The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie
10 66 39.76%
9 68 40.96%
8 21 12.65%
7 6 3.61%
6 2 1.20%
5 0 0%
4 1 0.60%
3 2 1.20%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2014, 01:01 AM   #251
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Yeah so was I and everyone else who said the same thing.
I said it first .

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:34 AM   #252
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 2

Citation needed.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:06 PM   #253
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Well don't I feel like a tit then
a tit, eh? ...English??
British people have the best insults...

Old 04-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #254
OriginalMiles
Banned User

Yes we do!

OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #255
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
a tit, eh? ...English??
British people have the best insults...
South African.
We steal anything. Even insults

Both fun.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #256
Ryu_do_Sen
Side-Kick

About the flaws of the action scenes:
1. The action scene on the lemurian star and on the helicarriers have some poorly staged fights: enemies don't fight back, it seems they're there just to get beat up; some moves are telegraphed; they have some ****** editing because we see some snippits of things that were apparently left out.
2. The final battle between bucky and cap should'va been more epic. It kinda felt like the battle between red skull and cap at the end of TFA. It needed more time, more dialogue, more struggle. It fell flat.
About the writing and directin':
1. the structure of the final act is way off. Too many jumps. It kinda took us out of the strugglings moments. we get war/battle and then dialogue between pierce, widow and fury. It has to more clear to the audience what the mood is in that part of the film.
2. Some characters are irrelevant, such as garry shandling's and sitwell. They don't add anything to the story. What sitwell said to cap and widow could have been easily been said by zola. As a matter of fact, it would'va had more impact. Those characters only wasted precious time that could'va gone to cap's out of time ( i remind that this is the second we get the man of out time scene gettin' cut from a film, the first one was in avengers) bit and fighthin' scenes.

Ryu_do_Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #257
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

You're in the wrong thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=476219

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #258
Ryu_do_Sen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Ok. Sorry. My bad.

Ryu_do_Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:44 AM   #259
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu_do_sen View Post
about the flaws of the action scenes:
1. The action scene on the lemurian star and on the helicarriers have some poorly staged fights: Enemies don't fight back, it seems they're there just to get beat up; some moves are telegraphed; they have some ****** editing because we see some snippits of things that were apparently left out.
2. The final battle between bucky and cap should'va been more epic. It kinda felt like the battle between red skull and cap at the end of tfa. It needed more time, more dialogue, more struggle. It fell flat.
About the writing and directin':
1. The structure of the final act is way off. Too many jumps. It kinda took us out of the strugglings moments. We get war/battle and then dialogue between pierce, widow and fury. It has to more clear to the audience what the mood is in that part of the film.
2. Some characters are irrelevant, such as garry shandling's and sitwell. They don't add anything to the story. What sitwell said to cap and widow could have been easily been said by zola. As a matter of fact, it would'va had more impact. Those characters only wasted precious time that could'va gone to cap's out of time ( i remind that this is the second we get the man of out time scene gettin' cut from a film, the first one was in avengers) bit and fighthin' scenes.
agreed..agreed...agreed & agreed.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #260
Persistence
Banned User

I liked all the action / fight scenes in this movie...best action I've seen in comic book movie since Spider-Man 2. I'll admit I'm not a big critic of fight scene mechanics. The Dark Knight may have some more realistic fight scenes, but who cares.

Persistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #261
Persistence
Banned User

This was awesome comic book movie. MCU has really elevated Cap that he may be able to take on Batman/Superman. I give this movie a 10...I can't see any real flaws with it as action comic book movie. Evans really emphasized that pure heart of gold hero that's been missing from comic book movies since Christopher Reeves. The action / fight scenes were great. The movie had right amount of comedy. They used Falcon's character pretty effectively and with dignity. The espionage plot was displayed and unraveled efficiently....the movie tied in with previous installment appropriately as a sequel. I felt Capt's anguish at fighting his friend and how the movie ended. The romance wasn't typical love interest, but it was appropriate enough for the film...Cap needed a 'flirty' friend more than a lover in this film. I thought this movie was great. Better than expected!

Persistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #262
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
I liked all the action / fight scenes in this movie...best action I've seen in comic book movie since Spider-Man 2. I'll admit I'm not a big critic of fight scene mechanics. The Dark Knight may have some more realistic fight scenes, but who cares.
Nah..I beg to differ the moves in this movie are very atutentic as far as Martial arts and the such...And much better then anything I have ever seen in the Dark Knight.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #263
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Most films, you tend to notice the flaws and plot holes and iffy fx and clunky dialogue on repeat viewings. TWS is the exact opposite. That to me is why it deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as TDK and TA and the best films of both the CBM and Action genres.

