they have to wait until after the release? Silly question I know, but I've always wondered. I would think that they get a set amount just for showing up and then once the movie comes out, that's when the real money comes in.
Depends on the star, and the contract. They usually get paid a per diem rate during filming that is seperate from their contracted rate on the film (For living and food expenses) and then the majority of the money after filming but before the movie is released.

If their contract allows for it, they can get paid money on the back end depending on how much the movie actually makes at the box office.
For instance, Jack Nicolson actually negotiated to not only have a small percentage (Like 0.25 percent) of the box office take from not only the Batman movie he was in, but future Batman movies as well, even if he wasn't in them.

Stars also get a very small amount of money when the movie starts airing on TV. When I say small I mean VERY small. For instance, my dad gets a check in the mail for about 20 cents every time Wargames airs on TV. It actually costs more to mail the check.

EDIT: It's actually directors that have it made. It's almost standard at this point for directors to sign deals to get paid whether or not the movie actually gets made. For instance: Singer got paid for directing the Superman Returns sequel even though he never actually made it. Same for Tim Burton and his Superman Lives project.

Last edited by JimJimBinks; 02-22-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #882
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
In all likelihood though the planet is going boom. I mean just look at this:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Then again if the planet is completely ravaged and not one bit of life is a left then that to me gives more or less the same impact.
I honestly don't know why people keep asking about what if the planet doesnt blow up...I mean really people???

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #883
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I love the title Man of Steel II. It's just so simple. I've always felt putting a subtitle on the name makes it feel a little cheap, like a straight-to DVD thing. And Man of Tomorrow by itself... who'll guess that's a Superman film? They might as well call it The Flyer or something. Come on, guys.
you can't be serious? Hell no to Man of Stel II! ugh...be creative, not ****ing lazy

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #884
Micromind
Side-Kick

MOS 2, MOS 3 naming convention takes us back to days of Donner movies, so No thanks.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #885
robmx522
Banned User

thats no funnier then people saying zod is a general in our government lol

Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #886
BH/HHH
You Are My World

I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here bit if we are to get sequels I don't see whas wrong with Man of Steel II to be honest. End of the day its the quality of the film not what its called. I never cared for the title Dark Knight Rises but I didn't give a crap it was called that.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #887
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I really am curious what the sequel title will be if we get a sequel.
I mean they are already doing the Dark Knight title thing with calling it Man of Steel. I just think it's cheap to throw a 2 or 3 at end of title.
For example
For awhile it was rumored that the spidey sequel would be called spectacular Spider-Man and now it's just being called Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Yawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Placeholder. They'll confirm another title eventually.

And it will hopefully be...spectacular.

Yeah... I prefer just "The Amazing Spiderman 2"! If the sequel is called "The Spectacular Spiderman", than it all of the sudden seems like a reboot of the reboot. I don't think it works. Keep it simple.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #888
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Man of Action?
The name of a production company. I don't think they can get away with it.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #889
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Man of Steel II: Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch
I'm costarring?

Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #890
DaRkVeNgeanCe
An Epic Film Guy

Man of Action sounds pretty lame and uncreative to me.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #891
Kane52630
Technologic User

Superman & Robin

Old 02-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #892
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Superman & Robin
That is the best way to CURSE the second film!

Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #893
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Superman & Robin Rises.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #894
Zorex
I'm 100% 50/50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Man of Tomorrow has also historically referred to sentient robots.

Just sayin...

Lovely to see you 'round here, Jack.

Speaking of sentient robots and Men of Tomorrow...

Anyone familiar with Superman: Earth One, vol 1? Alien ship appears over Metropolis, giant robots & alien attackers wreak havoc, Superman saves the day.

Sounds like "Man of Steel," right?

At the end of Earth One, Superman interacts with the Kryptonian A.I. of the ship that brought him to Earth. The A.I./ship had a symbol very reminiscent of Brainiac.

Just sayin'.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #895
dark_b
Side-Kick

i wonder if the word man of steel will be used in the movie and in what context.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #896
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

"Bullets bounce off of him,It"s like he is a Man Of Steel!"

Old 02-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #897
Mad Love
The Future of Justice

"Because he's not the hero that Metropolis deserves, but the one it needs right now... and so we'll let him be... because he can take them... because he's a hero... he's a super sonic guardian, a watchful protector... a man of steel..."

"I think that [Wonder Woman and Batman] are very Alpha-type." - Gal Gadot
"I think [Wonder Woman] is the True North superhero of this posse." - Patty Jenkins
"Wonder Woman is the Best Fighter in the DC Universe" - Geoff Johns
Old 02-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #898
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Lovely to see you 'round here, Jack.

Speaking of sentient robots and Men of Tomorrow...

Anyone familiar with Superman: Earth One, vol 1? Alien ship appears over Metropolis, giant robots & alien attackers wreak havoc, Superman saves the day.

Sounds like "Man of Steel," right?

At the end of Earth One, Superman interacts with the Kryptonian A.I. of the ship that brought him to Earth. The A.I./ship had a symbol very reminiscent of Brainiac.

Just sayin'.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 02-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #899
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
"Because he's not the hero that Metropolis deserves, but the one it needs right now... and so we'll let him be... because he can take them... because he's a hero... he's a super sonic guardian, a watchful protector... a man of steel..."
This guy ^

Superhero nerd.
Writer for @GalvNews. Bylines: @WashingtonPost, @BuzzFeed, @MovieViral.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #900
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
Yeah... I prefer just "The Amazing Spiderman 2"! If the sequel is called "The Spectacular Spiderman", than it all of the sudden seems like a reboot of the reboot. I don't think it works. Keep it simple.
Yeah, I like "James Bond 24" as well...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Closed Thread