The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

View Poll Results: Can Men be Trusted? with your Woman.
No Men can not be trusted. 16 69.57%
Yes Men can be trusted becuase your Woman isn't attractive/fat/toothless etc. 3 13.04%
Your Woman can't be trusted around Men. 3 13.04%
Your Woman can't be trusted around Woman.bisexual/Lezbian/sociopath etc. 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #276
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,887
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
i never discredited your profession. i have no reason to not believe you, so i never thought second of it. Last night I worked the for the Eagles at their concert, and last year worked gigs for various other bands being that I am employed by EMI/Live Nation. i have no reason to believe you made up your profession and i would think you have no reason not to believe me as well.

but on the subject that you claim people are calling you a fraud; wouldn't that someone be expected. as in they don't trust you to tell the truth. it's the whole mistrusting people part of human nature not to believe someone like that right? i'm not saying this to start an argument, just trying to bring up another side point on the topic at hand.
First of all, i dont believe you worked with the Eagles, you namedropper!

Kidding

Secondly, youre right.

However...we shouldnt have to prove everything we say here.

Imagine one of my fav recent threads...

The Apatow Crew: So, I want to date my manager at the fast food place

Others: You dont work fast food

TAC: Uh, yeah I do, but thats not the point...

Others: Prove it, you liar!

TAC: Um, well...no...but I asked her out and she said "yes"

Others: No she didnt! You dont have a date you liar!

You see how difficult it can be to communicate a simple concept if EVERY WORD you type is questioned?

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #277
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,887
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
i've still yet to see where anyone has said in here that they've never been betrayed.

i don't know that it is focusing on the big betrayals, or simply letting the smaller ones the person deems insignificant, fall away so to speak. like you said, dropping a knife and cutting someone is a whole lot different than someone stabbing you. i think it's logical to assume most would agree.

but like in a lot of things, people base their trust in different actions in different ways. with the instance of your sister not showing up for a job, i agree that it was very irresponsible on her part. if she is starting up a business, that doesn't show the professionalism that her company probably wants to convey. there's nothing wrong with you having a backup plan. especially when it comes to work, i think it's smart to have backup plans and have all things covered as best as you can.

for other things, such as lying, there are different levels of betrayal. there are some things that there are no excuse for betraying a person's trust. sometimes there are instances, although rare, where breaching that trust is actually a good thing. say your friend tells you they plan to kill themself in a week. do you keep their secret and not tell anyone? or do you tell someone in hopes of preventing your friend from following through and thus saving their life. sure this is an extreme instance, of which i am aware.

i just think that some people deem certain acts more heinous than others. there are some acts that i simply don't think i could condone (ie: molestation, rape, murder, cheating, abuse as other examples)
but there are things that i deem minor that i can move on and live past. i think these factors (of what we deem major betrayal or something minor) depend on each person individually. not everyone will ever agree wholeheartedly.
Of course youre right.

The fact is that, like everyone else...I DO trust my friends.

However...from a survival perspective...that is stupid.

People got up in arms when i dared suggest that most crimes are committed by people the victim trusts. Im sorry...but those are the facts of life.

I trust my friends, you trust your friends, Shadowboxing trusts his friends, Erzengel trusts his friends.

The odds are good that one of us is going to get burned eventually.

Does it mean we stop trusting??

No...we keep trusting. Because humans make decisions that go against the growth and survival of the species.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:44 PM   #278
ComicChick
Mmmm... Pizza
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 67,368
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post

You see how difficult it can be to communicate a simple concept if EVERY WORD you type is questioned?
that is the connundrum that is the hype.

like no one believes you are a female unless you post a picture with the words "my name is so and so and i post at the hype" or something to that extent.

i've never posted my pic on here, nor do i intend to. i'm a female, if people say i'm not. i don't care. they have no reason not to believe me, but if they don't, i won't lose any sleep over it

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #279
ComicChick
Mmmm... Pizza
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 67,368
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Of course youre right.

The fact is that, like everyone else...I DO trust my friends.