In fact, although I wont claim that TWS is better than the above mentioned, I do think that it has fewer glaring flaws than those films on repeat viewings. Especially TDK. (It's still probably my 2nd favorite cb film overall, so save the outrage.)
No outrage needed! Y allow to have a fav movie.

The Ironstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #264
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

On another note:

The Ironstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:18 PM   #265
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Saw Winter Soldier for the 3rd time and took my kids the first and both Loved it!
It helped them understand some of the events of the last few episodes of SHIELD as well. lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #266
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu_do_Sen View Post
Gary Shandling's character was a very chilling part of the movie to me. He was introduced as a comedic character in Iron Man 2, and then when you see him in this movie that's what you expect. Then he whispers "Hail Hydra". It actually spooked me quite a bit. Talk about a mood whiplash.

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #267
Achille
Side-Kick

I just got back from seeing it again; my second viewing without the wife so no distractions. The movie was even better the second time around. That end credit sequence was that awesome almost felt like it could have been used for James Bond or something.

Have to salute the whole production team directors, writers, actors, stunt people, music composers; they really up the ante with this one. Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the best Marvel Studios movie to date in my opinion. I can't wait for the Blu Ray so I can put even more people on to it.

Can't forget the score either by Henry Jackman “Taking a Stand” is definitely the highlight track to me on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5K3RY1OzfY

Achille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #268
kedrell
Fork&SpoonOperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
Gary Shandling's character was a very chilling part of the movie to me. He was introduced as a comedic character in Iron Man 2, and then when you see him in this movie that's what you expect. Then he whispers "Hail Hydra". It actually spooked me quite a bit. Talk about a mood whiplash.

I love stuff like that.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #269
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

I saw it for the fourth and probably last time before Blu-Ray. Just as fantastic - the character parts are just as great (smart, emotional, witty, human) and the action is still exciting and interesting.

I've also really come to love Taking A Stand and consider it the stand out out piece from the score. It might even equal my love for the Captain America March from TFA. Two very different tones and both very Captain America and Steve Rogers.

TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #270
Bwahaha!
Feminine Divine

Iconic character. Great movie. Well done, Marvel!

Bwahaha! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #271
Xhexania
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achille View Post
Can't forget the score either by Henry Jackman “Taking a Stand” is definitely the highlight track to me on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5K3RY1OzfY
oh!!! that one is one of my favorites!! I hear that one and remember the cool way in which the titles were shown, that was really well done, and this song!! I remember feeling like "WOW!!" because it is full of greatness and represents so well the film!!

the score was great! I like the modern chilling vibe, there are some parts the parts to make it scary every time the Winters soldier appeared on he screen out of nowhere or the little suspenseful notes when Cap and Pierce where talking, even the dark tone when Cap and BW are in the abandoned old offices of SHIELD!!!

Xhexania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:42 AM   #272
Lightsplasher
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhexania View Post
oh!!! that one is one of my favorites!! I hear that one and remember the cool way in which the titles were shown, that was really well done, and this song!! I remember feeling like "WOW!!" because it is full of greatness and represents so well the film!!

the score was great! I like the modern chilling vibe, there are some parts the parts to make it scary every time the Winters soldier appeared on he screen out of nowhere or the little suspenseful notes when Cap and Pierce where talking, even the dark tone when Cap and BW are in the abandoned old offices of SHIELD!!!
I think the scene where they are in the Camp LeHigh is the HYDRA track .
And yes , I agree , everything in the music serves the movie IMO !

Lightsplasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:40 AM   #273
halo10
Side-Kick

Frankly speaking , I was really impressively and blown away by
Captain America Winter Soldier. Simply put it was everything the movie preview trailer made it out to be …. and more !

And not only do I think it’s’ easily one of Marvel’s best films ever. But trying to bypass my Marvel Superhero film bias but this film struck me enough to it very easily say it’s one of the top ten Superhero hero action films
that I’ve ever seen period. It was that great! …

Before I forget – Please stay put until the entire movie is over as there are two important future –mover teaser clips at the end of the credits.
One sets up "Avengers: Age of Ultron….. while the other clip will set up "Captain America 3."

-I loved the action sequences/pace of this film. Sure there is the Spy/Conspiracy plot, brief clips of Steve Roger (Chris Evans) of his old school days with his longtime best friend Bucky Barnes, who presumably perished in the previous Capt. America First Avenger film , as well as a couple other ties with World War II comrades.

