The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #126
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I thought you were just being funny, I just didn't put two and two together for some reason.

Yeah you're right, he still a heavy hitter though so I hope he's atleast somewhat close to Thor's strength in the MCU.
I think much like MCU Thor and Iron Man, we're not going to see him doing any class 50-100 acts of strength. That seems to be Hulk's bag in the Avengers, and I imagine it will be Groot's in gotg. That said, they should still show Drax as having high superhuman levels of power in ways other than flipping tanks or the alien equivalent.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #127
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

I’m trying to get exited about this movie but I cant. And I don’t really know if I can think of casting for this BC I don’t know the cast. I see a lot of people say a method actor should play drax, but who is he? What’s his motivation? Is just another action bad A$$ or is he more?

If this guy has feeling and motivations I say cast a method actor, but if he is just a big broot cast a gym guy and get it over with.

Some one give me a reason to care about this guy and film

Old 10-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #128
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Read the comics.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #129
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I think much like MCU Thor and Iron Man, we're not going to see him doing any class 50-100 acts of strength. That seems to be Hulk's bag in the Avengers, and I imagine it will be Groot's in gotg. That said, they should still show Drax as having high superhuman levels of power in ways other than flipping tanks or the alien equivalent.
Well Thor stopped Hulk's punch and crushed IM's armor which can shrug off tanks shells, so I'd say those are class 50-100 acts of strength.

I see what you're saying though, well hopefully they atleast show Draw sending guys flyings and bursting through walls.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=544405

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
Old 10-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #130
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmannuk12 View Post
I’m trying to get exited about this movie but I cant. And I don’t really know if I can think of casting for this BC I don’t know the cast. I see a lot of people say a method actor should play drax, but who is he? What’s his motivation? Is just another action bad A$$ or is he more?

If this guy has feeling and motivations I say cast a method actor, but if he is just a big broot cast a gym guy and get it over with.

I can't think of one.

Now go away and spare us your whining.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #131
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Read the comics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
I can't think of one.

Now go away and spare us your whining.

Na, Thanks but no thanks marvel, I think I'll just skip this one. I mean not even the diehard fans of this comic can give any insight to why these/this character matters or any character traits that motivate him/them. I mean I wasn't a big Thor fan, but at least you could see his motorvation right away. This Drax sounds dumb to me. Like a bald Hulk/Kratos type character.

So if the super fans of GOTG cant even tell my why they are fans of this guy then I suspect this will be a crapy film no mater who you cast as Drax.

Just my opinion

Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #132
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

we're not here to tell you why to like something. its not difficult to read the comics. we're not going to read them to you before bedtime.

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #133
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

seriously why do you need someone to make up your mind for you

Old 10-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #134
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Yep he played a mean Sax when he was a regular human, it even carried over to his super powered for.

What makes you think he'll be weaker than Thor?

I know they're going with the knife using Drax (which I prefer), I was just asking what everyone "wanted" to see.
Quote:
I titled this thread for that fact, but absolutely no one mentioned it. So I think they just assumed I was trying to be clever.

I think people are assuming Drax will be at a lower power level than Thor since modern Drax (Annihilation era with the double knives) is nowhere near Thor strength.
Precisely that actually lol

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 10-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #135
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Na, Thanks but no thanks marvel, I think I'll just skip this one.
Good. Great. Grand. Now go away.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #136
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Good. Great. Grand. Now go away.
I have a feeling our new friend would make a good Ulik in a future Thor sequel.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #137
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
I have a feeling our new friend would make a good Ulik in a future Thor sequel.
Hehehehehe nice one

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=544405

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
Old 10-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #138
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

And this is why I stay away from these forums, bc rather than be help full people act like a-holes. You guys are real tuff yelling at a girl on the internet, just bc I asked a question. real classy guys.

Thank you

Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #139
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
And this is why I stay away from these forums, bc rather than be help full people act like a-holes. You guys are real tuff yelling at a girl on the internet, just bc I asked a question. real classy guys.

Thank you
You came in here already with a predisposed opinion that this film will suck it seems and you that thought-process has resonated with the people here who are actually fans and think this will be a good film..which isn't a nice way to start out your tenure in this forum..then you asked a question, and people gave you a suggestion. You have turned down that suggestion and more power to you, that is your prerogative. But don't twist it into the people inthis forum being cruel or mean or "a-holes" as you put it. Reading the comics is the purest way to help you realize what everyone is in here talking about so you can form your own opinion of the GotG, whether for better or worse. The ball is in your court.