However...from a survival perspective...that is stupid.

People got up in arms when i dared suggest that most crimes are committed by people the victim trusts. Im sorry...but those are the facts of life.

I trust my friends, you trust your friends, Shadowboxing trusts his friends, Erzengel trusts his friends.

The odds are good that one of us is going to get burned eventually.

Does it mean we stop trusting??

No...we keep trusting.
Because humans make decisions that go against the growth and survival of the species.
i think that's the point people have been trying to make throughout this thread, but it seemingly got lost in the midst somehow.

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #280
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,887
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
i think that's the point people have been trying to make throughout this thread, but it seemingly got lost in the midst somehow.
Perhaps...

Everyone is talking about their personal experience and their trust level with their group of friends. What Im talking about is statistical data and the fact that on an animalistic "survival of the fittest" level, trust is moronic.

We can never say "My friends will never betray me" with 100% certainty. Human nature just doesnt allow a 100% certainty like that. One minute some dude is a loving family man, the next he's shooting up the post office he works at. That could be your best friend...that could be you.

So yeah...maybe people got upset when I posted about the laws of human nature and took it as a personal attack against their set of friends...it was never meant that way, of course.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #281
ComicChick
Mmmm... Pizza
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 67,368
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

human nature says a lot of things about us, but it doesn't make it set in stone.

there's a lot of things that are ugly about the world, but it doesn't mean we can't change it. the things i dislike in others (ie: character traits) are the things I try not to be or to convey to others. i hate dishonesty, so i am very honest. i hate to lie, hate being lied to even more. i can't speak for others and say they don't lie. but many of my friends will say that i am one of, if not the most honest and trustworthy person they know.

by being the things i desire in others, hopefully i can find people in my life who will reciprocate, whether it be a friend, family member or significant other. i don't see how to expect something from others that you don' give in return, but that's just me.

to diverge the topic some; cheating.
i can honestly say that i don't think i would ever cheat on someone. i'm 95% more likely to be cheated on than to cheat myself. i don't believe in cheating and don't support it at all. if i ever felt like i was in a position where i was even remotely considering cheating, i would feither end the relationship or do some serious in depth looking at said relationship before i would ever act on anything ever

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
RIP to the Mod of Thunder :(


I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #282
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,887
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
human nature says a lot of things about us, but it doesn't make it set in stone.

there's a lot of things that are ugly about the world, but it doesn't mean we can't change it. the things i dislike in others (ie: character traits) are the things I try not to be or to convey to others. i hate dishonesty, so i am very honest. i hate to lie, hate being lied to even more. i can't speak for others and say they don't lie. but many of my friends will say that i am one of, if not the most honest and trustworthy person they know.

by being the things i desire in others, hopefully i can find people in my life who will reciprocate, whether it be a friend, family member or significant other. i don't see how to expect something from others that you don' give in return, but that's just me.

to diverge the topic some; cheating.
i can honestly say that i don't think i would ever cheat on someone. i'm 95% more likely to be cheated on than to cheat myself. i don't believe in cheating and don't support it at all. if i ever felt like i was in a position where i was even remotely considering cheating, i would feither end the relationship or do some serious in depth looking at said relationship before i would ever act on anything ever
Thats commendable. Unfortunately, you may resist human nature and strive to go above the selfishness of the flesh, you can NOT change that in others. Sadly, though you may surround yourself with people who think likewise, I'm sure you also understand that the worst of the human race are seeking you out. Schemers and con artists look for people such as yourself...and if they are sneaky enough or if they push the right buttons...maybe they can fool you. I hope not.

As I said in my opening post in this thread...humans do many things that are commendable, but stupid. It is a GOOD thing that we save the weak and nurture our sickly...but it is against the betterment of our species. The nazis were evil, of course...but the idea that if we purify the species by letting the weak die WOULD strengthen the species. I am NOT saying that the Nazis were doing a good thing, by the way. But most animals encourage the strong traits in their species to continue, while we keep our weak traits going. (I am NOT saying that Jews are a weak link)

I guess its because humans use their hearts, not their instincts or brains. Its a good thing that we do, but it may cause us a lot of emotional damage.