-But it’s the fighting choreography, multiple stunts, firearm gun fights, car chases/gadgets, sky-air -fights, were that were so eye-catching and very impressive. I enjoyed this Captain America film so much, much better than the original Capt. America First Avenger film (which I thought was somewhat boring and pretty average) It was a totally night and day difference between the two films.

-From Capt. America: First Avenger film, I never got to see the display level of impressive acrobats, strength, and fighting prowess that I grew up knowing of Capt. America comic books from.
That completely changed in the new sequel.I saw some stunts and sequences that I am still in awe with as I had never seen a superhero who doesn’t truly have superhuman powers (super-serum made him enhanced, but necessarily super-powered) but yet he wasable to singlehandedly takes out a weaponry equipped fighting jet-copper, he leaps from hundreds of feet from the air into a deep lake without the aid of parachutes, he takes on 10+ fighting agents in a crowded elevatorand leaps 30 feet from a building to a concrete ground.

- This was exactly the Capt. America that I've wanted and waited to see on full display – and Capt. America: Winter Soldier unloaded and delivered everything in the bag. Nothing left back.

-Sebastian Stan (the Winter Soldier) doesn’t say very much in the film –he may have just a few sentences in the entire movie, as he’s basically a minion zombie but the fighting action sequences that he puts on display as the bionic armed Winter Soldier were just terrific. You get to see as a brilliant marksman, hand to hand combat fighter. Not only do I see W.S vs. Capt. on four or five difference occasions but he also take on a fleet of soldiers, battles both Black Widow and the Falcon. He was a treat to see. Besides taking on the Winter Solider, Capt.

-Also battles one of his comic book villain known as “ Batroc the Leaper “ in the beginning of the film in what starts out as a I didn’t recognize the actor portraying Batroc, but I thought it would have been a better touch adding a more familiar martial artist face such as Chuck Liddell, etc. but that’s stretching it too much with me. We also get to see legendary actor Robert Redford in a different character role than we are accustomed to seeing him.

-As much as I can recall, this was the first that I really got to enjoy Samuel Jackson’s Nick Fury character – (though I saw in him action in the Avengers movie). But to see him in totally solo against overwhelming number and circumstances – and how he was able to escape and combat forces against him was what I was elated to see. That was also one of the strongest, more impressive action-scenes in the film. …. (BTW, there are several impressive scenes,).

-Ironically the Fury scene also gave the film probably its strongest humorous moment. There are some nit bits-like references to other movies that I took notice - one by the Black Widow, the other to “ Pulp Fiction” at the end. And as usual Marvel creator/founder Stan Lee makes his usual cameo appearance in a Marvel film, so look out for his spotlight.

-·Frankly speaking – Fury’s combat group which included Steve Rogers
(Capt. A.) and Sam Wilson As the Falcon, Natasha Romanoff as the Black Widow were all put into great action scenes. I fell in love with Scarlett Johansson from both appearance and in full fledge action. As a disguised agent, as a hand to hand combatant, computer hacker, marksman- she was just as amazing in this film as she was in her Iron Man/Avengers films.

-As with Anthony Mackie’s Sam Wilson character, the moment I saw the trailer I quickly identified Capt. America’s counterpart known as the Falcon. There will be some intense moments that will surprise you, and yet a couple that are fairly predictable. Interesting ending upon the involvement of S.H.I.E.L.D. and how the very powerful law enforcement agency is dealt with.

-My only.. only, .. ONLY pet peeve that I really had with this film was the dreaded “ shaky camera scenes” – in trying to make this fast –action film even faster, the blurry cam shots ended up being distracting ….and it was totally unnecessary for this feature - because there was way too much outstanding stunts and fighting choreography to be bugged down with those kind of studio tricks – I would have graded out Capt. 2 even higher if not for those shaky cam shots.

Still though , I was so in awe with the fighting choreography, car stunts, costumes, (Scarlett Johansson..! ) that I came out of the theater with quite a satisfactory adrenaline rush after seeing this film and it now puts the pressure on Avengers Age of Ultron, and Xmen Days of Future Past to at least come even with Capt. America Winter Soldier.

·On a scale of 1- to 10, I’d give Captain America: Winter Soldier an 8.5.

halo10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:40 PM   #274
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

This movie answered the question better than any previous superhero films:

Who watches the watchmen?

No, not the Snyder flick. Who enforces the rules on those who look after our society?

Captain America answered this question best:

They do.

They are part of the system. They're the soldiers and spies who work in the military industrial complex but they are not corrupt stooges. They do believe in America's best values and will fight to defend them, even from itself.

All Men Betray
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #275
iambranded
Side-Kick

All Hail the best Summer movie of 2014 in my opinion.....

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote