The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 03-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #576
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Vincent D'Onofrio Cast as Kingpin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesth100 View Post
I'm noticing the pattern for a good villain here. The best villains Magneto, Loki, Vulture, Nebula, Winter Soldier and etc have redeeming factors. Stuff that makes you want to see them again, deep roots and connections to the main characters.

Where as the fodder villains, Ronan, Whiplash, Malekith, Yellow Jacket and so on have generic backgrounds. No deeper motives than basic (i want to be rich/powerful) or serving as a human shield(basically) for the greater end villain.

I believe Marvel could give all these villains the same fleshed out vibe that the so called "Good Villains" have but simply don't because they have no current intention on them returning and have bigger and much more serious plans in motion for future conflicts involving better villains.
That's a good point, and I think that's true of screenwriting in general. The best villains are not 'I'm evil bwa ha ha ha ha!' cliches but characters with deep backstory and strong personal ties to the main protagonist. They are essentially the dark side of the protagonist, the shadow that always follows them around.

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:45 PM   #577
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

What is the redeeming qualities of Ledger's Joker? Hannibal Lecter? Emperor Palpatine? Anton Chigurh? Norman Bates? Mike Myers? Hans Gruber? Annie Wilkes? Nurse Ratched? The Terminator? The T-1000? Max Cady? Patrick Bateman? Jack Torrance?

Old 03-12-2018, 11:49 PM   #578
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
What is the redeeming qualities of Ledger's Joker? Hannibal Lecter? Emperor Palpatine? Anton Chigurh? Norman Bates? Mike Myers? Hans Gruber? Annie Wilkes? Nurse Ratched? The Terminator? The T-1000? Max Cady? Patrick Bateman? Jack Torrance?
Mike Myers had redeeming qualities. He was Austin Powers and Dr Evil.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #579
dmcreif
Side-Kick

In light of the events of Luke Cage season 2, I can't help but imagine how things are looking great for Fisk.

Everything that's happened since Fisk was arrested at the end of Daredevil season 1 has guaranteed that he will be able to swoop in once he gets out of jail in season 3 and rebuild and reclaim his criminal empire, on a larger scale than what he used to have. The power vacuum is real. Cottonmouth and Mariah are dead. Diamondback is gone. The Hand have fallen, and a large number of smaller outfit gangs have been eliminated in the course of several gang wars. The underworld has been so disrupted by people like Matt, Frank, and Luke, that it is ripe for a takeover. It's kind of a fortunate thing for Fisk that he was sent to jail cause he's perfectly set up to grow his empire. And the only part he did himself was overthrowing Dutton to take control of the prison economy.

In this quest for dominance, Fisk is likely to be the ultimate winner, and Rosalie Carbone is probably going to be one of his main challengers for the throne. Her expansion into Harlem was pretty brutal, with her orchestrating several assassinations like Eric Hong, so she's ruthless enough that she might consider Fisk a worthy opponent.

dmcreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:05 PM   #580
KevTravels
Side-Kick

I sure hope he's in every episode this season. I missed him in season 2

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #581
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #582
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Norman bates is questionable to put in this category as he is somewhat sympathetic in the fact that we know he has a clear mental issue, and it's implied his mother was an abusive figure.

But other than that, I agree.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:
http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:52 PM   #583
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcreif View Post
In light of the events of Luke Cage season 2, I can't help but imagine how things are looking great for Fisk.
Man, spoilers for Luke Cage second season in the rest of your post. Not cool.
Spoiler tag them please.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:16 AM   #584
Jh7058622
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
He's horrible terrible monster but yes Shrek is a redeemable quality.

Jh7058622 is offline   Reply With Quote