Last edited by Heretic; 01-14-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:19 AM   #283
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,645
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
As I said in my opening post in this thread...humans do many things that are commendable, but stupid. It is a GOOD thing that we save the weak and nurture our sickly...but it is against the betterment of our species. The nazis were evil, of course...but the idea that if we purify the species by letting the weak die WOULD strengthen the species. I am NOT saying that the Nazis were doing a good thing, by the way.
"Hey guys I'm not saying the Nazi's were cool and stuff...but I mean those guys were awesome"

BTW eugenics is as about as feeble and stupid as ideas come.
Quote:
But most animals encourage the strong traits in their species to continue, while we keep our weak traits going. (I am NOT saying that Jews are a weak link)
No they don't, as a matter of fact, they have no control over it at all. If that were even remotely true, why would species go extinct in the first place?


Last edited by ShadowBoxing; 01-14-2009 at 09:52 AM.
ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:06 AM   #284
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70,728
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Heretic's analogies reminds me of Ghostrider87's. I'm a good guy just like Captain America and Hal Jordan.

__________________
Erzengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #285
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,645
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Thats commendable. Unfortunately, you may resist human nature and strive to go above the selfishness of the flesh, you can NOT change that in others. Sadly, though you may surround yourself with people who think likewise, I'm sure you also understand that the worst of the human race are seeking you out. Schemers and con artists look for people such as yourself...and if they are sneaky enough or if they push the right buttons...maybe they can fool you. I hope not.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #286
LexCorp
Lex Luthor
 
LexCorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth (England-USA)
Posts: 18,405
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Are you serious - my wife - they would jump at the ******* chance

LexCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #287
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,887
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Once again Shadowboxing, who has no ability to read words...just glances over and misunderstands what Im saying.

First of all...I said THE EXACT OPPOSITE of antisemitic remarks. I made it clear that I was using the most famous example of eugenics as just that...an example. Eugenics...AGAIN...is a bad thing (shadowboxing will skip right over that).

And sorry Shadowboxing...but animals DO encourage their strong traits to continue. Obviously, they arent bright enough to not what they're doing.

VERY BASIC science classes wil tell you that animals adapt, grow fur, develop longer necks to get high food etc. The weak traits that dont benefit the survival of the species die off. Once again, this isnt my opinion, its in every science book in elementary schools across the country. Of course...Shadowboxing knows better than history books, so why wouldnt he also know better than science books?

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #288
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70,728
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

So Shadowboxing isn't historically right?

__________________
Erzengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #289
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,645
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
First of all...I said THE EXACT OPPOSITE of antisemitic remarks. I made it clear that I was using the most famous example of eugenics as just that...an example. Eugenics...AGAIN...is a bad thing
Eugenics have nothing to do with anti-semitism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
VERY BASIC science classes wil tell you that animals adapt, grow fur, develop longer necks to get high food etc. The weak traits that dont benefit the survival of the species die off.
That's not true. Species can go extinct from weak traits, but humans still possess vestigel organs, many animals metabolic systems are still incredibly inefficient, we still see autism, down syndrome, heart murmurs, weak auto-immune systems, and other debilitating traits passed down for generations, sometimes increasing in frequency as time goes on.
Quote:
Once again, this isnt my opinion, its in every science book in elementary schools across the country. Of course...Shadowboxing knows better than history books, so why wouldnt he also know better than science books?
I'm guessing that's where you learned about evolution and animals, because a middle schooler should know better than the crap misconceptions in your posts

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #290
Nirvana
Slowly Losing My Mind
 
Nirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,359
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Lawl at the Legion of Doom photo.

__________________
What would you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #291
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,887
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

OF COURSE human diseases keep going on and on...I said on THIS PAGE that humans pass down their weak traits instead of trying to stop them.

And I dont know why you're arguing this point...unless youre a total moron...but why do some animals have fur? Why do some animals have long tounges? Why do diffeent species have different traits?? Why dont we all have gills?

Its because animals adapt and either die off or develop triats that help them live in their environment. The mere fact that you are arguing aginst that is just stupid.

People can say "oh, he's saying hes historically accurate again", but shadowboxing, you are a complete idiot if you dont know why animals have different traits. It isnt an accident...nature evolved them!

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #292
Ace of Knaves
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Riding on the storm...
Posts: 31,569
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Whoaa!! Is this still going on?

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #293
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,887
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Lawl at the Legion of Doom photo.

HELP IM BEING POSSESSED BY SHADOWBOXING!!!!!

That isn't a photo, stupid, its a snapshot of a cartoon. They are fictional characters. Don't you know anything?

I'm going to mince words and split hairs all day and make you look stupid for thinking that was an actual photograph of the legion of doom.





What? What happened??? Did I just post something?

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #294
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,887
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
Whoaa!! Is this still going on?

Yes, because Shaadowboxing is now claiming that animals do not adapt to better their species survival.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #295
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 70,728
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

A photo is a snapshot.

__________________
Erzengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #296
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,645
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
OF COURSE human diseases keep going on and on...I said on THIS PAGE that humans pass down their weak traits instead of trying to stop them.
Autism isn't a disease You say that like we have a choice.
Quote:
And I dont know why you're arguing this point...unless youre a total moron...but why do some animals have fur? Why do some animals have long tounges? Why do diffeent species have different traits?? Why dont we all have gills?
Ooohh! Ooohh! I know. Genetic drift. Natural Selection.
Quote:
Its because animals adapt and either die off or develop triats that help them live in their environment. The mere fact that you are arguing aginst that is just stupid.
Do you know what genetic drift is, like, at all?
Quote:
People can say "oh, he's saying hes historically accurate again", but shadowboxing, you are a complete idiot if you dont know why animals have different traits. It isnt an accident...nature evolved them!
Seriously, tell me what genetic drift is, or even explain natural selection, because you're still explaining the kindergarden "Giraffs have long necks because they wanted the higher food" bullsh** explanation.


Last edited by ShadowBoxing; 01-14-2009 at 12:22 PM.
ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #297
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,645
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Yes, because Shaadowboxing is now claiming that animals do not adapt to better their species survival.
They don't. Genetic drift is responsible for variations within a species, small, very unnoticeable variations, over time as species become isolated from each other, or move to other parts of their land(s) this variation gives rise to new species.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #298
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,887
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Im using simple terms because this is simple business. Its obvious to everyone that species adapt.

So, you believe that all adaptations are the result of genetic drift. Gotcha.

What I am talking about is natural selection, which is the most prominently believed theory in the world.

What am I saying?? Shadowboxing doesnt believe in natural selection...of course its a fraud!

Charles darwin was wrong...Shadowboxing is right. You heard it here first.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #299
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,645
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Im using simple terms because this is simple business. Its obvious to everyone that species adapt.

So, you believe that all adaptations are the result of genetic drift. Gotcha.

What I am talking about is natural selection, which is the most prominently believed theory in the world.

What am I saying?? Shadowboxing doesnt believe in natural selection...of course its a fraud!

Charles darwin was wrong...Shadowboxing is right. You heard it here first.
Natural selection is very real, your grasp of natural selection though is complete sh--. That's what I'm saying

Darwin is doing this right now :facepalm

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #300
Nirvana
Slowly Losing My Mind
 
Nirvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,359
Default Re: Can Men be Trusted? With your Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
HELP IM BEING POSSESSED BY SHADOWBOXING!!!!!

That isn't a photo, stupid, its a snapshot of a cartoon. They are fictional characters. Don't you know anything?

I'm going to mince words and split hairs all day and make you look stupid for thinking that was an actual photograph of the legion of doom.





What? What happened??? Did I just post something?
Lawl at you, Heretic. You silly Goose!

__________________
What would you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.