Take care. Unfortunately I doubt you'll be missed.

Last edited by MarvelKnight; 10-16-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #140
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:

Thank you
Troll on, you crazy diamond!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #141
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Hehehehehe nice one

Old 10-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #142
JB-the-Hunter
Booty hunter

Quote:

Thank you
You're pretty much saying "I don't care about this film at all, so someone make me." That's not a good way to go about it. If you want us to help you out with getting excited for this then you should've just asked respectfully. And no, Drax isn't just some dumb brute like you assume, none of these characters are that simple. They're weirdos and outcasts, that's the appeal.

"I knew there was something wrong. It just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but... you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye. There's something wrong with you." - Leo Fitz

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 10-16-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #143
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Troll on, you crazy diamond!
posting the same message in multiple threads. annoying.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #144
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
posting the same message in multiple threads. annoying.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #145
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Indubitably.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #146
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Na, Thanks but no thanks marvel, I think I'll just skip this one. I mean not even the diehard fans of this comic can give any insight to why these/this character matters or any character traits that motivate him/them. I mean I wasn't a big Thor fan, but at least you could see his motorvation right away. This Drax sounds dumb to me. Like a bald Hulk/Kratos type character.

So if the super fans of GOTG cant even tell my why they are fans of this guy then I suspect this will be a crapy film no mater who you cast as Drax.

Just my opinion
Drax is motivated by the death of his family at the hands of Thanos. I suppose that makes him a bit one note, but he's always been more of a supporting character to Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, Nova, and Star-Lord.

Gamora is Thanos's adopted-daughter, who was raised as his personal assassin. Her motivation is atonement.

Star-Lord's motivation in the comics is also atonement, but the movie version may or may not have anything to atone for, yet. When Star-Lord was a young, inexperienced superhero, he fought a villain that was out of his league. In his desperation to defeat the villain, he caused the deaths of 375,000 people (a number that would have to be GREATLY reduced if he was going to be shown in any sort of sympathetic light in the film.)

He also made the mistake of letting the Kree, who served as his adopted people, fall prey to the Phalanx virus. Star-Lord is basically sort of a Tony Stark figure. Snarky and quippy but harboring a dark past + lots of regret.

Rocket Raccoon and Groot are mascots. They're the droids we're looking for, if you will.

Sorry if that's not enough for you, but a lot of us are very excited.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #147
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick

Quote:

Drax is more than a brute, more than ur average assassin. He was once a normal human until him and his family witnessed Thanos' ship landing on Earth. Thanos killed him and his family. As a result Thanos' father brought Drax back to life in a new body with the sole purpose to destroy Thanos. Now Drax has the need inside him to carry that out. Nothing can stop him for he will search all the corns of the universe to find him and kill him. The urge inside him is like a vampire's thrust for blood. He can smell when Thanos is near and destroy whatever stands in his way. He is known as Drax the Destroyer. It is also known that whoever takes his side, risks being destroyed themselves. Therefore he is also a character that carries a heart of sorrow.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #148
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Drax is motivated by the death of his family at the hands of Thanos. I suppose that makes him a bit one note, but he's always been more of a supporting character to Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, Nova, and Star-Lord.

Gamora is Thanos's adopted-daughter, who was raised as his personal assassin. Her motivation is atonement.

Star-Lord's motivation in the comics is also atonement, but the movie version may or may not have anything to atone for, yet. When Star-Lord was a young, inexperienced superhero, he fought a villain that was out of his league. In his desperation to defeat the villain, he caused the deaths of 375,000 people (a number that would have to be GREATLY reduced if he was going to be shown in any sort of sympathetic light in the film.)

He also made the mistake of letting the Kree, who served as his adopted people, fall prey to the Phalanx virus. Star-Lord is basically sort of a Tony Stark figure. Snarky and quippy but harboring a dark past + lots of regret.

Rocket Raccoon and Groot are mascots. They're the droids we're looking for, if you will.

Sorry if that's not enough for you, but a lot of us are very excited.
Hilarious.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #149
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

They're 'mascots' but they do and will kick more ass than 3PO and R2D2 ever did or will

Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #150
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Th Biggrin Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
They're 'mascots' but they do and will kick more ass than 3PO and R2D2 ever did or will
Very true. Not like C3PO's ever decapitated a clown, or threatened a Demi-God this way:

Closed Thread