Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #151
Nicko-Ray
Danger!

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web face View Post
Haha thanks guys. I agree about the new writers. I also think that we should get even more quipping in the sequel. I thought we had a good amount of talking from Spider-man, but we haven't reached the point where he jokes around too much, so I say more.

He could also make a comment about how he needs to turn off the flash.
YESS. I really wish he would joke around as much as he does in the spectacular spider-man animated series. Sooo good.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #152
Nicko-Ray
Danger!

Unhappy Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
This is true. I still think he can do some cool stuff with his webs, like throwing Electro around. If he has a rubber suit during the fight he can sneak in a couple kicks too.
I hope it's not full on CG again. I know we're talking about electricity here but, I wanna see spidey kickin' ass. Old fashion hand-to-hand (and like you said, feet) combat.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #153
Web face
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
I hope it's not full on CG again. I know we're talking about electricity here but, I wanna see spidey kickin' ass. Old fashion hand-to-hand (and like you said, feet) combat.
I don't see why they would need a ton of CGI. The only thing that would need special effects would be when Electro shoots lightning, and maybe spider-man when he swings in from a really building or something. I think they could use practical effects for the combat in this movie.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #154
Web face
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
YESS. I really wish he would joke around as much as he does in the spectacular spider-man animated series. Sooo good.
That show was great with the quipping. I think he joked more in 4 episodes of TSSM compared to all 4 spidey movies.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #155
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Spidey can't have the same kind of awesome "hand-to-hand" fights with Electro as with Doc Ock. Against Electro he'll mostly have to avoid all the electricity. Though all the lightning will look spectacular.
True. But if Spider-Man gets the rubber suit, he would be able to make physical contact with Electro.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #156
Nicko-Ray
Danger!

Quote:
That show was great with the quipping. I think he joked more in 4 episodes of TSSM compared to all 4 spidey movies.
Actually...probably just one episode of TSSM. haha!

Old 12-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #157
Nicko-Ray
Danger!

Quote:
I don't see why they would need a ton of CGI. The only thing that would need special effects would be when Electro shoots lightning, and maybe spider-man when he swings in from a really building or something. I think they could use practical effects for the combat in this movie.
True. Lets hope so man..

This probably goes in gen discussion but..I also wonder like how about the other stunts/visuals? Him swinging again. Will they swing a guy for real for real this time again and change it up a bit...do something completely different? Wonder what they got in store..

Old 12-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #158
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
You guys need to be smacked.
I am serious
I would totally dig a Flowing trenchcoat and cowboy boots type of look

Old 12-21-2012, 05:32 AM   #159
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Trenchcoats are so overused in films.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #160
Picard Sisko

No matter what, there will always be CGI in Spider-Man movies. Especially fight scenes, or with him swinging around. However, I think the CGI in TASM was really good, if not amazing. It was such an improvement from the Raimi films. So I'm not as worried about that aspect anymore.

Its funny with SM3, because the CGI was either amazing (like Sandman for instance), or absolutely terrible (Peter and Harry fight).

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #161
AF3619
You´re those Spider-guys!

i liked the CGI a lot so, some day when i learn how to model and animate in 3D completly i´ll do the crane scene ..if my computer doesn´t explote first

Old 12-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #162
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
i liked the CGI a lot so, some day when i learn how to model and animate in 3D completly i´ll do the crane scene ..if my computer doesn´t explote first
Love your avatar btw.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #163
Picard Sisko

I think there were a few moments in TASM where the CGI could have been better: Lizard tearing the limo seats, a few shots of Spider-Man swinging during the crane scene, Spider-Man using his webbing to travel up Oscorp tower, and when he dodges some of Lizards attacks on the side of the building.

Otherwise, it was really well done. I mean, CGI will always look like CGI.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #164
AF3619
You´re those Spider-guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Love your avatar btw.
thanks, funny thing i was watching the "Crane scene" and in the featured videos was asdf movie 2 ..weird

Old 12-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #165
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I think there were a few moments in TASM where the CGI could have been better: Lizard tearing the limo seats, a few shots of Spider-Man swinging during the crane scene, Spider-Man using his webbing to travel up Oscorp tower, and when he dodges some of Lizards attacks on the side of the building.

Otherwise, it was really well done. I mean, CGI will always look like CGI.
Believe it or not, when Lizard tears the car seats the only thing CG is the Lizard's hand everything else (the car seats and tearing) is real. Sony Imagewoks even has trouble make REAL things look real.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #166
terry78
I don't die, fool

Except Smurfs.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #167
Majik1387
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Believe it or not, when Lizard tears the car seats the only thing CG is the Lizard's hand everything else (the car seats and tearing) is real. Sony Imagewoks even has trouble make REAL things look real.
Or maybe some posters here are too ready to jump on a hate bandwagon that they'll even say real things look fake just so they can have something negative to say about a movie.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #168
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I love the film and I think it looked fake. But what looked fake to me was more the movement of Lizard's arms. He was supposed to be pretty wild in that scene yet he rips the chair so slowly and "controlled" that it looks unreal to me.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #169
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I think they did a good job of blending CGI and real effects so that they appeared seamless. CGI is used so often now that reality ceases to register as real to naked eye.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #170
Oscorp
Side-Kick

The car chair is nothing compared to the scene shortly after that contains the worst effects in a Spidey movie ever. Yes, I'm talking about that moment when Ratha hits the front window.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #171
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
The car chair is nothing compared to the scene shortly after that contains the worst effects in a Spidey movie ever. Yes, I'm talking about that moment when Ratha hits the front window.
Yeah, that's true. Probably not worse..but yeah.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #172
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I've watched the film three times I think and that specific front window clip takes me out of the moment every time.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #173
SpiderMan'sBoot
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've watched the film three times I think and that specific front window clip takes me out of the moment every time.
Agreed! I love the whole movie, I prefer this to the Raimi stuff but that was a rubbish bit. It looks like something from one of those SyFy movies or whatever it is.

Be better to do Ratha looking back up at things or something I think. Then have that lead us back into the action.

It looked like poor slow mo or something, I don't even know! I'll shut up now :P

Old 12-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #174
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Or maybe some posters here are too ready to jump on a hate bandwagon that they'll even say real things look fake just so they can have something negative to say about a movie.
Barking up the wrong tree, I absolutely loved ASM.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #175
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

The CGI was no were near bad.

Closed Thread